Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The warriors got scorched by manu ginobli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

As much as I want the Cavs to win—and I do want them to win so badly—I also hope the Warriors sweep so history knows how colossal of a bitch Durant is.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

imagine losing to a 3-16 klay thompson LOL

edit: shoutout to AggressivelyStupid; apparently the warriors are a bitch rear end team for wanting KD's 38 point daddicking of the cavs

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 2, 2017

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Rabid Snake posted:

OK...I'm imagining the two players who won MVP the past three seasons making up for the fourth best player on the team playing poorly

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

xbilkis posted:

OK...I'm imagining the two players who won MVP the past three seasons making up for the fourth best player on the team playing poorly

so they did what they are supposed to do?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Dahntay Jones had more points than TT

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I can't believe how shook RS is and his team won

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rabid Snake posted:

edit: shoutout to AggressivelyStupid; apparently the warriors are a bitch rear end team for wanting KD's 38 point daddicking of the cavs

youve had quite a night, about 20 of these weird callout posts after demanding to know what race he is earlier. its pretty weird my friend

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Rabid Snake posted:

so they did what they are supposed to do?

Yeah. The Warriors are a better team than the Cavs, because they have better players!

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

youve had quite a night, about 20 of these weird callout posts after demanding to know what race he is earlier. its pretty weird my friend

what

edit: talk about reaching; I was just calling him white because he was saying that steph curry didnt look like malcolm x

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 2, 2017

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Ghost Dog posted:

no, this is what i am talking about. the decision is not even remotely like lebrons. he did not leave one of the best teams in the nba, he left a mediocre team. a team that was mediocre even with him on it. its a ludicrous amount of revisionist history to pretend the thunder team kd left is remotely comparable to the shitshow lebron had.

Yes OKC 2015-16 were a really good team, almost as good, perhaps equal, to the Warriors of 2015-16. But if all KD cared about was winning a title, with no regard for any other factors, then leaving to join the Warriors was a no brainer decision.

GSW = OKC

GSW > OKC - Durant

GSW + Durant >>> OKC - Durant

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

if you can't handle the L then don't trash talk?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lebron should play way more center

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

xbilkis posted:

Yeah. The Warriors are a better team than the Cavs, because they have better players!

thanks you agree then

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

I just think it's nice to see Curry playing at 100% instead of like last year when he was obviously injured throughout the playoffs.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well besides RS melting down I think you guys are massively overreacting to one game.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Kevin Love had maybe the least impressive 15/20 game in the history of the NBA tonight

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

tanglewood1420 posted:

Yes OKC 2015-16 were a really good team, almost as good, perhaps equal, to the Warriors of 2015-16. But if all KD cared about was winning a title, with no regard for any other factors, then leaving to join the Warriors was a no brainer decision.

GSW = OKC

GSW > OKC - Durant

GSW + Durant >>> OKC - Durant
its such a no brainer that its literally never happened in any sport(that i care about) ever?

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

your post history is a disaster my friend you've had quite a life, not even a night

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I would apologize for the bad Dubs posters but it's what y'all deserve

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
That Lebron dunk was a good 'un at least.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rabid Snake posted:

your post history is a disaster my friend you've had quite a life, not even a night

im a yakubian devil if you are still taking the census

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Paperback Writer posted:

In our defense we only just started posting, so we're still figuring this whole thing out.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Paperback Writer posted:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
GSW blew out the Cavs the first two games last year and we all know how that turned out so I wouldn't quite jump to conclusions just yet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Paperback Writer posted:

Maybe one or two are actually dubs fans

Jack and emc2 are chill fans

I don't think rabid is actually a dubs fan

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

im a yakubian devil if you are still taking the census

yeah no thanks

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Rabid Snake you should reel it in my man

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Ghost Dog posted:

its such a no brainer that its literally never happened in any sport(that i care about) ever?

LeBron did leave a 61 win Cavs team to go a team with Wade and Bosh. I guess that's one less great player than the Warriors had when Durant joined, but it's a pretty similar situation.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Redgrendel2001 posted:

LeBron did leave a 61 win Cavs team to go a team with Wade and Bosh. I guess that's one less great player than the Warriors had when Durant joined, but it's a pretty similar situation.

the 2nd best WS player on the cavs team he left was anderson verajao. the 3rd was mo williams. this is the same as leaving a thunder team with westbrook? they probably keep ibaka if he doesn't hang them out to dry for awhile too

and you know, joining a 73 win team vs joining a 47 win team

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 2, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/presents-19505704/nba-playoffs-why-kevin-durant-sees-world-differently-now I don't know if anyone saw this story today, but the gist is that once Durant's foot broke in the same place he came to terms with his basketball mortality and decided to go win as much as he could before his feet crumbled to dust

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Guess what that team's record was after Lebron left

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Dejan Bimble posted:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/presents-19505704/nba-playoffs-why-kevin-durant-sees-world-differently-now I don't know if anyone saw this story today, but the gist is that once Durant's foot broke in the same place he came to terms with his basketball mortality and decided to go win as much as he could before his feet crumbled to dust

yeah I read it and it mostly just felt like a puff piece

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Ghost Dog posted:

the 2nd best WS player on the cavs team he left was anderson verajao. the 3rd was mo williams. this is the same as leaving a thunder team with westbrook? they probably keep ibaka if he doesn't hang them out to dry for awhile too

Yeah that's true; that roster was soooooooo old. Shaq, Z, and Varejao's combined.age was 100+ iirc.

I just have a hard time calling a 61 win team mediocre even if they're in the East. Ignore me, I'm just hairsplitting :cheers:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Lebron's winshares for that season should've been like 60. Poor Big Zs feet were done

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Yeah that's true; that roster was soooooooo old. Shaq, Z, and Varejao's combined.age was 100+ iirc.

I just have a hard time calling a 61 win team mediocre even if they're in the East. Ignore me, I'm just hairsplitting :cheers:

im fighting back against what i perceive as a dumb narrative which mostly just means im swinging at air anyway i guess. gonna stop, slap another kill sticker on my laptop and call it a moral victory imo

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The Luftwaffe Way

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
KD joined a stronger team sure, but at least he didn't claim "Not one, not two, not three..." He left that to his dickhead owner, light years ahead!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Okc is the only elite team tha didn't collapse due to age or injury, it's because the owners didn't want to pay luxury tax once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Tae posted:

Okc is the only elite team tha didn't collapse due to age or injury, it's because the owners didn't want to pay luxury tax once

Money is truly the root of all evil.

• Locked thread