Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
there is not one decent multiplayer FPS on the PS4.

maybe titanfall 2 but I heard no one plays it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

What about Killzone?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

a bone to pick posted:

Robert league

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm not fixing that typo

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceClown posted:

What about Killzone?

I haven't heard a single person ever talk positively about killzone.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
speaking of, here's an unpopular opinion

i loving loved the original killzone.

it was different and definitely imperfect, but i thought it was fun as hell. it had a certain rhythm to it and the story and characters were pretty loving good.

Hakka and Luger were fun as hell to play with

its unbelievably shocking that when they chose to continue the series they went with rico "what the gently caress's a shakespeare" vasquez as their lead and scrapped all the interesting character development stuff. it went from a series that was actually interesting and different to as generic as possible featuring action movie meatheads doing nothing interesting

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Anime Store Adventure posted:

a name with .tv in it

I'm usually a very chill dude in online games but anytime I see a player name that is a twitch url I will take every opportunity available to me to teamkill or otherwise grief them.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm usually a very chill dude in online games but anytime I see a player name that is a twitch url I will take every opportunity available to me to teamkill or otherwise grief them.

Same, plus a little extra.

I play a lot of the Battlefield series and my favorite role has always been anti vehicle. I've had multiple people either leave games or rage at me about mines, AA guns, c4/dynamite, whatever. I got really good in 4 at using the wire guided to hit helicopters and boy I wish BF1 still has an era-appropriate excuse for that launcher.

I get a lot of "haha u mad!!" That I assume is written through the gnashing of teeth that the airlord is now 33-3 instead of 50-0. It also turns out that a lot of these same shitters that don't play infantry and/or the objective are streaming shitters.

E: and my current dog tag is mine kills, which I think I'm still in like top 1% in the world just by virtue of actually frequently using them, but that tag alone gets career tankers FLAMIN HOT

Anime Store Adventure fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 1, 2017

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Same, plus a little extra.

I play a lot of the Battlefield series and my favorite role has always been anti vehicle. I've had multiple people either leave games or rage at me about mines, AA guns, c4/dynamite, whatever. I got really good in 4 at using the wire guided to hit helicopters and boy I wish BF1 still has an era-appropriate excuse for that launcher.

I get a lot of "haha u mad!!" That I assume is written through the gnashing of teeth that the airlord is now 33-3 instead of 50-0. It also turns out that a lot of these same shitters that don't play infantry and/or the objective are streaming shitters.

E: and my current dog tag is mine kills, which I think I'm still in like top 1% in the world just by virtue of actually frequently using them, but that tag alone gets career tankers FLAMIN HOT

This entire post is why I can't stand the Battlefield series

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

It is a terrible series for terrible people.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Look at these moneybagses willing to pay what's needed to keep up with the battlefield games

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
the battlefield games were awesome.

2142 was tons of fun and battlefield 3 is probably my favorite online gaming experience ever.

shoutout to goon Someguy: the greatest helicopter pilot on the planet

my dog tag was MVPs: just under a thousand

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

a bone to pick posted:

play bad company 2 all of the shitlers moved on to newer games so it's just a bunch of people chillin and actually playing the game and you dont have to worry about unlocks or any of that poo poo

like ive had more fun playing that game now than i did when it was new

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nigga crab pollock posted:

play bad company 2 all of the shitlers moved on to newer games so it's just a bunch of people chillin and actually playing the game and you dont have to worry about unlocks or any of that poo poo

like ive had more fun playing that game now than i did when it was new

I had bc2 and it was really cool

Then, ea made me enter my CD key to add it to origin. It didn't get added to origin, and when I tried to enter it again origin said the CD key was already used

RIP

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Chomp8645 posted:

You are doing the Lords work.

hawowanlawow posted:

Then, ea made me enter my CD key to add it to origin. It didn't get added to origin, and when I tried to enter it again origin said the CD key was already used

RIP

e. Man, that is some A+ bullshit. If EA spent less time overprotecting their games to the point where it's hard for people to play them and more time making good games, they would be up there with the giants.

Like, I know they make as much money as most of the big boys do, but I haven't met anyone yet who has had anything good to say about EA since the freaking millennium. The mere mention of them seems to elicit groans and rolling eyes. I guess you probably don't want to have to deal with their "tech support" people just to get your drat game back. Sucks.

phasmid fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 1, 2017

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

phasmid posted:

e. Man, that is some A+ bullshit. If EA spent less time overprotecting their games to the point where it's hard for people to play them and more time making good games, they would be up there with the giants.

