Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Right now on planet Earth there's probably someone desperately hoping for a Bubsy remaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
In all honesty, if they announced Jet Set Radio 3 I'd probably freak the gently caress out

Electromax
May 6, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

The problem isn't the sequels in and of themselves, it's that now the gaming population is getting old enough to have nostalgia for stuff like loving Crash Bandicoot.

If only we could return to the glorious 90s when every other game was a Namco arcade collection with PacMan and Frogger or a terrible 3D Pitall reboot. The correct nostalgia.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

exquisite tea posted:

Right now on planet Earth there's probably someone desperately hoping for a Bubsy remaster.

I'm that someone

Gorgolflox fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 1, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

get hype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLOwMd3I_AM

no aisha? :(

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
So no Aisha

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Lol at the "iconic" gag.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

They don't want her to get caught in the literal crossfire when the Hired Vivendi Enforcer Goons break into the conference hall and forcibly remove Yves Guillemot from the area.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

In all honesty, if they announced Jet Set Radio 3 I'd probably freak the gently caress out

Apparently a game that has very similar mechanics was released on Steam the other day. People who played it say it's really good.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Mr Caffeine will finally return.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jimbot posted:

Apparently a game that has very similar mechanics was released on Steam the other day. People who played it say it's really good.

Yeah but it's called Hover: Revolt of Gamers. :(

We got a new Hideki Naganuma soundtrack out of it though, so I don't regret kickstarting it.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
[Aisha Removed]
Rabbids mascot parade focus tested better with audiences

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ubisoft just lost E3

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah but it's called Hover: Revolt of Gamers. :(

We got a new Hideki Naganuma soundtrack out of it though, so I don't regret kickstarting it.

Yeah, stupid name aside, I heard the gameplay is pretty good. Has online multiplayer too, which is neat.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yves seems like a nice guy, a shame he's going to get wrecked by a Napoleonic-era water monopoly.

...wait, water... plumbing...

Mario x Rabbids was an allegory all along, wasn't it

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I don't really know what to expect from E3 except a large number of music video trailers that'll be pretty cool. I'm hoping for some Ever Oasis news from Nintendo at least. Where'd Cuphead? Cuphead is missing. Is Cuphead going to continue being a ghost story told only at E3?
Can't wait for it to actually start, as usual.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Erata posted:

I'm hoping for some Ever Oasis news from Nintendo at least.

I mean, it comes out a week after E3, I doubt there's going to be anything other than a token mention of it.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Erata posted:

I don't really know what to expect from E3 except a large number of music video trailers that'll be pretty cool. I'm hoping for some Ever Oasis news from Nintendo at least. Where'd Cuphead? Cuphead is missing. Is Cuphead going to continue being a ghost story told only at E3?

Maybe Cuphead is delayed because it keeps driving people who play it to madness. Let's start that rumor now.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Phantasium posted:

I mean, it comes out a week after E3, I doubt there's going to be anything other than a token mention of it.

Nintendo's doing a treehouse live thing, right? It won't get a mention in the big presentation but they'll have a segment showing it off, most likely.

Treehouse Live owns

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Erata posted:

Isn't Cuphead being completely retooled because MS wanted it to be more than just boss fights and have levels and stuff?

What I'm trying to say is that it'll probably be canceled soon like every other MS exclusive that isn't a sequel to one of their established franchises.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They've been 'retooling' Cuphead for like three years now. When was the last time any new footage got shown of it. Or it was even mentioned in an official capacity?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

They've been 'retooling' Cuphead for like three years now. When was the last time any new footage got shown of it. Or it was even mentioned in an official capacity?

like every other interesting MS exclusive, it has been hosed to death by tinkering and executive meddling.

I have no idea what Scorpio will have to bring to the table other than "graphics and framerate I guess are better" but at that rate why not just buy a computer? I can already play Killer Instinct and Gears of War on a PC. I can't do that with Yakuza, Horizon, God of War, or probably SpiderMan so PS4 will keep selling regardless.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

DLC Inc posted:

like every other interesting MS exclusive, it has been hosed to death by tinkering and executive meddling.

I have no idea what Scorpio will have to bring to the table other than "graphics and framerate I guess are better" but at that rate why not just buy a computer? I can already play Killer Instinct and Gears of War on a PC. I can't do that with Yakuza, Horizon, God of War, or probably SpiderMan so PS4 will keep selling regardless.

Like I'm actually genuinely curious as to what exclusives Microsoft even has for the Xbox One for this year. The pirate MMO if it comes out in 2017, probably Halo 3 Anniversary if that pattern holds true (and assuming that doesn't get ported to PC), and that's about all I have.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sea of Thieves, maybe?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

the Orb of Zot posted:

Like I'm actually genuinely curious as to what exclusives Microsoft even has for the Xbox One for this year. The pirate MMO if it comes out in 2017, probably Halo 3 Anniversary if that pattern holds true (and assuming that doesn't get ported to PC), and that's about all I have.

Halo 3 is part of the MCC so that wouldn't have much value. Gears 5?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ms' known 1st party exclusives are sea of thieves, crackdown, and state of decay 2

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
C'mon, Brute Force 2!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Sea of Thieves, maybe?

I hope this turns out OK. It does look like a dumb fun time with friends.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Crackdown 3 will utilize the power of the cloud so that the game can run at a whole 30fps. Wowee

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jimbot posted:

I hope this turns out OK. It does look like a dumb fun time with friends.

It looks like guns of icarus as an mmo. Idk how it will work but i imagine its more of ms' games as service push

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Microsoft to harness the true power of the Cloud when they steal the FFVII remake for the Xbox Virgo.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
That 'check out this teaser' is just an actual real post they did on Yves' facebook page.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I guess the only one I won't watch will be the Bethesda conference, it's a bit late. I doubt they'll show anything groundbreaking - maybe a new Wolfenstein?.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Samuringa posted:

I doubt they'll show anything groundbreaking

you just answered your own question:

Samuringa posted:

new Wolfenstein

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Finally Eliza Dushku is back as Rubi Malone in Bethesda's WET 2 : WETTER

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I'm gonna be traveling during the MS conference and will thus only be able to follow it via Twitter and message boards, so I'm kinda glad that rumors/informed speculation suggest they won't have anything particularly surprising to announce

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
aisha was the only good thing about ubisoft conferences

Twain of Pain
Dec 14, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

In this case it might not be so bad - I was at E3 a couple years ago and played it and it was pretty uninspiring once you got past the art style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

eonwe posted:

aisha was the only good thing about ubisoft conferences

It's time for Mr. Caffeine to make his runback.

• Locked thread