Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Still waiting on the vinyl, Trent!

I forgot about all that vinyl I ordered last year and mixed a hoodie in there too, I wonder if I'll even get that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Obsurveyor posted:

I forgot about all that vinyl I ordered last year and mixed a hoodie in there too, I wonder if I'll even get that.
I wanted to get a medium logo zip-up hoodie because my small was too small, but they were sold out of that size for months, and I went to check again and now the online store just says this:

quote:

ONLINE STORE UPDATE
WE ARE FIXING A PROBLEM THAT CLEARLY NEEDS FIXING.
THE NIN.COM STORE IS IN TRANSITION AND TEMPORARILY NOT ACCEPTING NEW ORDERS.
WE WILL BE BACK ONLINE IN EARLY JUNE, NEW AND IMPROVED.
CUSTOMERS WITH OPEN ORDERS WILL RECEIVE UPDATES SHORTLY. ALL OUTSTANDING ORDERS WILL BE PROCESSED.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I wanted to get a medium logo zip-up hoodie because my small was too small, but they were sold out of that size for months, and I went to check again and now the online store just says this:

Glad I went a size up on the hoodie(I like 'em loose and cozy because I only wear them in the winter when I'm lounging around). I wonder what the problem is. I knew I wouldn't get the hoodie until the vinyl shipped because they said they would ship when everything was available. I hope that means they set it aside but who knows now that it's been so long.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The vinyl is never coming. I've accepted this.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I'm looking forward to delivering you, finally.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the black powder that everyone got as the physical component a few months ago was all the vinyl copies ground to a fine dust.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It might just be something you can never have. Hell, maybe the original offer was all just a terrible lie? :iiam:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

polyester concept posted:

the black powder that everyone got as the physical component a few months ago was all the vinyl copies ground to a fine dust.

Ooh, the extra couple micrograms I have in mine is probably my hoodie too. :(

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Obsurveyor posted:

Ooh, the extra couple micrograms I have in mine is probably my hoodie too. :(

You might be able to pull a 5-second clip off an x-ray of my lungs after tearing open the package without fully reading the label

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Kelp Me! posted:

You might be able to pull a 5-second clip off an x-ray of my lungs after tearing open the package without fully reading the label

Decisions, descisions: Sprinkle on platter and try to play it on a record player or rub it all over my body and see how warm it keeps me this coming winter.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Obsurveyor posted:

Decisions, descisions: Sprinkle on platter and try to play it on a record player or rub it all over my body and see how warm it keeps me this coming winter.

The 2nd option, but film it and it'll be the music video for the next single

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Kelp Me! posted:

The 2nd option, but film it and it'll be the music video for the next single

Trent beat me to it with the '94 Woodstock concert

troll for dollars
Jan 10, 2005

Call Me Charlie posted:

Just saw Trent and Atticus in PBS Previews: The Vietnam War. It's not a long appearance but the whole special is worth a watch.

http://www.pbs.org/video/3001104790/

Ken Burns came to town a few weeks back to show some clips of this and the music composed for the introduction is incredible.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Update on the vinyl pre-orders, though everyone who placed an order should have received this email.

However, some important info for everyone in the very last paragraph.

quote:

DEAR NIN.COM VINYL CUSTOMER,

TWO APOLOGIES, A STATEMENT, AND A QUESTION.

APOLOGY 1:
FIRST, AS SOME OF YOU MAY KNOW WE ARE CHANGING OUR FULFILLMENT PARTNER. I HAVE NOT BEEN HAPPY WITH FIREBRAND FOR A VARIETY OF REASONS AND WE ARE NOW PARTNERING WITH SANDBAG. I’M SORRY IT’S TAKEN AS LONG AS IT HAS TO MAKE THIS CHANGE, AND I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY AGGRAVATION YOU MAY HAVE EXPERIENCED ON THIS FRONT. YOUR SUPPORT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED AND I ASSURE YOU THERE’S BEEN AN EXTRAORDINARY AMOUNT OF SCREAMING DONE ON MY END. YOU DESERVE BETTER.

