Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Joey Freshwater posted:

Speaking of the Bucs first few seasons, I thought I'd share this. I have it hanging on the wall in my office. The St Pete times created this after the Super Bowl - it's every game the Bucs ever played from their first ever up to the SB, with the Lombardi trophy outlined:

Close up:

I did timg because I'm phone posting and have no idea how big these are

That's pretty cool, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

iospace posted:

That's pretty cool, actually.

The kind of homerism you can really sink your teeth into. I respect this. Goddamn right you won that Superbowl, and the Day 1 fans have real gloating rights.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Intruder posted:

I need to find a Texans fan who does this

He's actually a really cool commodity to have in Chiefs fandom/twitter/whatever. Fans actually appreciated the work he did in articles and clips so much, that they started a gofundme and sent him and his wife to the playoff game last January*

*shut up

Summerall and Madden were the best ever.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 1, 2017

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Chromatic posted:

Summerall and Madden were the best ever.

Madden spent a significant amount of time discussing how to pick out the guilty party on an encroachment penalty in the most Madden way possible :allears:

(It's the guy who hits himself in the head afterwards)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Speaking of the Bucs first few seasons, I thought I'd share this. I have it hanging on the wall in my office. The St Pete times created this after the Super Bowl - it's every game the Bucs ever played from their first ever up to the SB, with the Lombardi trophy outlined:

Close up:

I did timg because I'm phone posting and have no idea how big these are

I was at Bucs v Panthers in Charlotte that year.

Two of the top five defenses in the league, in the mud and rain.

Randy Fasani v Brad Johnson

Warren Sapp caught a 10 yard pass

http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=221027029

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only thing I remember about that season is how unprepared Oakland looked in the Super Bowl.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

whiteyfats posted:

Only thing I remember about that season is how unprepared Oakland looked in the Super Bowl.
A combination of Barret Robbins going AWOL the night before and Bill Callahan using Gruden's playbook from the previous season.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

:toot:
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/870260063793012736
Cant imagine it's much. They were likely releasing him after running him with 3rd teamers in OTAs.
e: lol
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/870263633812615168

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jun 1, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Wish the panthers had done that

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Diva Cupcake posted:

:toot:
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/870260063793012736
Cant imagine it's much. They were likely releasing him after running him with 3rd teamers in OTAs.
e: lol
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/870263633812615168

:laffo: trade our lovely 1st rounder for our old lovely third rounder.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--I love these type of trades, everyone should trade their busts around the league

Eli Wiggum posted:

A combination of Barret Robbins going AWOL the night before and Bill Callahan using Gruden's playbook from the previous season.

The Barret Robbins thing is loving crazy and anyone who doesn't know about it should look it up.

I mean I guess the tldr part of things is Barret Robbins is crazy, but the way things went down is pretty fascinating.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Kalli posted:

I'm going to presume Wes ain't making it in for a long long time if ever.

It'd be pretty dumb if he sniffed it before TO.

evilweasel posted:

I think Edelman coming in and being Welker 2.0 virtually immediately has made a lot people sort of forget about Welker (much like Welker himself) and/or sort of assume that he was a system receiver. I don't think he'll ever make it in but I think he might have a few votes without Edelman.

I think Wes might make it in eventually. He was the engine that kept three of the four highest-scoring offenses in league history on the field and a two-time all-pro. Plus, dynasty teams tend to end up with a lot of HOF inductees and I don't know who from the Pats outside of Brady/Moss/Wilfork/probably gronk is a lock. I don't think it'll happen while he's on the ballot, mind, but the veterans committee may eventually be generous to him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Does walker deserve it more than steve smith?

That's my overly personal criteria.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Steve Smith pretty easily had a better career then Wes Welker.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Yeah Steve Smith was definitely way better

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
in other ex-Panther NFL related news

Chris James 2 posted:

TNA Mumbai taping part 2

Moose's Slammiversary partner is NFL player DeAngelo Williams. Eli Drake and Chris Adonis attack Moose because DeAngelo isn't here to help

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Let me add my OWN team-centric perspective and say that if Andre Reed's induction spawned a new genre of never-ending hand wringing, there is no way in gently caress Wes Welker should ever sniff the HOF.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Wes Welker shouldn't even sniff the hall but he'll get in because he was a fan favorite scrappy guy who played for Boston. Boston fans will still somehow find a way to complain that everyone is out to get them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Lost Season posted:

I think Wes might make it in eventually. He was the engine that kept three of the four highest-scoring offenses in league history on the field and a two-time all-pro. Plus, dynasty teams tend to end up with a lot of HOF inductees and I don't know who from the Pats outside of Brady/Moss/Wilfork/probably gronk is a lock. I don't think it'll happen while he's on the ballot, mind, but the veterans committee may eventually be generous to him.

