Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I can make the finals gdt but I haven't made any in years and oh gosh I'm so nervous what if I mess it up :ohdear:

I believe in you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Same

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Assembling my snacks beverages and drugs

- Cherry 7Up diet
- sliced mangos and some apple chips and some ice cream
- Confidential Cheese

finished this bowl of blueberries and man is working on the 3rd heineken. im ready

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I can make the finals gdt but I haven't made any in years and oh gosh I'm so nervous what if I mess it up :ohdear:

just make it with a poo poo post icon and empty OP to match the quality of the finals.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
It's up https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822458

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
k this can go in the udder thread now

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Ammanas posted:

You should stop being at work

Yea I'd like to be but I'm in Australia and posting from the future

Its 10.30am Friday here :(

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

you betrayed that dudes faith in you smh

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

BoonyPC posted:

Yea I'd like to be but I'm in Australia and posting from the future

Its 10.30am Friday here :(

You're taking a long rear end lunch break today bud :)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/memgrizz/status/870372158689517568

Memphis (Side) Hustle

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/Liberty_Ballers/status/870439952173211648

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Artic Puma posted:

Malcom X wasn't a ginger. lol

You'll never recover from this you noob get in the noob chair for scornings \_

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rip Klay.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Dexo posted:

Rip Klay.

this is somehow worse than taking a video upright

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Let's compile a list of poo poo for KD hatefuel.

I'll start,

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 2, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Artic Puma posted:

Malcom X wasn't a ginger. lol

His nickname was literally "Detroit Red" because of his complexion and hair

http://haircolorideas.org/wp-content/uploads/parser/malcolm-x-hair-color-10.jpg

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

sometimes i forget how insane karl malone's physique is, we need to get that guy on top of having some more illegitimate children. like, a lot of them. we put horses out to stud, why not retired pro athletes?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/shoes-star-wearing-nba-finals-including-new-curry-4-015725152.html
Do you think Lebrons shoes are always covered in velcro and ratchet straps because his mangled toes have receeded into his feet, and can't spread out and hold the foot in place?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Noctone posted:

sometimes i forget how insane karl malone's physique is, we need to get that guy on top of having some more illegitimate children. like, a lot of them. we put horses out to stud, why not retired pro athletes?

They could always just point him in the direction of a junior high school in Mexico.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/shoes-star-wearing-nba-finals-including-new-curry-4-015725152.html
Do you think Lebrons shoes are always covered in velcro and ratchet straps because his mangled toes have receeded into his feet, and can't spread out and hold the foot in place?

quote:

Styled by Nike Basketball senior designer Darien Birks, the logo celebrates Love’s late-game defensive stops in last year’s Finals, while also paying homage to growing up just outside Portland, Oregon.

That defensive stop on curry got love his own shoe

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
How will the NBA guarantee that another KD joining GSW never happens again?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Lessail posted:

The cap won't make a huge jump like that anytime soon. A combination of that and your 2x MVP making a fraction of a Max Salary should be pretty uncommon.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I don't want uncommon, I want never again.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Friendly reminder to everyone that no team that has lost game 1 of the finals has gone on to win a game in the series ever

Now you are free to commence your hot takes

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Harry Giles is becoming great after being drafted some already good team will have everyone furious, could be a KD ish situation. the next KD free agent situation I imagine will have a player who's eligible for the super duper max leaving for a good team with normal max cap room.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

EMC posted:

Friendly reminder to everyone that no team that has lost game 1 of the finals has gone on to win a game in the series ever

That isn't possible.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

EMC posted:

If that's the case, the Cavs should have taken it a bit more seriously.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Lessail posted:

what could they do?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Is Kevin Durant the greatest player in NBA finals history never to be game planned against?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Literally nothing will stop super teams because then you just do what Cleveland does and trade for your guy.

Also a reminder that the entire point of the CBA back in like 2012 was supposed to stop superteams like the Heat.

And the end result of both attempts end up hurting smaller teams than actually affecting the superteams. Portland is going to pay a billion dollars because of GSW.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Dutchy posted:

what could they do?

Hard quota on max contracts

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Lessail posted:

The National Hockey League has a hard salary cap; if your 23-man roster is over the cap for a particular game the opposing team can invoke your forfeit (but are curiously not required to). There's probably a lot of back-and-forth with the minor leagues and the NHL itself to get the team under the cap by the time 20-man rosters lock before the game, though, because the NHL is pathologically penny-wise even by pro sports standards and doesn't even want to lose one game's revenue.

Then again they also have stuff like a player's average contract-season value instead of actual season pay being used to determine cap hit, and would rather do a bunch of rules-lawyering than the sensible thing.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
I think it's nice to see KD scoring all these points and kicking rear end in the finals. He looks really comfortable without all the Westbrooking getting in the way.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

dont be mean to me posted:

The National Hockey League has a hard salary cap; if your 23-man roster is over the cap for a particular game the opposing team can invoke your forfeit (but are curiously not required to). There's probably a lot of back-and-forth with the minor leagues and the NHL itself to get the team under the cap by the time 20-man rosters lock before the game, though, because the NHL is pathologically penny-wise even by pro sports standards and doesn't even want to lose one game's revenue.

Then again they also have stuff like a player's average contract-season value instead of actual season pay being used to determine cap hit, and would rather do a bunch of rules-lawyering than the sensible thing.

okay but what about a good sport???

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/jeskeets/status/870485251612692480

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ammanas posted:

Hard quota on max contracts

The Warriors only have a single max contract right now.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lessail posted:

The NBA will do nothing because the GSW are really popular and will only become more popular as they continue to win. More people will watch them, both as fans and as haters hoping to see them lose. In the end, the NBA makes more money. they have no incentive to break them up or prevent future super teams.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

are you a brown enough dude to think steph curry looks like a dork??? what a question

black but sure im a dork, thats why i post on something awful

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Kibner posted:

The Warriors only have a single max contract right now.

Yes which makes the whining about gsw ridiculous. They've got like 1 or 2 more years before they make hard choices and this dominance is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Tae posted:

Literally nothing will stop super teams because then you just do what Cleveland does and trade for your guy.

Also a reminder that the entire point of the CBA back in like 2012 was supposed to stop superteams like the Heat.

And the end result of both attempts end up hurting smaller teams than actually affecting the superteams. Portland is going to pay a billion dollars because of GSW.

i agree with the overall point but you can't do what golden state has done through trades. really you cant replicate it at all cause it involves 3 max level dudes on big discounts and a top level free agent and a unprecedented cap hike. making rules to fit that corner case would be dumb as hell

• Locked thread