Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

th3t00t posted:

How many bedrooms did Tony Soprano's house have? 4? Imagine a house twice that size in suburban NJ. It's a mansion.

Tony Soprano was just a lowly sanitation worker, though.

It makes sense that someone upper-middle class would have a larger house.

In most areas outside of major cities, if your # of bedrooms is in the single digits you're working class or lower-middle class.

If your # of bedroom is in the double digits, then you are generally middle class or wealthy depending or how high into the double-digits you get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Harrow posted:

You might take one of them with you, if you're lucky, but probably not. You're not John McClane.

This is what 99% of "You need to defend yourself" gun nuts are imagining.

Guns aren't a defense, they don't block bullets, deflect bullets, make you invisible to other gun owners, or give you a better chance of surviving being shot.

All a gun let's you do is try to take someone with you.

If you're worried about random gun violence, invest in a drat bullet resistant vest or over clothing. Costs about as much as a gun and doesn't come with ammo, maintenance, and training costs.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Can't wait for Trump to be bound with the entrails of Eric. Or Kushner.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Ugh, you guys, my self-described libertarian Intro to American Government professor just said there's absolutely zero chance of a constitutional convention ever happening, so it's all good! Don't worry!

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Taerkar posted:

Establish a cover story of being a right wing group and they'll stop monitoring you.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Bird in a Blender posted:

You want Parents Against Gun Violence

They post it on their facebook page at least. https://www.facebook.com/ParentsAgainstGunViolence/

I knew about this thing, but as soon as I got to the hallway one I started laughing "ah, this is a parody of the usual ones", the ones in first person who died sealed the deal. Then I got to the disclaimer at the bottom.

Jesus wept. Get your poo poo together America.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

In most areas outside of major cities, if your # of bedrooms is in the single digits you're working class or lower-middle class.

If your # of bedroom is in the double digits, then you are generally middle class or wealthy depending or how high into the double-digits you get.

my house has 97 bedrooms and only two beds how wealthy am i

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you're having bed problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 bedrooms and a bed in one

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

If you're having bed problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 bedrooms and a bed in one

Isn't that... bed problems, if you have 99 but only one bed? Sounds like you're short almost 98 beds. Bud get a hold of your problem. Buy beds.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

In what world does having a ten bedroom house make you middle class.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

remember in most states, bedrooms have to have a closet and a window so the additional basement dungeon rooms probably don't count

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sloober posted:

Isn't that... bed problems, if you have 99 but only one bed? Sounds like you're short almost 98 beds. Bud get a hold of your problem. Buy beds.

You should change your sheets once a week. Imagine if you had 99 beds.

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

a news thing needs to happen to stop bedchat

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You should change your sheets once a week. Imagine if you had 99 beds.

Then your third-world sex slave would handle it.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

Um I'm not rich i am a HENRY. I can barely afford this 10br house with the cost of private school and the dock fees on my boat

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
do you have any idea how much a GOOD summer camp costs? $700 a week!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You aint got no jobs? He'll get you some.
(You must be loving joking.)

You'll see him on Twitter, a million loving tweets.

People were asking earlier and someone uploaded it from the Saturday concert. Honestly before Cave made a dig I was trying to fit it in in my head too. (The audio takes a poo poo and dies about 3:40 so watch that).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrKV_WSfrug

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

Um I'm not rich i am a HENRY. I can barely afford this 10br house with the cost of private school and the dock fees on my boat

Guillotine!!!

Also, who could have guessed that Trump would exploit those families who lost loved ones to criminals who happened to be undocumented immigrants, and then not actually help them at all? Who, I ask you? Who could POSSIBLY have predicted this?

quote:

More than a dozen families involved in the Houston-based Remembrance Project — including two who spoke at the Republican National Convention and several more who spoke at Trump’s rallies or were featured in his campaign ads — have parted ways with the organization, according to people familiar with the situation, including six of the families.

Several of the families say they feel let down partly because the charity has done nothing to help them financially, despite suggesting that the money it raised — including $52,000 or more raised with Trump’s help — would be used to assist victims’ families. A handful of the families are planning a new group through which they intend to provide such assistance. Several others have demanded that the Remembrance Project refrain from using their names and likenesses — as well as those of their deceased loved ones — in its marketing materials, and some discussed legal action to force the group to comply.

“We were used, abused and exploited, and what’s worse is that my son was used, abused and exploited and is still being used, abused and exploited,” said Brenda Sparks, a former Remembrance Project participant whose son Eric Zepeda died in September 2011 at age 22 after being struck while riding his motorcycle by a car driven by an undocumented immigrant.

(it was me. I predicted it. I'll bet most people here did too)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

So, the state that elected Chris Christie

Please don't pour gasoline on the covok.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

BootStrap posted:

Then your third-world sex slave would handle it.

But then he could hide in another bedroom. Now there's only one place to sleep

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

If you don't live in a big city and make a decent wage, then you can afford it. Outside of the big urban areas, people need room to store horses or setup workshops/carpentry areas.

It's extremely common if you leave the city.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress big houses. Normal-sized, 2-bedroom-and-1-bathroom apartment is where it's at. Easy to clean/sweep, small, comfy and people can crash in the spare bedroom or sofa in the "living room".

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

If you don't live in a big city and make a decent wage, then you can afford it. Outside of the big urban areas, people need room to store horses or setup workshops/carpentry areas.