Welker himself says he's in the hall of pretty good, according to some radio interview I heard a while back. He came off a lot more likeable than I expected him to.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Welker himself says he's in the hall of pretty good, according to some radio interview I heard a while back. He came off a lot more likeable than I expected him to.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

I was at Bucs v Panthers in Charlotte that year.

Two of the top five defenses in the league, in the mud and rain.

Randy Fasani v Brad Johnson

Warren Sapp caught a 10 yard pass

http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=221027029

Gramattica was so clutch. Week 17 we played the bears and beat them 15 - 0 on 5 field goals.

and that catch still wasn't as awesome as the TD he caught the next year against the Falcons and invented twerking:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If Wes gets in, so should Jimmy Smith. :colbert:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Put it another way: with how much the Hall voters love ringz, there is no way a guy who lost three Super Bowls is getting in.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

a neat cape posted:

Sure. Just not ahead of TO

Well yeah, I assumed that was a given

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

whiteyfats posted:

If Wes gets in, so should Jimmy Smith. :colbert:
Jimmy Smith should get in either way :colbert:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I got curious what guys from that super bowl team were doing now and found out that Keenan McCardell is the WR coach for the Jags. Neat.

In 2013 Joe Jurevicius was on a couple episodes of a TV show called North American Hunter where he was chasing moose and spot and stalked a bear. I dunno what that means but it sounds awesome

Did you guys know John Lynch is the GM of the 49ers now? Neat huh

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I got curious what guys from that super bowl team were doing now and found out that Keenan McCardell is the WR coach for the Jags. Neat.

In 2013 Joe Jurevicius was on a couple episodes of a TV show called North American Hunter where he was chasing moose and spot and stalked a bear. I dunno what that means but it sounds awesome

Joe Jurevicius stalks Bears. Jon Lynch rapes Bears.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Put it another way: with how much the Hall voters love ringz, there is no way a guy who lost three Super Bowls is getting in.

Yeah, on that basis I'd expect Edelman to get in over Welker. Not that I expect Edelman to get in either.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

troofs posted:

Wes Welker shouldn't even sniff the hall but he'll get in because he was a fan favorite scrappy guy who played for Boston. Boston fans will still somehow find a way to complain that everyone is out to get them.

Those types of Pats fans poo poo on Welker for "losing" 2 Super Bowls and love Edelman way more.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Jimmy Smith should get in either way :colbert:

He should, but he isn't. :smithcloud:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joey Freshwater posted:

Keenan has some pretty decent years with the Jags.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

evilweasel posted:

Yeah, on that basis I'd expect Edelman to get in over Welker. Not that I expect Edelman to get in either.

Edelman is way less likely then Welker. Like, he hasn't even cracked 5k career receiving yards yet, and has only cracked 1000 twice.... Huh, I didn't realize he's never been a pro bowler either? I guess that's not that surprising, but I thought he was the returner once or twice.

He had like a 4 year span to start his career where he was the scrappy dude who just returned punts and caught passes when Welker concussed himself which people forget about. He wasn't really a weapon until he was 27 in 2013.

Edelman's actually outproduced him in the playoffs though, and played more playoff games (15 vs 13). Huh, I would not have guessed that either

Oh here's something cute, career playoff reception leaders:

151 Rice
93 Reggie Wayne
89 Edelman
88 Welker, Hines Ward
87 Irvin
85 Andre Reed
76 Thurman Thomas
73 Cliff Branch
70 Anquan Boldin, Fred Biletnikoff

Rice is not double... but kinda close then the 2nd place guy on receptions yards and TD's then anyone else in the playoffs (not that this should shock anybody).

Kalli fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 1, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Edelman can run better routes than Welker though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's jerry time

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

whiteyfats posted:

Keenan has some pretty decent years with the Jags.

Keenan was the best WR Rivers ever had until Keenan Allen

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

a neat cape posted:

You forgetting VJax?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a neat cape posted:

Yeah, KM was pretty drat decent for a while, but in that under the radar way.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Diqnol posted:

You forgetting VJax?

gently caress, I didn't realize they only played one year together

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 1, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diqnol posted:

You forgetting VJax?

Studied evaluation of the SA2K's ways leads me to believe this is a joke about Keenans being hurt a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Views...
https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/870334630251175936

• Locked thread