Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

9gag is the new ebaumsworld
9gag was the ebaumsworld of 2012. The ebaumsworld of 2017 is rl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

lol I've been taking credit for internet jokes since 2008

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Crain posted:

loving lol. So it seems like the dude hosed up and basically guaranteed himself a guilty judgement:

This is why you don't say poo poo without talking to a lawyer.
So shitposting is illegal in Scotland? boner confessor, midig, you're both under arrest.

persopolis
Mar 9, 2017
Isn't Contrapoints a goon? Or was that someone else?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

persopolis posted:

Isn't Contrapoints a goon? Or was that someone else?

hbomberguy is probably the one you're thinking of. He tried to upload a video about how Sherlock sucks, presumably the BBC one? But it was blocked because copyright stuff.

Was very disappointed. As a fan of Jeremy Brett Sherlock, I never did like the new one.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hbomberguy is a goon. I don't know about Contrapoints, but he does collaborate with Hbomb and other goon-adjacent youtube people like Lindsay Ellis and Dan Olson.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The lass who used to be on channel awesome? Didn't know she was still making stuff, what's she do now?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

OwlFancier posted:

The lass who used to be on channel awesome? Didn't know she was still making stuff, what's she do now?

Largely the same thing, but with more serious discussion, better production values, and without the annoying character act that she never put much work into in the first place.

Here.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

She's doing an introductory film theory series on Michael Bay right now that's really good. She has a youtube channel under her own name.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Huh, cool. I figured most of that site went dead when Blip did.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Shaun of Shaun and Jen said in the frogmen video that he liked to ask what gamergate is on something awful to troll threads

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

She did a great few videos on Phantom of the Opera which I appreciated since my girlfriend got me into the franchise.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That seems like a reacto trolling strategy. I guess I'm lucky that I never saw anything sympathetic to gamergate here that wasn't immediately dogpiled and ridiculed.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

OwlFancier posted:

Huh, cool. I figured most of that site went dead when Blip did.

At least the bigger ones migrated what they could to other sites. I never followed the less well-known ones, unless Lupa/Pregler counts for that. Though, come to think, I don't really follow most any of them, but still keep running into their content here and there.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

business hammocks posted:

That seems like a reacto trolling strategy. I guess I'm lucky that I never saw anything sympathetic to gamergate here that wasn't immediately dogpiled and ridiculed.

I don't know what "reacto" means. Could you please clarify?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Most everyone with an audience migrated to patreon. TGWTG sounds like it was horribly run and treated its talent very badly. Only Brad Jones refrains from openly badmouthing them, and nobody compliments them. Allison Pregler and Phelan are still around doing really strong stuff compared to the CA days. It's really interesting how everyone who left or was fired from CA has grown and developed a unique style, while all the CA in-house stuff is just as superficial and stale as it was at the start.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

WrenP-Complete posted:

I don't know what "reacto" means. Could you please clarify?

Reactionaries

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Shaun of Shaun and Jen said in the frogmen video that he liked to ask what gamergate is on something awful to troll threads

He said he learned how to type in all lowercaps on fyad too

business hammocks posted:

Most everyone with an audience migrated to patreon. TGWTG sounds like it was horribly run and treated its talent very badly. Only Brad Jones refrains from openly badmouthing them, and nobody compliments them. Allison Pregler and Phelan are still around doing really strong stuff compared to the CA days. It's really interesting how everyone who left or was fired from CA has grown and developed a unique style, while all the CA in-house stuff is just as superficial and stale as it was at the start.

It was bad and the main screaming guy is a complete moron, and the other screaming guy who does comics is the worst and has idiot opinions about comics

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

hbomberguy is probably the one you're thinking of. He tried to upload a video about how Sherlock sucks, presumably the BBC one? But it was blocked because copyright stuff.

Was very disappointed. As a fan of Jeremy Brett Sherlock, I never did like the new one.
It's up now and is almost 2 hours long. I thought the last couple of seasons were really dumb so I'll probably like this.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hbomb is streaming to youtube right now playing some Friday the 13th video game that isn't the nintendo one.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

He said he learned how to type in all lowercaps on fyad too

lol not instinctively knowing to type like poo poo

Contrapoints makes some decent arguments but the whole style is not my jam

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yr5HrfwE4M

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
As You're Playing Chess, I'm Playing Russian Roulette

How was that only a minute long, something about his style made that feel like it took ages.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Anti-Citizen posted:

How was that only a minute long, something about his style made that feel like it took ages.
He keeps getting mirrored inside himself. Like, more of 'him' appears.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
For those who remember the goon who made that music video "Random Access Memory" with his band The Unhandled Exceptions, he is still at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTvyTnUl-ss

But he now also calls himself a philosopher and well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U-vluLBp00

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

For those who remember the goon who made that music video "Random Access Memory" with his band The Unhandled Exceptions, he is still at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTvyTnUl-ss

didn't mention consent laws once, good job

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

She did a great few videos on Phantom of the Opera which I appreciated since my girlfriend got me into the franchise.

Her stuff is quite good, yes. The Rent critique in particular cuts like a diamond chip, and goes so much deeper than the "They ruined it when they made it into a movie blaaah" that you get all over Youtube.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/870247243374317569

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

that's our boy sargon - pure rationality and logic.

e: hahaha wait a second, he even made a video about the hitler suicide thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwO3cNeDP5Q

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Is he getting close to being a holocaust denier by any chance?

Midig fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 1, 2017

Fados
Jan 7, 2013
I like Malcolm X, I can't be racist!

Put this racist dipshit on ignore immediately!

Midig posted:

Is he getting close to being a holocaust denier by any chance?

It all depends how much that would impact his viewcount/patreon. I wouldn't put it beside him personally tho.

When he starts fading away, and has to resort to feeding off the bottom of the loony barrel, its almost guaranteed he'll get into that.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Contra's new video, on free speech, has been taken down by youtube:
"This video has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on spam, deceptive practices and scams."

https://twitter.com/ContraPoints/status/870001229778309121

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Uh how does it?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I watched it before it went down, and yeah this is just grief of course. There's nothing wrong with the video.

On the topic of video take downs, Hbomb's Sherlock vid went back up yesterday.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
So it's been taken because trolls reported it too much? Either way, kind of ironic.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Uh how does it?

It doesn't. It was probably taken down by DMCA attacks.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
That's funny, because the act of DMCAing it just answers ContraPoints's question in the title: "Nope, it's actually the right."

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

SunAndSpring posted:

That's funny, because the act of DMCAing it just answers ContraPoints's question in the title: "Nope, it's actually the right."

Hope this makes it into pt.2

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Sephyr posted:

Her stuff is quite good, yes. The Rent critique in particular cuts like a diamond chip, and goes so much deeper than the "They ruined it when they made it into a movie blaaah" that you get all over Youtube.

Yea, the Rent critique was what made me decide to start paying her on Patreon. Definitely the best video on the channel so far (the other stuff is good too, but the Rent video is just spectacular).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Desiderata posted:

Contra's new video, on free speech, has been taken down by youtube:
"This video has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on spam, deceptive practices and scams."

https://twitter.com/ContraPoints/status/870001229778309121

This is bullshit for a lot of reasons but the one that really gets to me is that this is no joke for him. He's decided to make a career out of YouTube. This is his livelihood at the moment and some troll literally just hosed with his job to be an rear end in a top hat or an ideologue or something.

What garbage.

• Locked thread