Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Given the lack of a Wii U thread anymore, figured I might get some help here. My gamepad'a gyro just intermittently stops working. Like, in BotW, I'll be aiming an arrow and it'll work for a few seconds and then link will just freeze in place and stop aiming, and then the next time I go to shoot, it'll work again for a few seconds.

There's no real rhyme or reason to it, sometimes it work fine for ages, sometimes I can't get it to work at all.

Any DIY repair tips? Or do i need to send it in for service?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Lmao

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Holy gently caress guys Dead Cells is amazing and needs to be on switch right loving now

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Indivisible is Switch bound! :siren:

- Devs behind Skull Girls
- Music by Hiroki Kikuta (Composer for Secret of Mana)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZJf1iTkgx4

this is the first thing i've heard about that since its kickstarter-or-whatever. is it a turn-based rpg or something?

edit: on the topic of the switch online voice chat thing, that doesn't look too complicated, i guess. Annoying that I'd have to be closer to the switch if I wanted both game audio and VC audio, but I'll deal with it.

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 1, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

this is the first thing i've heard about that since its kickstarter-or-whatever. is it a turn-based rpg or something?

It's Valkyrie Profile made by a fighting game team.

And then they took the dungeons from VP and turned them into something more resembling a metroidvania thing.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

Sorta, it's like Valkyrie Profile's combat.

Norns posted:

Holy gently caress guys Dead Cells is amazing and needs to be on switch right loving now
That game needs to be portable.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
The thing about dropping legacy ports and connectors from your new hardware is that you should do that when said ports and adapters are actually obsolete and not in near universal use.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

Yah it's turn based. It's valkyrie profile style combat paired with 2d platforming, it's really good

There's a demo on the ps4 and probably on steam and Xbox, I recommend giving it a try

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

The Black Stones posted:

Yeah, because having to plug in one more device to charge for an hour a week is going to deter people that own iPhones, iPads, other tablets, wireless controllers, drones, and the billion other devices that need to be recharged these days.

Nope, totally right. Headphones, that's where people will draw the line.

Or if you use your headphones often, like say to listen to audiobooks, you are not getting a week out of a charge. Maybe 8 hours, so you have to charge daily.

No thanks, I'll keep my wired headphones until self charging wireless exist.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Phantasium posted:

It's Valkyrie Profile made by a fighting game team.

And then they took the dungeons from VP and turned them into something more resembling a metroidvania thing.

Golden Goat posted:

Sorta, it's like Valkyrie Profile's combat.

That game needs to be portable.

I don't know what that game is

quick edit: but I am going to look it up

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Only game I see myself missing from WiiU is Captain Toad. That was a great time waster.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

Better off just trying the Indivisible demo then and seeing how combat works.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Or if you use your headphones often, like say to listen to audiobooks, you are not getting a week out of a charge. Maybe 8 hours, so you have to charge daily.

No thanks, I'll keep my wired headphones until self charging wireless exist.

Ah yes, change the argument from "people don't want to charge headphones" to "well it doesn't work ideally in the very specific situation that i have" and that totally shows how wrong I was.

Then just continue to use wired headphones because they literally just give you an adapter to continue using wired headphones. You can still do that, they didn't go like "gently caress using 3.5mm forever!" And make wired headphones blow up when you connect them to a phone. Get used to it because more companies are probably gonna do that in the future. It's just like how a majority of laptops don't use disk drives anymore and you have to buy an external one if you still have CD/DVD's.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I would have preferred that they put Bluetooth in the base somehow. Subtly promoting being docked and wired to internet for competitive games would have been a good move, but that is the effect of he current situation to some extent as well.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
charging...your headphones? the gently caress dystopian future do we live in

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

After I saw that girl have her apple headphones explode in her ear

NOPE

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Just buy the thing you like jesus christ. Why does everything have to turn into some console war bullshit. I like wireless headphones, if you like wired headphones cool, you don't need to defend yourself. Goddamn.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I just wanted to talk about exploding ear buds calm down

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Wait do the new bad headphones explode?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tender Bender posted:

Just buy the thing you like jesus christ. Why does everything have to turn into some console war bullshit. I like wireless headphones, if you like wired headphones cool, you don't need to defend yourself. Goddamn.

no really this is the first i've heard of wireless headphones. I need to gets with the times.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

Caught fire in her ears on a flight. She probably used the wrong charger or some poo poo. But still!

