Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Hey everyone, we need to build a wall.

Maybe make it out of arrow towers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Kylra posted:

*walks up and loots all arrows out of all towers without being targeted.*

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Some questions about this game's current state to those who have suffered through beta:

1. How bad is the grind to become PVP competitive?
2. Can you roam around the world with a gank squad ganking people?
3. I run the fairly large UO goon guild(dont laugh too hard) -- what are the sizes of the largest guilds playing albion?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Did they change medium armor so there was actually a point to using it? Like a year plus ago all it did was add +CC time (Think it was broken anyway and didn't work) you did less damage than light and had far less defense than heavy.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

FormerFatty posted:

Some questions about this game's current state to those who have suffered through beta:

1. How bad is the grind to become PVP competitive?
2. Can you roam around the world with a gank squad ganking people?
3. I run the fairly large UO goon guild(dont laugh too hard) -- what are the sizes of the largest guilds playing albion?

Your not hardcore enough for this game..

1) grind isn't that bad to get skills. Keeping yourself in the best gear requires paying chinamen or you having savvy enough social skills to delude people into doing this for you for free.
2) yes obviously full loot pvp.
3) 300 man I think maybe its up to 500 now. Alliances of like 4k currently in game. Guild size means nothing and alliance size inst capped so its infinite.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

BadLlama posted:

Did they change medium armor so there was actually a point to using it? Like a year plus ago all it did was add +CC time (Think it was broken anyway and didn't work) you did less damage than light and had far less defense than heavy.

default gvg superstar spec is plate helm, leather chest, and plate boots, unless your daggers, then its leather boots. Leather is the happy medium.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
everyone i talk to say roaming this game in the open world for fights sucks rear end and makes the open world feel dead as gently caress

where the hell is the pvp? I have no interest in doing STRUCTURED 5V5s in the form of hellgates or gvg, i want natural, open world pvp.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Kylra posted:

my favorite part about this known exploiters from that game are in this game as well doing exploits as well, but SI doesn't really seem to care and instead relies on them for advice (but not advice on how to fix exploits because lol they gun exploit once game launches)

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

everyone i talk to say roaming this game in the open world for fights sucks rear end and makes the open world feel dead as gently caress

where the hell is the pvp? I have no interest in doing STRUCTURED 5V5s in the form of hellgates or gvg, i want natural, open world pvp.

there's plenty of open world pvp tbqh

the challenge is finding solo players or groups of appropriate size for own group

with a group of 5-10 even in current super depopulated mode i reckon you can find almost non-stop open world pvp

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

forge posted:

Your not hardcore enough for this game..

1) grind isn't that bad to get skills. Keeping yourself in the best gear requires paying chinamen or you having savvy enough social skills to delude people into doing this for you for free.
2) yes obviously full loot pvp.
3) 300 man I think maybe its up to 500 now. Alliances of like 4k currently in game. Guild size means nothing and alliance size inst capped so its infinite.

"pvp competitive" doesn't even remotely require keeping yourself in the best gear unless you plan to be a gvg/hellgate superstar

it's not at all difficult to keep yourself well geared for open world pvp if you play 10-20 hours a week

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Hail thee and well met,

* runs greasy fingers through greasier dorito crusted beard *

I am Gluttony of SDS, the fat human being that leads the Ultima Online goon guild(sad) and led the Darkfall goon guild(even sadder) and have decided that our guild will be moving to Albion as it seems it has a really high potential for pubbie tears. We are more than willing to setup as the de fagto goon guild for Albion since it looks like that need still arises. For those of you who didnt 'corp por' in UO or rigor party in darkfall with us, we are pretty chill group that follows typical goon philosophy -- we realize we're all newbs and the only way we can win is if we band together and gank the gently caress out of people who have egos over PVP.

It looks like the game has lost of bit of interest since it probably sucked hard for those who bought it 2 years ago when no one knew any better and king trump was not in power. However we expect there to be a good bit of interest now when the game launches july 17th so any goons who want to play and want to be slightly organized so we can more effectively kill people, take their loot, and troll them into rage are welcome to join.

If people are on board with this idea, we will start posting links to websites, discords, and AIM screen names so we can all get on the same page.

p.s.

