Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
some pubbie came up with the term "mining fatigue" to describe the latest rorqual nerfs and it's perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

20,000 man coalition mining 20 trillion of ore a month? big problem

one guy making 2 trillion a month? no big deal

What's Gaara going to do now? His work productivity is going to skyrocket

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

hello playerbase here's another mechanic that literally makes you unable to do something in eve online: a poo poo game run by incompetent Viking fucklords

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Fix Lag posted:

some pubbie came up with the term "mining fatigue" to describe the latest rorqual nerfs and it's perfect

it is me, i'm the pubbie shitlord

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

We knew this, no need to restate the obvious.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

don't claim credit for that eveo forums post

especially when you were posting right beforehand

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

i was first

i own this

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

also i'm hans isu too

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

hosed up if true

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

https://zkillboard.com/character/93918859/page/3/

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

congratulations you win the prize

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

the prize is you're stuck playing eve online

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

implying i need to play to post

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Just gently caress already.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

really can't believe you didn't go with this on the hans isu reveal

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Fix Lag posted:

really can't believe you didn't go with this on the hans isu reveal

coulda woulda shoulda

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 1, 2017

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

i was first

i own this

Goon discord sounds like a nice place.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

in my haste to claim responsibility for a name i have accidentally outed myself as a fan of anime

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 1, 2017

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

in my haste to claim responsibility for a name i have accidentally outed myself as a fan of anime

Dude it's 2017, no one cares that you're gay.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Reverand maynard posted:

boney message me on gf.com

Saw your message, I can't really do anything to help right now because I've had a hellacious on-call that doesn't end for 5 more days.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

dont sign your posts

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

dont sign your posts

:discourse:

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!
I'm not sure the mining nerf will really even affect us that much, but I can't wait for the call out threads.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Saw your message, I can't really do anything to help right now because I've had a hellacious on-call that doesn't end for 5 more days.

sup sucky on-call week buddy! only 3 more days for me :unsmith:

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

That's disgusting.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

What a freak

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Put a little more effort into these goonfleet ads Jesus christ

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Is this game still bad beyond all reason? I wanted to shoot things now that I have time again

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

PathAsc posted:

Is this game still bad beyond all reason? I wanted to shoot things now that I have time again

the game is actually terrible and getting worse, unfortunately

it's gotten so bad i'm looking forward to ALBION ONLINE

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

the game is actually terrible and getting worse, unfortunately

it's gotten so bad i'm looking forward to ALBION ONLINE

didnt greyscale add pvp fatigue to albion

vulvamancer posted:

I'm not sure the mining nerf will really even affect us that much, but I can't wait for the call out threads.

we did some basic math and it looks like 10 rorqs per system can mine sustainably if you go colossal -> enormous -> large

the colossal takes 4h to finish, the enormous 3h, and the large 2h, and by the time you finish E + L it's been 5h, which means the colossal respawned

with that in mind it'd take about 40 systems with ten rorqs in them all day to equal out mining output from the april MER, and there's 71 systems in range of 1dq

so while we will probably lose output in the short term due to lovely coordination, over the long haul we'll be able to grow another 75% in size before we have any issues with lack of anoms

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

didnt greyscale add pvp fatigue to albion

yes, unfortunately greyscale ruined not one, but two games.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Surprise

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

we did some basic math and it looks like 10 rorqs per system can mine sustainably if you go colossal -> enormous -> large

the colossal takes 4h to finish, the enormous 3h, and the large 2h, and by the time you finish E + L it's been 5h, which means the colossal respawned

with that in mind it'd take about 40 systems with ten rorqs in them all day to equal out mining output from the april MER, and there's 71 systems in range of 1dq

so while we will probably lose output in the short term due to lovely coordination, over the long haul we'll be able to grow another 75% in size before we have any issues with lack of anoms

serious question:

do you think CCP nerfed rorqs and anoms because of GSF?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ofc, it's ccp.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
GSF probably provided them with the most expansive case study of "What happens when we give miners steroids".

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

serious question:

do you think CCP nerfed rorqs and anoms because of GSF?

it's not even a question -- of course they did

the thing is, though, it wasn't out of malice

they did it because we're the only people who are actually using them in any appreciable fashion -- we were the only people to measure, so it had to be because of us

on tweetfleet slack fozzie mentioned that individual solar systems had more mining than the region of providence, and while he didn't name the systems or even the regions, it is pretty easy to guess that he meant systems like 7UTB, Y-O, and S-6 in delve

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

nex posted:

sup sucky on-call week buddy! only 3 more days for me :unsmith:

I got paged yesterday because someone thought customers weren't receiving confirmation emails on purchase. Asked him twice to verify the email address, and check the junk / spam. After verifying the email got sent from 3 different perspectives, we're 30s away from cutting a ticket to the global megacorps SMTP team and he says, "Wait, I see it!".

:fuckoff:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yeah that kind of output couldn't continue long term, it would loving destroy the game worse than the LP cartel would have.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

orange juche posted:

Yeah that kind of output couldn't continue long term, it would loving destroy the game worse than the LP cartel would have.

i saw you with the last post in my usercp and i just wanted to say

hail, brother in ideal, and well met

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

orange juche posted:

well the nerf isn't enough to slow our output by too much soooo

• Locked thread