Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've been re-reading the last Cable series on Marvel Unlimited since a new one was dropping. I love that series.

Cable #1 (2008)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Teen Titans (2017) Annual #1

What Priest thinks modern young people sound like is the funny part.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

What the gently caress is that? "Check check"?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

And now for my Nickelback medley

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

IUG posted:

What the gently caress is that? "Check check"?

It really confused me too, but I think it is supposed to be 'J.J.', given they're referring to the new Star Trek movies.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Teenage Fansub posted:

He's your grandpa basically (on the right)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ashcans posted:

It really confused me too, but I think it is supposed to be 'J.J.', given they're referring to the new Star Trek movies.

Yeah that is just not a good font at all

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

TwoPair posted:

Yeah that is just not a good font at all

It fits the writing at least.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Decius posted:

He's your grandpa basically (on the right)

No. That's Christopher Priest the British horror writer (the guy who did The Prestige). This is Christopher Priest the American comics writer. There's a slight but noticeable difference ...

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Selachian posted:

No. That's Christopher Priest the British horror writer (the guy who did The Prestige). This is Christopher Priest the American comics writer. There's a slight but noticeable difference ...

Man, I thought for years they are one and the same :aaaaa: . Learn something new every day. On the other hand this makes his "youth dialogues" less endearing and more baffling.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Is the idea is that the HIVE agents are just terrible at pretending to be millennials, and Deathstroke's kid is too stupid to realize that they're all trying way too hard to be Fellow Youths?

Because I really like the idea of Deathstroke's kid being clueless to the point where he's just like "yeah, these guys check out."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I have liked Priest's stuff so much that I want to believe that's intentionally bad in the service of some joke I don't know about. :pray:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Selachian posted:

One is hatless.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Teen Titans (2017) Annual #1

Big Bang Theory: the comic book came out?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Unmature posted:

Big Bang Theory: the comic book came out?

Hey. It almost seems like satire when you imagine the laugh track. I take it back.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Man, I really hate that inverted weiner cross guard on Deathstroke's sword.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is the idea is that the HIVE agents are just terrible at pretending to be millennials, and Deathstroke's kid is too stupid to realize that they're all trying way too hard to be Fellow Youths?

Because I really like the idea of Deathstroke's kid being clueless to the point where he's just like "yeah, these guys check out."

Yeah, it's pretty much exactly that. Grant almost being too dumb to function is practically a running joke in "The Lazarus Contract."

Slade ends up stealing Kid Flash's powers and going back in time to try and save Grant's life. By the time we as readers catch up to them in the last issue, Slade has had to try to do it three times, because every time he's tried, Grant is too dumb and stubborn to listen to him.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"Look, if you have a clumsy child, you make him wear a helmet. If you have death-prone children, you keep borrowing time-travel powers to protect them."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Wanderer posted:

Yeah, it's pretty much exactly that. Grant almost being too dumb to function is practically a running joke in "The Lazarus Contract."

Slade ends up stealing Kid Flash's powers and going back in time to try and save Grant's life. By the time we as readers catch up to them in the last issue, Slade has had to try to do it three times, because every time he's tried, Grant is too dumb and stubborn to listen to him.

You know at some point you have to wonder why Slade just doesn't go back in time to the night Grant was conceived and gives his younger self a condom saying "trust me, the kid's not worth the effort."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Wonder Woman Annual: Wonder Woman has just revealed herself to the world so naturally ol' paranoid Batman's on a stakeout to make sure she's not a threat.

World's Greatest Detective

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Please don't troll Batman, he is a sensitive boy.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I am inordinately disappointed he's not wearing a desert camo batsuit.

Come on, Bats, your camo index won't get above 30% if you clash like that and aren't lying flat.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

CharlestheHammer posted:

Please don't troll Batman, he is a sensitive boy.

Come on, what'll he do? Run to his mom and cry into her skirts?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Keeshhound posted:

I am inordinately disappointed he's not wearing a desert camo batsuit.

Come on, Bats, your camo index won't get above 30% if you clash like that and aren't lying flat.

Batman is too used to the sneaking suit making hold-ups easier. He just can't perform without it anymore.

Serioustalk though, I figure at LEAST he could make his mask and cape octo-camo so he can have his broody brand recognition suit alongside the desert poncho look.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Or maybe he had enough foresight to realize that camo isn't worth the effort when primary-colored tights-wearing Superman will be insisting on standing within five feet of you anyway.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Slashrat posted:

Or maybe he had enough foresight to realize that camo isn't worth the effort when primary-colored tights-wearing Superman will be insisting on standing within five feet of you anyway.

But then they'll think "it's just Superman, I've got some kryptonite, it's fi-"

I loving loved it when they pulled that stunt on Brave and the Bold.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's really Anafranil, and it's more like 3%.

Don't ask how I know that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Keeshhound posted:

But then they'll think "it's just Superman, I've got some kryptonite, it's fi-"

I loving loved it when they pulled that stunt on Brave and the Bold.

Elucidate

Also I figure most people would pretend to not see Superman on account of a one sided rear end kicking

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Calaveron posted:

Elucidate

Also I figure most people would pretend to not see Superman on account of a one sided rear end kicking

Spoilers in the title, unfortunately.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Obligatory

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Now I'm imagining a superhero team that all wears the same face-concealing costume so that people THINK they're one omnipotent being, but they all have just one power each, Ten Brothers style. Or, just adapt the folk legend as a modern superhero story, I guess.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Might as well make it 3

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

holy poo poo, Dana Snyder as Plastic Man is an excellent idea

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm just glad Green Arrow didn't lose his powers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Selachian posted:

If I had the same name as another even mildly famous person in my general field I would give up immediately and rename myself.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Priest only took the Deahtstroke series after they assured him that it was the same Deathstroke as ever and they hadn't made him a black guy.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

If I had the same name as another even mildly famous person in my general field I would give up immediately and rename myself.

His original name was Jim Owsley. He legally changed it to Priest for reasons he's never explained, though he is an actual ordained priest.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
huh. that's actually true.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
His middle name was Christopher, he's a priest. No idea why he changed his name from Jim Owsley, but whatever reason he had that's a pretty easy jump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Why should I change? He's the one who sucks!"