Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
thatcher said that blair was her greatest achievement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

if this keeps up she'll be sending Corbyn in her stead to negotiate with the EU :lol:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

are you guys sure may's still alive? are you sure she ever really existed?

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
aren't british polls notoriously terrible

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they were real bad in 2015 so there has been lots of different efforts to try and correct it

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/06/01/pollsters-experimental-election/

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

this is literally what i picture whenever hamprince makes a post

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

LinYutang posted:

aren't british polls notoriously terrible

British everything is notoriously terrible.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
does corbyn have more lawn signs, that turned out to be crucial in the US

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

British everything is notoriously terrible.

healthcare owns m8 for now

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

LinYutang posted:

does corbyn have more lawn signs, that turned out to be crucial in the US

I've seen more Labour signs around and no other party signs in homes (actual grown-up homes, not just student houses) so here's my polling:

Labour: 100% of voters

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Stabbatical posted:

I've seen more Labour signs around and no other party signs in homes (actual grown-up homes, not just student houses) so here's my polling:

Labour: 100% of voters

this methodology is more accurate than major polling orgs at the moment

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
corbyn is bernie and bernie would have won

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gum posted:

May is notoriously bad at debates. Her turning up probably would have been a worse result for the Tories if you could believe it

sounds like someone with real leadership qualities

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bump_fn posted:

corbyn is bernie and bernie would have won

nah, bernie is broadly popular w/ unaligned folks in the US, corbyn quite unpopular w/ them in the UK

he seems to be the closest british equivalent, though, in much the same way that chowing down on blood sausage and beans is the british equivalent of a BBQ

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/870388650609192961

Yowza

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fallen Hamprince posted:

kropoopkin doesn't know what net worth is lmao

im sure the guy whose personal companies total a net worth of over 900k pounds only earns minimum wage, lives in public housing, doesn't have a car, eats ramen

if you control a net worth of over a million then you're a millionaire :milk:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

reading this article: https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/06/no-one-is-winning-in-this-election-campaign/

so many parallels to 2016 in the U.S.

i mean may will probably be PM, and if not her some other conservative, but daaamn. may is a pile of slop who expected to walk into a coronation. she has no real policies and also too many (contradictory) policies at the same time, but SHE WILL WIN according to spectator because corbyn is "fundamentally unelectable" and that "35 per cent of the vote doesn’t put you in power." okaaay....

Ya that article was lol as gently caress

https://twitter.com/ggeordiebore/status/870042187303727104

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://www.predictit.org/Market/3188/How-many-seats-will-the-Conservatives-win-in-the-2017-UK-snap-election

massive uncertainty ahoy

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lmao

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

im sure the guy whose personal companies total a net worth of over 900k pounds only earns minimum wage, lives in public housing, doesn't have a car, eats ramen

seriously, how do you think net worth works?

this was such a dumb error that you could have slunk away from.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Am I being gaslit right now?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Am I being gaslit right now?

i'm probably gaslighting you. i would never ask you to critically reevaluate your own thought, because i know you would never do that.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

i'm probably gaslighting you. i would never ask you to critically reevaluate your own thought, because i know you would never do that.

I must have missed the meeting where everyone decided that you have to have over a million in cash reserves to be considered a proper millionaire, and net worth of properties doesn't count.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I must have missed the meeting where everyone decided that you have to have over a million in cash reserves to be considered a proper millionaire, and net worth of properties doesn't count.

so, hey, what assumptions are you making, and why are you making them?

it's such a minor thing, i'm making fun of you because you decided to come back and contest a thing for no reason except that you felt you had to be right.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

it's such a minor thing, i'm making fun of you because you decided to come back and contest a thing for no reason except that you felt you had to be right.

Quit being a coy little pissant and say what you mean.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

You're a loving dipshit, dude. The guy owns companies worth nearly a million on their own, of course his total net worth is almost certainly in excess of a million, making him a millionaire. Only a fishmech-tier pedant would argue otherwise.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Vox Nihili posted:

You're a loving dipshit, dude. The guy owns companies worth nearly a million on their own, of course his total net worth is almost certainly in excess of a million, making him a millionaire. Only a fishmech-tier pedant would argue otherwise.

debt no longer exists, huh? gently caress yeah! stupid student loans.

in other news, it turns out the us president is an ultra-billionaire based on property he definitely owns in the clear and isn't hocked to poo poo.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I guess there's the possibility that all these companies called "Kapoor Pharmacies" or "Kapoor Properties" are actually financed by dark money, and the "small business owner" is just a bag man.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

in other news, it turns out the us president is an ultra-billionaire based on property he definitely owns in the clear and isn't hocked to poo poo.

the literal definition of net worth is value minus liabilities lmao

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the literal definition of net worth is value minus liabilities lmao

yes, small businesses are definitely financed by corporate bonds and not personal loans.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The guy saying the dumb idiot things that got owned by Corbyn and looked like an rear end turned out to be not as rich as people thought, but still rich. Boy, do lefties look like idiots right now!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yes, it's somewhere within the realm of possibility that the owner of several successful companies is actually leveraged to the hilt and has a negative net worth outside of his companies. Congratulations. It's also extremely unlikely.

Your comparison to Trump is helpful here: Trump himself wasn't "hocked to poo poo," it was his companies that borrowed enormous amounts of money, frequently by way of enormous mortgages. Generally, someone running a large limited liability business isn't going to take on personal debt to further their venture.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Vox Nihili posted:

nah, bernie is broadly popular w/ unaligned folks in the US, corbyn quite unpopular w/ them in the UK

he seems to be the closest british equivalent, though, in much the same way that chowing down on blood sausage and beans is the british equivalent of a BBQ

but britain doesn't need bernie so

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

you got owned pretty hard there buddy

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

you got owned pretty hard there buddy

by people whose argument is insisting he is wrong and owned without actual evidence

like his net worth is over a million, net worth accounts for debt, and (not yet mentioned) having debt at that level of wealth isn't actually detrimental the way it is for a household; his income may not be 1 million/year, but he owns over a million dollars worth of productive assets, which is way better than having 1 million in the bank.

so am i missing something that makes this line of argument anything other than shallow posturing?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

by people whose argument is insisting he is wrong and owned without actual evidence

like his net worth is over a million, net worth accounts for debt, and (not yet mentioned) having debt at that level of wealth isn't actually detrimental the way it is for a household; his income may not be 1 million/year, but he owns over a million dollars worth of productive assets, which is way better than having 1 million in the bank.

so am i missing something that makes this line of argument anything other than shallow posturing?

their argument is that the 45 y/o british pharmacist who owns a successful company worth ~1 million may actually be in enormous personal debt that overshadows his assets to the extent that hes technically not quite a millionaire. it's quite silly, but it's great fodder for pedants because it can't technically be disproved

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!

Vox Nihili posted:

their argument is that the 45 y/o british pharmacist who owns a successful company worth ~1 million may actually be in enormous personal debt that overshadows his assets to the extent that hes technically not quite a millionaire. it's quite silly, but it's great fodder for pedants because it can't technically be disproved

like they think this dude has 500k in credit card debt or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

like they think this dude has 500k in credit card debt or something

or upside-down mortgage, old student loans, personal loans to fund his companies, yeah, and also he would have to have pissed away a whole lot of income. basically, he would be a candidate for the BWM thread in BFC (good thread, everyone should check it out)