Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Alright, I just heeded the siren's song and pulled on Black:

2/11 Edea's Dupe Imperil Gown and Cid Metamorfucking Raines' Burst...

And I just convinced myself I didn't actually need to have the latter natively... (Give me back those 100 Mythril I wasted chasing it on the Anniversary banners)

AstraSage fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

BGrifter posted:

I found that one last night and it's awesome. Definitely a huge help.

Where do the Memory Crystal II and IIIs come from? Is it strictly events? I have Cloud, Tidus and Wakka sitting at 65/65 with Garnet, Vivi and both Cecils at 62-64.

Also in terms of unlocking Record Materia, I vaguely recall just playing with a character a lot and hoping to get lucky. Is there any trick now to unlocking Record Materia? I see a lot of guides recommending I unlock the Tyro and Cloud ones for +1 Soul Break at the start.

MC2 are mostly from events, like four per event or so for the event specific characters plus one wild card you can cash in. Once you get stronger there are 12 wild card MC2 available from Nightmare Dungeons.

There's one MC3 per event at the 140 difficulty fight.

You can check what the character specific RM unlock requirements are from Annex-Library-Record Materia but mostly it's breaking level caps.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Any advice for Ironclad? The robot itself isn't too bad, kinda high damage but once the little dudes fall out of the thing they womp the poo poo out of the party with aoes. :argh:

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Servaetes posted:

Any advice for Ironclad? The robot itself isn't too bad, kinda high damage but once the little dudes fall out of the thing they womp the poo poo out of the party with aoes. :argh:
I had seen people talk about the fight in Discord so I made sure I refreshed wall with the robot at low HP and then had Multi Break queued up when the robot died.

You could post your setup so that people can suggest tweaks

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

It depends, I was running Ingus, Ramza (USB and SSB2, no shout), Tyro with multi break dance and wall, Eiko BSB and the fifth was a flex, I decided to run Agrias with her SB.

I've got a handful of damage options all over the place, like Sephiroth BSB, Squall OSB/BSB1, Zidane BSB, etc. I have Wakka with his BSB, maybe he should bench out Agrias?

I RW shout almost all the time. I have Laguna's boostga but ehhh...

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 1, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i used a summoner team and having rydia dump en-earthed titan and alph two charges of tritoch cleaned them up pretty quickly

oh yeah and bring fire resist if you're not already

Prav fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 1, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Unfortunately my caster crew is lacking a lot. I just remembered I have Lion though, so I might use his BSB over Wakka and Agrias

Good call on the fire resist though, I'll get some.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Servaetes posted:

Unfortunately my caster crew is lacking a lot. I just remembered I have Lion though, so I might use his BSB over Wakka and Agrias

Good call on the fire resist though, I'll get some.

This seems to be mistaken a lot for some reason.

Lion is female. That's why you recruited her during Women of the World.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I wouldn't touch FF11 with a ten foot pole as everything I have heard about it was the game was insanely hot garbage, so I don't pay attention to any aspect of it. The only character I can tell exists from that game is a psychopath hamster mage

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Servaetes posted:

I wouldn't touch FF11 with a ten foot pole as everything I have heard about it was the game was insanely hot garbage, so I don't pay attention to any aspect of it. The only character I can tell exists from that game is a psychopath hamster mage

Minsc was in FF11?

FF11 and 14 are the two best titles in the entire franchise. :colbert:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Tenets of the Fayth? It's really good.

Penelo's is ok as a medica and possibly great if you need WM nightmares still.

HPanda posted:

My Yuna with Tenets of the Fayth was the only healer in our Apoc MP group a couple days ago, and we mastered it. It's good.

Yep and cool looks like I got my Medica.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Servaetes posted:

It depends, I was running Ingus, Ramza (USB and SSB2, no shout), Tyro with multi break dance and wall, Eiko BSB and the fifth was a flex, I decided to run Agrias with her SB.

I've got a handful of damage options all over the place, like Sephiroth BSB, Squall OSB/BSB1, Zidane BSB, etc. I have Wakka with his BSB, maybe he should bench out Agrias?

I RW shout almost all the time. I have Laguna's boostga but ehhh...

My advice is to use OSBs to take down the soldiers quickly one by one. They're very dangerous if you bring them all to "weak" status at the same time, but one by one isn't too bad. Anyway, I think the soldiers are purely physical, so maybe use that physical break dance with multibreak on Tyro and sub in Squall for Agrias.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
I didn't have any issue doing the Apoc+ with Fran, Shantotto, Rafa, Vanille, Tyro myself. Just RW'd Sheepsong, kept hammering away one by one through the fight and got mastery.

