Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Arcsquad12 posted:

I thought that was the helicopter.

That was the joke, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Oberleutnant posted:

Every time on HiTB. Jay is such a timid little sub. I wanna punish his bhole.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

vermin posted:

I'm the fat incompetent senator that hangs himself

I take that back. I'm president of the bank.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yug posted:

I don't think it should be controversial to dislike bad movies.

it is in cinema discusso.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I'm the mic stands that are not black pvc t-junctions.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
They didn't do Pirates, but I'm sure they'll do a HitB for Wonder Woman because they're hack frauds that love clickbait reviews and never miss a comic book movie.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Why would they review pirates
Who thought that movie would be good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not one person who I respect has said WW was bad and they all despised BVS Dodge so I'm gonna go see this one.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

They didn't do Pirates, but I'm sure they'll do a HitB for Wonder Woman because they're hack frauds that love clickbait reviews and never miss a comic book movie.

They also hate women, I've heard.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Paladinus posted:

They also hate women, I've heard.

Unsurprising if true.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
The RLM consensus will be that its better than the other DCEU movies, but that that isn't saying much and its a fairly average movie at the end of the day, and that it doesn't really deserve its high RT score.

Jay will be most positive, Mike will be middling to negative and Rich won't like it.

They won't review pirates because nobody cares.

PM me for more hot takes on what RLM will think about stuff. Topics include Justice League, Star Wars VIII, The British General Election of 2017 and AIIIIIIIIDDDDDDSSSSSS.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 2, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Even if WW is good I still doubt I'll see it. Everything else in the DC film franchise has been awful, and I haven't watched any of them so why start now?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

khwarezm posted:

PM me for more hot takes on what RLM will think about stuff. Topics include Justice League, Star Wars VIII, The British General Election of 2017 and AIIIIIIIIDDDDDDSSSSSS.

What do you think RLM will say about the Spider-Man reboot? Not the one coming out this year but the one coming out in 2021?

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wonder woman may be good or bad or mediocre but i honestly dont really care. I dont care about the spider-man movie or justice league movie. I havent seen Logan, Doctor strange, Suicide Squad, XMen APocalypse or Batman V Superman because i just didnt want to and still dont, regardless of reviews. I saw Captain America Civil War and thought it was okay but forgettable, and when i tried to watch it on Netflix i got bored and turned it off. I saw Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 and liked it because it was unlike a typical superhero movie and more like a crazy space opera. Thor Ragnarok looks similar so i might check it out. But as for the 'typical" superhero movies, i'm just not interested enough to actually seek them out on my own. I'm more interested in the Valerian movie.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Logan is not a typical super hero movie and its pretty good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Logan currently is my favorite movie of the year.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe Logan is loving awesome but i'll never know because i dont give a poo poo.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Blue Star posted:

Maybe Logan is loving awesome but i'll never know because i dont give a poo poo.

I dont even own a movie theatre. :smug:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Thank loving christ for Tim Berners-Lee. Without him I'd just have to shout out my window at strangers about all the pop culture I just don't give a poo poo about.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Blue Star posted:

It has titties.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Blue Star posted:

Wonder woman may be good or bad or mediocre but i honestly dont really care. I dont care about the spider-man movie or justice league movie. I havent seen Logan, Doctor strange, Suicide Squad, XMen APocalypse or Batman V Superman because i just didnt want to and still dont, regardless of reviews. I saw Captain America Civil War and thought it was okay but forgettable, and when i tried to watch it on Netflix i got bored and turned it off. I saw Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 and liked it because it was unlike a typical superhero movie and more like a crazy space opera. Thor Ragnarok looks similar so i might check it out. But as for the 'typical" superhero movies, i'm just not interested enough to actually seek them out on my own. I'm more interested in the Valerian movie.

Almost exactly the same here. I've only seen the comic book movies I have because I live with a man, basically. A couple - Suicide Squad and BvS - I half-watched on cable just to see how bad they were (very), but otherwise the only one of these movies I've actually wanted to see on my own and looked forward to has been Guardians 1 and 2 and the new Thor.

HOWEVER, I get the appeal as they're generally a pleasant time at the movies, so I'm not putting anyone down for watching them - just for getting super worked up about them.

