Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider says torn ACL. Surgery this week

Did they say if it was the one he tore in ROH or the other one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
While Evie and Nixon Newell touched down in Florida yesterday. Isabel Lahela got cold feet at the eleventh hour. She chose not leave her family (what a loser right?) and powerlifting career behind.

https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/8696920831786188

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
I like the premise of this "You People" promo

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Opening promo by noted SON OF A BITCH Ciampa.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

More lovely NXT buttrock

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

I forgot that there was a PPV on Sunday

gently caress that loving 2sweet bullshit

Shawn Cotureier fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 1, 2017

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

As expected, Burch-Dunne is stiff as hell. Good match though.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

If he says "Game, blouses", I will become a fan of the Velveteen Dream

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
I'm watching behind but this Ciampa promo is really drat good.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Almas losing makes way more sense storyline wise, especially after him trying to suplex the guy who's just way fuckin bigger than him. Once again, way better than the spoilers made it out to be. Especially with him not giving a poo poo after the loss.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

spongeh posted:

Almas losing makes way more sense storyline wise, especially after him trying to suplex the guy who's just way fuckin bigger than him. Once again, way better than the spoilers made it out to be. Especially with him not giving a poo poo after the loss.
This is unfortunately a gimmick that is kind of a kiss of death in regards to how the promoter feels about you.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ciampa's, ah.

Makin' some good points.

I'm sorry I replaced you with Dawson, buddy, but you coulda just thrown ME into that screen. :(

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm glad No Way Jose is back.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That AoP video was so good

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I like the new NXT theme. It reminds me of thorn in your eye.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Like don't get me wrong the song sucks, but it sucks in a good way.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The_Rob posted:

Like don't get me wrong the song sucks, but it sucks in a good way.

As a player of Sonic the Hedgehog games, I am completely aware what you mean.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Has Danny Burch been brought back into NXT or is he part of the UK show or he still a southeastern freelancer

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That was a real good NXT, and I'm happy to see No Way Jose again.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
I'm happy we're getting close to HHH's true vision of NXT. All the foreigners are heels or turning heels and a boring white guy is the main champ.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
I really feel for Ciampa, the guys gone right at the start of the hottest program in NXT for a long time. I hope he comes back soon as an absolute monster.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

spongeh posted:

If they're gonna do this angle he needs to lose a few times, but this is an angle that will kill him if it stretches out. It needs to be done over like 3-4 shows, then Thea recruits him and he's a motivated killer.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

Has Danny Burch been brought back into NXT or is he part of the UK show or he still a southeastern freelancer

Freelancing as far as I know. He may have a U.K. Deal though.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

I really feel for Ciampa, the guys gone right at the start of the hottest program in NXT for a long time. I hope he comes back soon as an absolute monster.

I did like the promo- made good sense for his motivations. Only problem was it was a little too much like a standard turn- he's the psycho killer, could possibly have said he never pretended to be a good guy.

Oh and with him describing himself both as a 'young kid' and 32 years old, it's kind of awful how little of NXT are in their 20s.

Velveteen Dream: 21
Akam and Razar: 24 & 22
Andrade Almas: 27
Heavy Machinery: Tucker 26, Otis 25
Angelo Dawkins: 26
Johnny Gargano: 29
No Way Jose: 28
Blake and Murphy: 29 and 28
Sawyer Fulton: 27

Meanwhile:

Bobby Roode: 40
Tommy End: 32
Alexander Wolfe: 30
Drew McIntyre: 32
Eric Young: 37
Hideo Itami: 36
Kassius Ohno: 37
Killian Dane: 32
TM61: Miller 31, Thorne 31
Oney Lorcan: 31
Roderick Strong: 33
Tommaso Ciampa: 32

So for men that's 12 in their 20s, 12 in their 30s, and 1 guy who's 40. Not the best job of building for the future. For the women, the only one in her 30s is Asuka, all of the other women are in their 20s.

Some people say NXT is a throwback promotion in a lot of ways, and by having the oldest man and woman on their rosters be the undefeated champions, they're certainly doing that!

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 1, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

yes, end the tyranny of the 30 somethings

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Willninho posted:

I'm happy we're getting close to HHH's true vision of NXT. All the foreigners are heels or turning heels and a boring white guy is the main champ.

Isn't the champ also a foreigner? :confused:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I mean, you still have commentators referring to AJ Styles as "that young man" and he turns 40 tomorrow.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i declare that they will be fine sending guys up to the main roster at 32-40 so long as they take my suggestion to not stop doing it when they have enough Future. that's the part you gotta watch out for. you will need more future later on

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/870418601014112256

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
At the Orlando nxt house show to cap my trip to Orlando this year. WWE house shows are always awesome so hopefully this lives up.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/870960231479615488

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Norwegian Rudo why does my word have to be taken with a pinch of salt? Please explain.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think Stardom will PROBABLY be okay, even with Hojo/Shirai leaving. Hojo, Kris Wolf, and ACT all popped up out of nowhere and got over in about a year once they were given a decent spotlight and they've still got so much young talent that they can shape up.

I can't help but imagine a brighter time line where Riho went to Stardom instead of Thailand to do apartment wrestling though. She's an 11 year vet at 19 but none of that matters when you're wrestling on a crash pad in front of 12 people against bad wrestlers.

That being said I feel like Hojo's ceiling will probably be like Sammi Zayn or Bayley and made to look irrelevant through multiple losses because she gets over as a babyface and isn't Vince's idea of "hot". Shirai will probably go way over Asuka in terms of personality and skill though and even if it adds another 8 months to Asuka's reign as champion I want to see Shirai as the one to take it off her.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm actually surprised NXT hasn't poached Kris Wolf, but I suppose that's animal cruelty.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Dias posted:

I'm actually surprised NXT hasn't poached Kris Wolf, but I suppose that's animal cruelty.

Well.....

Everyone you could think of has been explored by talent relations or had bios written about them by WWE.com.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Wolf is kind of old as far as WWE women go, and she's still pretty fresh so by the time she were to make it to RAW or Smackdown, she would probably be pushing 35/36 which is right around the age they start to retire (With recent exceptions like Asuka or Mickie James)

Wolf has a LOT of charisma and energy though, she would make a great commentator for their women's show if they decided to stick her in NXT for a while and transition her over. She's got a really smooth voice and had her on youtube travel channel. She's also just a total sweetheart and I hope she can get a comfy job doing what she wants, anywhere she wants to be.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

rovert posted:

Norwegian Rudo why does my word have to be taken with a pinch of salt? Please explain.

You have been known to exaggerate your insider knowledge. There are reasons you are banned from DVDVR, Observer board etc..

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so we're clear this is one of the few times where rovert brought this upon himself so he should get the probation this time around. thanks oatgan, and :gas:

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Super No Vacancy posted:

thanks oatgan,

who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is there somewhere I can watch more Pete Dunne matches? Never really heard of him till that NXT Takeover show but gently caress he was good.

• Locked thread