Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Hamilton Beach. I know it's a poo poo brand but I was very, very poor not too long ago.

Everyone is born penniless. Except for children of rich people. :shrug:

(I've seen a bunch of irons made of iron from the 1800s and none of them have had any rust on them. I GUESS PEOPLE COULDN'T EVEN AFFORD RUST BACK THEN!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Went to mall to get shoes

Had to get a matching belt (matches IRL)

Might as well get a pretzel while I'm here

Consumerism Success!

Barry Bluejorts
Jun 30, 2013

Now please touch your finger to the tip of your nose.
Pillbug
I got these pretty things.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I have been on a dice kick lately, and it's mostly that I would need to confess my sins in the BWM thread that keeps me from buying some made of meteorite. I have some aluminium ones coming that are so carefully machined that they can balance on a corner, and another made out of Jack Daniels casks.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I've been using the dice from this for the last 16 years

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Those are really nice. Many years ago, I got "bronze" (they're metal at least) dice made for my brother for Xmas. I think I went through Shapeways.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aramek posted:

Those are really nice. Many years ago, I got "bronze" (they're metal at least) dice made for my brother for Xmas. I think I went through Shapeways.

Those are beautiful but I'd be worried they're not well balanced.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Those are beautiful but I'd be worried they're not well balanced.

If you aren't gambling, it doesn't really matter.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

PCOS Bill posted:

Bill please make a comment on this post as though another goon made this purchase.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

PCOS Bill posted:

Read that as 'The Total Dad Gaming Experience' and was very confused.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

Subjunctive posted:

I have been on a dice kick lately, and it's mostly that I would need to confess my sins in the BWM thread that keeps me from buying some made of meteorite. I have some aluminium ones coming that are so carefully machined that they can balance on a corner, and another made out of Jack Daniels casks.

Do you have a set of Gamescience dice yet? If not here's a 40 minute sales pitch from the guy who used to make them: https://youtu.be/qXZbdZNuRIw

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

cyberia posted:

Read that as 'The Total Dad Gaming Experience' and was very confused.

There really isn't a functional difference.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I have a mostly empty wall of bookshelves, so my resolve to read more and fill them has never been stronger. My wallet, however, has never been thinner.

That's a redundant copy of Dune (my favorite book ever), I had to buy it for the Neil Gaiman intro.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Coredump posted:

Bill please make a comment on this post as though another goon made this purchase.

Ruins of Myth Drannor? Biggest tragedy of 2001.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Subjunctive posted:

If you aren't gambling, it doesn't really matter.

You're gambling with you life!

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

48 cans of Brazil's favourite soft drink. Why this isn't sold world wide is absolutely beyond me but I had to pay way more than I would like to get some.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

FiftySeven posted:

48 cans of Brazil's favourite soft drink. Why this isn't sold world wide is absolutely beyond me but I had to pay way more than I would like to get some.

My local grocery stores (chains, even!) stock it, I'm guessing due to the relatively large Brazilian population & visitation in/to Orlando.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

NewFatMike posted:

That's a redundant copy of Dune (my favorite book ever)
:same:

I bought a Weber Spirit 310 propane grill before Memorial Day:

Been very happy with it. Easy ignition, heats up fast, stays hot and even throughout cooking time. "Taste the meat, not the heat!"

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

FormatAmerica posted:

My local grocery stores (chains, even!) stock it, I'm guessing due to the relatively large Brazilian population & visitation in/to Orlando.

Sadly, Yorkshire in the UK doesn't have a huge Brazilian population to justify it :(

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

betterinsodapop posted:

:same:

I bought a Weber Spirit 310 propane grill before Memorial Day:

Been very happy with it. Easy ignition, heats up fast, stays hot and even throughout cooking time. "Taste the meat, not the heat!"

Why not just use an oven :colbert: Charcoal or death.

FormatAmerica posted:

That's one of the best perks of living here, getting all kinds of crazy international food!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

My backpack broke so I bought a new fancy backpack. Mission Workshop Sanction. I needed something durable, reasonably sized and waterproof and here you go.

(not my photo)

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 16:09 on Jun 2, 2017

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

strangemusic posted:

My backpack broke so I bought a new fancy backpack. Mission Workshop Sanction. I needed something durable, reasonably sized and waterproof and here you go.

(not my photo)

I've had a Mission Workshop bag for the past 4 years and it still looks new. Great choice.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

FiftySeven posted:

Sadly, Yorkshire in the UK doesn't have a huge Brazilian population to justify it :(

I've seen it in a handful of Tescos around here on the world foods sections. It seems to have disappeared recently though which is a shame because Guarana Antarctica is awesome!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I've had a Mission Workshop bag for the past 4 years and it still looks new. Great choice.

I've heard nothing but good things about them from some people who are rain-or-shine bike commuters, messengers etc. - and I can see why. The build quality looks bombproof.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I traded a Razer headset and $50 for a Harman Kardon HK3480 and a Yamaha RX-V1700. Both are 10-12 year old monster receivers with 120-130 watts per channel. Here they are hooked up to my Sony ES CD player, previously mentioned Tannoy speakers and my DT770s for testing.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

strangemusic posted:

I've heard nothing but good things about them from some people who are rain-or-shine bike commuters, messengers etc. - and I can see why. The build quality looks bombproof.