Shantotto completely ran out of gas though after one soldier was downed, ran out of hones for the witch spells. Rafa did pretty much all the heavy lifting with that sweet BSB of hers.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Kumog posted:

I didn't have any issue doing the Apoc+ with Fran, Shantotto, Rafa, Vanille, Tyro myself. Just RW'd Sheepsong, kept hammering away one by one through the fight and got mastery.

Shantotto completely ran out of gas though after one soldier was downed, ran out of hones for the witch spells. Rafa did pretty much all the heavy lifting with that sweet BSB of hers.

Like the advice I've given about this, I think the problem for most people is that you have a really strong team. Stacking Rafa and Sheepsong plus Fran's Pentabreak could probably wreck almost anything (assuming you have all of those). Throw in Shanttotto and that's just the cherry on top.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I have 65 mythril now... With the 50 mythril from the login bonuses I should be able to get like 3 more lucky banners in. Bsb, medica and possibly the dungeon update. I guess I'll skip the imperil banner.

Edit:
Yes! White magic banner got me yuna's usb. That's both a powerful medica and a hastega that I was seriously lacking in that realm. The last stand is pretty sweet on top of that too.

Now I'm missing a curaga level medica for realms iv, viii, xi (doesn't exist), xii and xiv. Here's hoping the dungeon update and the medica lucky banner fills in some more spots.

Black banner got me krile's beast killer. I mean, I already have her sheep song, but I've been needing for her to have something to do when she runs out of hones.

Oh who am I kidding, I'd rather have had any of the poo poo pulls you guys have been posting. Something for kuja or fusoya would have been pretty sweet honestly. But 2 banners out of 6 being useless is still really good!

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 1, 2017

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So I've ground out a bit more mythril, did a couple more rolls, got a couple more relics. Got a Sasuke's Blade which hits a whole lot harder than the Katana I used to have on Sephiroth. I also got 2x Wizard Staff, Yoichi Bow, Fire Lash (that Soul Break seems really good :stare: ), Deathstrike Darts and Fritt Mirage (Beyond). Still working on getting the Mythril together to pull on the THF, BLM and WHM machines.

I still have 1000 gems kicking around from when I played before. I'm guessing I should save them for the 100 gem special pulls?

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Finally beat the Apoc + fight with Tyro/BSB/multibreak, Onion Knight/BSB/who cares, spam that CMD2, Ashe/BSB/OSB /chain thundaga, Yuna/BSB2/Ixion (for gauge charging), Vanille/BSB/Ultra Cure

Yuna's BSB2 is a real nice blend of DPS, healing and boosting. Ashe took out the robot almost by herself, and the soldiers got creamed by OK and Yuna backing her up. Having two medicas was huge when it got down to the robots weak phase.

I pulled on the BM banner and got Kefka's quick cast SSB. :confuoot:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

BGrifter posted:

I still have 1000 gems kicking around from when I played before. I'm guessing I should save them for the 100 gem special pulls?
That's the most efficient way to go.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Skipped pulling on White lucky because I have a bunch of dupes and one of the best healer BSBs in the game already, but my mage gear is pretty lacking and I only have 1 BSB for a Black 5 user (Kuja) so I pulled on Black. Got Hope OSB, Maria BSB (:toot:), and Vincent's ancient (and now garbage) SSB1. After 2 years of deliberately avoiding him, I finally pulled a Hope relic. Eagletalon and Shotgun will probably mostly be used as synergy sticks, but I'm happy with finally getting Rune-Graven Bow for 25 mythril.

I somehow have bursts for 3 separate II characters now despite never pulling on a dedicated II banner, more than any other realm (I have three BSBs in X as well, but two of them are on the same character). The gacha is a strange and fickle mistress.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
Got the Gogo hat on a dollar pull. Looks like he's mimicking Onion Knight.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Got the most fun item on the banner 😀

Social Psychology
Mar 25, 2015

I guess I should have been more specific about which FFXIII mage BSB I wanted :smithicide:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

my current party is ovelia/ramza/raines/WoL/agrias

all of them I have their BSBs except for ramza, who I have native shout/chant.

I picked up Ceodore BSB and Y'shtola BSB from that WLM banner. Thinking of replacing ovelia/WoL with those two. Think it's a good idea?

WoL doesn't put out much damage honestly, even the second burst around (by the time I can do that, poo poo is usually already dead anyways) once he's en-holy'd, and ceodore's utility with his bsb makes my dick hard.

catgirl has a barrier, which is basically just free chant, though doesn't have +MND and does no damage opener, ovelia's opener or not doesn't really act as a gamechanger for me anyways.

Any thoughts?

