Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Son of the bitchass potus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm having a hard time seeing how many waivers Obama issued, if any.

Three, based on The Hill's statement of, "The number of waivers granted is more than five times the number issued in the first four months of former President Barack Obama's administration."

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Anime is just on tv now, there is no child that watches television that does not watch anime at this point.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/870077441401905152

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/870083798981111808

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/870234811616677889

Good morning.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Part of me wants to send this kid a copy of Yotsuba vol 1.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm having a hard time seeing how many waivers Obama issued, if any.

During Obama's 8 years, a total of 16 for White House officials, and 70 across the entire government.

quote:

In most instances, the officials who received waivers under Mr. Obama argued that the overlap between their government jobs and their previous private-sector work was minor, or that allowing it was in the public interest.

For example, the three waivers issued in the first months of the Obama administration — including one given to Valerie Jarrett, who served as senior adviser to the president — each involved staff members who previously worked for nonprofit groups but who joined the administration working in related policy areas.

Among them was like Jocelyn Frye, who was the director of policy and projects in Michelle Obama’s office of the first lady. Ms. Frye, who had previously served as general counsel at the nonprofit National Partnership for Women Families, worked on similar issues with Ms. Obama.

In an executive order signed in late January establishing his own ethics rules for his political appointees, Mr. Trump adopted, word for word, much of the language in Mr. Obama’s ethics rules, with one important exception: He dropped the broad ban on hiring just-departed lobbyists.

The waivers show that Mr. Trump is also instituting the ethics rules in a very different way. He is allowing former industry lobbyists who worked for for-profit concerns to, in some cases, take up the same topics they had handled in the private sector.

Robert Weissman, president of the liberal nonprofit group Public Citizen, said he believed the waivers issued by Mr. Trump’s White House undermined the purpose of the ethics rules. The rules were written to prevent the government from becoming a revolving door, where industry players can come in and help their former paying clients, he said.

“They are circumventing what they touted as their signature ethics achievement,” Mr. Weissman said. “It’s utterly at odds with candidate Trump’s ‘drain the swamp’ rhetoric and it suggests that the Trump executive order is not worth the paper it is written on.”

Bubbacub fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 1, 2017

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Bubbacub posted:

During Obama's 8 years, a total of 16 for White House officials, and 70 across the entire government.

And I'm guessing each and every one of them were given a special report on Fox about "horrifying corruption in the government"

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Oh drat, looks like Donald Trump reads night Trump thread every morning before tweeting. Explains a lot, I guess.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

MAGA

Guess the state

North Carolina

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

MAGA

Guess the state

North Carolina

Man, all I can hope is that all of this is eventually leading up to the legalization of the Purge.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Medullah posted:

Man, all I can hope is that all of this is eventually leading up to the legalization of the Purge.
In the event of a purge, we're even more screwed--who do you think has all the guns?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Good morning! Nigel Farage is person of interest in FBI investigation into Trump and russia

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I guess UKIP stood for USSR Kin Is Patron

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

In the event of a purge, we're even more screwed--who do you think has all the guns?

* straps on 10 rifles *

That'll show em!

* trips over piles of magazines and faceplants into heap of papa johns pizza boxes , now pinned under rambo-like armament and drowning in cosmoline and gun oil *

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I wonder if that will stop the BBC from licking his taint constantly (it won't).

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

MAGA

Guess the state

North Carolina

Race city USA :911:

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
And now Nigel loving Farage is labeled a "person of interest" by the FBI in the Trump/Russia investigation.

Link

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

How goddamn funny would it be if the FBI just unearths conclusive proof of Russian involvement with not only Trump's victory, but Brexit too.

I mean, we all know it happened, but an official investigation blowing the doors right off it would be pretty sweet (and ultimately meaningless but hey).

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Majorian posted:

Oh yeah, my wife keeps mentioning that place. I'm not sure why, I think she wants something from there.:downs:

Breakfast. Duh.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
His weird reaction to the journalist asking about Russian money and Assange makes a lot more sense if he's been playing matchmaker.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Solkanar512 posted:

And now Nigel loving Farage is labeled a "person of interest" by the FBI in the Trump/Russia investigation.

Link

That is awesome :D

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Josh Lyman posted:

Is there any army on earth that has their soldiers using more than like 2 guns? Having like 10 guns doesn't seem like it makes anyone really that much more effective.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Is there any army on earth that has their soldiers using more than like 2 guns? Having like 10 guns doesn't seem like it makes anyone really that much more effective.

