Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dpack_1 posted:

That's actually a hand crafted exact 1:1 wax replica of Iggy Pop.

No; there's exactly enough wax there to make two Iggy Pops'.
Therefore there are at least two Iggy's Pop loose in the world, reproducing asexually like amoeba.
Each pair more sinuwey and skeletal than the last.

CATTASTIC has a new favorite as of 17:25 on May 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fig a)
Iggy Pop spawn:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

whatcha thinkin' about, bae?

oh, you know, shopping for mannequin heads on ebay

Every one of those looks like those wax reconstructions they do of unidentified human remains

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Fig a)
Iggy Pop spawn:

:staredog:

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Iggy Pup:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
You've met a terrible fate, haven't you?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I̡̛̖̬̜̘͙̰̻̦̳ͦ̀̋͂̊̂̈̽̿̚͢g̢͗̐̊̿ͫ́͞͏̹͈̭̞g̵̢̺͉̬̥̦͕̻̰̭̯̲̞̺͚̹̭̪͇͛ͩͭ̃̄ͥ̒͑ͤͤͬͦ͠ͅgͮ͐͂̇̽͊̑́ͣ͊̌̋̾͐̃҉̴̵͈̤̟̪g̸͈̮͇̣ͦ͛̒͗ͣͨ̓̈́́̆̌̒ͨ͡͝g̾ͬ̌̔̾̇̌̆͊̈̉̌̾̀͞͏͉̺͍͇̼̞̗̭̘̞͚̯̤̬̗͘y̢͒̾͂̃ͦ̃ͫ̌ͧ̃͊͐͒̔ͣ̀҉̟̤̘̟̠̩y̵̢̦̲̮̖̣̗͔̜͚ͥͬͦͥ̓͑̈́ͦ̚͜͝yͤ͌̔̉͐ͭ̑́͏̛͈̻̟͉̳̰̜͘͝y̷̨̲̬̞͇̪͎̟̰͕̺̮̳͌̐̿̇̽̉͂ͅ ̸̬̭̻̝̘̻̖͓͔̹̦̼̖̯̬̲̖̣̀͑ͪ̊̋͘͘͢P̸̥͓̯͍̜̲͔̘̦͈̫̜̬̻͕̰͋̉́͋̓̉̈͂̆̂ͯ͊ͥ̃ͤ̚̚̚ͅǫ̶̸̛̭̘̭̞͕͇̳̹͋ͭ͊ͣ̽ͪ̆͒́ͯͣ̉͞ͅͅp̧̡̫̻̻͖͖̝͑̅̆̂̇̓͑̉͑̇̉̈́͗̾ͬ̄̈́́͘͡p̅͋̆ͧ̊ͦ͋̂ͣ͆̐̎͘͟͏̤̗̺̰͖̖͔͓͈̯̮͍̺̹̙̗͟͠p̡̤̮̱͖ͮ̉ͯͭ͌̓̾̈́ͮ͋́͆͐̚͜͟ͅp̶͐̓ͬ̔͏͇̥̫̹͕̤̝̖̻̬̖̦̱̟̖͍p̴͍̼̺̩͓͚̥̟͓͔̖͇̂̄̔̆̏̚͠