Where are you from that people put horses in a bedroom? A 10 bedroom house isnt common anyone in the US

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

skylined! posted:

remember in most states, bedrooms have to have a closet and a window so the additional basement dungeon rooms probably don't count

You were lucky to have a basement dungeon! We used to live in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, half the floor was missing, and we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of falling.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bLnv0tPLXg

I love Super Deluxe

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Trabisnikof posted:

Where are you from that people put horses in a bedroom? A 10 bedroom house isnt common anyone in the US

Lol I think he's trolling.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Crain posted:

This is what 99% of "You need to defend yourself" gun nuts are imagining.

Guns aren't a defense, they don't block bullets, deflect bullets, make you invisible to other gun owners, or give you a better chance of surviving being shot.

All a gun let's you do is try to take someone with you.

If you're worried about random gun violence, invest in a drat bullet resistant vest or over clothing. Costs about as much as a gun and doesn't come with ammo, maintenance, and training costs.

This post is just as loving dumb as any "defend yourself" defense you're conjuring up, hope this helps.

If, for whatever reason, you are in a situation where you are attacked by a knife or gun weilding individual, what's going to matter is how you react to that situation with whatever is available.

It's true that owning a gun DOES NOT and NEVER HAS guaranteed safety against imagined or real home invaders. The exact same can be said about the vests or over clothing you're pushing. Self-defense is pretty firmly up to the individual, and pretending your solution is magically perfect and good for everyone is in the same realm as gun advocates claiming their ready to shoot down hundreds of thugs with their custom AR15 they have spent far too much money on.

You're never going to win the gun control debate if you're only capable of responding to seemingly unreasonable views with equally stupid poo poo.

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

Trabisnikof posted:

:mr hands:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

fivegears4reverse posted:

This post is just as loving dumb as any "defend yourself" defense you're conjuring up, hope this helps.

If, for whatever reason, you are in a situation where you are attacked by a knife or gun weilding individual, what's going to matter is how you react to that situation with whatever is available.

It's true that owning a gun DOES NOT and NEVER HAS guaranteed safety against imagined or real home invaders. The exact same can be said about the vests or over clothing you're pushing. Self-defense is pretty firmly up to the individual, and pretending your solution is magically perfect and good for everyone is in the same realm as gun advocates claiming their ready to shoot down hundreds of thugs with their custom AR15 they have spent far too much money on.

You're never going to win the gun control debate if you're only capable of responding to seemingly unreasonable views with equally stupid poo poo.

On the other hand, poo poo like body armor is considerably less likely to kill you or a loved one accidentally.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Confounding Factor posted:

Lol I think he's trolling.

Lol duh. I just can't tell anymore. Maybe it is a Montana/east coast thing.

Also to inject facts only 10% of the housing stock has 10 or more rooms total.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

The poor frequently give their extra horses bedrooms, horses love that, they never poo poo the bedsheets or anything

Horses are a thing poor and middle class people still own right

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Majorian posted:

Guillotine!!!

Also, who could have guessed that Trump would exploit those families who lost loved ones to criminals who happened to be undocumented immigrants, and then not actually help them at all? Who, I ask you? Who could POSSIBLY have predicted this?

(it was me. I predicted it. I'll bet most people here did too)

Literally everything associated with conservatism is a scam in one way or another.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Wark Say posted:

gently caress big houses. Normal-sized, 2-bedroom-and-1-bathroom apartment is where it's at. Easy to clean/sweep, small, comfy and people can crash in the spare bedroom or sofa in the "living room".

My happy zone is three, so you can use one as an office or craft room while still having a guest bedroom. But two is totally fine. If I had four I would probably do something like a dedicated office AND a dedicated craft room. A fifth would be a sex palace decorated in the style of Sotha Sil's clockwork tower in Morrowind.

I have literally no idea what I'd do with ten.

Granted for families with children, having separate rooms for each kid, at least for teenage years, avoids certain problems. But unless you're some kind of quiverful weirdo or running some kind of cult I literally can't think of any use for ten goddamn bedrooms besides a display of wealth.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The poor frequently give their extra horses bedrooms, horses love that, they never poo poo the bedsheets or anything

Horses are a thing poor and middle class people still own right

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 1, 2017

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I could really use a second den for when I get tired of chilling in my first den.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

lol if your chateau only has 8 bedrooms and the livery isn't adjoined via paved enclosures, just lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Instead of buying a gun, spend that money on Bjj lessons. You'll learn how to defend yourself, gain confidence, discipline and a new group of friends. Martial arts are good.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Google Butt posted:

Instead of buying a gun, spend that money on Bjj lessons. You'll learn how to defend yourself, gain confidence, discipline and a new group of friends. Martial arts are good.

My wife took a Bjj class with a bunch of her girlfriends when we lived in DC, but they never mentioned the self-defense aspect of it and just practiced on cucumbers/dildos and drank wine.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Google Butt posted:

blow job... job?

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

Lol duh. I just can't tell anymore. Maybe it is a Montana/east coast thing.

Also to inject facts only 10% of the housing stock has 10 or more rooms total.

Like 10 percent of rooms are in a house with 10+ rooms or 10 percent of houses have 10+ rooms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I have literally no idea what I'd do with ten.

Servants. At the Kushner's level, they probably had at least a live-in nanny, possibly a live-in cook/housekeeper. Looking at the Wikipedia page, the Kushner's had 4 children. So a bedroom for each kid, one for the parents, one for a servant... that's 6 bedrooms, and one for guests equals 7.

• Locked thread