Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

:lol: I think I just pulled off one of the most Chad things you can do.

I found the propeller and put it on the boat pretty early in the match, and a short while later, someone managed to bring gas to the boat as well and got it ready. So I ran over to the boat where one person was waiting and the other was trying to start it. Jason was in hot pursuit and was very close to murdering me, so as soon as the boat started, I mashed E and managed to steal the other guy's place :lol: We managed to escape as Jason decided to maul the poor bastard whose spot I stole. He was SO upset with me :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Maybe they should make you unlock all achievements to get the Savini skin so everyone can get it, just make it a pain in the rear end for the giant babies that are crying about it. :getin:

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

Queering Wheel posted:

:lol: I think I just pulled off one of the most Chad things you can do.

I found the propeller and put it on the boat pretty early in the match, and a short while later, someone managed to bring gas to the boat as well and got it ready. So I ran over to the boat where one person was waiting and the other was trying to start it. Jason was in hot pursuit and was very close to murdering me, so as soon as the boat started, I mashed E and managed to steal the other guy's place :lol: We managed to escape as Jason decided to maul the poor bastard whose spot I stole. He was SO upset with me :allears:

You did 95% of the work so I don't understand why anyone was pissed. :colbert:
That was The Chad's spot anyway.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

s.i.r.e. posted:

Maybe they should make you unlock all achievements to get the Savini skin so everyone can get it, just make it a pain in the rear end for the giant babies that are crying about it. :getin:

Steam achievement manager

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
What about if pleb-access to the Savini Jason was time limited, and only available on one of the three following options;

Every Friday
Every week that a Friday the 13th is on
Every Friday the 13th

Seems gimmicky and not-constantly-on enough to not ruin the ~backer-exclusivity~ of the variant.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I don't care about the skin but those perks Savini has look pretty good and it'd be nice to use them, maybe they can just release a Jason in the future (Jason X?) which has the same skillset. They are upholding their commitment to the backers though which I understand and it's certainly not something anyone should be upset over.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

I just dropped a gas can near the four door car for someone to put in while I stalled Jason so everyone else could get away. A Chad immediately grabbed the can and ran away along with both sets of keys, leaving us all to die one by one :mad:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I hope they add a Part 9 stage and you can kill Jason by setting up the SWAT ambush from the start of the film.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Republicans posted:

I hope they add a Part 9 stage and you can kill Jason by setting up the SWAT ambush from the start of the film.

After that, have a player randomly get possessed by Jason without the others knowing.

Like the Thing, but with Jason and stabbing.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Axetrain posted:

I don't care about the skin but those perks Savini has look pretty good and it'd be nice to use them, maybe they can just release a Jason in the future (Jason X?) which has the same skillset. They are upholding their commitment to the backers though which I understand and it's certainly not something anyone should be upset over.

Yeah, I think those perks that Savini gets are probably some of the strongest ones for Jason. Hacking down doors in two hits, using shift more often, and increased weapon damage are all pretty good.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Every time it's real-world Friday the 13th, instead of counselors it just spawns a bunch of Jasons, and one person is picked to be a counselor instead of Jason

This is my suggestion and it is a good suggestion

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Kelp Plankton posted:

Every time it's real-world Friday the 13th, instead of counselors it just spawns a bunch of Jasons, and one person is picked to be a counselor instead of Jason

This is my suggestion and it is a good suggestion

The only addition should be that the counselor is buggsy and he gets a chainsaw.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Snatch Duster posted:

Steam achievement manager

Yeah but the devs could crack down on that pretty easily if they wanted to. I'm surprised they're cracking down on the people that buy and sell the skins.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jetamo posted:

What about if pleb-access to the Savini Jason was time limited, and only available on one of the three following options;

Every Friday
Every week that a Friday the 13th is on
Every Friday the 13th

Seems gimmicky and not-constantly-on enough to not ruin the ~backer-exclusivity~ of the variant.

This owns too.

I also hope they implement mutators and poo poo the really changes the game up, all weapons are shotguns, no first aid sprays, a ton of fog on the map (or any fog at all).

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

We just had a match where me and one other person spawned next to the two seat car. By pure luck, Jason never showed up and all the things to fix the car were in the houses nearby. While we were doing this, Jason was preoccupied with everyone else who had apparently started repairing the phone and didn't notice what we were up to until we got the car moving. As Jason pesters us, they call the cops and all move up to the edge of the road where they'd likely spawn to wait. After a lot of reversing and juking, we finally pass Jason and manage to avoid him every time he tries to ambush us. Around this time, the other party starts making their way towards the middle of the road (we assumed they thought we took the 4 seater and wanted to grab a ride). As they reach their new destination, Jason manages to teleport right in the middle of all of them when trying to ambush car. We could only swerve around the chaos as the slaughter ensued.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Unbalanced posted:

God drat am I done talking about this. Anyone have any more funny Chad stories?

I played as the world's most helpful Chad, my servants friends where in dire straits so I repaired a generator, installed battery and gas in the four seater, found the car keys, fended off Jason with help of my faithful man-servant Black Friend, and drove three of my servants friends to safety including my Black Friend who I most definitely didn't forget about and had to return for .

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

s.i.r.e. posted:

A Savini skin of all the counselors.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah but the devs could crack down on that pretty easily if they wanted to. I'm surprised they're cracking down on the people that buy and sell the skins.

