Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lizard Wizard posted:

I installed Ordinator recently and, uh, wow. Am I supposed to use this with something that gives out more perk points or what?

Yeah, 2 a level or 2 every second level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

I installed Ordinator recently and, uh, wow. Am I supposed to use this with something that gives out more perk points or what?

I'm using a mod that lets you turn dragon souls into skill points.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I really like some of the perk trees in Ordinator, but some are just freaking weird. Also there are a disturbing amount of low-proc rate perks (a 4% chance to use your currently equipped shout/ability when you hit with a two handed weapon?). Also lots of stuff that looks good on paper, but turns out to be kind of dumb (anything to do with tripwires in the stealth tree, half of the Illusion tree, etc.)

Still a pretty good perk mod, and I really have to decide between SPERG or it on a given playthrough. I wasn't too fond of SkyRe or PerMa.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've run into some sort of catastrophic error trying to get my mods set up. LOOT and the Mod Manager don't show any warnings, but once the game actually starts it starts me in the wagon despite running Live Another Life, and the screen is basically just freaking out completely. Is it a scripting issue? A video card problem? Both? I have SKSE installed.

Disregard this, it was an ini issue.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

More like FAQsAreUseless, amirite?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

More like FAQsAreUseless, amirite?
It's even dumber than that: I accidentally placed the SKSE ini in the wrong folder. :downs:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Agents are GO! posted:

Mator Smash is not ready for primetime, but wrye bash isn't either. Make a tes5edit merged patch.

I've been using mator's mod merge program instead of tes5edit to merge patches and I like it so far. Have you tried it?

Although - I'm probably using it for different reasons than a tes5edit merged patch; I'm just collapsing groups of mods into single ESPs to make my load order less of an impossible hellscape. Stuff like environment mods into one merge, texture/mesh mods into another, all the basic building blocks I put in every MO profile. I'd rather have to check "All aMidianBorn Stuff Merged" in MO instead of 16 different checkboxes, that kind of thing.

it will also, eventually, let me pretend I don't have hundreds and hundreds of mods installed! :v:

Kiggles posted:

This is true, but for anyone checking it out, be aware that the quest, while interesting, is super tedious with a ton of back and forth through fairly tough respawning NPCs

Yeah, it's got some long walks, but I think it's definitely worth looking into. I didn't have trouble with the enemies like you did but there is a lot of wandering around. I imagine if the NPCs were super tough for me I would've been more frustrated too. In some cases I just sprinted past because why bother knocking them down when you can just go by and exit to a different cell where they won't follow? Useful when exiting back up to the surface, for example.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 31, 2017

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Psion posted:

I've been using mator's mod merge program instead of tes5edit to merge patches and I like it so far. Have you tried it?

Although - I'm probably using it for different reasons than a tes5edit merged patch; I'm just collapsing groups of mods into single ESPs to make my load order less of an impossible hellscape. Stuff like environment mods into one merge, texture/mesh mods into another, all the basic building blocks I put in every MO profile. I'd rather have to check "All aMidianBorn Stuff Merged" in MO instead of 16 different checkboxes, that kind of thing.

This sounds really good. Less poo poo to reorder would be nice: Jaxson's Utilities Minus The One I Don't Want, Cloaks of Skyrim plus Winter Is Coming plus CoS compatibility patch into one, etc. Haven't played in months, but when I do I'll check this out, thanks!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Psion posted:

it will also, eventually, let me pretend I don't have hundreds and hundreds of mods installed! :v:

This sounds like you're talking about merging plugins, which is different from making "a merged patch." Mator's standalone plugin-merging program is fine but Mator Smash is a whole different thing.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah, I think you're right. Getting confused between merged plugins and bash/smash/merged patches. but apparently merge plugins used to be a tes5edit script so maybe that's why I was. :confused:

like I get the difference, in theory, just toooooooooo many tools

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Yeah it's deffo confusing terminology, not helped by "merge plugins" originally having been a TES5Edit script, and "merged patch" being a separate TES5Edit function. To clarify (eta: for anyone else reading and wondering wtf), Mator Smash is a program that makes something similar in function to a "merged patch," which is basically an attempt to automatically resolve non-conflicting overrides.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Saw some interesting news on the Skyrim subreddit about ENBboost potentially unlocking the 4+ GB VRam limit for DX9.

Might be some time but this could be huge boon to modding if so.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

it already does, on any OS other than windows 10.

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

Agents are GO! posted:

it already does, on any OS other than windows 10.
This is a new development for Windows 10 that will, supposedly, be applied through an official update sometime in the near future. If it happens, I won't need to concern myself with waiting indefinitely for SKSE64.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hey GunnerJ lets spice up the thread by having a bitter feud between Oldrim and SE users.

Fucken Oldies ruining the thread.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

lol if you're waiting for SKSE64 when original recipe SKSE is already out!!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yeah but SKSE64 is going to be for an engine that doesnt poo poo itself if ten NPCs are acting at once. Checkmate Oldie. :smuggo:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

You only need one waifu, Agents :colbert:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LOL If you only have one Waifu. :smuggo:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I consider the inability to make a virtual harem of a million copies of Viljna or whoever without the game crashing to be a prudent limitation on man's hubris and depravity tbh.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Psion posted:

You only need one waifu, Agents :colbert:

I know we like to joke and kid around, have fun and relax as friends but cmon, one ????

