Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

let's take a second to appreciate smoke prince ibusaki though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
A whole lot of things about Isshiki make sense now.

Patware posted:

let's take a second to appreciate swole prince ibusaki though

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

god what does he look like under that turtleneck

he's got that black desert online body

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Virtually everyone that's not old or Isami Aldini looks like a Greek god so I'm going to go with like a Greek god

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Isshiki's special ingredient is youth. Bright, shiny, sweaty, youth.

His dish looks and sounds super tasty and way more interesting than the soba dishes, I wanna eat it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the mangastream's out and a lot of its translations are way better and more clear, but [ISSHIKI WAS WATCHING--!] will always beat [ISSHIKI WITNESSES SOMETHING]

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Just read the mangastream version. I feel like I'd switch around some translations, there's some word choice I prefer from the first link.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Isshiki is like the biggest loving bro ever. Dude loving loves that dorm and everyone vaguely associated with it. Like, Nikumi doesn't even sort of live there.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I wish I could get a blown-up version of Orochi Isshiki, without the text.

Also, when are Nikumi and the Aldinis and Mimisaka and freaking everybody going to just move into Polar Star already?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I wish I could get a blown-up version of Orochi Isshiki, without the text.

Also, when are Nikumi and the Aldinis and Mimisaka and freaking everybody going to just move into Polar Star already?

where do they actually live? has it ever been mentioned?

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
Aldinis have an apartment i think, Nikumi's been shown being driven around in a limo so her folks probably live in the same city, Mimisaka's family is loaded so he probably has an apartment. I'd guess most of them have something like that.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Froggycleric posted:

Aldinis have an apartment i think, Nikumi's been shown being driven around in a limo so her folks probably live in the same city, Mimisaka's family is loaded so he probably has an apartment. I'd guess most of them have something like that.

Tootsuki is full of rich kids that have set-ups like that, living in the dorms is actually pretty unusual.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Soma is just going to name his cooking specialty as "Shokugeki" and then just run a diner where he challenges the guest chefs he invites.

where the red fern gropes posted:

where do they actually live? has it ever been mentioned?

Most of them have posh apartments. Some of them have actual mansions, like Erina and Hishoko because their families' primary business concern is running Totsuki.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i want a My Hero Academia-style sequence where everyone visits everyone's rooms/houses to talk poo poo

not enough manga goes that extra layer of 'how does this person function on a day where the main character is in bed with a cold', i wanna meet more dads and moms, i wanna see more lovely rooms

what does vegeta read when he's on the toilet. what's vegeta's bathroom sitch.

Patware fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 27, 2017

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Just realized if the anime ever gets to this point a lot of Sakurai fans are gonna need a moment as they vince_mcmahon.gif

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

TheKingofSprings posted:

Virtually everyone that's not old or Isami Aldini looks like a Greek god so I'm going to go with like a Greek god

*cough*Nakiri Senzaemon*cough*

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

*cough*Nakiri Senzaemon*cough*

I didn't say bring old disqualified you

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Interesting that a place where everyone has to eat their own food to taste is has no fat people and everyone has six pack abs even though we've seen like one person working out ever.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

tbh most Actual Chefs that I've encountered are really healthy, fit people. Everyone being toned and ripped is a stretch, but there not being too many big eater boys isn't as much of a stretch as it seems like it should be

source: cousin is a Culinary Institute of America graduate, I've met a lot of people through him

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dunno about culinary students, but chefs burn a lot of calories working. add in teenage metabolisms and it isn't terribly strange compared to every other detail of the setting.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Not everyone is a super fit person anyway, most of them seem to be fairly normal healthy weight teens. A couple seem pretty fit, like Naked Apron, but most don't. There's even fat people who are named characters.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Patware posted:

i want a My Hero Academia-style sequence where everyone visits everyone's rooms/houses to talk poo poo

not enough manga goes that extra layer of 'how does this person function on a day where the main character is in bed with a cold', i wanna meet more dads and moms, i wanna see more lovely rooms

what does vegeta read when he's on the toilet. what's vegeta's bathroom sitch.

Vegeta lifts while he is on the toilet.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Vegeta lifts the toilet, while he is on the toilet.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i dunno about culinary students, but chefs burn a lot of calories working. add in teenage metabolisms and it isn't terribly strange compared to every other detail of the setting.

In the chef thread in GWS one of the jokes is that the only reason a professional chef would be overweight/fat is because of all the booze they consume to stay functionally sane.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

"hmm we could show off either of these new characters... or we could not do that"

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Patware posted:

"hmm we could show off either of these new characters... or we could not do that"

Does this manga really need more characters?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
It needs more Alice

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Link

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Kuga is about to be enormously chumped

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kuga, Megishima and Mimasaka

Lmao all of these dudes besides maybe Mimasaka are gonna get chumped.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

Off the top of my head:
  • There's 10 Polar Star Dorm people
  • The elite 10
  • There's at least 10 recurring students neither polar star nor elite 10
  • All the alumni, senpais and teachers
  • Sponsors, connoisseurs and what-have-you
Yeah, I think we're fine.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It needs more Alice
It needs more MAD DOG KUROKIBA :black101:

Alice being dumb + cute is an acceptable reward, too. :blush:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dexo posted:

Kuga, Megishima and Mimasaka

Lmao all of these dudes besides maybe Mimasaka are gonna get chumped.

I dunno if Megishima will get in on the second round, but I definitely expect to see Kuga and Mimasaka go up to bat against Tsukasa and two others. Maybe Rindou against Mimasaka and idk about the last one.

I also expect a full rout against the Rebels.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

if they're gonna put 'em in the tournament arc i want more than literally loving nothing

you know that you can put some details on a character that'll never really show up again, right

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I just hope somebody calls Food Hitler on him being a giant pussy or something to lose his cool, a-la Aizen when Urahara and Ichigo finally get the drop on him.

NO, SAIBA-SENPAI! THAT'S THE CUISINE OF A LOSER! > :qq:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i cant believe they skipped a fight

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I like that Kuga is making a most likely doomed push for best non-Alice character this chapter.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I want Subaru to compete cause I find copycat characters interesting.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
what i think is going to happen is the next three people are gonna get chumped. what i want to have happen is for the next three contestants to just clown on the elite ten, followed by Souma's dad just clowning on Azami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it seems very obvious that the elite ten will sweep the next round. at most, they might lose once if erina participates.