APOLOGY 2:
THE VINYL RELEASES FOR DEVIATIONS, NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS AND THE REISSUES HAVE BEEN DELAYED AS MANY OF YOU ARE AWARE. THE BLAME FOR THIS LIES WITH ME AND MY TEAM. WE RAN INTO A VARIETY OF QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES WITH THE AUDIO AND VARIOUS ASPECTS OF THE ARTWORK, THEN WE GOT OBSESSIVE ABOUT GETTING IT RIGHT. AT SOME POINT THESE FUCKUPS STARTED TO ADD UP TO A SUBSTANTIAL DELAY THAT I WASN’T FULLY AWARE OF UNTIL RECENTLY.

AGAIN, I’M SORRY FOR THE DELAY HERE BUT THE INTENTION HAS BEEN TO GET THIS UNCOMPROMISINGLY RIGHT.

HERE’S THE UPDATED, ACCURATE (BARRING AN ACT OF GOD) TIMELINE FOR SHIPPING:

* DEVIATIONS WILL SHIP AT THE END OF JUNE
* ALL OTHER TITLES WILL SHIP AT THE BEGINNING OF AUGUST

IF YOU HAVE ORDERED ANY OF THESE TITLES, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN YOUR ORDER HAS SHIPPED.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COMPLETE REFUND (KEEPING THE DIGITAL FILES), WE GET IT - CLICK HERE

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ORDER, OR WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT SANDBAG CUSTOMER SERVICE – CLICK HERE

ADDITIONALLY, EVERYONE WITH AN OUTSTANDING VINYL ORDER WILL RECEIVE A DISCOUNT CODE FOR 20% OFF YOUR NEXT PURCHASE. THIS CODE IS GOOD FOR ONE USE AND UNIQUE TO YOU. YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR CODE VIA EMAIL IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

STATEMENT:
WE ARE TAKING ALL MEASURES AVAILABLE TO MAKE SURE ANY PREORDERS FROM NIN.COM ARRIVE IN YOUR HANDS BEFORE THEY ARE AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE. I KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS WHEN THIS ISN’T THE CASE (LIKE WHAT JUST HAPPENED WITH BEFORE THE FLOOD). I ASSUMED WE ALREADY HAD THIS PRACTICE IN PLACE, I WAS INCORRECT.

QUESTION:
FINALLY, DID YOU KNOW THERE’S A NEW TOP-SECRET NINE INCH NAILS EP THAT WILL BE RELEASED BEFORE THE FIRST SHOWS WE DO THIS SUMMER? DID YOU KNOW NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS WAS THE FIRST PART OF A TRILOGY OF RELATED EPS THAT WILL BE RELEASED ABOUT 6-8 MONTHS APART? NOW YOU DO.
MORE INFORMATION ON THIS SHORTLY…

THANK YOU.
TRENT

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

polyester concept posted:

Update on the vinyl pre-orders, though everyone who placed an order should have received this email.

However, some important info for everyone in the very last paragraph.

:eyepop: gently caress yes

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Just read my email and hot drat :woop:

EDIT: So when is the first NIN concert this year? Some quick googling indicates July 21st. Unless what I'm seeing are not the actual events :v:

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 5, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I am loving hype

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I cannot wait for another EP for all the fans to get hyped about and then trash when it finally comes out

NTAE was good yo :colbert:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

2 more EPs to come?! Oh baby :circlefap:

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
I mean, lol at Trent trying to blame any of this poo poo on Firebrand.

If they had given Firebrand the products, Firebrand would have fulfilled the orders.

NIN went ahead and racked up probably hundreds of thousands of dollars back in December, and then have been dragging rear end to get the loving albums manufactured. It does not take 8 loving months to press a 12".

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Kelp Me! posted:

I cannot wait for another EP for all the fans to get hyped about and then trash when it finally comes out

I still think it's probably his least interesting work ever. That said, it's not bad.

Purest Feeling was better.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
WHY IS TRENT YELLING AT ME :saddowns:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Kelp Me! posted:

TR's work always takes a bit to digest. Any opinions on initial listens aren't entirely valid. It's when you comer back a month or three later that his good stuff truly reveals itself to you.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

chime_on posted:

If they had given Firebrand the products, Firebrand would have fulfilled the orders.

NIN went ahead and racked up probably hundreds of thousands of dollars back in December, and then have been dragging rear end to get the loving albums manufactured. It does not take 8 loving months to press a 12".