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I̦͈̲̙͔̣̱̫̠̰̘͉͇̹̬̳͉̤ͣ̑̀͛̔͗͋̎̋ͦ̓ͦ́͂̾ͣ̕͜͟I̵͍͍͔̺̗̱̱̥ͦ̋ͭ͊ͫ̾̅ͭ͟͜I̷̧͖̝͔̲͓͇͑͗̽̒ͦͨ̃̋̎̉ͦͨ̊̂̈́͆͞I̡̬͍͎͖̥̺̺͆ͤ̎ͦ̌̒͛̐ͅÎ̢͖͈̲̼̈̿̏ͦ̃́̏̏̽͠͡Ỉ̶̵̢̖̖͎̟̏̎̾ͭ̿͑̒ͩͪ̀͜͝I̴̶̥̠̙̭̺͉̲͎̪̲̪̺͚̬̣̗̝̟͆͐̅̋̃̍̈ͬͣ̓̇̏̿͂̚̚͜͠Iͩ̌͂̿ͧͦͥͤ̂ͬ̾ͦ͆̉̌ͤ̚͏̞͕̻̙̙̪̬͈͎̘͍̱͚̟͍͖͍̭͟I̸̻̥͇̭̜͔̣̖̠̫̲ͫͥ͆̔̑͂ͩ͒̋̉ͭ̍̈ͥ̿͒͆͛͡͞͠ͅĮ͉̣̘̼͕̯̩̰͕͇̝̼̣̃̊ͥͣ̏̈́̆̓͡Ì̴̡͕͎͍̖͇̝͕̱͖̤̙̜͎ͪ̓͛̅̀̕͡Ḭ͍͔̳̙͎̰̫̳̽͒͌̎́͑ͩͯ̃̃̒ͥ̍͘̕I̧ͫ͛̊̍ͧ̉͗ͮ̂ͯͤ͋҉̸̟̟̠̗͉͍̼̞͇͍̗̙̻̖̻̯̦̀͘Į̵̨̣̪̺̝̣͕̦̳̱͕̭̱͔̫͎̋̋ͥ͐ͨ̊ͦ͑ͩ̎̊͑ͬͫ̈́͑̑̈́I̔̇ͩ͋̂ͤ̾̊ͩ̅̎̉̉̐҉͈̪̣̥̘͖͙͍̺̀I̶̳̯̘͕̦̞͕̥̗̣̬͇̥͗̾ͦ̂̂I̷̩͉͖͙̠͕̠̝͔͖ͯ̈́̔͊ͣ̅͗̌͗̓ͥͯ̌̄͐̕ͅI̷͕̦̼͔̤̦̥̣̾͆͗̉̔̄̌͗̉̍ͮ̓̊͂͊̑͑̀͝͞ͅͅĪ̈ͨ̓ͫͮ̐͏̤̣͉̺̳̝͇̣̫̙͚͇̘̖͟͢͡Ĩ̸̧͔͚̦͈̥̲̙͍̮̣͇̼͈̩͇̠̔̓̓̒̄͒̉̚̚̚͜I̶̱̖̟̠̤̣͍͛̂̇̊̈́́̔̄ͬ͘̕͘I̷͈̞͓̘̞̘͇͔̘̭͎̗̭͖̘̬̩ͥ̾̌̍ͭ͗ͤ͘͟I͈͍̠̦̭̭̠͚̼͉̜ͮ̅͛ͣ́͜Iͧ̑͊ͧ̂͋͒ͮ̓̓̓̊͘҉̪̥̝̦̣̫̺̭͎̼̮̯̀Ĭ̴̷̜̱̻͎̟̼͈̼̜͉̲͖̫͓̲́̈́ͦͭ͡͡ͅI̽ͪ̎͒̈́́̚͏̘̹͚͇͖͘Ī̴̢̠̤̪̲͇̫̩̲͙̝̩̱̩̰̩̜̫̻ͧ͆̓͑̒̌ͯ̓̊̓͋̾̐̓̄͛̚̚͜͞͡ͅI̾̿́́̂ͩ̍͛ͫ̚͢͝͏͏̦̠͇̼͕̜͍͙̱̪̲̗͍͚̳̼I̧̪͕̜͍͓͚̞̜̞̜ͯ̈̓̋́͢͠Ĩ̷̴̵̧͖͖̗̭̗͚̗͖̘̮̤̲͈͎ͬ̋̓͑͑͜I̵͖̟̙̜̩̝͍͎̺͖̬̻̗̼ͭͮͦ̈̎͐̀̕͠͞I̛ͦ͒͋̄̐̉͊̈̋ͫ̈͡͏̺̘̫̰͈̙͚͉͔̙̫̹̹̲̭Į̊̽͗ͣ̓͌ͫ͆͆͐͋̂͏͓̼̬̕Ḯͭ̿͐ͣ̈͐̃̾͏̴̢̦̞̟͎̤͇̗̼̭͙̩̻̞̘̲͍͟͡I͖̻̪̼̦̟͔͙͔̮̲