Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

the mean lunch lady posted:

Remember Kardashians ruin everything they touch, so warriors in 5

This is a real thing, his teammates even believe in it. I'm worried about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Also maybe from an overall perspective Curry is better than Kyrie, but the latter ate the former's lunch in the Finals last year and it owned so hard.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Curry and Durant are probably a wash on offense and KD has a pretty significant edge on defense

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

morestuff posted:

Curry and Durant are probably a wash on offense and KD has a pretty significant edge on defense

Not after that injury. Klay's been taking the main perimeter assignments when there's one. Hayward was torching Durant until they put Klay on him.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I'm very thankful that basketball continues tonight. This thread takes some strange turns when we're robbed of our essence

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Cool Buff Man posted:

What? Look at literally every single advanced stat available

Hakeem

Robinson

Robinson put up more winshares in over 200 fewer games, had a much higher ts%, ws/48, slightly higher block %, TRB %, ast%, and whatever you'd like except for steals. Is that enough for you?
Looks like Hakeem is a little bit better at defense and Robinson is way better on offense based on advanced stats, so I see what you're saying.

But I'm not totally sure where that big offensive edge comes from. Career points per 100 Hakeem is at 30.3, with a five season peak of 34.3 @ .521 eFG; Robinson career 31.3 with a five season peak of 36.6 @ .517 eFG. That seems basically equivalent to me and Hakeem had a moderately longer career with 6000 more points and 3000 more rebounds.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Noctone posted:

Also maybe from an overall perspective Curry is better than Kyrie, but the latter ate the former's lunch in the Finals last year and it owned so hard.

in '15 Curry had a real solid finals and Kyrie couldn't even play so I think Curry still has the edge in "Finals Head-to-Head".

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Noctone posted:

Just like when Jason Terry owned Lebron's lunch, that's why Jason Terry is better than Lebron

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Dejan Bimble posted:

Which Golden State or Cleveland Cavaliers player would you most enjoy having a beer with. The caveat is that their entire entourage has to be there too, so with Lebron you get 100 handlers and security guards.

Not even a question, gotta be Kyle Korver so he can impart some sweet JNCO knowledge.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Fast Luck posted:

Looks like Hakeem is a little bit better at defense and Robinson is way better on offense based on advanced stats, so I see what you're saying.

But I'm not totally sure where that big offensive edge comes from. Career points per 100 Hakeem is at 30.3, with a five season peak of 34.3 @ .521 eFG; Robinson career 31.3 with a five season peak of 36.6 @ .517 eFG. That seems basically equivalent to me and Hakeem had a moderately longer career with 6000 more points and 3000 more rebounds.

To be clear, I think it's probably mostly a wash, I was just trying to show that it's not outlandish to think Robinson was better. It's also not outlandish to think that Hakeem was better due to their matchups

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Lockback posted:

in '15 Curry had a real solid finals and Kyrie couldn't even play so I think Curry still has the edge in "Finals Head-to-Head".

Not after that 3

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Curry is an insanely excellent player (and I'd argue still the most important to GS even with Durant) and no matter how much I love Kyrie and his God-tier handles he is not on the same level.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Basically I want the Finals to go down exactly as they did last year except this time the Chaos Dunk happens.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
How many people actually think the Finals are going to be competitive, and how many of us are just trying to fight off the sinking feeling that the Warriors will cruise to a title

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

What? Look at literally every single advanced stat available

handy BBRef Link for Player Comparison between the two:
http://www.basketball-reference.com...a01&idx=players

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

TBeats posted:

if you watch the 95 finals do you get the impression that David Robinson is better?
That's a single 6 game series, and it wasn't like Robinson had a nightmare series. They played 2300 other games combined in their careers. If we just leave these rankings to a single series than they're going to get weird in a hurry.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
to me, the "could have scored 70 whenever he wanted" aspect kinda pushes Robinson to the top, to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24NLqvKER1c

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

xbilkis posted:

How many people actually think the Finals are going to be competitive, and how many of us are just trying to fight off the sinking feeling that the Warriors will cruise to a title

In 2015 the Cavs were a new team and Love and Kyrie were injured and the Cavs still pushed it to 6 and even had a 2-1 lead. Even with Durant, the Cavs would have to have major problems to allow the Warriors to cruise.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Noctone posted:

Basically I want the Finals to go down exactly as they did last year except this time the Chaos Dunk happens.

The Chaos Dunk will happen but the Warriors won't lose up 3-1

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ammanas posted:

the Warriors won't lose up 3-1

:thunk:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I hope the Warriors are losing 3-1, Durant goes down, and they win the series.

