Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Mnoba posted:

same but with the ceo's of connoco phillips, GE, Google. Or anything that Obama signed. Or anything that tries to reduce our carbon footprint 28% in 8 years with no explanation how.

Supposedly Tillerson didn't want to back out of Paris either.

Which should tell you how bad and for-show the agreement was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

The word is UNliterate, you idiot!

gently caress

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Mnoba posted:

same but with the ceo's of connoco phillips, GE, Google. Or anything that Obama signed. Or anything that tries to reduce our carbon footprint 28% in 8 years with no explanation how.
by making shoes smaller. Duh :rolleyes:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Tallgeese posted:

Supposedly Tillerson didn't want to back out of Paris either.

Which should tell you how bad and for-show the agreement was.

Maybe.

But the disagreement of USA to sign it is not helping and Trump did it to pay service to the trash culture that grown around the GOP of science denialism.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That does not sound anymore like the climate policy that we know.

Basically it’s a big mistake to discuss climate policy separately from the major themes of globalization. The climate summit in Cancun at the end of the month is not a climate conference, but one of the largest economic conferences since the Second World War. Why? Because we have 11,000 gigatons of carbon in the coal reserves in the soil under our feet – and we must emit only 400 gigatons in the atmosphere if we want to keep the 2-degree target. 11 000 to 400 – there is no getting around the fact that most of the fossil reserves must remain in the soil.

De facto, this means an expropriation of the countries with natural resources. This leads to a very different development from that which has been triggered by development policy.

First of all, developed countries have basically expropriated the atmosphere of the world community. But one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world’s wealth by climate policy. Obviously, the owners of coal and oil will not be enthusiastic about this. One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy anymore, with problems such as deforestation or the ozone hole.

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/another-climate-alarmist-admits-real-motive-behind-warming-scare/
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/11/18/ipcc-official-%E2%80%9Cclimate-policy-is-redistributing-the-worlds-wealth%E2%80%9D/

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
ah yes, the "everything is wealth concentration and that's bad" take

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Tallgeese posted:

I forgot to add "It was suggested by someone at the Intercept" to the start of the second line.

now we know to source our quotes

not only tillerson but exxon-mobil as a whole was like "uhh don't leave it please" so that's pretty funny

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/870357069089689600

i dunno, freezing them all to death when the can't afford rising energy prices might not be good either

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tei posted:

By my account 300 million people will die because of the climate change. Mostly poor people from poor countries and people around the mississippi.

The good news is that you might actually see this happen, instead of looking dumb and hysterical like you do now.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
lmao that's a hilariously cringey take for aclu to tweet

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
There are two options, we either have another world war to solve the nearly unsustainable poor and homeless population, or we turn a blind eye to global warming.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
renewables are a pretty good option already making a dent actually

UrAClassAct
Apr 10, 2012
TRUMP treating groupthink junkscience with the respect it deserves?

:kiss:

#maga

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
God created this planet earth and of course narcissistic liberals and millennials think they can destroy it because they are more powerful than God :rolleyes:

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

With the loving histrionics...

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Poetic Justice posted:

There are two options, we either have another world war to solve the nearly unsustainable poor and homeless population, or we turn a blind eye to global warming.

The only two options. No other options even need to be brought up. Don't do it.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

The only two options. No other options even need to be brought up. Don't do it.

Using the Orb power isn't a true option, don't be tempted

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The loving orb poo poo is not funny, gently caress

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Poetic Justice posted:

War might give us at least 30 years break from white people harping on about being opressed when they see what real hardship is too.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

ah yes, the "everything is wealth concentration and that's bad" take

That excerpt was from an interview with Ottmar Edenhofer, co-chair of the IPCC Working Group III (Mitigation of Climate Change), and one of the authors of the Synthesis Report for AR5.

I guess you could consider it a "take" but it seems more like "intent" to me. Shocking revelations ITT that if you scratch a Green, they bleed Red.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
My high school valedictorian who is now an uber-SJW cat lady just spent an hour defending separate but equal on facebook because of a superhero movie.

"Separate but equal was only bad because the facilities weren't actually equal. As long as they are equal, it's not discrimination."

Trump is gonna be pres for 8 years isn't he?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Wth is this

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

new phone who dis posted:

Trump is gonna be pres for 8 years isn't he?

He'll make FDR look like a one-hit-wonder.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

theperminator posted:

War might give us at least 30 years break from white people harping on about being opressed when they see what real hardship is too.

Food riots and mass migrations north will have the same effect

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
"lol you triggered lib..tard" i gargle as i asphyxiate on salt water

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
THIS IS IT GUYS. THE REVOLUTION IS STARTING.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Over There posted:

THIS IS IT GUYS. THE REVOLUTION IS STARTING.

Yes! Save our country by causing economic and logistical unrest!

We'll set fire to the house in order to spare it from the plague.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Mnoba posted:

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/870357069089689600

i dunno, freezing them all to death when the can't afford rising energy prices might not be good either

ACLU needs to be shut down already. What a horrible organization.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Lol at that

"GOOGLE SHOULD HAVE A BLACKOUT IN PROTEST!"

They still think big corporations are on their side, google et al have done a really good job of marketing themselves as companies that care about your feelings to SV Liberal morons.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Fog Tripper posted:

ACLU needs to be shut down already. What a horrible organization.
Actually it's funny, sort of like trump.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Pulling out of the Paris Agreement would be a massive step back for racial justice, and an assault on communities of color across Covfefe

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
lookit those losers

using big words and poo poo

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

theperminator posted:

Lol at that

They still think big corporations are on their side, google et al have done a really good job of marketing themselves as companies that care about your feelings to SV Liberal morons.

lol big corporations are trump's kind of people, jokes on them lol

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

ayy lmao

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Poetic Justice posted:

God created this planet earth and of course narcissistic liberals and millennials think they can destroy it because they are more powerful than God :rolleyes:

Close!

They think they are the world and so when they say global warming is going to destroy the world, they really mean the human race.

The planet will be just fine in a couple hundred years, probably better off without us honestly.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I have more feels for baby cows suffering so we can have veal than most other current events.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

theperminator posted:

Lol at that

Google should be reclassified as a utility

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

theperminator posted:

Lol at that

Yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Fog Tripper posted:

I have more feels for baby cows suffering so we can have veal than most other current events.

Cows are dumb as gently caress and deserve suffering, much like america

• Locked thread