̠̐ͨ̋̔ͧ̓̄̏̊ͩ͑͐̀̀Į̵̧̦̩̣̻͙͈̩͎͔̞͈͔͕̹͇͓̱ͥͪ͋̌̽ͪ͐́̚͜I̶̧͉̼͉̳̣͕͔ͣ̐ͬ̓ͣ̐͘͝Į̵̥̙̟̞̗́͆̐ͦ͊̓̐̓ͫ͐̃̀ͤ͛̃̒̒̓I̡̞͖̤̹̩̹ͯ̑̍̍͆ͩ͂ͥ̏͛̄ͧ̓̄̾͊̀͜͜͡I̵̜̻̻̘̥̳̼̦͉̱̖̟͌̇̎͗ͩ̏͛̌̐̃Í̷̳͉̼̭̗̼͇͖͙̱̳̠̈̒͗͛ͤ͐ͧ̐͐̒̒ͥͩ͢͞ͅI̸̭̟͖̪̣͈̹̬̗̞̞͖͇̙͕͊ͭ͐̅̓̋ͮͫ̏̑͐̊̈́ͦ̚I̷̡̞̫̣̭̘͕͙̥̹̞̪͖͓̼͛͛̔ͮ̏̉̉͊͆̉ͫIͪ͆ͬ̂̉ͧ̋̑͋̃͌̔̎͂͢҉̧͟҉͈̳̩͇͕͚͖͇͖̖̘ͅI̵̧̨̬̰̙͈͙̩̣̻̘̠͛͑̑ͣ̀I̢̧̺̝̫̦̼̠̮̰ͪ͑̉̓ͣ̔̓̿̓̄͒̄̑̃I̸̷̻̯̣̗͔̜̱ͯ͒̊̃̅̓I͆̓̃ͧ̈ͬ̅̀ͨͦ͂̅̄͏̛̖̪͚̳̮̻͕̯͝I̧̛͕̺̣͉̭̰̗̩͙̺̻̗̘ͯ̏͌̔̿ͮ̐ͩ̅̓͞I̧̛̱̫͇͉̫͗̊ͣ͌̎̍ͥ͒ͭͤ͐͡ͅĬ̭̭̹̫̣̼͙͎̮̥̳̏ͬ̌̐ͫ͑͒͠I̵̵͗̑̓ͥ́͂ͥͧ͑̒͆͌̚͏̴͔̖͍̖͓̥̟̗̹̳̪̠̙͓̜̪̗Ḭ̫̠͇͇̎ͥ̔̈͆̾͌ͧ͗͆̀͜Ì̎ͥ͌͒ͭͭ̄͋̏͗̌͛̾҉̨̕҉̣̳͔͚̮͙̭̬̼̤̹̣̗͟ͅĮ̵̞̙̤̥̻͔̭̳̺͈̣̥͈͙̽͐̌̌ͫ̎̊̔̓͗̿̔̚͜͡͝I̛̛̦̭̱͈̪͖̜͔̗̰͍̬͇̟̹̺̔ͤ̓ͬ͛͛̔ͣͫ̋͑̍̒͆̚͘͞I̡̮̱͙̟̣̯͙͖̤ͪ̍̒ͨ͆͌̀ͩ̃ͯ́͝Ȉ̶̼̼͔̣͖̄̆ͣ̄͌͑͊ͣ͐̓̚͟͜͡Į͎͎͍̪̼̮͖̹̇ͨ̂̍ͯ̂͒ͥ̎̄ͥ̍̉͌́͝͡ͅÍ̶̴̬̙̭̲͉͔̜̯̟̪̲̳̣͑ͦͭ̓͆ͯ̐͂ͫ̔͑̂̕͡I̊̃̔̔̂̍̍̀͢͏͏͍͙͖̖̺̙I̶̘̟̩̯̱̪͕̪̯̭̫̋̊ͥͬ́͆̚͡͡ͅI̸̢̜̜͇͔̦̹̣̲̯͇̟̻̗͙͔̖̳͌͌̈́ͭͮ̓̆ͧ͋̔̔̐̇I̭͓̪̝̠̭̻̙̫̖̿̂͊̆̅̾̓̏ͬͦ͊̽͜͜͝Ï̷̴͇͇͙̻̩̀́ͥͭ͜͞I̶̡̫̹̜̙͓̜̩͚̹̞̖̬͚̤̠͙̾̎̅̎̓̽̋ͥ̎ͥ͑̌̌͋͑̾̀̚ͅͅI̶̡̭̘͚̤̠͈̗̣̥̖̅̃ͪ̏̇ͅÎ̽͊̍҉̡͉̜̺̙͕̱̹̟I̷͎̟̩͛̒̾ͫ̌͌̉̚ͅI̷̺̘̪̹͙͎̭̩͚͔̹͙͕͉͓̟̜̎ͪͯ̾̾̎͝Į̸̡̛̘̖̗͓̤̹͈͓̪̼͕̭͓̰̲̲̙͗͐͂ͥ͛ͬͤ̇̓͆̎͐ͥ̽̓͆̔̀̌͘ͅI͎̣̖̘̩͔͕͚̮ͫ̅ͦ̊́̓̅̔ͬ͞͡ͅI̷̸̡͙̘̼ͧ̂͒ͥ̽͆ͣ̍ͪ̀͛̌̉̾̚

