Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

mike tyson in his prime was a fraud who couldnt beat buster douglas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Mike Tyson Mysteries is a p funny show although there a few stinker episodes.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ostentatious posted:

mike tyson in his prime was a fraud who couldnt beat buster douglas

You really don't understand the concept of "in his prime" do you?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

BlindSite posted:

You really don't understand the concept of "in his prime" do you?

I understand it enough to know that mike tyson couldnt beat buster douglas while in it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

tyson had no idea how to box but was probably the most physically powerful boxer ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOHvMqAgcmc

i mean good loving god

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Mike Tyson was fat slow and Don King'd to poo poo when he lost to Douglas

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ostentatious posted:

michael jordan isnt more significant than tom brady

He is but that is because football doesn't relate to its stars in the way basketball does.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Mike Tyson has a legit claim to baddest dude to ever walk the planet

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean I don't know much about boxing, but I had always heard that Tyson was a fine worker and his punch is legendary, but once Cus D'Amato died and he fell fully into King he stopped trying to dodge and would just try to out clobber guys.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

tyson had no idea how to box but was probably the most physically powerful boxer ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOHvMqAgcmc

i mean good loving god

Lol wut? His use of doubling up to one side to uppercut through the blind angle and his use of a peekaboo guard to close distance is high level boxing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

It is a mission of Taking On Tyson to elevate the status of these animals, and it is a matter of Tyson's psychology to identify with them. "They're so much like people," he says, with feeling. "There's no one who can even match me, and it's the same way I feel about the birds," he boasts, somewhat touchingly. Here Tyson tells the story, not for the first time, of having raised pigeons as a kid back in horrible Brownsville, Brooklyn, and of getting into his first fight at the age of 10 "because the guy ripped the head off my pigeon." A pigeon is a dove, and this show is what it sounds like when doves cry.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

quote:

One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died. I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand - he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard."

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tyson woefully underrated trash talker as well. I'm gonna make you my girlfriend legendary line.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli get out of my head

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ehud how did your fight against mike tyson go

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Go Cavs

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Everything Mike Tyson says is gold, and if I were Cathloic I'd move to make him the Patron Saint of Every Imaginable Poor Life Decision. I love him so much

quote:

I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pyf Tyson quotes

quote:

I just have this thing inside me that wants to eat and conquer. Maybe it's egotistical, but I have it in me. I don't want to be a tycoon. I just want to conquer people and their souls.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dictate? How dat dictate?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

I think Ali is absolutely the most important athlete of the 20th century and solidified the role of athlete as social advocate, but I do not think he influenced the culture of sports as much as Jordan did.

You see a lot more athletes selling shoes than protesting wars

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ehud posted:

pyf Tyson quotes

Its always gonna be eating Lennox Lewis' children

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ehud posted:

pyf Tyson quotes

quote:

“I’m the best ever. I’m the most brutal, vicious, and most ruthless champion there’s ever been. There’s no one can stop me. Lennox (Lewis) is a conqueror? No. I’m Alexander. He’s no Alexander. I’m the best ever. There’s never been anybody as ruthless. I’m Sonny Liston. I’m Jack Dempsey. There’s no one like me. I’m from their cloth. There’s no one that can match me. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable. And I’m just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah.”

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

"I'll gently caress you til you love me human being! " is the best sentence ever uttered by a human being

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I loving love Tyson

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its always gonna be eating Lennox Lewis' children

Honestly I think his best one is "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Tyson owns. Also this finals is going to be loving amazing

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

Tyson owns. Also this finals is going to be loving amazing

I hope so. I want them to be. I think the Warriors are going to sweep.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

I hope so. I want them to be. I think the Warriors are going to sweep.

You think? I can't see Bron getting swept but I do think GS takes it. I have no real vested interest, just want a fun series. If this 1st quarter is any indication...wowza

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llIcg4CK86M

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

You think? I can't see Bron getting swept but I do think GS takes it. I have no real vested interest, just want a fun series. If this 1st quarter is any indication...wowza

I just think Golden State is too good. Offensively and defensively.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I just think Golden State is too good. Offensively and defensively.

This is going to be all star game levels of points. I think defense is going to be thrown out the window lol

Suuuuuuch a good 1st quarter. Makes up for the rest of the garbo playoffs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

This is going to be all star game levels of points. I think defense is going to be thrown out the window lol

Suuuuuuch a good 1st quarter. Makes up for the rest of the garbo playoffs.

I feel cheated out of watching Kawhi be amazing

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I feel cheated out of watching Kawhi be amazing

Kawhi owns, it sucks so bad that he got hurt.

Also, I can't wrap my head around it being the year 2017 and Richard Jefferson and Vince Carter are still playing professional basketball...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Giving Kevin Durant uncontested dunks is a sound strategy

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I had no idea norm mcdonald played a pigeon in the mike tyson cartoon

e. someday this new knowledge will be useful

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

I mean I don't know much about boxing, but I had always heard that Tyson was a fine worker and his punch is legendary, but once Cus D'Amato died and he fell fully into King he stopped trying to dodge and would just try to out clobber guys.

That was always my understanding too. Peak Tyson knew how to box and was just a terrifying human being.

Who in history vs. Tyson would have been the most insane puncher vs puncher deathmatch?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

I think you can make a pretty good argument for Big George Foreman here.

Also in best ever arguments I like to go with a starting lineup to avoid the positional stuff. Magic at point, Jordan at 2, Lebron at 3. I'd have to think about 4, man there are a few PFs I really like and i don't know which one to pick. I'd personally go with Kareem at center but I could understand people arguing for a few guys there too.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Who in history vs. Tyson would have been the most insane puncher vs puncher deathmatch?

Probably Tyson vs. Foreman

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sean10mm posted:

Bas Rutten v Mike Tyson

Rocky V style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Any time-machine having basketball superteam that doesn't have Manute Bol on it is a team I care nothing about.

• Locked thread