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
I find that Ceodore is an AMAZING offhealer, but for a mainheal, you can do better. Sub him when incoming damage is a concern. Still, for multiplayer, I love fielding him every chance I can get, especially if I can do his SSB>BSB combo, he'll actually do respectable damage with his offheals. Doubly so that I have Agrias' OSB sword and WoL's BSB Shield for double +holy boosting.

Y'sh's barrier is amazing, but note that while it's up, you gain no SB bar when you take 0 damage.

Also, Ceodore only needs Lifesiphon x6 or so and Ace Striker in multiplayer to never run out of SB. Can safely give him Arise as an oh-crap button.

Kumog fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 2, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Honestly Raines is the odd one in your physical Shout team. Though if replacing him is worth it is another question.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
In Black and White mage lucky draws I picked up Beatrix BSB, Emperor BSB, Ashe OSB and Yuna USB. Very pleased with those draws.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kumog posted:

I find that Ceodore is an AMAZING offhealer, but for a mainheal, you can do better. Sub him when incoming damage is a concern. Still, for multiplayer, I love fielding him every chance I can get, especially if I can do his SSB>BSB combo, he'll actually do respectable damage with his offheals. Doubly so that I have Agrias' OSB sword and WoL's BSB Shield for double +holy boosting.

Y'sh's barrier is amazing, but note that while it's up, you gain no SB bar when you take 0 damage.

Also, Ceodore only needs Lifesiphon x6 or so and Ace Striker in multiplayer to never run out of SB. Can safely give him Arise as an oh-crap button.

I would replace WoL with ceodore, for the utility. If I had TGC I would use him to replace Raines but I don't have any of his relics. WoL's bsb damage is meh, even sticking agrias' sword and WoL's shield on him for 40% extra holy damage AND a holy RM. I don't need another off tank with no sentinel.

Raines is a longer down the road replacement

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Isn't Ceadore BSB holy damage on entry and both commands. That goes great with Agrias' AoE inperil from BSB entry.

You definitely have the gear to take down end game content so settle on a party and get leveling.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I am... All those are 85+ with Raines at 99. I just wanted to know if he'd be better especially the offheal and free esuna factor.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I would replace WoL with ceodore, for the utility. If I had TGC I would use him to replace Raines but I don't have any of his relics. WoL's bsb damage is meh, even sticking agrias' sword and WoL's shield on him for 40% extra holy damage AND a holy RM. I don't need another off tank with no sentinel.

Raines is a longer down the road replacement

With most of the meaningful content these teams would apply to being 1 stamina each, I think you should play around with the different combos and see which ones you like the most. For the most part looks like you prob wouldn't go wrong with any 5 of those characters.

Sidenote, I feel like I'm one of the few people here without any of the Agrias/Beatrix/TGC relics in this thread. :(

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Honestly Raines is the odd one in your physical Shout team. Though if replacing him is worth it is another question.

Raines is totally fine on that team as he self buffs his damage and would be exploiting agrias holy imperil.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Next event in JP is another TAY event (no, Palom and Porom's wardrobes aren't included) featuring Ursula

The latest new legend materia

Ursula LM1: Monk DMG +15%
Ursula LM2: ATK +?% with each Monk ability used, up to ?%

Ceodore LM1: Knight DMG +15%
Ceodore LM2: When using Knight abilities, ?% chance it comes attached with heal

Golbez LM1: Dark DMG +10%
Golbez LM2: Sentinel & Last Stand at start of battle

Rydia LM1: SUM DMG +10%
Rydia LM2: 35% chance to Dualcast Summoning abilities

Tellah LM1: BLK DMG +10%
Tellah LM2: MAG +?% with each BLK hit, up to ?%

BANNER 1
-----------------
Ceodore's Sword [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Holy/Lightning physical attacks, En-Holy, ATK & RES +30% and Sentinel to user

Kain's Longinus [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Lightning/NE jump attacks, En-Lightning, ATK & DEF +30% and Instant Jumps to user

Kain's Dragon Mail [OSSB, +10 ATK] - Single-target Lightning/NE Overstrike jump attack, multiplier is dependent on number of Dragoon abilities used

Tellah's Wonder Wand [BSSB, +10 MAG] - MAG +30%, Haste & Quick Magic 3 to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Earth/NE magic attacks, multiplier is dependent on user's MAG
Defend -> 2 AOE Earth/NE magic attacks, MAG +30% & DEF -30%

Ceodore's Enhancer [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, 40% max HP heal to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, 25% max HP heal to an ally
Defend -> 2 AOE Holy/NE physical attacks, Esuna to an ally