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

QUACKTASTIC posted:

I̦͈̲̙͔̣̱̫̠̰̘͉͇̹̬̳͉̤ͣ̑̀͛̔͗͋̎̋ͦ̓ͦ́͂̾ͣ̕͜͟I̵͍͍͔̺̗̱̱̥ͦ̋ͭ͊ͫ̾̅ͭ͟͜I̷̧͖̝͔̲͓͇͑͗̽̒ͦͨ̃̋̎̉ͦͨ̊̂̈́͆͞I̡̬͍͎͖̥̺̺͆ͤ̎ͦ̌̒͛̐ͅÎ̢͖͈̲̼̈̿̏ͦ̃́̏̏̽͠͡Ỉ̶̵̢̖̖͎̟̏̎̾ͭ̿͑̒ͩͪ̀͜͝I̴̶̥̠̙̭̺͉̲͎̪̲̪̺͚̬̣̗̝̟͆͐̅̋̃̍̈ͬͣ̓̇̏̿͂̚̚͜͠Iͩ̌͂̿ͧͦͥͤ̂ͬ̾ͦ͆̉̌ͤ̚͏̞͕̻̙̙̪̬͈͎̘͍̱͚̟͍͖͍̭͟I̸̻̥͇̭̜͔̣̖̠̫̲ͫͥ͆̔̑͂ͩ͒̋̉ͭ̍̈ͥ̿͒͆͛͡͞͠ͅĮ͉̣̘̼͕̯̩̰͕͇̝̼̣̃̊ͥͣ̏̈́̆̓͡Ì̴̡͕͎͍̖͇̝͕̱͖̤̙̜͎ͪ̓͛̅̀̕͡Ḭ͍͔̳̙͎̰̫̳̽͒͌̎́͑ͩͯ̃̃̒ͥ̍͘̕I̧ͫ͛̊̍ͧ̉͗ͮ̂ͯͤ͋҉̸̟̟̠̗͉͍̼̞͇͍̗̙̻̖̻̯̦̀͘Į̵̨̣̪̺̝̣͕̦̳̱͕̭̱͔̫͎̋̋ͥ͐ͨ̊ͦ͑ͩ̎̊͑ͬͫ̈́͑̑̈́I̔̇ͩ͋̂ͤ̾̊ͩ̅̎̉̉̐҉͈̪̣̥̘͖͙͍̺̀I̶̳̯̘͕̦̞͕̥̗̣̬͇̥͗̾ͦ̂̂I̷̩͉͖͙̠͕̠̝͔͖ͯ̈́̔͊ͣ̅͗̌͗̓ͥͯ̌̄͐̕ͅI̷͕̦̼͔̤̦̥̣̾͆͗̉̔̄̌͗̉̍ͮ̓̊͂͊̑͑̀͝͞ͅͅĪ̈ͨ̓ͫͮ̐͏̤̣͉̺̳̝͇̣̫̙͚͇̘̖͟͢͡Ĩ̸̧͔͚̦͈̥̲̙͍̮̣͇̼͈̩͇̠̔̓̓̒̄͒̉̚̚̚͜I̶̱̖̟̠̤̣͍͛̂̇̊̈́́̔̄ͬ͘̕͘I̷͈̞͓̘̞