Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Stupid question: on my current playthrough I'm finding a shitload of legendary items, but for slots I already have filled with other ones. Is there a mod out there that can change something from 'right leg' to 'left arm' or even 'left leg?' I have no idea what that would even be called so searching for it is a bit futile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Stupid question: on my current playthrough I'm finding a shitload of legendary items, but for slots I already have filled with other ones. Is there a mod out there that can change something from 'right leg' to 'left arm' or even 'left leg?' I have no idea what that would even be called so searching for it is a bit futile.

I can't find it now, but there is a mod that lets your dismantle a legendary item to gain a special mod that you can then apply to another item and give it the same properties.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Phrosphor posted:

I can't find it now, but there is a mod that lets your dismantle a legendary item to gain a special mod that you can then apply to another item and give it the same properties.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4042/ is what you're thinking of, I think.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Yes that is the one!

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I trimmed that from my load order because I'm trying to cut down on the number of plugins I have, and it really highlights how forgettable the vanilla legendary drop system is.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Phrosphor posted:

Phrosphor posted:

Yes that is the one!

Sweet, thanks! I'm already using Armorsmith but I'll give this a whirl to see if it solves my problem. If anything it'll just allow me to grab some high quality armor and put the mods on that without any issue, so it may have fixed more than one issue.

Davoren posted:

I trimmed that from my load order because I'm trying to cut down on the number of plugins I have, and it really highlights how forgettable the vanilla legendary drop system is.

My current run has the SPECIALs set to 10 (basically doing it so I can experiment with various perks without too much hassle while being able to have a fairly challenging game) and I couldn't agree more. While the aspect of having lovely legendaries is interesting you shouldn't have to have a high Luck to have a decent encounter rate so you get something good instead of just constant uselessness. I hope they adjust that going forward with whatever Fallout game comes next. I like the idea of being able to craft Legendary weapons that are locked with weird combinations of perks because it makes perk planning even more important, but that's just me.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Does the horizon weapon pack add the weapons to the leveled lists so that enemies will use them?

E: no it doesn't :wtc:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Does the horizon weapon pack add the weapons to the leveled lists so that enemies will use them?

Unfortunately no I think, they're just craftable at the weapons bench and scaled appropriately for the mod.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah that's dumb as poo poo I'm just sticking to adding them in one at a time. What's the point in a million guns if nobody uses them.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

My current run has the SPECIALs set to 10 (basically doing it so I can experiment with various perks without too much hassle while being able to have a fairly challenging game) and I couldn't agree more.

FWIW there is a mod that just removes all the SPECIAL requirements for perks.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

how difficult would it be to make the named legendary enemies mod play nice with Horizon? i thought i'd give fallout 4 another try after seeing Horizon, but having actual names for guys seems too good to pass up

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I don't think there should be any real incompatibilities, you might just need to fiddle with your load order a bit.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Phrosphor posted:

I don't think there should be any real incompatibilities, you might just need to fiddle with your load order a bit.

i don't really know how the system works, but would the edits Horizon is supposed to make to enemy health values override the name changes? or is Fallout 4 smart enough not to completely replace the entry from one with the other?
would this be something i could check with F04Edit? i haven't gotten around to downloading that yet

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

AriadneThread posted:

i don't really know how the system works, but would the edits Horizon is supposed to make to enemy health values override the name changes? or is Fallout 4 smart enough not to completely replace the entry from one with the other?
would this be something i could check with F04Edit? i haven't gotten around to downloading that yet

I'd always recommend people to get FO4Edit, although it makes incremental backups every time you save, its a good idea to keep a vanilla backup of whatever you fiddle with.
pro's and cons of fredit are : so many things can be unfucked, if you find some spunky new outfit that suits your hello kitty playthrough, you can make it appear in levelled lists, have ballistic weave, up to two legendaries, and many more things.
cons I guess: unless you know someone generous enough to make simple scripts like "add these keywords/attatch points to items" editing a lot of objects can be tedious.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

staberind posted:

I'd always recommend people to get FO4Edit, although it makes incremental backups every time you save, its a good idea to keep a vanilla backup of whatever you fiddle with.
pro's and cons of fredit are : so many things can be unfucked, if you find some spunky new outfit that suits your hello kitty playthrough, you can make it appear in levelled lists, have ballistic weave, up to two legendaries, and many more things.
cons I guess: unless you know someone generous enough to make simple scripts like "add these keywords/attatch points to items" editing a lot of objects can be tedious.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49373/

IIRC, these still work fine.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

holy poo poo. all hail MV, cheers mate!

But referencing what I said Above, : only mad people who usually run around 240 mods and have merged a bunch of them into 1 esp, will benefit more from these, often you can just open something up in foddit adjust whatever, save, and carry on.

staberind fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 1, 2017

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Comedy mod of the day! POCKET SAND!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

For some reason the varmint rifle mod I installed has a consistent issue where, when I switch to the gun or mouse over it in the menu, the game hitches as it (presumably) loads the model.