It's a weird line in the sand for sure

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
Well I had a Chad match where I used the baseball bat perk and the perk that makes weapons break less. I managed to sneak up behind Jason 3 times stunning him as he was trying to break down the door. He was all "Thats it your next" another match drat bat broke on my second swing, luck is such a fickle mistress.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The more I play Jason the more unfair it feels that I know where the fusebox is. Is it possible to trigger Jason's traps without hurting yourself?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Haha, gently caress you Vanessa. Had one deliberately run to me in the hope that Jason would change target for my Deborah - it did work, but I stabbed him in the face and ran off...only to hear Vanessa blunder into a bear trap I'd placed than a less minute earlier. She got disemboweled and I made a clean break. :allears:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Republicans posted:

The more I play Jason the more unfair it feels that I know where the fusebox is. Is it possible to trigger Jason's traps without hurting yourself?

Pocket knife will if you crouch next to the trap. But I rather trigger it with Adam by walking over it because pocket knives get a single use while healing sprays get two with medic perk.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Oh my loving hell, just ran into ASMR Jason. I can't loving breathe. Need to start recording this poo poo.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Does disarming a trap with a pocket knife send the trap triggered warning? Whenever I see/hear that warning, I immediately morph to the spot on my map that's suddenly missing the trap icon.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Republicans posted:

Yea, fixing anything is a warp just like entering the car so provided you can see the prompt to fix the fuse box, you can fix it and bypass the trap or just disarm it with a pocket knife

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

...! posted:

Does disarming a trap with a pocket knife send the trap triggered warning? Whenever I see/hear that warning, I immediately morph to the spot on my map that's suddenly missing the trap icon.

from the survivor perspective, it apparently does not. i've had a couple of situations where i have disarmed a trap, fixed a cop box without an alert, and called the cops without jason showing up. he'll frequently show up shortly after the cop chatter starts, but by that time i'm done with my objectives and sprinting out of dodge.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I know you guys pinned your hopes to kill me on Tiffany with the sweater, but it looks like your plan really

unraveled.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Coolguye posted:

from the survivor perspective, it apparently does not. i've had a couple of situations where i have disarmed a trap, fixed a cop box without an alert, and called the cops without jason showing up. he'll frequently show up shortly after the cop chatter starts, but by that time i'm done with my objectives and sprinting out of dodge.

Or just pull a Duster and plant 29 traps around the phone box.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Unbalanced posted:

Seriously. I'm skimming through that thread and now I hope they never sell Savini Jason again just to piss these people off. I'm a shut-in that fears sunlight and bees and even I have to tell these whiners to get out more.

Did you happen to see all those troll posts by that quite dashing Friend Computer?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I know you guys pinned your hopes to kill me on Tiffany with the sweater, but it looks like your plan really

unraveled.

This thread has a critical gif-shortage of people getting murdered.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

This game has the best environmental kills since the 2005 Punisher.

Which reminds me, the large cabins with a kitchen or a garage could really use some sweet mechanical kill spots.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

McSpanky posted:

This game has the best environmental kills since the 2005 Punisher.

Which reminds me, the large cabins with a kitchen or a garage could really use some sweet mechanical kill spots.

Jason fires up an engine block, rips a cylinder off, and holds your face on the exposed piston.

Or they could just have a lifted car he pushes on to you.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The more I think of it, the more a Jason X map sounds great. Plus it gives Jason more to do, set up a scenario to become Über Jason.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

...! posted:

It does give a sound, but it's more like a spring snapping. Easy to miss if you're busy smashing poo poo.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I had someone actually get the sweater and use it to stun me last night, of course my mask wasn't off and Tommy wasn't around but still, I thought it was impressive that they even managed to get the sweater and put it on. It was down to two counselors and they split up to complete opposite edges of the map, so I just followed one of them and the other had the time to go for the sweater I guess.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Basebf555 posted:

I had someone actually get the sweater and use it to stun me last night, of course my mask wasn't off and Tommy wasn't around but still, I thought it was impressive that they even managed to get the sweater and put it on. It was down to two counselors and they split up to complete opposite edges of the map, so I just followed one of them and the other had the time to go for the sweater I guess.

They got the sweater, got my mask off, and got Tommy. Sadly for them, a well placed throwing knife at Tiffany's rib cage stopped the attempt cold.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried, especially because Duster was in the mix.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've had my mask knocked off, and I've been stunned by the sweater, and I've been knocked around by skilled Tommys, but never all 3 in the same game. I might quit for good if that ever happened, the embarrassment would kill me.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Basebf555 posted:

I've had my mask knocked off, and I've been stunned by the sweater, and I've been knocked around by skilled Tommys, but never all 3 in the same game. I might quit for good if that ever happened, the embarrassment would kill me.

OH I GET IT, BECAUSE TOMMY LITERALLY KILLS JASON.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Carebearz posted:

OH I GET IT, BECAUSE TOMMY LITERALLY KILLS JASON.

Please, as if Tommy could ever actually pull it off. He's had 3 different run-ins with Jason and his best strategy is still stabbing him with sharp objects and shooting him with a shotgun. Yea, that will totally work this time.

There should be some way in the game to lure Jason into the Lake and then trap him there, because that was by far the best plan Tommy ever came up with(and even that one was pretty dumb and he got very lucky).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Basebf555 posted:

Please, as if Tommy could ever actually pull it off. He's had 3 different run-ins with Jason and his best strategy is still stabbing him with sharp objects and shooting him with a shotgun. Yea, that will totally work this time.

There should be some way in the game to lure Jason into the Lake and then trap him there, because that was by far the best plan Tommy ever came up with(and even that one was pretty dumb and he got very lucky).

Jason in the lake is a v. bad idea in this game.

• Locked thread