Kain's Abel's Lance [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 4 AOE Lightning/NE jump attacks, En-Lightning, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Lightning ranged physical attacks, Instant Jump 2 to user
Defend -> 2 single-target Lightning ranged physical attacks, restores 1 use to ability with lowest count

Edward's Lamia Harp [BSSB, +10 ATK] - ATK +50% to party, Imperil Holy to targets, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target Holy ranged physical attack, ATK & MAG -20%, Saps user
Defend -> Single-target Holy ranged physical attack, DEF & RES -20%, Saps user

Ceodore's Genji Helm [LMR, +10 ATK] - ?% chance to cover PHY attacks for allies, at ?% reduced damage
Tellah's Magus Robe [LMR, +10 MAG] - Stat Buff Duration +30%
Kain's Dragoon Gloves [LMR, +10 ATK] - Dragoon Damage +?% with Spear equipped

Edward's Soul Harp [SSB, +10 ATK] - MAG & MND +30% and Quick Magic 3 to party
Tellah's Bomb Core [SSB, +10 MAG] - ATK & MAG +30% and Instant Cast 1 to party, 45s Doom to user

BANNER 2
-----------------
Rydia's Red Scorpion [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Water/NE summon magic attacks, En-Water, MAG & RES +30% to party

Golbez's Gigant Axe [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, En-Dark, MAG & DEF +30% and 6000 HP Stock to user

Rydia's Wizard Rod [OSSB, +10 MAG] - Single-target Earth/Water/Holy Overflow summon magic attack

Rydia's Minerva Bustier [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Water/Holy summon magic attacks, Imperil Water, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Water/Holy summon magic attacks, Quick Magic 2 to user
Defend -> 2 single-target Water/Holy summon magic attacks, restores 1 use to ability with lowest count

Ursula's Master Fist [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Earth/Fire physical attacks, En-Earth, Burst mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Earth/Fire physical attacks, 0.825s CT
Defend -> 2 single-target Earth/Fire physical attacks, Critical = 50% to user

Golbez's Zeromus Shard [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 7 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, MAG +30% & Sentinel to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> 30% Stoneskin to user, activates Summoning Mode; 4 AOE Dark summon magic attacks, deactivates Summoning Mode
Defend -> 4 single-target Dark magic attacks; Each hit restores 20% of damage dealt under Summoning Mode

Yang's Cat Claws [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 7 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, En-Earth, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, 5 hits if under Unbound Fury
Defend -> 4 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, grants Unbound Fury to user

Rydia's Model [LMR, +10 MAG] - When using summoning abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1
Ursula's Dress [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Monk abilities
Golbez's Helm [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at start of battle

Ursula's Rune Claws [SSB, +10 ATK] - 40% max HP heal, Last Stand & RES +100% to party
Yang's Hell Claws [SSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Earth/NE ranged physical attacks, Imperil Earth

New 5* Summoning Ability, Ogopogo: 1~3 AOE Water summon magic attacks, number of hits is dependent on user's MAG

New 5* Monk Ability, Gaia Rush: 4 single-target Earth physical attacks, 20% critical rate

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Hogama posted:

Next event in JP is another TAY event (no, Palom and Porom's wardrobes aren't included) featuring Ursula Yang's Amazingly Majestic Moustache

Fixed that for you.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
That Golbez LM combined with his BSB and new USB is gonna be Nuts.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Any speculation on what our next event is going to be? Seems that JP had a bunch of events running concurrently shortly before/during fest including Mobius/FFI, XV Noctis, III Torment introducing Full Throttles, and the Hypest of Hypes, Woke Cloud.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zurai posted:

Fixed that for you.

Now, now. Ursula is probably one of the three best things original to TAY, after Swolebez and Luca.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Beasteh posted:

Any speculation on what our next event is going to be? Seems that JP had a bunch of events running concurrently shortly before/during fest including Mobius/FFI, XV Noctis, III Torment introducing Full Throttles, and the Hypest of Hypes, Woke Cloud.

Noctis isn't really an event. It's one fight. Not even one fight in classic/elite format, just one singular fight, IIRC.

Next event should be Cloud.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
do you think we're getting the cloud event before/after/during all the fest stuff?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
EX Fest shouldn't be til the end of the month, so yes.

Likely progression is Cloud > Meia > Sabin > Steiner, with the Fest and its associated events around the time of the Sabin event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

EX Fest shouldn't be til the end of the month, so yes.

Likely progression is Cloud > Meia > Sabin > Steiner, with the Fest and its associated events around the time of the Sabin event.

Yep. While the Cloud event did coincide with the tail end of the fest in Japan, it wasn't tied in directly to the fest (it's not a Five Ultimates or Battle of the Big Bridge or anything like that), so they should just feed it to us in its proper place in line.

• Locked thread