None of my other mod weapons have this issue and I didn't have this issue when I used the rifle as part of the horizon pack, is there a known reason for this issue with mod weapons that I might be able to fix?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

SeanBeansShako posted:

Comedy mod of the day! POCKET SAND!

needs a sound effect of Dale saying "Hacha!" when you use it

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24578/

Pew pew, another energy handgun.

vvvv I like it with the musket as like a Minutemen sidearm. It's a similar kind of dumb!

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 2, 2017

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen and I want 20 of them.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Well, this is why I always used to stay away from these things. The latest version of the unofficial patch potentially has a bunch of bugs relating to trap disarming, food production and an introductory quest in far harbor, but arthmoor is being an arrogant jerk and refusing to admit there are any problems. I've only encountered the trap bug but still, now most traps are being triggered instead when disarmed and I ctd on some laser tripwire disarms. :(

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Oh drat, is it too late for my save to scrub it?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Davoren posted:

Well, this is why I always used to stay away from these things. The latest version of the unofficial patch potentially has a bunch of bugs relating to trap disarming, food production and an introductory quest in far harbor, but arthmoor is being an arrogant jerk and refusing to admit there are any problems. I've only encountered the trap bug but still, now most traps are being triggered instead when disarmed and I ctd on some laser tripwire disarms. :(

Yeah, had the same thing happen. Rolled back to 2.0 and the crashes are gone.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Sensenmann posted:

Yeah, had the same thing happen. Rolled back to 2.0 and the crashes are gone.

Can you upload a copy of 2.0.0 somewhere? I just updated to 2.0.1 from 1.0.6a for a re-roll :-(

I'm thinking about one of the environment overhauls: either ReGrowth or Dustbowl. Any thoughts about one over the other?

Catalyst-proof fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 2, 2017

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Is it safe to just straight up replace the latest one with the previous patch?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

horse mans posted:

Can you upload a copy of 2.0.0 somewhere? I just updated to 2.0.1 from 1.0.6a for a re-roll :-(

I'm thinking about one of the environment overhauls: either ReGrowth or Dustbowl. Any thoughts about one over the other?

Here you go.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=09157431783162775384

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Thanks!

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Davoren posted:

Is it safe to just straight up replace the latest one with the previous patch?

Not sure, it's perfectly safe to update so I figured why the hell not, rolled back, tested it and had no crashes or weird poo poo happening during those 2 hours. I've also rebuild my Mator patch and fixed the remaining errors with xEdit so if you're using xEdit, Wrye or Mator to fix errors, have fun doing that again. ;)

There's no guarantee that it will work but I'm guessing it all depends on how far you're along with the game and how many of the new/changed 2.01 scripts have already fired and are now baked into your save.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Oh yeah, about Regrowth or Dustbowl. Tried both, not a fan of either.

Regrowth is just too much and Dustbowl, well, let's just say that if you want to play Fallout in a desert like environment, play New Vegas.

They are both good for a short gimmick run but get boring, or tedious in the case of Regrowth because you can't see poo poo, really fast.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Sensenmann posted:

Oh yeah, about Regrowth or Dustbowl. Tried both, not a fan of either.

Regrowth is just too much and Dustbowl, well, let's just say that if you want to play Fallout in a desert like environment, play New Vegas.

They are both good for a short gimmick run but get boring, or tedious in the case of Regrowth because you can't see poo poo, really fast.

You could potentially just run Regrowth without its ESP and still get the model changes. Same goes for Commonwealth Conifers. You could also try Rustbelt Flora, which comes with a LOD.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

You could potentially just run Regrowth without its ESP and still get the model changes. Same goes for Commonwealth Conifers. You could also try Rustbelt Flora, which comes with a LOD.

I've tried that and Rustbelt but, honestly, just plop the Pilgrim ENB in your game and you are set. :)

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
I can't tell if you are serious or not? That ENB takes a really colourful game and sucks all the colour out of it? I mean, yikes.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Erd posted:

I can't tell if you are serious or not? That ENB takes a really colourful game and sucks all the colour out of it? I mean, yikes.

Generally speaking, that's ENBs.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Erd posted:

Yeah I really don't get this. I tried downloading Pilgrim to see what all the fuss was about and it was really just drab and boring. I guess if your idea of horror is improved with a desaturation filter more power to you.

The dynamic music system sounds real neat, though.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Somewhere on the Nexus is a dart gun, it shoots tiny plungers at everyone, but I can't find it now. Anyone know which one I mean?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Saint Sputnik posted:

Somewhere on the Nexus is a dart gun, it shoots tiny plungers at everyone, but I can't find it now. Anyone know which one I mean?

No, but I'm guessing there might only be one.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16280/

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I might use Pilgrim for my next Far Harbour run. It seems like it'd work best for Spooky Gothic Maine.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24349/

Do you ever wonder why you're cranking anything if the musket still needs ammo?

Well, now you don't need to, because it runs on cranks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Davoren posted:

Just started Far Harbor for the first time this week, and ran into repeated crashes when following Longfellow out of Far Harbor, luckily Google revealed UFO4P as the culprit pretty quickly.

As a workaround I was able to just disable UFO4P, finish that quest, then turn it back on.

For what it's worth, this specific bug/crash is reported on the project's bug tracker: https://bugtracker.iguanadons.net/index.php?do=details&task_id=22455