̘͇͔̘̭͎̗̭͖̘̬̩ͥ̾̌̍ͭ͗ͤ͘͟I͈͍̠̦̭̭̠͚̼͉̜ͮ̅͛ͣ́͜Iͧ̑͊ͧ̂͋͒ͮ̓̓̓̊͘҉̪̥̝̦̣̫̺̭͎̼̮̯̀Ĭ̴̷̜̱̻͎̟̼͈̼̜͉̲͖̫͓̲́̈́ͦͭ͡͡ͅI̽ͪ̎͒̈́́̚͏̘̹͚͇͖͘Ī̴̢̠̤̪̲͇̫̩̲͙̝̩̱̩̰̩̜̫̻ͧ͆̓͑̒̌ͯ̓̊̓͋̾̐̓̄͛̚̚͜͞͡ͅI̾̿́́̂ͩ̍͛ͫ̚͢͝͏͏̦̠͇̼͕̜͍͙̱̪̲̗͍͚̳̼I̧̪͕̜͍͓͚̞̜̞̜ͯ̈̓̋́͢͠Ĩ̷̴̵̧͖͖̗̭̗͚̗͖̘̮̤̲͈͎ͬ̋̓͑͑͜I̵͖̟̙̜̩̝͍͎̺͖̬̻̗̼ͭͮͦ̈̎͐̀̕͠͞I̛ͦ͒͋̄̐̉͊̈̋ͫ̈͡͏̺̘̫̰͈̙͚͉͔̙̫̹̹̲̭Į̊̽͗ͣ̓͌ͫ͆͆͐͋̂͏͓̼̬̕Ḯͭ̿͐ͣ̈͐̃̾͏̴̢̦̞̟͎̤͇̗̼̭͙̩̻̞̘̲͍͟͡I͖̻̪̼̦̟͔͙͔̮̲̠̐ͨ̋̔ͧ̓̄̏̊ͩ͑͐̀̀Į̵̧̦̩̣̻͙͈̩͎͔̞͈͔͕̹͇͓̱ͥͪ͋̌̽ͪ͐́̚͜I̶̧͉̼͉̳̣͕͔ͣ̐ͬ̓ͣ̐͘͝Į̵̥̙̟̞̗́͆̐ͦ͊̓̐̓ͫ͐̃̀ͤ͛̃̒̒̓I̡̞͖̤̹̩̹ͯ̑̍̍͆ͩ͂ͥ̏͛̄ͧ̓̄̾͊̀͜͜͡I̵̜̻̻̘̥̳̼̦͉̱̖̟͌̇̎͗ͩ̏͛̌̐̃Í̷̳͉̼̭̗̼͇͖͙̱̳̠̈̒͗͛ͤ͐ͧ̐͐̒̒ͥͩ͢͞ͅI̸̭̟͖̪̣͈̹̬̗̞̞͖͇̙͕͊ͭ͐̅̓̋ͮͫ̏̑͐̊̈́ͦ̚I̷̡̞̫̣̭̘͕͙̥̹̞̪͖͓̼͛͛̔ͮ̏̉̉͊͆̉ͫIͪ͆ͬ̂̉ͧ̋̑͋̃͌̔̎͂͢҉̧͟҉͈̳̩͇͕͚͖͇͖̖̘ͅI̵̧̨̬̰̙͈͙̩̣̻̘̠͛͑̑ͣ̀I̢̧̺̝̫̦̼̠̮̰ͪ͑̉̓ͣ̔̓̿̓̄͒̄̑̃I̸̷̻̯̣̗͔̜̱ͯ͒̊̃