The bad news is they'll still re-sign Durant.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

EvanTH posted:

to me, the "could have scored 70 whenever he wanted" aspect kinda pushes Robinson to the top, to me

whoa clutch Leprechaun In Mobile reference, subtle and well done

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

xbilkis posted:

I think it CAN be competitive, trouble is going to come if Lebron has to guard KD full-time or almost full-time because it will wear him out that he won't be able to dominate as much on offense. Shump can try to guard him and I hope that happens, but if Lebron is only like 5% better than KD we don't have the talent elsewhere to make up for the other Warriors stars.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Tae posted:

I hope the Warriors are winning 3-1, Durant stays healthy, and they lose the series.

Too many 3-1 jokes to even begin to comprehend.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

well yea theyre gonna re-sign durant. dude loves it here, and who wouldn't after being stranded in okc shithole

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19509826/kevin-durant-willing-take-less-max-keep-golden-state-warriors-core-intact

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

EvanTH posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24NLqvKER1c

For me, I give Hakeem an edge for carrying that 94 team full of not much to a championship. Overall, I am more comfortable putting them both together as insane centers in an era of insane centers and calling them the same tier.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kibner tell yo boy Austin to stay in his lane
https://twitter.com/undisputed/status/869956201966034945

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUxuUxxAx5_/

quote:

“I’m in Hawaii minding my own business, and I look over on Undisupted and I see old punk-rear end Austin Rivers talking poo poo. C’mon man. Yeah I might’ve been overweight, a little bit. Probably late for one or two practices. C’mon man. Don’t know the plays? C’mon bruh, you’re lying now, bruh. Now you’re loving lying. C’mon now, man. Now that’s a loving lie.

Second of all, your father gave you your money. How can you—like, don’t say poo poo to me. Your father gave you your money. You ain’t work for it, motherfucker. Type of poo poo—I was there. I seen you at practice. You didn’t give a gently caress, thinking you all that wearing them tight rear end pants and you know, your father gave you all that money, so you can go wear those tight-rear end pants, but keep your loving mouth closed, man. Shut up, man. You’re a loving bum who’s been given the world. Shut up, and just stay under your father.”

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Tae posted:

I hope the Warriors are losing 3-1, Durant goes down, and they win the series.

The bad news is they'll still re-sign Durant.

Speaking of which, reportedly he's going to take less than the max so they can keep Iggy and Livingston.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I hope KD pulls he same poo poo he did in the 2012 Finals and decides he's gotta step up and take on the challenge of guarding LeBron and ends up spending the majority of every game with like 5 fouls again

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hahah beautiful

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

them tight-rear end pants

davis sounds a lil thirsty 2 me

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Look, was I overweight? Yeah. Did I show up late to practice? Of course. But not knowing the plays? I knew the plays. If ever there was a moment that it seemed like I might not know the play, I was probably distracted by the impeccably tailored pants Austin Rivers was wearing, hugging every contour in his lower body in just the right way. Don't say I don't know the play when you know I was just staring at the painted on pants you were wearing.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

xbilkis posted:

Look, was I overweight? Yeah. Did I show up late to practice? Of course. But not knowing the plays? I knew the plays. If ever there was a moment that it seemed like I might not know the play, I was probably distracted by the impeccably tailored pants Austin Rivers was wearing, hugging every contour in his lower body in just the right way. Don't say I don't know the play when you know I was just staring at the painted on pants you were wearing.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Lockback posted:

For me, I give Hakeem an edge for carrying that 94 team full of not much to a championship. Overall, I am more comfortable putting them both together as insane centers in an era of insane centers and calling them the same tier.

Oh I agree. If you asked me who I'd pick first to be my team's center I don't think I could answer it easily, I just think the "scored 71 because he wanted to that night" is one of those top-tier Sports Legends, not quite up there with Wilt leading the league in assists one year just because he wanted to

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Weird that he only wanted to score 70 one night out of his thousand or so games played.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

We're finally here. 1-1, the trilogy settles it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlLK2VhCitw

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Paperback Writer posted:

We're finally here. 1-1, the trilogy settles it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlLK2VhCitw

Don't worry, we'll get a gritty reboot next year

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
if the warriors were real men they would let the cavs go up 3-0 to try to upstage last year's comeback

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

milk milk lemonade posted:

Curry is an insanely excellent player (and I'd argue still the most important to GS even with Durant) and no matter how much I love Kyrie and his God-tier handles he is not on the same level.

curry is a distant third behind draymond in importance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

RCarr posted:

Weird that he only wanted to score 70 one night out of his thousand or so games played.

Well, yeah? That's a big part of the whole story, it was only one night where he focused on winning the scoring title instead of winning the game. It was highly or perhaps even seminally Spursian

• Locked thread