Do you count the guys with a rocket launcher our under barrel weapons?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

No idea what Tanya Evil is but the others are legit

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

TheKingofSprings posted:

An atheist Japanese salaryman, in the moment of being murdered, is confronted by a self-righteous entity he refers to as "Being X" who condemns the man for not believing that "Being X" is God and sentences him to be reborn in a world that is similar to WWI Europe mixed with early aspects of World War II and magic, in an empire torn apart by countless wars with all nearby countries. The salaryman is reborn as a girl, Tanya Degurechaff. According to "Being X", if she's not able to die a natural death, or she refuses to have faith in Him, her soul will leave the circle and be sent to hell for the countless sins that Tanya has committed in her previous life. In search for an escape, Tanya decides to enter into the Empire's Mages Division and fight in the world war, hoping to reach a high enough rank as fast as possible to remain far from the battlefield and in this way avoid the risk of being killed. Even if she's now forced to speak with a young girl's lisp, Tanya soon turns into a ruthless soldier who prioritizes efficiency and her own career over anything else, even the lives of those beneath her, especially those that get on her bad side.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

TheKingofSprings posted:

God gets pissed off at an impious, sociopathic businessman and reincarnates him as a girl in an alternate WWI-era earth where magic is a thing. Said girl uses her knowledge of history to kick rear end for the aggressors.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

An atheist Japanese salaryman, in the moment of being murdered, is confronted by a self-righteous entity he refers to as "Being X" who condemns the man for not believing that "Being X" is God and sentences him to be reborn in a world that is similar to WWI Europe mixed with early aspects of World War II and magic, in an empire torn apart by countless wars with all nearby countries. The salaryman is reborn as a girl, Tanya Degurechaff. According to "Being X", if she's not able to die a natural death, or she refuses to have faith in Him, her soul will leave the circle and be sent to hell for the countless sins that Tanya has committed in her previous life. In search for an escape, Tanya decides to enter into the Empire's Mages Division and fight in the world war, hoping to reach a high enough rank as fast as possible to remain far from the battlefield and in this way avoid the risk of being killed. Even if she's now forced to speak with a young girl's lisp, Tanya soon turns into a ruthless soldier who prioritizes efficiency and her own career over anything else, even the lives of those beneath her, especially those that get on her bad side.

I remember it being okay.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Isn't Food Wars basically hentai dressed up as a cooking show?

Seems like a pretty loving weird thing for an 11 year old to be watching.

On further inspection, it definitely is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1pP9GdvGv8

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lote posted:

More like:

Pictured: President Chelsea Clinton, Vice President Michael Moore, First Son William Jefferson Clinton II, and Ambassador Obama Osama Bin Laden in 2021 in the Oval Office

gently caress, I'd vote for Chelsea Clinton and Michael Moore if we got Amanda Waller as a cabinet secretary. And I'm not even American.

God, that loving comic. It was a hilarious trainwreck in its day, and time has been decreasingly kind to it as the years roll on.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

twice burned ice posted:

On further inspection, it definitely is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1pP9GdvGv8

what the gently caress japan

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Omg anime is the loving worst.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

twice burned ice posted:

Because it is not a real account, some roleplaying weeb is running it

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Gozinbulx posted:

Like it is bad but not Sessions bad ok?

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

twice burned ice posted:

:wtc:

That is some weird poo poo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Remember after Obama was elected and and suddenly there were like 50 versions of anime Obama out there because people were so happy America elected a cool smart president who people liked? :smith:

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Remember after Obama was elected and and suddenly there were like 50 versions of anime Obama out there because people were so happy America elected a cool smart president who people liked? :smith:

I hope anime trump lives up to real trump

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Gozinbulx posted:

Actually it's good

Anime is to Bernie as sports are to Trump

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Lote posted:

More like:

Pictured: President Chelsea Clinton, Vice President Michael Moore, First Son William Jefferson Clinton II, and Ambassador Obama Osama Bin Laden in 2021 in the Oval Office

I'd vote for Gabe Newell.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
If Marvel had any goddamn balls or sense they would use Trump as the evil posterchild of their current Worst Timeline Nazi fracas instead of Captain America. It doesn't even have to be Trump or a "totally not Trump (but is)", just make MODOK orange and give him blonde hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Too bad one of the big guys at Marvel comics is a huge Trump supporter and has donated a ton of money.

• Locked thread