̅̓I͆̓̃ͧ̈ͬ̅̀ͨͦ͂̅̄͏̛̖̪͚̳̮̻͕̯͝I̧̛͕̺̣͉̭̰̗̩͙̺̻̗̘ͯ̏͌̔̿ͮ̐ͩ̅̓͞I̧̛̱̫͇͉̫͗̊ͣ͌̎̍ͥ͒ͭͤ͐͡ͅĬ̭̭̹̫̣̼͙͎̮̥̳̏ͬ̌̐ͫ͑͒͠I̵̵͗̑̓ͥ́͂ͥͧ͑̒͆͌̚͏̴͔̖͍̖͓̥̟̗̹̳̪̠̙͓̜̪̗Ḭ̫̠͇͇̎ͥ̔̈͆̾͌ͧ͗͆̀͜Ì̎ͥ͌͒ͭͭ̄͋̏͗̌͛̾҉̨̕҉̣̳͔͚̮͙̭̬̼̤̹̣̗͟ͅĮ̵̞̙̤̥̻͔̭̳̺͈̣̥͈͙̽͐̌̌ͫ̎̊̔̓͗̿̔̚͜͡͝I̛̛̦̭̱͈̪͖̜͔̗̰͍̬͇̟̹̺̔ͤ̓ͬ͛͛̔ͣͫ̋͑̍̒͆̚͘͞I̡̮̱͙̟̣̯͙͖̤ͪ̍̒ͨ͆͌̀ͩ̃ͯ́͝Ȉ̶̼̼͔̣͖̄̆ͣ̄͌͑͊ͣ͐̓̚͟͜͡Į͎͎͍̪̼̮͖̹̇ͨ̂̍ͯ̂͒ͥ̎̄ͥ̍̉͌́͝͡ͅÍ̶̴̬̙̭̲͉͔̜̯̟̪̲̳̣͑ͦͭ̓͆ͯ̐͂ͫ̔͑̂̕͡I̊̃̔̔̂̍̍̀͢͏͏͍͙͖̖̺̙I̶̘̟̩̯̱̪͕̪̯̭̫̋̊ͥͬ́͆̚͡͡ͅI̸̢̜̜͇͔̦̹̣̲̯͇̟̻̗͙͔̖̳͌͌̈́ͭͮ̓̆ͧ͋̔̔̐̇I̭͓̪̝̠̭̻̙̫̖̿̂͊̆̅̾̓̏ͬͦ͊̽͜͜͝Ï̷̴͇͇͙̻̩̀́ͥͭ͜͞I̶̡̫̹̜̙͓̜̩͚̹̞̖̬͚̤̠͙̾̎̅̎̓̽̋ͥ̎ͥ͑̌̌͋͑̾̀̚ͅͅI̶̡̭̘͚̤̠͈̗̣̥̖̅̃ͪ̏̇ͅÎ̽͊̍҉̡͉̜̺̙͕̱̹̟I̷͎̟̩͛̒̾ͫ̌͌̉̚ͅI̷̺̘̪̹͙͎̭̩͚͔̹͙͕͉͓̟̜̎ͪͯ̾̾̎͝Į̸̡̛̘̖̗͓̤̹͈͓̪̼͕̭͓̰̲̲̙͗͐͂ͥ͛ͬͤ̇̓͆̎͐ͥ̽̓͆̔̀̌͘ͅI͎̣̖̘̩͔͕͚̮ͫ̅ͦ̊́̓̅̔ͬ͞͡ͅI̷̸̡͙̘̼ͧ̂͒ͥ̽͆ͣ̍ͪ̀͛̌̉̾̚

