Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

big time bisexual posted:

Just a heads up: if you're playing ME1 again be sure to change the level of detail on the texture groups and shadows. It makes a noticeable difference.

With the LOD change you can pick up on things that you would otherwise miss. Take for example the Benezia character model. Someone at Bioware decided to add veins to her rack.

This is the kind of dug avatar that I crave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Psychotic Weasel posted:

In the end, the most ridiculous thing about the outfits in ME2 (and part of ME3) was that people wore them not matter what; the same thing they wore when lounging around the ship was also suitable for combat, exposure to hard vacuum and also protected you from extremely hostile or corrosive atmospheres.

Most of the females in this series strut around in space and on planets made of chlorine in low cut tops like it's a day at mall.

they have special mass effect fields to keep things fresh

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

To be fair Jacob also had a skin tight suit. The difference is none of his conversations had the camera focus squarely on his crotch or rear end. This is also the problem I have with Benezia. I'm pretty sure the game makes a point that asari matriarchs dress in sexy clothes which is whatever but they introduce her by first focusing on her rear end, then a zoomed in shot of her boobs, and then it finally pans up to her face. It's really dumb.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

beep by grandpa posted:

She's a matriarch, perhaps she likes looking sexy ???

Ain't nothing sexy about that stupid hat.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Turbl posted:

To be fair Jacob also had a skin tight suit. The difference is none of his conversations had the camera focus squarely on his crotch or rear end. This is also the problem I have with Benezia. I'm pretty sure the game makes a point that asari matriarchs dress in sexy clothes which is whatever but they introduce her by first focusing on her rear end, then a zoomed in shot of her boobs, and then it finally pans up to her face. It's really dumb.

Liara's bartender mom didn't wear sexy clothes. Also how loving stupid was it that Krogan Matriarch lady just so happened to be Liara's other mom?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

*looks at picture of Elvira*
*looks at Benezia model and texture*
*looks at Elvira*
*looks at Benezia*
*looks at Elvira*
*looks at Benezia*

yah this is hot. Ship the game, lads.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

IMO Benezia's hat is where ME1 just sliiiightly gives away its very early conception as a star wars game.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

This is a visual representation of Marina Sirtis's acting ability.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Valerie Plame Sandals posted:

This is a visual representation of Marina Sirtis's acting ability.

Hahaha it's so harsh...but so true. :laugh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Strategic Tea posted:

IMO Benezia's hat is where ME1 just sliiiightly gives away its very early conception as a star wars game.

Pretty sure Mass Effect was originally a Star Trek RPG, wasn't it?

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
look what someone spotted in the clearance aisle

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

*squints and blinks*

:laffo:

Yeah no worries, there is totally going to be a sequel folks. Totally. The franchise isn't stone cold dead at all.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ryder, your franchise is dropping below the Battleborn limit.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

holy poo poo :discourse:

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I know it's really really cheap but why would you buy two?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Ryder, your franchise is dropping below the Battleborn limit.

Somewhere Randy Pitchford is weeping bitter, happy tears in the knowledge that the painful crown of "Biggest flopmaker" has been taken from him.

Sean Murray is with him, but all he does is go "Uhmm..." and look away from the camera when asked about anything.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I want to buy this and post my minute-to-minute stream of consciousness while I'm playing it.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Palpek posted:

I want to buy this and post my minute-to-minute stream of consciousness while I'm playing it.

Has anyone here done an Andromeda Let's Play yet?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

lemonadesweetheart posted:

I know it's really really cheap but why would you buy two?

One to play, one to keep as a warning.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
are the quarians coming

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
"Tell me about the quarians, Casey."

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Palpek posted:

Just post an image of a toilet pre-flush.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watched my brother play this thing and we can joke all the time about glitchs and bugs but the story is just bad and the characters are stupid. There is no fix for that.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

are the quarians coming

they out restart steam

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kurtofan posted:

are the quarians coming

:lol: nope

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who are the quarians? tali ones? meh

bring back big boobs samara

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I was gonna call bullshit on this but I looked up the code on the receipt on their website (001463373412) and it brought me directly to the ME:A store page. God drat. Just god drat.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

That's obviously pretty dire no matter how you slice it, but does being download only have much impact on the longevity of a product? I mean if the game is struggling to sell in general, I imagine any retailer would be super desperate to dump what are basically redeemable code-slips in a box.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Generic American posted:

That's obviously pretty dire no matter how you slice it, but does being download only have much impact on the longevity of a product? I mean if the game is struggling to sell in general, I imagine any retailer would be super desperate to dump what are basically redeemable code-slips in a box.

I think not being able to sell something for anything other than fire sale prices is more an indicator of the longevity rather than a cause.

The cause might be "game bad, bioware bad".

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Oh, it's absolutely the cause; I just meant that it being a download slip in a physical case would be why it's $3 instead of... say, $15. Because I don't care how bad it is or how poorly it sold, $3 is absolutely insane for just three months on the market. There have been much worse games and even bigger failures that haven't hit that point so early.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

More like Bargainware.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Generic American posted:

Oh, it's absolutely the cause; I just meant that it being a download slip in a physical case would be why it's $3 instead of... say, $15. Because I don't care how bad it is or how poorly it sold, $3 is absolutely insane for just three months on the market. There have been much worse games and even bigger failures that haven't hit that point so early.

A lot of games these days are download slips inside a bluray case. It doesn't really have any massive effect on sales at all, not nowadays. People want the CD case/art, not the CD.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

More like Bargainware.

Biowaste

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I guess you could say the real mass effect... was on the clearance aisle. :madmax:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
No ME:A at my Walmart. Barely any PC games at all. There was an overpriced copy of New Vegas, though.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Rinkles posted:

No ME:A at my Walmart. Barely any PC games at all. There was an overpriced copy of New Vegas, though.

you have a moral obligation to buy any copy of New Vegas you see

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rinkles posted:

It's still worth every penny

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Iron Crowned posted:

It's still worth every penny

Truth.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I didnt get NV until it was £2 in a steam sale and I legit feel bad I didnt give them more money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Moola posted:

I didnt get NV until it was £2 in a steam sale and I legit feel bad I didnt give them more money

You may be a very bad person, but at least you can feel remorse