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Agents are GO! posted:

Yeah but SKSE64 is going to be for an engine that doesnt poo poo itself if ten NPCs are acting at once. Checkmate Oldie. :smuggo:

And also it's never going to come out, and at this point Skywind's own script extender probably needs to be the default, if SKSE64's problem really is 'we embezzled our toolkits from work' like Silverlock implied it was when they refused all help despite their key people being missing for three months.

But the Skyrim modding community will probably shout down all comers and desperately embrace Silverlock until the community destroys itself, because hugbox.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

dont be mean to me posted:

And also it's never going to come out, and at this point Skywind's own script extender probably needs to be the default, if SKSE64's problem really is 'we embezzled our toolkits from work' like Silverlock implied it was when they refused all help despite their key people being missing for three months.

To break Kayfabe for a minute but what?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Agents are GO! posted:

To break Kayfabe for a minute but what?

Uh yeah I'm also gonna need to request details because that sounds like some primo modding bullshit

e; also I just installed SSE for the first time and I'm wondering if there's any good mod lists floating around out there like BTB's for Morrowind, because I'm utterly at sea regarding what has been updated and what has not, as well as what new things might exist that original didn't have.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 1, 2017

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

There should be a good mod list or at least an indicator of that in the OP, but... I've failed you all... :negative:

Burns
May 10, 2008

On the topic of Skywind, I havent heard or seen anything about it in months. Do they ever intend on getting a playable version out in this century?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

basalt posted:

This is a new development for Windows 10 that will, supposedly, be applied through an official update sometime in the near future. If it happens, I won't need to concern myself with waiting indefinitely for SKSE64.

And of course, odds are Boris won't update the ENB for New Vegas, so I still won't be able to play that game with the texture mods turned on.

I'm not bitter. I'm not bitter at all.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Kerning Chameleon posted:

And of course, odds are Boris won't update the ENB for New Vegas, so I still won't be able to play that game with the texture mods turned on.

I'm not bitter. I'm not bitter at all.

It's a DirectX/Windows level fix not an ENB specifc fix. One of the DirectX devs themself posted on Reddit about it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Burns posted:

On the topic of Skywind, I havent heard or seen anything about it in months. Do they ever intend on getting a playable version out in this century?

The only way I follow them is on youtube, and every so often they'll post a new video talking about how things continue to progress. They're looking for VAs because loving lol they're actually going to try to voice everyone in morrowind.

At this point the videos they post are starting to look a little dated. Just like that half life mod, it's been going on so long that the technology they're using is going to be pretty old by the time they actually finish it, if they ever do.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BurritoJustice posted:

It's a DirectX/Windows level fix not an ENB specifc fix. One of the DirectX devs themself posted on Reddit about it.

:psyduck: But... all this time I thought that was an intentional change, to stop malware or whatever Microsoft was crowing about. You're telling me, no, it actually was a bug all this time! and it just took them THIS long to address it?

This is good news, and yet I'm more pissed off about this situation than ever!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

My interpretation of it was that it was taking advantage of an unintended feature of that particular implementation of DirectX 9, in other words, not something that was meant to work (or not work) it just did, and when microsoft did DirectX 9 for Windows 10, they didn't include it because it wasn't intentional in the first place.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

BurritoJustice posted:

Got a link? Because uh... I don't really believe you. :v:

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Got a link? Because uh... I don't really believe you. :v:
It may not be what you were hoping for, but this appears to be the relevant source.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
If this fix does make it to Windows 10 then that's another blow to the inertia behind SSE and SKSE. In the sense of 'why wait' and that whole outlook washing over the rest of the community. ~oh well~

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Lol if you think RAM is the reason to use SSE (well, pretending SKSE worked).

I've always wondered why the script extender stuff isn't open sourced, hilarious if they're stealing from their own jobs.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Crow posted:

I've always wondered why the script extender stuff isn't open sourced, hilarious if they're stealing from their own jobs.

The script extender is open source, at least the 7z archive version has the source. It does not help for making a 64 bit version due to things, by necessity, being hardcoded to the latest version of the oldrim exe.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Mr. Crow posted:

SSE is far and away the best version of Skyrim, no doubt. But people are finicky and biased and this is just one more thing to make the push for more people to use SSE weaker. And yeah, SKSE is open source but that means dick-all with how the 'social permissions' work within the modding scene of Skyrim. Even if the SKSE team gave full-permissions to other people who then released it people would draw up biases anyway and talk about how the 'original was better'

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

LOL If you only have one Waifu. :smuggo:

Too many waifus can ruin your laifu.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

delta534 posted:

The script extender is open source, at least the 7z archive version has the source. It does not help for making a 64 bit version due to things, by necessity, being hardcoded to the latest version of the oldrim exe.

It's not open source. The source code is just there for viewing, so someone who knows what they're doing can see exactly what the SKSE does, and to help people making plugins.

quote:

* Can I modify and release my own version of SKSE based on the included source code?
- No; the suggested method for extending SKSE is to write a plugin. If this does not meet your needs, please email the contact addresses listed below.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

its not actually licenced from what I can see, that's basically a "please don't" and not a "we'll sue"

come on russians I believe in you