Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

WarEternal posted:

All of this stuff only really applies to playing a computer.

You could probably just generally work on confirms and combos for the character you wanna play. I could help you out eventually with learning a certain character if I look up their stuff, but I'm busy for the next few days.

Thanks for the tips. With the guild multiverse stuff, learning anti-AI tech seems pretty useful actually. I'll probably spend more time in the training room on execution and hop into online matches soon as well.

That slide move people are talking about seems like it would be great for the multiverse, hopefully I can get it to drop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah 9 lives gives you life again. I don't find her super combo that effective either so I don't mind replacing it for something that looks cool when just screwing around.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I had no idea that 9 lives thing was real, I assumed it was bullshit lol. I wonder just how many custom abilities per character are in this game---I remember being flabbergasted when I saw "alternate" Super startups on characters too.

I think the only big ability I really REALLY wish was a normal one is Cold's ice platform. He'd be a completely different and more viable character with it in tourneys.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Every character seems to have at least 5.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Catwomans lasso I wish was real. She feels empty without it.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Empress Brosephine posted:

Catwomans lasso I wish was real. She feels empty without it.

You mean the low one that replaces the anti-air..? Because her bd3 is better for long range lows.

Basically catwoman's alt abilities are pretty awful except Cat Slash which is insanely good.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The one that ties them up that does a stupid amount of damage. I'd perfer that over anti air because it punishes dumb asses who just shoot off projectiles.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I bet it's a waste of scream power but I like Canary's command grab because she just grabs the opponent and yells in their face.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

I bet it's a waste of scream power but I like Canary's command grab because she just grabs the opponent and yells in their face.

I really want that ability where she lobs a sonic grenade, that's sick.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Man, if NRS set out to include a character that played wonky as hell, had trash gear, and looked like a living nightmare, they really exceeded their quotas with Cheetah.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Fart City posted:

Man, if NRS set out to include a character that played wonky as hell, had trash gear, and looked like a living nightmare, they really exceeded their quotas with Cheetah.

Cheetah is fun tho.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Who is this Cheetah that you speak of?

Vixen is a rad character though

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Make sure you don't make the same mistake as I did and call everyone weak not realizing that single Fight mode doesn't auto scale :suicide:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I guess my problem is that I feel like I whiff a lot of her attacks. There's something with her spacing that just isn't quite gelling with me. I do like that Dhalsim diving kick, though.

And man, I really need to invest in that Vixen skin.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
What should I be spending my standard credits on? Or Guild credits for that matter?

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

Aphrodite posted:

There's 4 more total. 3 are in the game for 6000 source crystals each, and you get Grid from linking the mobile game.

The 3 buyable ones can also show up in top tier boxes and post match rewards apparently.

This was debunked by NRS.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bacon Terrorist posted:

What should I be spending my standard credits on? Or Guild credits for that matter?

Gold boxes

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Yeah, sink all your space bucks into gold boxes. Opening boxes gives you more credits, so if you've been sitting on some cash, you might be able to stretch it further than you realize.

So that you too may know the joy of opening twenty boxes containing only Grodd gear.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I think the game knows I have no intention of ever using Robin.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Open bronze boxes. Takes longer but you get a lot more poo poo

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Senerio posted:

I think the game knows I have no intention of ever using Robin.

I won't use Robin because Damian is a huge human being.

Also, I'm enjoying Flash WW, and Atrocitus

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Starrett posted:

Open bronze boxes. Takes longer but you get a lot more poo poo

Last thing I want is more poo poo. Such a drag to open everything one at a time for poo poo I don't need :(

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It takes me like 5 minutes of pressing X to get through the guild menu every day, can't they summarize it all on one screen

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

worst part of this game is the gear screen not showing what gear looks like when i'm selling them off. it makes managing your poo poo so much harder because some stuff I want to keep just for aesthetics or for regen later.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Fart City posted:

I have so much fuckin gear for her and it all looks the saaaaaaame

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

DLC Inc posted:

worst part of this game is the gear screen not showing what gear looks like when i'm selling them off. it makes managing your poo poo so much harder because some stuff I want to keep just for aesthetics or for regen later.

This is literally the thing I hate most.

I have fifteen Harley heads. Which ones should I keep? I don't know without cycling between like fifteen menus!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I started selling off all commons because they were useless and the epics and rares must look cooler.

Of course there are multiverse events which require you to be in all common gear so maybe keep one set, I guess

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jimmy Hats posted:

I wish we could buy character abilities. There's this sliding dash thing for Poison Ivy that the AI uses to combo that would make her into a real close-range fighter and i can't get it to drop for me :(

I really am not loving the lack of a shop. Like, I'm cool making some stuff box exclusive, special sets and all, but we have nothing to spend this fight money on but more boxes.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd be cool with buying abilities outright for a premium cost like 100k or 50k each if you NEED it badly

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Is it weird that I have the achievements for getting lots of rare and epic gear and for opening mother boxes but my superman has still not gotten a new emblem? There's one other character I think I still have using a piece of starting gear but that's just because the stuff in that slot is too high a level to equip for now.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can have one of my twenty five of them

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

DLC Inc posted:

I'd be cool with buying abilities outright for a premium cost like 100k or 50k each if you NEED it badly

It is a REALLY strange choice to exclusively keep abilities behind an RNG gate. Premium skins are whatever; those are just for aesthetic preferences. But the abilities fundamentally alter the way characters play. I mean look at Robin's staff ability. That's like a ground-up change.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I got a hammer and sickle Superman emblem so I doubt i'll be taking that off ever.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fart City posted:

It is a REALLY strange choice to exclusively keep abilities behind an RNG gate. Premium skins are whatever; those are just for aesthetic preferences. But the abilities fundamentally alter the way characters play. I mean look at Robin's staff ability. That's like a ground-up change.

honestly just be thankful you get abilities in constantly dropping lootboxes, as opposed to how Smash Bros did it---by gating it behind incredibly loving unfun minigames wherein you had like a 5% chance each time to get anything useful.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Smash is a bad game series though it makes sense they punish the dummies who play it

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

I got a hammer and sickle Superman emblem so I doubt i'll be taking that off ever.

I'm so loving jealous.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Starrett posted:

This was debunked by NRS.

As in they can only be purchased by source crystals?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Catwoman is my favorite so far because she plays like Wolverine with a bullwhip and I like Tornado Claw-ing motherfuckers.

Also I did the Joker in Arcade mode because I was curious how the gently caress his ending was going to justify him being alive at all, and the answer was "they don't, not even a little bit". It's a pretty good ending but come on, guys, maybe at least a handwave about why Fear Gas Hallucinaton Joker turned into a real dude?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Kalli posted:

Can you feel the jealousy I'm projecting towards you right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.
They need to change the cost of transforming gear to credits instead of source crystals, it's way too expensive to play barbie dressup as it currently is :sigh:

• Locked thread