Also, I don't know if you're interested but, I'm playing that Guardians Telltale game and I know that it has been decreed that Telltale games are for idiots (and yes, they're deeply flawed) but if you're just looking for some light fun entertainment, this one has been a good time so far and has some of the same feel of the movies.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Logan was ok

i liked all 3 main actors in it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I just saw Guardians 2 last week and was blown away with how good it was. The visual design was amazing, and such a contrast to the normal muted color bullshit we normally see.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

I liked the part when Gamora revealed she had a penis and Star Lord freaked out about it

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

HoAssHo posted:

Almost exactly the same here. I've only seen the comic book movies I have because I live with a man, basically. A couple - Suicide Squad and BvS - I half-watched on cable just to see how bad they were (very), but otherwise the only one of these movies I've actually wanted to see on my own and looked forward to has been Guardians 1 and 2 and the new Thor.

HOWEVER, I get the appeal as they're generally a pleasant time at the movies, so I'm not putting anyone down for watching them - just for getting super worked up about them.

Also, I don't know if you're interested but, I'm playing that Guardians Telltale game and I know that it has been decreed that Telltale games are for idiots (and yes, they're deeply flawed) but if you're just looking for some light fun entertainment, this one has been a good time so far and has some of the same feel of the movies.

I'm in kind oif the same situation. I have pretty much zero interest in comic book movies, the last one I saw was Thor 2, which I saw on an airplane and remember very little of except evil elves, Stellan Skarsgaard and that lady with big boobs. I think the only other Marvel movie I've seen is Iron Man 1 years ago (I don't think the X-Men movies years back are Marvel, are they?). And I haven't seen any of the DC movies since Nolan's Batmen. Basically none of my friends are interested in comic book movies either so when we actually go to the theater it is never to see any of those movies (also going to the cinema is way too loving expensive these days to be worth it unless there's a movie you really want to actually see)

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

WampaLord posted:

I just saw Guardians 2 last week and was blown away with how good it was. The visual design was amazing, and such a contrast to the normal muted color bullshit we normally see.

It really reminded me of that Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie that came out ages ago

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Youre wrong

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Yeah I though the first one sucked, tried way too hard to be Quirky Avengers but the second one was very good.
Having Kurt Russell was a huge bonus

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
John Wick: Chapter 2 is clearly the movie of 2017. I can't think of any other movie that can reach that level of fist pumping action with great camera work, attention to detail layered with world building, dark humour and chock-full of themes with a body count that makes Rambo blush. Then throw in Keanu Reeves who absolutely works his rear end off to elevate the movie even more.

It's a near perfect film like John Wick the first.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah I though the first one sucked, tried way too hard to be Quirky Avengers but the second one was very good.

michael rooker owned as well

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I was a little worried at first that the only joke they had was "Drax says something hurtful then laughs loudly" but thankfully they moved past that.

Whorelord posted:

I legit got choked up at the Ravager reunion scene.

My one problem is the "Welcome to the freaking Guardians of the Galaxy" line. It's a PG-13 movie, you get one non-sexual use of "gently caress," that would have been the perfect moment. I have to believe that the MPAA made them change it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Whorelord posted:

Yeah he was excellent, best part of the film

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Michael Rooker has always been awesome.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

oohhboy posted:

John Wick: Chapter 2 is clearly the movie of 2017. I can't think of any other movie that can reach that level of fist pumping action with great camera work, attention to detail layered with world building, dark humour and chock-full of themes with a body count that makes Rambo blush. Then throw in Keanu Reeves who absolutely works his rear end off to elevate the movie even more.

It's a near perfect film like John Wick the first.

I did not like it as much as I liked the first, but it was still a fun film that I would recommend to people.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Michael Rooker has always owned in any role he's taken seriously

He just rarely gets big roles

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

FrensaGeran posted:

Thank loving christ for Tim Berners-Lee. Without him I'd just have to shout out my window at strangers about all the pop culture I just don't give a poo poo about.

My frand u can do both!!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So I should watch Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer then?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

So I should watch Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer then?

Aww man thAts a great movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Think of it as a prequel to Mr Plinkett, or at least in the same cinematic universe.

• Locked thread