Like, I know they make as much money as most of the big boys do, but I haven't met anyone yet who has had anything good to say about EA since the freaking millennium. The mere mention of them seems to elicit groans and rolling eyes. I guess you probably don't want to have to deal with their "tech support" people just to get your drat game back. Sucks.

tbf EA has been a tiny bit better about their DRM after the Sims 4 fiasco. I think a few years ago they made a public statement saying they're aware of the negativity surrounding their company and wanted to change things.

Ubisoft, afaik, has only gotten worse.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

HAT FETISH posted:

I really wonder how the second and third games woulda turned out if EA hadn't snapped bioware up. i am positive that there were a whole bunch of meetings where some shithead with a haircut that cost money was all "what the gently caress is 'space opera'? people don't care about that. they want to blow things up and crank off"

I like this anecdote Chris L'Etoile shared

quote:

The truth is that the armor was a decision imposed on me. The concept artists decided to put a hole in the geth. Then, in a moment of whimsy, they spackled a bit Shep's armor over it. Someone who got paid a lot more money than me decided that was really cool and insisted on the hole and the N7 armor. So I said, okay, Legion gets taken down when you meet it, so it can get the hole then, and weld on a piece of Shep's armor when it reactivates to represent its integration with Normandy's crew (when integrating aboard a new geth ship, it would swap memories and runtimes, not physical hardware).

But Higher Paid decided that it would be cooler if Legion were obsessed with Shepard, and stalking him. That didn't make any sense to me -- to be obsessed, you have to have emotions. The geth's whole schtick is -- to paraphrase Legion -- "We do not experience (emotions), but we understand how (they) affect you." All I could do was downplay the required "obsession" as much as I could.

https://pastebin.com/raw/Rz61xJFE

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

tbf EA has been a tiny bit better about their DRM after the Sims 4 fiasco. I think a few years ago they made a public statement saying they're aware of the negativity surrounding their company and wanted to change things.

Ubisoft, afaik, has only gotten worse.

IDK when sims 4 came out, but I got bc2 before origin existed and I think it was pretty much brand new when I had to transfer it over.

The above poster was right that I just didn't want to deal with it at the time. I actually had just gotten BF3 and figured I might as well reinstall bc2 while I was at it, but they would not let me install it alone without tying it to origin.

I haven't gotten anything from origin / ea since then

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

hawowanlawow posted:

IDK when sims 4 came out, but I got bc2 before origin existed and I think it was pretty much brand new when I had to transfer it over.

The above poster was right that I just didn't want to deal with it at the time. I actually had just gotten BF3 and figured I might as well reinstall bc2 while I was at it, but they would not let me install it alone without tying it to origin.

I haven't gotten anything from origin / ea since then

I don't blame you, the last thing I bought from EA was Syndicate and that was 5 years ago.

I'm just saying I think the atrocious launch of Sims 4 woke them up a little bit.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm more of a Tifa man than an Aeris man.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

:hfive: my man

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

hawowanlawow posted:

RIP

This exact same thing happened to me. I loved BFBC2 on consoles, grabbed it on sale on Steam, played it for a while, went back to it months later and it demanded I put in a bunch of information before deciding that I must have illegally pirated the game. gently caress EA.

beep by grandpa posted:

FF7 is absolute garbage and all of the expanded universe media after the game completely switches Aeris and Tifa's personalities. Nobody ever notices this because Tifa's personality is crazy in the game, she's like the demure neighbor girl everyone imagines Aeris is, except the game also cold opens with her participating in a terrorist attack.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

It is a terrible series for terrible people.

1942 was amazing

The second they got concerned with being PRO GAMING and took out poo poo like being able to capsize an aircraft carrier with all hands aboard and tried to make the experience more "realistic" it started going downhill.

food court bailiff posted:

FF7 is absolute garbage

All my friends that kept ranting about FF7 left me horribly disappointed, but I was playing Fallout and Ultima 7 at the time and was expecting a great RPG in that vein. Ohhhh boy.

Between that and all the Halo fans not having Half-Life or Counter-Strike, I am pretty sure this poo poo lead to the PC gamer sense of superiority. I still remember someone getting me to play Halo and it felt like a floaty mess, while they were SO impressed you could drive a tank around a tiny map.. after I'd already been playing Flashpoint (for those too young to remember, think ArmA 0) so I thought it was a loving joke.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 1, 2017

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

food court bailiff posted:

This exact same thing happened to me. I loved BFBC2 on consoles, grabbed it on sale on Steam, played it for a while, went back to it months later and it demanded I put in a bunch of information before deciding that I must have illegally pirated the game. gently caress EA.