Depending where he's pressing and the plant's backlog, any audio delays could add up to a month or so. If there have been issues that have cropped up on that and art (when most pressing plants handle both) they'd stack up, and plants can't just defer their entire business for stuff ups that aren't their own, and from what Trent says it's been issues with the source files, not bad test presses or anything so yeah, it really easily could add up. Add into that the fact that the people involved to help fix those things aren't necessarily going to be just Trent himself and may have other work on hand, deadlines can slip by real fast.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah. He tried to save the shelf date, but the shelf kept slipping away.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sir Lemming posted:

Oh my :golfclap:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sir Lemming posted:

:golfclap:

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://store-uk.nin.com/collections/music/products/quake-ost-1xlp

Oh man.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

If only that came with a remake of the game I'd be -real- pumped.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Excuse my ignorance, what's The Definitive Broken? And why is it LP + EP?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

algebra testes posted:

Excuse my ignorance, what's The Definitive Broken? And why is it LP + EP?

What are you asking that isn't answered by the description?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Isn't he just calling all of the new reissues "definitive"? I guess they are newly remastered too, but I don't think he's promising any massive differences.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Obsurveyor posted:

What are you asking that isn't answered by the description?

Sorry, I didn't see the tiny + on my screen that answered all my questions :negative:

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

We thought we'd base our civilization upon yours, 'cause you're the smartest animals on earth, now ain't you?

chime_on posted:

I thought it was strange that the Deviations release was billed as a "one time only, once they're gone they're gone" release and that they either 1) hadn't sold out of them by the time June rolled around or 2) hadn't pressed anything yet and were still taking orders to get to a target number. I ordered mine the day they were announced figuring it would be sold out within hours.

If there is a problem that goes all the way back to the source audio, it wouldn't necessarily be detected until listening to a test pressing (after all, the people cutting your record don't know what it's "supposed" to sound like). So you have to recut the lacquers (1-2 weeks depending on who does it), have the stampers electroplated (up to four weeks from receiving the lacquers), and then have the plant press up some tests (anyone's guess depending on how busy the plant is, as someone mentioned). Multiply it by 4 for a 4xLP release and it gets ugly, especially if the problem is not with any one of those independent steps but actually does go back to the source file (which means it's their fault for not triple-checking their files before sending them off to the cutting engineer!).

I'm about 12 weeks into a single LP pressing. I know my stampers have been sitting at the plant since the end of April since I've tracked them, and though it's endlessly frustrating to have to wait, my tests are finally scheduled for delivery this Thursday. They better be perfect.

Also, some record label 101 knowledge: don't announce a release date (or even a pre-order) until you have listened to the tests and given the plant the go-ahead. It's going to be 4 more weeks of waiting from that point, usually, and if you announce before listening and there IS a problem, voila, this is what happens.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Call Me Charlie posted:

One of the producers made a really funny comment where she said she went to see The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and spent most of the time just listening to the amazing music (implied) because the movie was terrible.

eh, personally I often just end up focusing on the music in movies even if the movie is pretty good.

that said I only made it about halfway through Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, not that I thought it was terrible but I'd already read the book and seen the Swedish movie version, and Fincher's version didn't seem to be doing anything new or different with it other than a better soundtrack.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

I'll be happy to get real, non-fan-made titles for those tracks, heh heh.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

My Twitter Account posted:

I'll be happy to get real, non-fan-made titles for those tracks, heh heh.

I hope he leaves them untitled. :cheeky:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
1 Quake I
2 Quake I

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Earwicker posted:

eh, personally I often just end up focusing on the music in movies even if the movie is pretty good.

that said I only made it about halfway through Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, not that I thought it was terrible but I'd already read the book and seen the Swedish movie version, and Fincher's version didn't seem to be doing anything new or different with it other than a better soundtrack.

Just as an aside, I never saw either movie, but I read the book and for the life of me I can't understand why it's an international megahit when it's literally some James Patterson-level generic murder mystery garbage. I recall the ending being particularly stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Kelp Me! posted:

Just as an aside, I never saw either movie, but I read the book and for the life of me I can't understand why it's an international megahit when it's literally some James Patterson-level generic murder mystery garbage.

lol your question kind of answers itself, James Patterson is hugely popular, he shits out a generic "co-written" book literally every other month and every single one of them hits the top 5 on the bestseller list, often #1.

I thought the first book of the Stieg Larsson series was pretty good as far as typical closed-room mysteries go, the other two got increasingly outlandish but at the time I read them I had thrown my back out and was stuck on a couch and they were decent enough entertainment to get me through