Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

DonVincenzo posted:

My mesmer, featuring: pants

What pants are those? The genie pants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Eltoasto posted:

What pants are those? The genie pants?
Ascalonian Performer from AC tokens. They're actual pants for the blokes (albeit sprayed on leather stripper pants) and the skirt/leggings combo you see there for the sheilas.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

More and more I'm hiding medium shoulders.
Maybe I wouldn't if Stalwart was still available...

McSlaughter
Sep 12, 2013

"Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?"

http://guildwars2.tumblr.com/post/1...%E1%B4%8F%C9%B4

Orv
May 4, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

It's been back for a bit under uh, Legacy I think it's called, PvP and WvW reward tracks. Also has Tribal and one other.

E: Turns out they added a bunch more to it as well.

GW2 wiki posted:

Apostle, Stalwart armor, Studded armor, Marauder armor and Heavy Scale armor skins, and all Tribal armor skins.

Blarfo
Jul 17, 2007
I haven't touched this game in ages. Have they done anything that helps speed up getting mastery points for the new HoT subclass thingies?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Orv posted:

It's been back for a bit under uh, Legacy I think it's called, PvP and WvW reward tracks. Also has Tribal and one other.

E: Turns out they added a bunch more to it as well.

:stare:
I guess I'm going to drop my bladed armor track for a while.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Blarfo posted:

I haven't touched this game in ages. Have they done anything that helps speed up getting mastery points for the new HoT subclass thingies?

Yeah, each of the new living story zones have 4 dailies that reward a chunk of Maguuma Mastery xp. The first one Bloodstone Fen also has an account wide perm 10/20/30% in zone xp buff you can buy, which is nice since it's an easy grind zone for mastery xp.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Harrow posted:

I mentioned it in guild chat yesterday, but the Caladbolg quest is really cool and I hope they do more of that. Collections that work as scavenger hunts with no rare drops or material collection are cool and good. I mean, sure, you need a Vision Crystal once you complete the collections, but that doesn't exactly rely on rare drops or super-expensive components or anything--and it even actually gets used for the purpose its name suggests.

Hopefully they're more likely to keep doing cool quests like that than keeping up good legendary quests, just because more players are likely to do things like the Caladbolg quest. (And I'm not about to complain about an easily-accessible, affordable, shapeshifting ascended weapon, either :v:)

The scavenger hunt had some really crappy hints though. They could've at least given you some sort of hot/Cold detector for general proximity.

Blarfo
Jul 17, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, each of the new living story zones have 4 dailies that reward a chunk of Maguuma Mastery xp. The first one Bloodstone Fen also has an account wide perm 10/20/30% in zone xp buff you can buy, which is nice since it's an easy grind zone for mastery xp.

So is it worth it to spend gems to buy some of the LWS3 things I'm missing? Will I be able to solo it all?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Blarfo posted:

Do you mean hero points, for the elite specs? Or mastery points for things like gliding? If you mean elite specs, they quickly lowered the required amount after HoT launched but that's been the only change. Players frequently run hero point trains to help people unlock elite specs quickly though.

Living World season 3 is good. Each chapter adds a whole new zone. The whole story is easily soloable too.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

I normally never do PvP but I'm slowly been racking points for the Legacy track to unlock the Stalwart shoulders. But I just don't have motivation. Nowadays I use the heritage shoulder piece on my engineer, which are pretty nice too.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Blarfo posted:

So is it worth it to spend gems to buy some of the LWS3 things I'm missing? Will I be able to solo it all?

How much are they? They're good story content and the maps are really cool so I'd lean yes.

Also yes, everything is soloable except for a few open world bosses.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Go RV! posted:

How much are they? They're good story content and the maps are really cool so I'd lean yes.

200 gems per chapter, I think. The current one's obviously free so it's 800 gems to get all the other season 3 chapters before this one.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
Don't they normally do a bundle after the end of a living story season with all of the episodes with a lower gem per episode cost? I think it also takes into account any episodes you already have unlocked so you don't pay for something you already have. If you aren't in a rush it might be worth waiting until after the season has ended (next episode is the last) and you might get a better deal.

