Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't know what it is about this game but I just don't care about winning.
I'm having a ton of fun. Obviously this is a good game but it never occurs to me that I need to make a whole-game strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Texas I think, when you're making your money as a streamer it's probably best to live where property value is the lowest since you live at home.

No state income tax helps a lot as well.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Inzombiac posted:

I'm having a ton of fun. Obviously this is a good game but it never occurs to me that I need to make a whole-game strategy.

P much. The question is always, 'how do I get to the next circle while killing everyone in my path?'

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
They can't be throttling him that much if he's streaming at 60 FPS, the bandwidth difference between that and 1080/30 is marginal.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

It's about 3.5mbps at 720 or 6 mbps at 1080 so he's probably limited to 5 or so.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

3 members of my group crashed.

I put them down painlessly *CLANG* and took all their stuff and set off with 500 rounds of 5.56, a silencer, a loaded SCAR, and a dream.

I snuck up behind a guy with an AWP.

And I crashed.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Deviant posted:

3 members of my group crashed.

I put them down painlessly *CLANG* and took all their stuff and set off with 500 rounds of 5.56, a silencer, a loaded SCAR, and a dream.

I snuck up behind a guy with an AWP.

And I crashed.

wish I had the awp guys reaction to turning around and finding you just standing there

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I'm also seeing that multi-second freeze, almost every time during the plane ride. Really bad when I've decided on a chute target and completely miss the window because the game is frozen when I want to jump.

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?
Just finished the best Duo game of my life, dropped at school, went to apartments, and the circle finished up at Rozhok. Poached a couple loot goblins and helped myself to an M24 which I then used to dominate a bunch of dudes.. :feelsgood:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Can we stop with the "chicken dinner" posts? It's super exciting and fun to win but Not Good Posting TM and they're literally all just some variation of "I jumped out of a plane and looted/ maybe shot mans and it was very tense at the end" with a boring screenshot.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

causticBeet posted:

Can we stop with the "chicken dinner" posts? It's super exciting and fun to win but Not Good Posting TM and they're literally all just some variation of "I jumped out of a plane and looted/ maybe shot mans and it was very tense at the end" with a boring screenshot.

You are correct that they are boring but you are incorrect if you think they will ever stop, or that the topic switch would necessarily be an improvement.

*Cue topic change to a bunch of words about some dipshit streamer and how many subs he has*

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

causticBeet posted:

Yah can we please all stop sharing our experiences playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds in the PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds thread, tia

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Let's go back to talking about how cooking/scavenging food items should be added.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Good soup! posted:

Yah can we please all stop sharing our experiences playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds in the PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds thread, tia

Can't properly enjoy chicken without a little salt for flavor.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
post your wins if you got em

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
I just bought this game and jumped into a solo match immediately; I got kinda far and then died because I jumped out of the buggy too early.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

OdinsBeard posted:

I just bought this game and jumped into a solo match immediately; I got kinda far and then died because I jumped out of the buggy too early.

This is exactly how my first game ended too. :sigh:

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

explosivo posted:

This is exactly how my first game ended too. :sigh:

:hfive:

This game is fun, though

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I was doing a little research while trying to set up OBS, and all of the guides said 1080 doesn't look any better than 720 on Twitch, so its probably that. That said, obviously a guy making money to stream games is gonna play on a monitor greater than 1080.

Also, a lot of people are unaware of the lobby game. It's an important part of setting yourself up for a good game. The best ways to dominating the lobby game involve blocking people from jumping onto your shipping container, and setting people on fire right before they load onto the plan. The newest lobby game is saying "Hey guys, my game crashed, back out to lobby" on in-game chat and see how many players drop.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 2, 2017

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

causticBeet posted:

haha "shot mans". It's funny because that's how a five year old would talk.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://clips.twitch.tv/DepressedQuaintDuckSquadGoals

Aculite is the best

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

It's about 3.5mbps at 720 or 6 mbps at 1080 so he's probably limited to 5 or so.

I'm at that same level. I try to stream and we pay over $90 a month for 60/6 which is realistically 30/4.5

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Also, a lot of people are unaware of the lobby game. It's an important part of setting yourself up for a good game. The best ways to dominating the lobby game involve blocking people from jumping onto your shipping container, and setting people on fire right before they load onto the plan. The newest lobby game is saying "Hey guys, my game crashed, back out to lobby" on in-game chat and see how many players drop.

you have to tire them out by playing Space Jam and making them jump up and down

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

https://clips.twitch.tv/LongInventiveBaconCopyThis

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

I was doing a little research while trying to set up OBS, and all of the guides said 1080 doesn't look any better than 720 on Twitch, so its probably that. That said, obviously a guy making money to stream games is gonna play on a monitor greater than 1080.

Intimidating enemies is important by leaping seamlessly from table to table. Also stand firm in front of any crawlers, denying them their path.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

I'm glad i can see this dude's weird gross face over 1/3rd of the screen

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Willfrey posted:

Intimidating enemies is important by leaping seamlessly from table to table. Also stand firm in front of any crawlers, denying them their path.

no step on snek

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

VulgarandStupid posted:

Mine is waiting until we board the plane to tell everyone that I hope we all have a great Battlegrounds experience and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone on the island :)

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I'm glad i can see this dude's weird gross face over 1/3rd of the screen

the most average looking human

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

anyone else have this problem or is my tv being fucky?

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Inzombiac posted:

Same. The more sloppy and fun oriented I play the higher my rank. Whenever me and the crew put on our serious faces is when we gently caress up the most.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Same. The more sloppy and fun oriented I play the higher my rank. Whenever me and the crew put on our serious faces is when we gently caress up the most.

I tried camping and being all tacticool but ended up so bored that I ran over a fool with my crotch rocket.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

GOD IS BED posted:

anyone else have this problem or is my tv being fucky?

300 hours. Your TV is being fucky.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
Jesus hell the S686 is a monster close quarters. I dropped three people one shot each going apartment to apartment in one of the big towns, and one of them was kitted out in protective gear. Then I had to run outside and immediately bit it to a sniper.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Actually the shotties are bad now compared to before.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I don't bother with shotties anymore. Weird poo poo always happens when you need to put someone down, either your frames drop for no reason on your high end system or your pellets go through the guy due to lag compensation. I've just been melting guys with the UMP lately.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

I don't bother with shotties anymore. Weird poo poo always happens when you need to put someone down, either your frames drop for no reason on your high end system or your pellets go through the guy due to lag compensation. I've just been melting guys with the UMP lately.

I wish I'd learn this and stop using shotties

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chomp8645 posted:

It's probably barely distinguishable from straight up random assignment.

It's really not. My friends were in an endless debate about whether the game had matchmaking or not, because we all had a far easier time in NA, even with high latency, than in SA, and the people who moved to the same rating in NA didn't notice any difference. After someone explained that the game indeed has matchmaking we decided to check on all of our players one by one and pretty much the people complaining about NA being easy were at 1500 there and 2000 on SA, and as we moved up the difficulty normalized. The people who were 1800-1900 on both didn't notice any difference.

The gap between the 1500 players and the 2000 players was gigantic.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

https://clips.twitch.tv/AverageConsiderateClipzKippa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Aye, UMP is the king melting fools.

• Locked thread