Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

iospace posted:

You poor soul.

We were lucky enough to escape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

wicka posted:

I was from Indiana but I moved to Pittsburgh like four years ago.

You're still from Indiana I'm afraid.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

You poor soul.

That's the 2014 most livable city in America you're talking about.

gret posted:

At least our President is fighting for your coal mining job.

It's steel country, my friend, and we mainly do healthcare and robot cars these days.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

What does everyone think about gas stoves

I made my opinion on this subject very clear in my GBS thread as did the general public on Wirth's beef stroganoff

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Pittsburgh is chill. Mostly healthcare and university/tech jobs there last I recall. CMU has one of the best robotics programs in the world.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Pittsburgh is chill. Mostly healthcare and university/tech jobs there last I recall. CMU has one of the best robotics programs in the world.

Are you Citizen Tori's backup account?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This is old but I love listening to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRNoRlLlsD8

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

RIP Tony, we barely knew thee but your presence was most definitely felt

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

You're still from Indiana I'm afraid.

I think this is the first time I've seen somebody considering "Yinzer" as a major upgrade.

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
Jenson Button has gone full Anime
https://www.motorsport.com/supergt/news/button-suzuka-super-gt-deal-confirmed-913370/

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Had*, until it was gutted by Uber.

harperdc posted:

I think this is the first time I've seen somebody considering "Yinzer" as a major upgrade.

Christ, I've never been dunked on from Japan.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Whoa that's awesome now I have to figure out how to even watch this.

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Wirth1000 posted:

Whoa that's awesome now I have to figure out how to even watch this.

It's streamed live in english by Nismo TV on Youtube

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wiltsghost posted:

This is old but I love listening to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRNoRlLlsD8

This is better than my cup of mud this morning.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

who's ready for Honda to gently caress up even more?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I can think of one driver who isn't.

Another driver is probably "At least I have a ride."

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's going to be a good engine. :colbert:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wicka posted:

lmao okay

Also poor Jenson. The NSX program hasn't been super reliable. But definitely have a reason to watch more Anime GT now.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

wicka posted:

Oh god, you really believe that, that's adorable.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Nah.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

I'm with you, McLaren Ride Or Die buddy.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cactrot posted:

Oh god, you really believe that, that's adorable.

They have done no major upgrades this year and already made huge steps forward, anyone who thinks their first full iteration won't pay huge dividends is being intentionally stupid.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Norns posted:

lmao okay

Also poor Jenson. The NSX program hasn't been super reliable. But definitely have a reason to watch more Anime GT now.

Super gt is really good, and not just because of okayama where all the nsx's died on the parade lap.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

They have done no major upgrades this year and already made huge steps forward, anyone who thinks their first full iteration won't pay huge dividends is being intentionally stupid.

If this was the end of last year I would absolutely be with you. But you'd be incredibly naive to not think them making things massively worse is not a possibility at this point.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Like I wouldn't even be remotely shocked if they said something like "Uhh we just spun it up to max RPM and haven't actually tested it with fuel yet" at this point.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

If this was the end of last year I would absolutely be with you. But you'd be incredibly naive to not think them making things massively worse is not a possibility at this point.

They took the worst racing engine I have ever seen, gave it a new intake and new engine maps, and it became something capable of getting into Q3 at a power track. Again, if your first response to their first major upgrade is "it's going to be bad," you're a loving idiot. That doesn't discount the POSSIBILITY of it being bad, but to EXPECT that, despite all evidence to the contrary, is just childish. Don't be reddit, ffs.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The only thing I can hope for is if they asked HPD for advice.

Which I doubt.

(or well, asked HPD, hey, your 2016 engine was pretty reliable, any advice?)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Like I wouldn't even be remotely shocked if they said something like "Uhh we just spun it up to max RPM and haven't actually tested it with fuel yet" at this point.

The article you posted is literally them being conservative about introducing the engine too quickly.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

The only thing I can hope for is if they asked HPD for advice.

Which I doubt.

(or well, asked HPD, hey, your 2016 engine was pretty reliable, any advice?)

The strongest rumors are that they've hired AVL, who are close with Mercedes and helped Ferrari back in 2015. They also expanded their Milton Keynes factory and are poaching engineers from other teams and letting them work remotely (since no one wanted to uproot their family and move to Japan, obviously).

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It's a bit like a retarded child petting a dog. Sure you've calmed it down enough that they are petting the dog gently but there's no guarantee that it won't just go mental and start pulling the dog's ears or poking it in the eyes again.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

It's a bit like a retarded child petting a dog. Sure you've calmed it down enough that they are petting the dog gently but there's no guarantee that it won't just go mental and start pulling the dog's ears or poking it in the eyes again.

What's the character limit on thread titles?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHjFo-kPN-g

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I expect it will probably be bad.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wicka they still don't understand why the MGU-H is still failing, 6 rounds into the season.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix posted:

Wicka they still don't understand why the MGU-H is still failing, 6 rounds into the season.

The bearings within the unit are what caused the issue and most recent failures. Unless I'm mixing that up with something else.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

The bearings within the unit are what caused the issue and most recent failures. Unless I'm mixing that up with something else.

wow look it's almost like it's possible to pay attention to what's happening in F1 before you post about it

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

wow look it's almost like it's possible to pay attention to what's happening in F1 before you post about it

Sorry, I'll never do it again.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

1500quidporsche posted:

yeah but I still blame your parents

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

The old layout would've required the turbo to spin faster than it is now so I can't see this being purely down to the bearings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

wicka posted:

I am being a little bit of a snarky butthole, and I do hope they can pull it together but Honda hasn't really impressed me with their ability to do that.

• Locked thread