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

Blarfo posted:

There's a couple of spots in the story missions that can be rough solo depending on what class you are. I just brought some repair canisters and kept smashing my head into the wall until I made it through. ;)

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Ebola Dog posted:

Don't they normally do a bundle after the end of a living story season with all of the episodes with a lower gem per episode cost? I think it also takes into account any episodes you already have unlocked so you don't pay for something you already have. If you aren't in a rush it might be worth waiting until after the season has ended (next episode is the last) and you might get a better deal.

This is correct. Unless you just have to have access to a particular zone now, you'll save about 40 gems per episode by buying the bundle later. Just remember to unlock each new episode by logging in a character at least once before the episode following it is released.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

So I decided to redo the Personal Story for some godforsaken reason and Trahearne had an infinite number of seizures after completing his Wyld Hunt.

https://i.imgur.com/vcOxfJ2.gifv

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 3, 2017

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Hello Sailor posted:

This is correct. Unless you just have to have access to a particular zone now, you'll save about 40 gems per episode by buying the bundle later. Just remember to unlock each new episode by logging in a character at least once before the episode following it is released.

logging in with any character gets it for the whole account, right?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Saraiguma posted:

logging in with any character gets it for the whole account, right?

Yes.

My question: with the changes to WvW coming, I want to dress a lesser-used character of mine for WvW. I was thinking about this zerg healer Druid https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Druid_-_Frontline_Healer but I know gently caress all about druids. Since I'm interested in getting rewards from WvW, does a staff Druid adequately tag enemies so that WvW loot bags drop? There doesn't seem to be targeted AoE damage in its toolbox which is the easiest form of tagging.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
The staff auto-attack pierces enemy and goes through reflects. Just put a sigil of fire if you need the extra aoe for tagging.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I want to transfer to Maguuma but it's 1800 gems and it's full. Thanks goons.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

lucifirius posted:

If you're not doing wvw actively then there's literally no other reason you can't just stay on the server you're currently on. Everything else is 100% cross-everything.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I really want to do WvW but it's hard on a generally inactive server (Borlis Pass).

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Didn't the HOT patch allow you to get tag credit for healing other players involved in a kill?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lucifirius posted:

You're welcome, but we have been on Maguuma since the start and have made that fact very clear!!

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

treizebee posted:

Didn't the HOT patch allow you to get tag credit for healing other players involved in a kill?

Apparently that only works for PvE, not WvW player kills :sigh:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Trogdos! posted:

Apparently that only works for PvE, not WvW player kills :sigh:

Staff Elementalists weep.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

CLAM DOWN posted:

You're welcome, but we have been on Maguuma since the start and have made that fact very clear!!

Yeah, but I didn't join Goons/SFD until well after I had started playing the game.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

lucifirius posted:

Yeah, but I didn't join Goons/SFD until well after I had started playing the game.

RIP. You gotta join goon guilds before the game even downloads, playa.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

jokes posted:

This seems like a joke but I've learned it to be true.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

jokes posted:

Star Citizen has only solidified that very smart concept.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i used to be in the goon guild, but unsurprisingly i must have been kicked during my three years of inactivity

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

You are dead to us and we shun you. Atonement can be had by posting screenshots of crafting a dessert item and mailing it to Arus.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I didn't even know Goons were a thing until after I started playing Eve.

lucifirius fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 4, 2017

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
jfg spotted :frogdowns:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I'm not a part of any goon affiliated group except here, and it's not like I don't post and contribute.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

lucifirius posted:

I didn't even know Goons were a thing until after I started playing Eve.

I lurked SA for like a decade before getting an account, but almost j4g'd over Eve in the mid 00's. Some nerd I used to work with was part of BOB and I loved watching him get spun up while bitching about something Jihad Squad or Goon Swarm did :allears:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I joined SA to follow the posting about EVE last year, stayed for the community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frush
Jun 26, 2008
I'm sure this gets asked all the time, but I'm just starting and trying it out. The server from the OP is full, what are people playing on these days?

Also are rifles any good, since I normally skew that way?

• Locked thread