Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Monday_ posted:

My backup outfielder got sent to Single A.

My star player (Harper) probably gonna get suspended for 10 games

Thinking of picking up either Adam Frazier, Scott Schebler, or Josh Reddick.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I have Votto, Abreu, Zimmerman, and Santana as 1Bs in a points league. I need help at OF. Any thoughts about which of those guys I should dangle, and who I should target? IE, currently undervalued OFs....

edit - I could also really use a SS.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

bewbies posted:

I have Votto, Abreu, Zimmerman, and Santana as 1Bs in a points league. I need help at OF. Any thoughts about which of those guys I should dangle, and who I should target? IE, currently undervalued OFs....

edit - I could also really use a SS.

Where is your league hosted and how is positional eligibility determined? Carlos Santana is now OF eligible on Yahoo because he starts in RF when Cleveland is in an NL park. He could potentially become OF eligible for you too down the line (haven't looked at Cleveland's schedule).

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

Where is your league hosted and how is positional eligibility determined? Carlos Santana is now OF eligible on Yahoo because he starts in RF when Cleveland is in an NL park. He could potentially become OF eligible for you too down the line (haven't looked at Cleveland's schedule).

This is on ESPN, he still needs 5 more games to be OF eligible (I was hoping for this solution)

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

bewbies posted:

This is on ESPN, he still needs 5 more games to be OF eligible (I was hoping for this solution)

Hmm yeah, looks like Cleveland only has 5 games left in NL parks, so assuming he doesn't start any at home he'll need to start all 5 of those and that still wouldn't get you eligibility until towards the end of July.

I think I'd try to move Zimmerman. His value is high and his injury history is not great.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

brutal year for injuries.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Perhaps championing Duffy for Cy Young after his first four starts was a bit hasty.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm thinking of dropping Pillar for Adam Frazier even though Pillar is pretty much the only stolen base threat left on my team (Judge currently has 2nd place with 4.)

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Another fantastic start by Jose Quintana.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

Another fantastic start by Jose Quintana.

Is he just droppable at this point? He was a guy I was targeting hard but now I'm actually really happy I didn't get him in all 3 leagues.

EDIT: No he's not, I walked myself off that ledge pretty quickly. I was definitely expecting #1-2 stuff from him though, not this spot starter bullshit.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 31, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

Is he just droppable at this point? He was a guy I was targeting hard but now I'm actually really happy I didn't get him in all 3 leagues.

EDIT: No he's not, I walked myself off that ledge pretty quickly. I was definitely expecting #1-2 stuff from him though, not this spot starter bullshit.

He's been getting destroyed by any team with a decent offense; it's pretty worrying. I was expecting like you a 1-2 guy that would be taken in later rounds because he wasn't going to get W's for a lovely team.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Am I being stupid to consider trading Judge for Machado (SS elig) in a points league? I need a SS....

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bewbies posted:

Am I being stupid to consider trading Judge for Machado (SS elig) in a points league? I need a SS....

If you have a real need at SS and other good OF, that's probably a pretty good deal. I am thinking about making a run at Manny in one league as well, there's no way he's this bad all season.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Well that guy couldn't mash accept fast enough.

...let's hope Judge cools down and Machado heats up....

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I finally benched Machado today for Ryon Healy so expect the correction.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

I finally benched Machado today for Ryon Healy so expect the correction.

Please no, I need him or Shaw to keep this up all year.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Whatever got into yonder Alonso this year please do not end.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
In my 10 team roto league, I dropped Bregman the other day because I have too many 3B's and I really needed to retool my roster by positions. He has homered in all three games since I dropped him. (I do still own him in my other two leagues, but goddamn it.) I also forgot to switch Dozier and Gattis into my lineup before the early game this morning. I am just not fated to finish in the money in this league. Good lord.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Bregman was dropped in 2 of my Pro Leagues and I figured what the hell, I'll let him sit on the wire a few days. Went to add him this morning and he was gone in both :-/

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I'm begging the fantasy gods for Bregman to get SS eligibility.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Is anyone else lucky enough to play in a league where add/drops are first come first serve? I've snatched up Miller, Kinsler and now Odor so far.

Also, I'd trade Judge for Machado in a heartbeat. I don't trust anyone with a .394 BABIP and a 40.5% HR/FB rate. It wouldn't surprise me if their numbers from here on out end up being very similar, and that kind of production is more valuable at SS. Although for the sake of my Yankees I hope he continues to be Barry Bonds.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
The Dodgers had 19 wins in May and Kenley had 1 save :3:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jesus Christ Ryan Zimmerman :stare:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Rand alPaul posted:

Jesus Christ Ryan Zimmerman :stare:

Guess he's not on the downside of his career.

Also hey I'm not so disappointed about leaving Tanaka on my bench

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
alright i'm done with tanaka, sorry

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I forgot to take Kluber off the DL yesterday and now I can't use him today :(

My pitching has been so bad this week, I think I'm finally going to get my first matchup loss of the year in that league.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

DeepDickPizza posted:

In my 10 team roto league, I dropped Bregman the other day because I have too many 3B's and I really needed to retool my roster by positions. He has homered in all three games since I dropped him. (I do still own him in my other two leagues, but goddamn it.) I also forgot to switch Dozier and Gattis into my lineup before the early game this morning. I am just not fated to finish in the money in this league. Good lord.
Bregman is the guy I kept in favor of Gallo when I dropped Gallo. So he's paying me back for my faith in him but Gallo has heated up also. Should have kept both. The dude who snagged Gallo spent 47 waiver bux

Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.

IcePhoenix posted:

I forgot to take Kluber off the DL yesterday and now I can't use him today :(

You chose...poorly.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So the D-Backs needed to call up another bullpen arm and they loving sent Godley down to AAA to do it.

gently caress Arizona.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Flimflam Man posted:

You chose...poorly.

It...it wasn't really a choice....

:negative:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

rip jean segura

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Schweinhund posted:

rip jean segura

How bad was it?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I didn't see it, but from reading the twitters he rolled his ankle pretty bad and it seems like 1 month minimum

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Schweinhund posted:

rip jean segura

Nooooooo

Call up Moncada!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

bewbies posted:

alright i'm done with tanaka, sorry

If my waiver wire wasn't a wasteland, I would have dropped him after last night's game. Instead, he'll just ride the bench.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
When Kinsler went to the DL, I picked up Hicks to fill in since I knew he'd play every day while Ellsbury was out.

:stare:

Hot drat.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm thinking of dropping Pillar for Adam Frazier even though Pillar is pretty much the only stolen base threat left on my team (Judge currently has 2nd place with 4.)

Are Cesar Hernandez or Eddy Nunez available in your league? They both play multiple positions and swipe bags. They're also both hitting reasonably well.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Are Cesar Hernandez or Eddy Nunez available in your league? They both play multiple positions and swipe bags. They're also both hitting reasonably well.

Neither, and Cesar is only 2B elig in ESPN.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I hope those people who were wanting to drop Jackie Bradley Jr. a month ago didn't end up dropping him.

I held onto him on my bench, and have been rewarded!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Man, what the hell is wrong with Schwarber? his average is down to .165.....

• Locked thread