If I am chosen to help lead goons to the glory land I will mutilate my genitals live on twitch.tv after the first week of launch.

p.p.s.

This is my actual pic if you need proof of my e-cred:

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

FormerFatty posted:

Hail thee and well met,

* runs greasy fingers through greasier dorito crusted beard *

I am Gluttony of SDS, the fat human being that leads the Ultima Online goon guild(sad) and led the Darkfall goon guild(even sadder) and have decided that our guild will be moving to Albion as it seems it has a really high potential for pubbie tears. We are more than willing to setup as the de fagto goon guild for Albion since it looks like that need still arises. For those of you who didnt 'corp por' in UO or rigor party in darkfall with us, we are pretty chill group that follows typical goon philosophy -- we realize we're all newbs and the only way we can win is if we band together and gank the gently caress out of people who have egos over PVP.

It looks like the game has lost of bit of interest since it probably sucked hard for those who bought it 2 years ago when no one knew any better and king trump was not in power. However we expect there to be a good bit of interest now when the game launches july 17th so any goons who want to play and want to be slightly organized so we can more effectively kill people, take their loot, and troll them into rage are welcome to join.

If people are on board with this idea, we will start posting links to websites, discords, and AIM screen names so we can all get on the same page.

p.s.

If I am chosen to help lead goons to the glory land I will mutilate my genitals live on twitch.tv after the first week of launch.

p.p.s.

This is my actual pic if you need proof of my e-cred:

Having been through a few wars with Gluttony, will definitely be jumping in on this.

We have a large group of players who will be joining us from previous guilds as well. Should be a great turnout.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

When is this lovely game supposed to be done with beta? July 11th or something?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

How's the economy stuff in this game? I'm one of those crazy people who liked logistics and construction in Eve Online.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

BadLlama posted:

Bwahahaha

futile
May 18, 2009
Remember that time goons allied with mostly harmless?

You guys should do it again and relive the glory days

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Key word was 'supposed'

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Didnt the DFGoons implode in some hilarious and petty drama early in the games launch? I remember the thread being full of drama at that point.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

CoffeeBooze posted:

Didnt the DFGoons implode in some hilarious and petty drama early in the games launch? I remember the thread being full of drama at that point.

We won World War I and lost World War II but moreso because we werent good enough at hacking/finding the dupes as fast as the Mercs were. We had pretty low drama for a guild that size(same with the UO group) but definitely have a troll atmosphere mixed in with being organized enough to be able to poo poo on people(or at least not get poo poo on ourselves).

Nitrousoxide posted:

How's the economy stuff in this game? I'm one of those crazy people who liked logistics and construction in Eve Online.

From the looks of it, pretty awesome. I'd defer more to the others who have put in months(years?? lol) into the beta but from what Ive seen so far and can tell from youtube, everything in the economy is player crafted. Theres also an auction house and I imagine manipulating that on a large scale as a guild/alliance could be done if thats what youre into -- nerdy poo poo like that can have a huge impact on who wins and who loses in e-peen wars.

BadLlama posted:

July 17th... so we have pretty much 1 month to come up with a good launch day strategy like quick start tutorial for noobs and a plan on territory if people are interested in that fgtry.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Its like its pre-trammel 1999 in this thread.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
hey man, you're kinda stepping on the toes of the existing goon infrastructure here

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
As long as both goon factions partner with Mostly Harmless, I'm sure they'll both succeed.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Is Wicked in AO as well? A triumverate of goons, MH and Wicked will no doubt dominate the game for years to come based on past experiences. Ho ho ho.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i'm good with goon wallets, someone give me access and i'll secure it for us

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ill probably play this dumb poo poo a little

send me a discord invite or whatever

its going to be bad though

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
How could it be bad with eonwe involved??