FF7 is absolute garbage and all of the expanded universe media after the game completely switches Aeris and Tifa's personalities. Nobody ever notices this because Tifa's personality is crazy in the game, she's like the demure neighbor girl everyone imagines Aeris is, except the game also cold opens with her participating in a terrorist attack.

Tifa stood by her man

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Blazing Ownager posted:

1942 was amazing

The second they got concerned with being PRO GAMING and took out poo poo like being able to capsize an aircraft carrier with all hands aboard and tried to make the experience more "realistic" it started going downhill.

All my friends that kept ranting about FF7 left me horribly disappointed, but I was playing Fallout and Ultima 7 at the time and was expecting a great RPG in that vein. Ohhhh boy.

Between that and all the Halo fans not having Half-Life or Counter-Strike, I am pretty sure this poo poo lead to the PC gamer sense of superiority. I still remember someone getting me to play Halo and it felt like a floaty mess, while they were SO impressed you could drive a tank around a tiny map.. after I'd already been playing Flashpoint (for those too young to remember, think ArmA 0) so I thought it was a loving joke.

People telling me how great Goldeneye is while I played Team Fortress on Quake 1 definitely had a hand in this as well.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Halo sucked rear end

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Somewhat unrelated why is there not way more hate going at loving Sony for the way their "master PS4" system works? If your PS4 breaks more than once in six months or is destroyed for any reason, you can't make a new PS4 a master (and thus get to your digital content) period. Like, they literally will not help you. Even with a stolen police report; in fact, you can't even de-activate the stolen PS4 as the master. Seriously.

It's the most ridiculous bit of bullshit I've ever heard. We had to transfer our master PS4 recently and that's when I found out how it is. If ANYTHING happens to the PS4 for the next several months, welp, no more playing PS4 until the time is up. I don't even know what the gently caress to say.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Xbox is the same way with license transfers.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

Somewhat unrelated why is there not way more hate going at loving Sony for the way their "master PS4" system works? If your PS4 breaks more than once in six months or is destroyed for any reason, you can't make a new PS4 a master (and thus get to your digital content) period. Like, they literally will not help you. Even with a stolen police report; in fact, you can't even de-activate the stolen PS4 as the master. Seriously.

It's the most ridiculous bit of bullshit I've ever heard. We had to transfer our master PS4 recently and that's when I found out how it is. If ANYTHING happens to the PS4 for the next several months, welp, no more playing PS4 until the time is up. I don't even know what the gently caress to say.
Jeez and I thought Steams customer service was kind of bad. That's pretty lovely.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

1942 was amazing

I'd blame Call of Duty.

quote:

Most RPGs suck because their interfaces almost always fail to hit that sweet spot between rapid/responsive, intuitive, complex, and immediately satisfying. Even Fallout and Ultima 7 are hamstrung by their GUI despite being great otherwise.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

realism in FPS games is the stupidest thing, especially when it's coupled with regen health. i don't want to carry up to two generic weapons at a time, i want access to an entire arsenal all at once, with cool weapons mixed in with the usual pistols and shotguns

i hope that Doom 2016 signals the beginning of the shift but i'm not an optimistic guy

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

get that OUT of my face posted:

realism in FPS games is the stupidest thing, especially when it's coupled with regen health. i don't want to carry up to two generic weapons at a time, i want access to an entire arsenal all at once, with cool weapons mixed in with the usual pistols and shotguns

yes, this is why the ps4 has no good multiplayer FPS

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blazing Ownager posted:

you can blame the ps3 account sharing thread in the games forum for this

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I called Sony customer support at 10 PM when someone had hacked my account and activated a different master PS4 and they helped me get the other one deactivated and mine reactivated so maybe try calling when it's late at night. I have seen a lot of people online complain about how they won't help at all though so maybe the Canadian support guys are just better :shrug:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

hawowanlawow posted:

RIP

it's on steam

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah but I already bought it once

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer
BC2 was the best Battlefield game.

My unpopular opinion is that Horizon Zero Dawn sucks a big ol donkey dick.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Bad Llama posted:

BC2 was the best Battlefield game.

My unpopular opinion is that Horizon Zero Dawn sucks a big ol donkey dick.

I really liked the first few hours but got sick of it afterwards.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

not a single good shooter since the release of TF2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I enjoyed this crappy sword/gun fighting game from Korea called GunZ