The only complaint I have is the black is a dog hair magnet, but that's hardly their fault.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Picked up a stainless steel pressure washer cause Walmart had em on clearance. 1600psi and I've been meaning to clean off the sidewalk and also the brickwork, so eh.

Worst case I spent 40 bucks on the world's most powerful bidet. (Was 99, sale was for 60, had 20 on a gift card).

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Even $99 seems stupid cheap for a good pressure washer. I'd be sure to keep the receipt to make the inevitable return process easier.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
After 12 years in a one room studio and 2 years in another studio before that, I'm moving in a bigger one with the luxury of a separated bedroom, I'll finally be able to "VOD and enjoy time" like young people at age 37. Since most of my furniture are 15 year old, time to upgrade.

New mattress !

Thing to put things in and on (namely the oven) !

Said oven

Thing to things in it but in the bathroom !

Washing machine !

Living room things !

A couch ! A true achievement for me

So I can play games on my new 43" TV ! (never had one larger than 26")

Yay, I have a living room !

Not yay : my bank account.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I'm on an antiques kick...

A lexicon printed in 1614, with an embossed vellum binding:

A Gregorian chant handwritten on vellum. Written in Spain in 1550.

It's big (21"x15"). Gotta try to find a double sided frame for it.

A "mother of toilet seat" pearloid pickguard for my jaguar guitar:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

evobatman posted:

I traded a Razer headset and $50 for a Harman Kardon HK3480 and a Yamaha RX-V1700. Both are 10-12 year old monster receivers with 120-130 watts per channel. Here they are hooked up to my Sony ES CD player, previously mentioned Tannoy speakers and my DT770s for testing.

Since you know this stuff pretty good, i'd like your opinion on something. I have a Yamaha RX-V1000 receiver,and Yamaha NS-6390 speakers. But I recently got a Vector Research VR700 receiver. I'm thinking about swapping it with the Yamaha. I don't really need the modern features and inputs that the Yamaha has, its purely for sound quality. The vector research looks cool, feels really well made, very heavy, but it's going to take a lot of work disconnecting poo poo and moving things around to swap it out, so thats why i'm asking first.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

Why not just use an oven :colbert: Charcoal or death.

That reminds me I traded up an expired tank in need of hydro test for a newer one at propane exchange rack for $23 w/ tax, then got my other tank filled for $14.50 w/ tax for 4.5 gallons. :v:

(Not my picture.)

I also bought 2 racks of pork back ribs, which I then salt+peppered, pressure cooked for 24 minutes, slathered in trader joes bbq sauce, and threw on the grill to caramelize. They were delicious.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
The only pictures I have are to show the landlord where there are dings in the walls, but I just got my own apartment after living with family for 2 years. I had the money before now but actually finding anything to rent in my city is a pain. In fact, the lady at the property management company told me that the most listings they have had at the same time is 2 and they manage multiple apartment buildings. Finally!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm about to buy a loving poo poo ton of water to spray everywhere like a gibbon with a power washer.

Because I need to go power wash the back deck. And I'm like a gibbon.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

oops wrong thread

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

ChocNitty posted:

I'm on an antiques kick...

A lexicon printed in 1614, with an embossed vellum binding:

A Gregorian chant handwritten on vellum. Written in Spain in 1550.

It's big (21"x15"). Gotta try to find a double sided frame for it.

A "mother of toilet seat" pearloid pickguard for my jaguar guitar:

Awesome! Do you have a link to a site online for stuff like this or is it just as you find it?

Agreeing with the fact the pressure washer is cheap. It's an electric one, so it's not meant for contractor level work but it'll hopefully be fine for the few things I need it for.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Not my picture, but got a pair of these:

I'd been looking for plain white sneakers for a while, and these fit the bill. Also come in size 14, which kind of rules out most shoe companies. The upper is made of a merino blend, which sounded kind of ridiculous at first (I mean, it is ridiculous) but they're comfy casual shoes and look good. We'll see how they hold up after a few months, but so far I'm a fan.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Awesome! Do you have a link to a site online for stuff like this or is it just as you find it?

I'd be interested to know as well, that gregorian chant is great. I've always liked antique/old maps as decorations, this seems like a good complement.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Are those Allbirds? My mom got them and is wearing them as her main outdoor shoe. She says they're insanely comfortable.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

There are online sellers who are established and have a lot of history. Anything you buy can be returned. I'd rather take my chances through eBay, than a website, and there aren't really brick and mortar stores that carry these things, and if there were, there would be a major premium on the prices. On eBay, they have a feedback history, and have to abide by eBays policies, and their money back guarantee.

This seller for example: http://www.ebay.com/usr/leaves-of-old?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

17 years of business, and 100% positive feedback

As far as old items go, certain items are very likely to be fake, and others aren't. If you buy an ancient egyptian ushabti for $30, or an ancient roman signet ring for $20, it's likely to be fake. Other items, like common, inexpensive roman coins, or coins slabbed by reputable agencies, pages from illuminated manuscripts, or books, are far easier to identify as authentic, and avoid fakes. Especially books, if you try to imagine what it would take to re-create an entire book, and artificially age it, the labor and effort would exceed what its worth. Pages from illuminated manuscripts, they would have to find old animal skin, and still create the page by hand, paint the intricate and elaborate letters, for an item thats under $100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
This controller.

https://arcadeshock.com/products/qanba-obsidian-arcade-joystick-ps4-ps3-pc-x-input