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Golden Goat posted:

Anything with a lithium-ion battery can explode. The switch is a portable bomb.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Norns posted:

Caught fire in her ears on a flight. She probably used the wrong charger or some poo poo. But still!

what if it was just a badly made set of headphones? electronics explode and catch fire regularly these days

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Golden Goat posted:

Well they're probably using lithium ion batteries which means that if the wiring is faulty or something causes a short yeah they could explode or catch fire

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Norns posted:

Thank god Nintendo are avoiding this dangerous new fad of flammable headphones with their simple elegant design of connecting your headset to an adapter that splits the connection between the switch and you phone that needs an app for voice chat.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i used the wrong usb c cable and battery which caused them and my switch to explode. just part of the game nowadays

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Black Stones posted:

They replaced the 3.5mm jack with a second speaker so the audio from the phone directly when playing a video/audio is louder.

There is no speaker in that location, the additional speaker grill goes nowhere.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/17/new-iphone-doesnt-actually-have-a-speaker-behind-the-speaker-grille-6133482/

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Blazing Zero posted:

what if it was just a badly made set of headphones? electronics explode and catch fire regularly these days
Samsung employee spotted.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
This might sound crazy but I kinda like the idea of using my phone for voice chat instead. 3rd party apps for voice chat on pc have been the default for a while now and it's really nice to be able to communicate with your group when a disconnect in game occurs. Sound quality is usually a lot better too and I always have volume balance issues whenever I've used built in chat on consoles. Also the one time I tried using my Bluetooth headphones with my PS4 my controller inputs started lagging.

That being said they really should've at least had the option for on console voice chat.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i really enjoyed Wonderboy: The Dragon's Rap except for the boss fights. whoo boy, the boss fights are bad. what the gently caress was that final boss, too?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah speaker grills are just like men nipples

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

spit on my clit posted:

Indivisible is the most I've ever heard people talk about Valkyrie Profile unfortunately.

36 turns until the end of the world.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 30 minutes!

spit on my clit posted:

i really enjoyed Wonderboy: The Dragon's Rap except for the boss fights. whoo boy, the boss fights are bad. what the gently caress was that final boss, too?

They have exploitable patterns like any other boss. They aren't particularly good but aren't particularly bad either.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
The music for Indivisible is real good, guys:

https://youtu.be/LiD3m-nxJA0

https://youtu.be/_CL5C94uAxQ

https://youtu.be/BwvkYP-ejCs

Very Secret of Mana-esque.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

well why not posted:

lmao it's almost sold units as many as the Vita.

I'm pretty sure the Vita has sold close to 15 Million units worldwide so I have no idea where you got that idea. Unless you meant this year? Then probably

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Infinitum posted:

I could gush forever about the Switch

But the lack of bluetooth support and the weird chat-app via phones decision is just.. weird and dumb.

Hoping Switch 2.0, if it gets another iteration, fixes this nonsense.
Cause that is seriously awkward as gently caress.

It wont. Theres no hardware reason the switch doesnt support voicechat natively. They want it to have to use a phone. they did this on purpose, not as a regrettable last resort but as a first choice.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

No 3.5mm annoys me because I don't own BT headphones, don't want to, and every other silly thing i own has them so I'm already in harmony with everything works with everything.

Plus like someone else said we're acting like this is a PC getting rid of a serial/keyboard/mouse/etc port. I mean gently caress VGA hung on in the video card space forever and it didn't seem like until last year cards flat out didn't have that as an option anymore. Also Apple bad

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Can't say I can blame Nintendo - a company that prides itself on its family-friendly image - for wanting to limit the chance some 8 year old is called a "loving human being" because he didn't get on the capture point fast enough in Splatoon 2. :thunk:

poo poo that's a selling feature for me.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 30 minutes!

Real hurthling! posted:

It wont. Theres no hardware reason the switch doesnt support voicechat natively. They want it to have to use a phone. they did this on purpose, not as a regrettable last resort but as a first choice.

The could be CPU, interference, or power draw issues. Only Koizumi knows for sure, and he's not talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Can't say I can blame Nintendo - a company that prides itself on its family-friendly image - for wanting to limit the chance some 8 year old is called a "loving human being" because he didn't get on the capture point fast enough in Splatoon 2. :thunk:

poo poo that's a selling feature for me.

We're finally going to be able to recreate this comic in real life

• Locked thread