Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Indivisible is Switch bound! :siren:

- Devs behind Skull Girls
- Music by Hiroki Kikuta (Composer for Secret of Mana)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZJf1iTkgx4

I want to be more excited about this, but that 2018 goal isn't happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I want to be more excited about this, but that 2018 goal isn't happening.

I backed this when it looked like it was going to be on the wire and I'm excited for it, but in a "I forward the mail to spam and then get surprised/excited for it when I stumble across references on the internet" kind of way. Same for Cuphead and a couple other games that looked actually-promising.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
wouldn't be surprised if cuphead gets scalebound'd

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Alteisen posted:

Its kind of impressive how Nintendo can gently caress up as something as basic voice communication.

Still not quite as bad as pc battlefield previously needing you to launch a website, then load an old plug-in type not supported/deprecated by every browser maker, then add to your friend list, then join party different from your in-game party, then join another party chat to talk to teammates.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chronojam posted:

Still not quite as bad as pc battlefield previously needing you to launch a website, then load an old plug-in type not supported/deprecated by every browser maker, then add to your friend list, then join party different from your in-game party, then join another party chat to talk to teammates.

:dice:

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
For everyone using the THINK OF THE CHILDREN argument for the headphone thing, kindly remember that there is a very extensive and well thought out parental app that could easily have had a voice chat toggle if that were the real motivation. The real reason is nintendo does some brilliant poo poo and some stupid rear end poo poo sometimes. It's usually one of those two options. They never do kind of okay poo poo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spit on my clit posted:

Its already been wulverbladed

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvD8NZN9Zsg

:siren: Sonic Mania will be $20USD via the eShop :siren:

Instant instant buy for me at that price point.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

EpicNemesis posted:

For everyone using the THINK OF THE CHILDREN argument for the headphone thing, kindly remember that there is a very extensive and well thought out parental app that could easily have had a voice chat toggle if that were the real motivation. The real reason is nintendo does some brilliant poo poo and some stupid rear end poo poo sometimes. It's usually one of those two options. They never do kind of okay poo poo.

tbh if the price of the kind of thinking that led to the Switch in the first place is "a crap VOIP app setup with more dongles than an iPhone" then that's a sacrifice I'm willing to accept.

(that doesn't mean I won't criticize the latter though)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Blaster Master Zero: Gal Gun DLC is now live and FREE! You have until Jun 14th to claim! :siren:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Sonic Mania will be $20USD via the eShop :siren:

Instant instant buy for me at that price point.

I was gonna get this anyway, but this is a nice price point.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Blaster Master Zero: Gal Gun DLC is now live and FREE! You have until Jun 14th to claim! :siren:

All about free content but what the hell is a Gal Gun

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Like a ds game starring fake megaman

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sold :homebrew:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

Like a ds game starring fake megaman

That's gunvolt, Gal Gun is.... uh.... not that...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

That's gunvolt, Gal Gun is.... uh.... not that...

gently caress

Oh its the giant bomb favorite one where you gotta shoot anime babes as prelude to groping them?

My brain wouldnt let me see it that way because wtf

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Wanted to swap my Disgaea order from physical to digital... Amazon doesn't sell Disgaea 5 digitally for the Switch yet. :saddowns:

I guess I'll wait until it ships on the 19th and play it (does demo progress carry over?) after I poopsock to 70 when the Stormblood expansion hits for FFXIV.

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah for real, Iron Brigade was actually really good.

It was decent for the $5 or w/e I spent on it but it had a lot of flaws.

Martytoof posted:

Should be a no-brainer for Capcom which means we've got no chance of ever seeing it.

Much like a Breath of Fire collection.

Gimbal lock posted:

It ain't weird, it's knowing why preorders existed in the first place, which only Guy Goodbody seems to get. Digital preorders probably wouldn't have existed if physical preorders hadn't gotten accepted by the consumers first

This is absolutely incorrect. Even without physical pre-orders "pay for the game in advance so that you can play it immediately at the stroke of midnight rather than buy and start downloading it, if our servers aren't on fire (they will be), at the stroke of midnight" would've been a pretty easy sell to consumers. You're severely underestimating just how big a deal convenience is to some people.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wow, spoilers, rear end in a top hat :rolleyes:.

Seriously though, can't believe it survived that with just a Joycon getting trashed.

When I was playing through FFL2 on my gameboy I had a AA battery pop*(?) while fighting Magnate. The Gameboy kept running despite one of the batteries having busted open while in use.

* best way to describe it, since the battery didn't explode, it just made a loud 'pop' sound, startled me, and ended up with a bunch of powder and residue inside that I cleaned out later.

I also spiked a SNES game, like a football, on to concrete and the game still worked after I duct taped the cartridge back together.

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Indivisible is Switch bound! :siren:

- Devs behind Skull Girls
- Music by Hiroki Kikuta (Composer for Secret of Mana)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZJf1iTkgx4

I thought this was a metroidvania but it looks like it has turn based combat? Never played VP but I might try the demo for this to see what it's like.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

gently caress

Oh its the giant bomb favorite one where you gotta shoot anime babes as prelude to groping them?