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Charles Bukowski posted:

Its a cry for help. Eonwe, do you need someone to talk to?? :ohdear:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Bukowski posted:

if anything it makes the game worse

futile
May 18, 2009
Can we throw in a Brazilian alliance as well? It's time for goons to grow as people, and live up to the glorious Brazilian code of honor this time.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I feel like every 30 pages of the AO thread I see a formerfatty introduction post. It gets followed by some stuff about greatness and inevitably the letters U and O. My suggestion for you is to I don't know play the game a bit before you decide your going to create some goon guild ignoring like 200+ goons who've tried the game over the past 2 years. Also an alliance with mostly harmless is a pro tip. I highly suggest this.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

forge posted:

I feel like every 30 pages of the AO thread I see a formerfatty introduction post. It gets followed by some stuff about greatness and inevitably the letters U and O. My suggestion for you is to I don't know play the game a bit before you decide your going to create some goon guild ignoring like 200+ goons who've tried the game over the past 2 years. Also an alliance with mostly harmless is a pro tip. I highly suggest this.

No disrespect meant -- it didnt seem like anyone had anything planned for launch and the thread had gone pretty cold. Of course we welcome working with all goons and goon guilds(if there are any) for the greater goon good, gosh.

All the goons who have played the past 2+ years of beta are instrumental in sharing their knowledge of the game so that we can all be successful -- no doubt we will not be able to learn in 1 month what some have learned in 2 years. We also have several members in the guild who hit 8.2 in the during the beta helping advise us on how not to suck so bad come july 17th.

We just want to have fun and rep the goon name well as it should be done in any full loot/pvp sandbox mmo.

futile posted:

Can we throw in a Brazilian alliance as well? It's time for goons to grow as people, and live up to the glorious Brazilian code of honor this time.

If youre serious, we already have like 5 or so HUEHUEHUE's on board from UO that could help bc who the gently caress knows portugese.

eonwe posted:

ill probably play this dumb poo poo a little

send me a discord invite or whatever

its going to be bad though

oh no doubt it will be bad:

https://discord.gg/WDVNxpr

Once added, just message GluttonySDS on there to get authd up.

Loco179
May 18, 2008
We already have 20 plus playing! Come on and play with an established group. We are UO players looking to do what Goons do.

Also we love feet pics!

Snaxxor
Jan 18, 2005

cool giraffe with
cool sunglasses
Recently I joined UOF and without looking for them, Glut/FormerFatty saw me and right away got me situated and assimilated the way goons do. Right away I was inducted into getting rich and getting rewards from the corpses of my enimies. TBQH this forum is dead and I havent kept up much on here other than for FPS games and Buying/Selling.

The group Glutt has formed on UO is a balance of dedicated PvPers and PvMers. We have people who do back end technical stuff running our mumble/discord/webservices. We already have a solid group of 20+ active players who switched over to this game and show dedication in getting through at least the first year with us. No one is saying we are swooping in and making GBS threads on anyone here, but it sounds like we need some kind of unity and goon unity is the best unity.

I know going forward into launch I will be flying under the EQMS banner, long assosciated with these forums, from UO and into Albion online for the greater goon. Anyone willing to join our goon affiliated group is more than welcome, and if there is another major organized quasi-goon presence lettuce know too and we can get the alliance forged day one.

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Still on the fence about this game. Seems to be heavily zerg focused and I'm not sure if the whole thing will pan out. Can this game really survive?

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Loco179 posted:

We already have 20 plus playing! Come on and play with an established group. We are UO players looking to do what Goons do.

Also we love feet pics!

Whats your guild name in AO?

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
What does EQMS stand for?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Snaxxor posted:

TBQH this forum is dead

Im sory for yuor loss.

e: im thinkin bout thos' ebolts

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Breidr posted:

Still on the fence about this game. Seems to be heavily zerg focused and I'm not sure if the whole thing will pan out. Can this game really survive?

this one time they tried to make it anti zerg by making huge aoe scaling spells based on numbers hit

except zergs just used these spells in great numbers so it was a zerg multiplier, a zergiplier if you will

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Turd Herder posted:

What does EQMS stand for?

Earthquake Meteorstrike. 2 spells from Ultima Online. I had to give up UOF a while back, it just couldnt keep my attention. Started in 2000, man it was an amazing game at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

forge posted:

Whats your guild name in AO?

Currently EQMS -- though we could potentially switch it to Awful Company (name of goon darkfall guild) if we think it will help us out e-politically.

FireWhizzle posted:

Im sory for yuor loss.

e: im thinkin bout thos' ebolts

All Day I Dream About Corp Por

• Locked thread