Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Tychus doesn't usually take the slow talent, does he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Tychus doesn't usually take the slow talent, does he?

Oops, it's been a while since I played Tychus, forgot that Overkill slow isn't baseline.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I prefer shifting sands. It's easier to use, can protect me, and help my team.

Killing someone for free helps your team.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

If I'm good I can just land the shots anyway (I'm not good and that's why I haven't learned the timing on the ult)

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
Both ults have their uses and I'm pretty sure both are also used in pro play. I always miss the kill pressure from loop when I take sands, but on the other hand being able to drop a massive area slow can be really amazing too.
As for learning the timing on the ult, a few minutes of practice in try mode are enough to get a feel for how it works. Mostly you want to W-Q the place they appear just after the hand on the clock-thing points straight down (1.5 seconds left).

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Semper Fudge posted:

Is Malthael the first hero without a master skin? Had the feeling those might get the kibosh sooner rather than later.

He has one on the hero page. None of the master skins are called master skins anymore.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Y'know, when I first saw Tyrael in D2 I thought "wow what a cool and unique take on a traditional angel design." Now that there's three nearly-identical ones running around, it seems like they could stand to differentiate them a little more.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Same

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Tyrael skin where he's a burning wheel with 10,000 eyes please.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Or one where he's just a big dude.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Kai Tave posted:

Tyrael skin where he's a burning wheel with 10,000 eyes please.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

He has one on the hero page. None of the master skins are called master skins anymore.

The Grave Keeper one? That's just the launch alternate. He meant the usual "we've tweaked the shoulderpads/helmet a little" skins they used to poo poo out as "free skins if you just spend gold" from when the real skins could only be purchased with money.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bogart posted:

But the better ult for Chromie is Shifting Sands, isn't it? Insert on choke/shrine/fort space between towers, taps, and forts, shoot sands, get kills.

If they have cleanse yeah; if no cleanse, then ehhhh, I can go either way, especially if there's someone that Needs To Get Deleted.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
If you have someone else on your team with another really good zoning/area denial skill to go with Shifting Sands, you can completely shut off some objectives so the other team has to engage at a huge disadvantage if they want to contest the objective.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I guess malth would be a decent option if people draft double warrior and ban tychus. He might be good on heavy creep maps where you can get good sustain off his slow heal by spreading his trait around, so he gets stronger on the push.

Shifting sands is really good on objective heavy maps. On more open maps you should probably not pick it, though.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
I can't disagree with you guys more on Kael'Thas. To say if you can't do convection you should use him is absurd. Just go with the spell power boost one or the globes if you're on a good map for it. Fan goes over the build here: https://youtu.be/CSNSiVgc9zs

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah. It's about opportunity cost. Spell Power Boost makes everything beefier, throughout the game, whereas Convection is a very big IF, and even IF you should manage to finish the quest, it's only affecting the endgame. I'd rather have 4% basic abilities throughout the game, not beefy as poo poo Flamestrikes at the end game.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Luminous Cow posted:

I can't disagree with you guys more on Kael'Thas. To say if you can't do convection you should use him is absurd. Just go with the spell power boost one or the globes if you're on a good map for it. Fan goes over the build here: https://youtu.be/CSNSiVgc9zs

They said if you can't stay alive well enough to complete convection, you shouldn't use Kael. This is correct. Kael is squishy, long-range, has 1 skillshot stun for an escape, and 0 sustain. Staying alive is your #1 priority. Doing that requires a minimum level of awareness and a certain reaction time. If you don't have that level of skill, you should absolutely be using someone more durable or with a more reliable escape. It doesn't matter what map you are on or what your comp is. If you are dying 3-4 times before level 10 and it didn't involve a complete wipe of the other team to take an objective, then you shouldn't be playing Kael.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Toshimo posted:

They said if you can't stay alive well enough to complete convection, you shouldn't use Kael. This is correct. Kael is squishy, long-range, has 1 skillshot stun for an escape, and 0 sustain. Staying alive is your #1 priority. Doing that requires a minimum level of awareness and a certain reaction time. If you don't have that level of skill, you should absolutely be using someone more durable or with a more reliable escape. It doesn't matter what map you are on or what your comp is. If you are dying 3-4 times before level 10 and it didn't involve a complete wipe of the other team to take an objective, then you shouldn't be playing Kael.

I have no idea what amount of death is considered feeding. I usually end a KT game with 2-3 deaths, unless the game is an absolute mismatch in skill or something.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Messing around with heroes I haven't played yet, and I learned Kerrigan has TWO categories of Succubus skins. This game is horny.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

His name is Karl, and he is very mad that Ragnaros stole his meatball spell. :colbert:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Toshimo posted:

you should definitely not learn how to play a hero. be a master, or gently caress off scrub

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Looks like Thrall changes are incoming with the patch/PTR

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/kloctus/

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
He's been banned already, too!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Midnightghoul posted:

Looks like Thrall changes are incoming with the patch/PTR

A couple of other character pages just got updated too.

Thrall - Chain lightning now bounces 3 times.

Frostwolf resilience heals for 30% less

Malfurion - Regrowth heals about 8% less

Lost Vikings - Spin to win does about 10% more damage.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

If I'm good I can just land the shots anyway (I'm not good and that's why I haven't learned the timing on the ult)

W on 6 o'clock for Loop :eng101:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Toshimo posted:

You don't have to die 3-4 times, you only have to die once and it's not always under your control. Especially when not every player is 100% MLG PRO AS gently caress like you obviously are. Oh wait, it's Toshimo.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Tassadar's lifesteal is broken as gently caress. Tell your friends.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

No he doesn't. Master Skins (or "Master" skins) are very clearly Base Skin + Extra poo poo Glued On. That's an entirely new model.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If Malthael is the Aspect of Death, then what subtitle is Deathwing going to get? :ohdear:

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The Destroyer, I'd imagine. Maybe The Worldbreaker, since he'd probably be based on Cataclysm Deathwing.

Or perhaps POWER INCARNATE as per his Hearthstone card.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SirSamVimes posted:

If Malthael is the Aspect of Death, then what subtitle is Deathwing going to get? :ohdear:

If they add in Deathwing and/or Kel'thuzad, I really really hope they both get a "Lil" skin like Ragnaros did

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

They'll never add Deathwing.

Instead, we'll get a new map, the Spine of Deathwing. Picking Thrall is an instant win.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is laser build Azmo viable? I loving hate farming dunk stacks

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

SirSamVimes posted:

"Sir Not-appearing-in-this-game"

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Deathwing, much like Ridley, is too big to smash.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

banned from Starbucks posted:

If you want to dunk without farming stacks, just go Sieging Wrath.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Maybe Deathwing's Spine will be the next map. Every so often it rolls over so you have to get to a certain spot to hang on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

banned from Starbucks posted:

It's better in my opinion. It's really good at zoning people out of team fights if not out right killing anyone without great mobility. Trashes objectives. Trashes buildings. You still take the 16 and 20 D talents and you can take army at 10 to improve your push