Huh, this cosmic horror appears to have regular orthodontic care. You don't get teeth like that without brushing, flossing, braces and whitening treatments.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Someone forgot their Tecate.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Huh, this cosmic horror appears to have regular orthodontic care. You don't get teeth like that without brushing, flossing, braces and whitening treatments.

I guess I really should have listened to my dentist when he said feasting on the souls of the damned is better for your enamel than drinking soda.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Huh. I just realized I get severe anxiety staring at these things due to how many times I've been jump scare bamboozeled.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i don't like jump scares

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRvfxWRi6qQ

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsT6Ld-IOZk

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Romeo Rose after he took the world's advice and died in a fire.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I would like to know what actually is going on here

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Choco1980 posted:

I don't know, but I wouldn't stick a thumb drive in there.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Choco1980 posted:

I can't find a good, reliable write-up to say for sure, but from quick googling the internet seems to believe that this is a 'radium mask', a crude early implementation of radioactive therapy for treating cancer; the weird nodules would probably be where you stick radioactive source material to be focused onto the face. All of the sources I'm seeing sort of just quote back from each other, however, so I'm not terribly sure if any of it is reliable. In fact, there isn't a single reliable source, just a bunch of loving aggregators all quoting the same explanation. It's still pretty freaky looking.

Oh, and while I didn't find anything too informative, there's plenty of other off-putting images available if you search 'radium mask' of inexplicable head strappings and people with missing jaws, so there's that at least.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Could someone make this into an avatar, with the edges cropped so it focuses a little bit on the cute little boy there?

e:nvm, done did learn how to do it myself.

Hamshot has a new favorite as of 14:20 on Jun 1, 2017

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva (FOP) is a disorder in which muscle tissue and connective tissue such as tendons and ligaments are gradually replaced by bone (ossified), forming bone outside the skeleton (extra-skeletal or heterotopic bone) that constrains movement."

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

At least one of those people is dead.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Kavak posted:

At least one of those people is dead.

I would hope all of them are by now, but the middle one probably isn't..

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He's dead serious about taking that photo though. He looks like the physical manifestation of "stern."

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I can't tell if it's the child that's passed on or the father/grandfather. Maybe he looks super-stern because he's trying not to break down since you had to sit still for a long time for photos back then.

:smith:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

It might be both.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I can't tell if it's the child that's passed on or the father/grandfather. Maybe he looks super-stern because he's trying not to break down since you had to sit still for a long time for photos back then.

:smith:

The awkward posing makes me think the child. Though the freaky eyes make me suspect it's possibly both.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Given the stiff posture, my money's on the kid.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

It was actually the photographer! :ghost:

I do think it's the old guy, though - he's the only one sitting and the kid, if he's not dead, looks pretty uncomfortable.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
It's both the old man and the kid. Deed (heh) giveaway is the eyes. You had to hold still for a long time on those old daguerreotypes, but no matter how still you could hold your body, you still have to blink. So living people in daguerreotypes will have blurred eyes, but dead people will have very clear eyes. Looking at the three closeups of their face, the woman is the only one with any blurring in her face.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
While we're on the subject of 'dead or not dead?' take a guess about the dad here:

On one hand, he's upright and it doesn't look like there's a stand or other support propping him up; on the other, his posture is stiff and awkward, and it doesn't seem like he blinked at all.

Or these two girls:

It's been argued that standing girl's hands are discolored and swollen as if decomposition were beginning, and it kinda looks like there's a stand poking out from behind her shoe, but on the other hand seated girl looks stiffer, though both have the freaky-eye thing going on.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Astrofig posted:

While we're on the subject of 'dead or not dead?' take a guess about the dad here:

On one hand, he's upright and it doesn't look like there's a stand or other support propping him up; on the other, his posture is stiff and awkward, and it doesn't seem like he blinked at all.

Or these two girls:

It's been argued that standing girl's hands are discolored and swollen as if decomposition were beginning, and it kinda looks like there's a stand poking out from behind her shoe, but on the other hand seated girl looks stiffer, though both have the freaky-eye thing going on.

Those aren't embedding correctly. That, or the host doesn't have enough bandwidth to support embedding. I'll link them. Father and child:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/misty_bee/5711223928/

Two girls:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/misty_bee/5710663641/

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always wonder what people 100 years from now will find absolutely weird and disturbing that we're doing. If I'd hazard a guess it would would be adderall being doled out to kids on a whim.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Astrofig posted:

Or these two girls:

Dad is dead. The only blurred part of him is his hands, on the child. Bits of the child are slightly blurred. Child is asleep or dead, I'm actually thinking the child might be live there.

Standing girl is definitely dead. Fabric of her skirt is another clue there, it's pinched from behind to make it look sharp in position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Pick posted:

Dad is dead. The only blurred part of him is his hands, on the child. Bits of the child are slightly blurred. Child is asleep or dead, I'm actually thinking the child might be live there.

Standing girl is definitely dead. Fabric of her skirt is another clue there, it's pinched from behind to make it look sharp in position.

If the former is true (I'm not convinced) then it must have been one hell of a photo shoot to convince a child to lay down or sleep in the arms of their father's corpse.