My brain wouldnt let me see it that way because wtf

Seems my 'ask instead of googling at work' instinct paid off :v:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I imagine that this is what Mario Kart voice chat sounds like anyway:

"AAAAAAAAAAA!!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"
"AAAAAAAAAAA!!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
"gently caress!!"
AAAAAAA!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I think "WHICH ONE OF YOU loving DEAD CUNTS JUST HIT ME WITH A BLUE SHELL?!" is more apt

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

It's... uh.. yeah..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7_a14cO9Gc

It's a thing

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

This is not the Pokémon snap remake I wanted

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
When's rocket league

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

spit on my clit posted:

Fully expect Cuphead to come out and get solid 5 out of 10/2.5 star/Gamepro bored face but with a thumbs up ratings; every review being some variation of "Looks great, repetitive gameplay"

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Everything about Cuphead seems to scream style over substance. Unless they make it into something other than a mediocre platformer it's probably just gonna be a footnote for the year.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Stan Taylor posted:

When's rocket league

Right now! On a far stronger system.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Rethink your life choices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nT3A8aNwy8
Lost Sphear looks neat.

This looks generic as hell...and I love generic, bland turn-based JRPGs with pretty music that feel like they were made 20 years ago.

I'll probably love this game.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Right now! On a far stronger system.

My computer is fun to play rocket league on, but I can't play my computer on the toilet.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

JethroMcB posted:

Fully expect Cuphead to come out and get solid 5 out of 10/2.5 star/Gamepro bored face but with a thumbs up ratings; every review being some variation of "Looks great, repetitive gameplay"

The last thing I heard about it was it was being converted from a boss rush to a regular platformer because the playtesters didn't like the boss rush format, or something :negative:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Stan Taylor posted:

When's rocket league

same day as gamecube virtual console

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

Ok, for those of you that have the anker powercore+ 20100, what cord are you using to charge the switch? Will a double USB-C cord do it, or do I need to use a USB-A -> USB-C cord? I have the cords that came with it, which don't work, despite others saying that they do with a quick google serch, I have also tried these 2 cords: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C1WMNF4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and http://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-5-9-usb-type-c-to-usb-type-c-device-cable-gray/5666953.p?skuId=5666953. The first of which was on Benson Leung's list. Apparently it's just a crapshoot of which cords will work, is it the same with the battery itself? Will some Anker powercores just work while others won't work with the switch at all?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I bought a cable matters USB c to a and some tecknet battery and it just works, is my Switch broken?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

kill all humans and salt the earth

guess I'll grab that BM0 dlc anyway though

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

it shriveled up posted:

Ok, for those of you that have the anker powercore+ 20100, what cord are you using to charge the switch? Will a double USB-C cord do it, or do I need to use a USB-A -> USB-C cord? I have the cords that came with it, which don't work, despite others saying that they do with a quick google serch, I have also tried these 2 cords: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C1WMNF4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and http://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-5-9-usb-type-c-to-usb-type-c-device-cable-gray/5666953.p?skuId=5666953. The first of which was on Benson Leung's list. Apparently it's just a crapshoot of which cords will work, is it the same with the battery itself? Will some Anker powercores just work while others won't work with the switch at all?

You've made me paranoid so I pulled mine out to check. Assuming that "The switch recognizes a power source is plugged into it and says it's charging" is a success, then the following all worked:

- The USB C-to-C cord that came with the battery
- The USB C-to-C cord that came with my Macbook
- The USB A-to-C cord that came with the pro controller

Worth noting is that if you're using a C-to-C cord, you need to push the button on the battery before plugging it into the switch, or the battery will start charging itself using the switch instead of vice versa, which may be the issue you're seeing?

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

You've made me paranoid so I pulled mine out to check. Assuming that "The switch recognizes a power source is plugged into it and says it's charging" is a success, then the following all worked:

- The USB C-to-C cord that came with the battery
- The USB C-to-C cord that came with my Macbook
- The USB A-to-C cord that came with the pro controller

Worth noting is that if you're using a C-to-C cord, you need to push the button on the battery before plugging it into the switch, or the battery will start charging itself using the switch instead of vice versa, which may be the issue you're seeing?

Yeah, after reading I tried pushing the button first and doing it with all the cords and still won't work. It shows it charging for like 2 seconds, then the screen turns off and comes back on with a little bit of red in the battery and a lightning bolt to the right of it. I've left it like that for a couple hours before and it didn't charge at all.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

A TV that I bought for the NES classic and Switch

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-22LH4530-P-led-tv

If you have an office-chair-desk setup or a kitchen or something, this is a small monitor-sized HD TV with an HDMI port and speakers built in

With this setup, you can presumably play Splatoon in docked mode with the headphone jack, if this works.

It's portable enough that if you want to move it around your house, you can

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

it shriveled up posted:

Yeah, after reading I tried pushing the button first and doing it with all the cords and still won't work. It shows it charging for like 2 seconds, then the screen turns off and comes back on with a little bit of red in the battery and a lightning bolt to the right of it. I've left it like that for a couple hours before and it didn't charge at all.

I just did a quick test and it charged 2% while actively playing a game on it, so I think your battery might just be hosed in terms out outputting less than it should or something. Or, if the screen is turning off when the switch isn't completely dead battery wise, you might have a short or something, in which case the battery might actually be damaging anything you plug into it :ohdear:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/870444987380416512

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Priced right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

$20 a year seems reasonable, but fuuuuuuuckkkkk the fact you have to pay for online

• Locked thread