Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

banned from Starbucks posted:

Is laser build Azmo viable? I loving hate farming dunk stacks

Right now it's really good. Practically all the stuff that used to be required for it to kinda maybe be OK is built in, and if you use it on a target without reliable CC or mobility they've lost the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It's completely unviable because it's not canon to the Azmodunk skin. :colbert:

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

banned from Starbucks posted:

Is laser build Azmo viable? I loving hate farming dunk stacks

Landing those dunk shots is key to playing Azmo well, just like sniping with Tyrande's owls. Especially with the 33% range dunk quest bonus, your Q becomes nearly map wide artillery fire. No matter where the teamfight is, Azmo can lay some heavy dunks without even being near the objective/lane. Harass a hero one lane over without leaving yours. You can make laser Azmo work with the right team, but it's sub-optimal. Going full laser talents will let you do siege damage like Hammer, safely outside of building attack range. It's decent damage too, and if the enemy doesn't stop you then you can get a huge XP/lane push advantage. The biggest problem is all your other skills can't be cast until you end the laser. The other skills (especially with talents) are really good for pushing , and NOT casting them every time they're not on CD is treason. That is Treason Johnny.

I want to play a lane as Azmodan with Leoric on my side and go laser build. Azmo laser and Leoric drain would be a lot of fun. Melt a dude until he gets bullied out of lane, or he stays and dies. Fireball and swing are both great creep wave clears, so you can push hard and fast after you get a takedown or force someone to TP back to base and leave the lane empty.

Also Leoric's pimp strut ult is like Nazeebo spirit ult or dual wep Varian. the other ult choice is just so good that you have a hard time justifying not taking it. You can destroy some fools with all three of those at low MMR though.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Laser Azmo is fantastic against heroes who need to be in fights for long periods of time (Illidan, Leoric, and soon Malthael)

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Laser Azmo is also fantastic against heroes who lack disables but need time on target to do anything. Illidan loving weeps when he's got an azmo laser on him.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello I have been playing HotS a lot more these days

It is fun

The SAGoon Channel usually has people that will invite you to group regardless of skill level

That is cool and good

Goons are cool and good

HotS is cool and good

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

hots and goons in fact... bad???

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

On a less shitposty note, I don't understand how Bound Minion exists. Global range promote that you get two charges of at 20? How is this a thing?

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
The first post was better

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Harsh but fair.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

dunk azmo just doesn't seem to actually do anything in team fights. You land one 1k borb onto people and that's neat. But they have a whole lot more health and your only good spell is on a 15 second cool down.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

And people tend to underestimate just how much damage a fully specced laser can do, and how much reach it can get.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

dunk azmo just doesn't seem to actually do anything in team fights. You land one 1k borb onto people and that's neat. But they have a whole lot more health and your only good spell is on a 15 second cool down.

1k+ damage in a massive aoe every 10 seconds is not insignificant, especially when you're lasering dudes in between and meanwhile pushing lanes across the map from your fight with liutennants and making the teamfight more costly the longer it goes.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Team fights are rarely more than twenty seconds. And laser without talents is a non entity in team fights that makes someone walk back a bit. I know it can work because other people pull it off, but even with decent stacks I just bumble through fights with orb build.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Team fights are rarely more than twenty seconds. And laser without talents is a non entity in team fights that makes someone walk back a bit. I know it can work because other people pull it off, but even with decent stacks I just bumble through fights with orb build.

With Azmo you don't need to team fight, you just need to stall out objectives while your poo poo is pushing in a lane elsewhere. Either you get free structure damage or the fight flips to a 4v5 when someone on their team leaves to address the push. Even if those two things don't happen, depending on the enemy healer you can drain their MP and make them back with constant poke - the healers who can address that damage easily are also the ones who encourage the team to bunch up and take more damage and will constantly be pressured from engaging. Playing Azmo well is a lot like playing Vikings in that you need to be in three places at once - depending on the map and objective you may be body soaking 1 lane (or being present at an objective while dropping demons into the nearby lane) while dropping your generals into another while harassing an objective from afar.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah his lane pressure is the best part of both builds. I prefer the laser to try to win team fights instead of drawing them out because most people, especially pubs, are really bad at poking and delaying.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I mean this is just wrong in every way. A blackpool orb is half of a ranged assassin's HP. This takes them out of the fight completely unless they want to risk dying to random AoE damage during the team fight. Azmo probably isn't going to get top hero damage but he certainly contributes enough to pull his weight.

Also you realize you get 2 orbs in just 10 seconds right? The skill starts off cooldown, you dunk at the start of the fight, then dunk again 10 seconds later.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah his lane pressure is the best part of both builds. I prefer the laser to try to win team fights instead of drawing them out because most people, especially pubs, are really bad at poking and delaying.

Laser is a huge sign over your head that says please CC and murder me because I am super fat and have no escape. Laser is only good if you want to purely split push and not contribute to team fights at all.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jun 2, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Pubbie vs organized play is always going to be completely different. Laser build might make more sense in the former because it is better suited to winning "unorganized" team fights and thus win you the game, while the orb build no matter how well you play it will only ever keep you from losing the game if your team is that bad.

bamhand posted:

I mean this is just wrong in every way. A blackpool orb is half of a ranged assassin's HP. This takes them out of the fight completely unless they want to risk dying to random AoE damage during the team fight. Azmo probably isn't going to get top hero damage but he certainly contributes enough to pull his weight.

Also you realize you get 2 orbs in just 10 seconds right? The skill starts off cooldown, you dunk at the start of the fight, then dunk again 10 seconds later.

And even if it means waiting for 2 seconds extra if you mistimed casts, you should be using Black Pool on literally every Q in that build.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I played laser build last night since I was in QM and got BoE. It's soooo boring compared to dunk build. You just hit your laser and hope for the best. None of your other abillities do anything if you go laser--W minions are too much mana and die immediately, and dunks do barely noticible damage. Even with the 13 talent I found the laser damage lackluster. With dunk build you get black pool and I'm pretty sure a black pool-->dunk-->laser combo is better than just laser.

We did win though. It was nice for taking out the immortal but that was mostly due to the range--damage still seemed a lot slower than a greymane or valla or something would be. I feel like you'd be better served with a different hero if you're planning on going laser build in most situations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What is Azmodans dunk build

Teach me obiwans

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Teach me obiwans

https://www.icy-veins.com/heroes/talent-calculator/azmodan#25.0!22.2..4

You can switch up your talents at 7, 13, and 16.

At 7 you generally just take globe but bound minion is incredibly strong on large maps so you can take that for more split pushing.

At 13 globe and laser are both good, more sustain or better team fighting.

At 16 take smite for split pushing or battleborn for better team fighting.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Teach me obiwans

I'm at work or I'd get the talent names

Sieging wrath-->Wcost less mana talent-->globe speed talent-->black pool-->w talent-->globe talent-->D talent or black pool upgrade

Build stacks early, clear waves from anywhere on the map and drop mad generals late. Azmo can also solo merc camps pretty well. A blackpooled dunk will kill like half a valla once SW quest is done and if you hit 3 people with it your team will probably win the fight.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I really like Gluttonous Ward. One of the few group mana regen talents. Lets Azmo pretend to be a support.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I might not know enough about dunk build but y'all clueless about laser build in turn. Boring is an opinion I'll grant, I find dunk boring myself. But getting stunned is whatever. It's back in five seconds. That stun didn't hit vallah. Azmo has a massive health pool so if they follow up that stun with damage you're basically chen while your team gets to fight freely. It's back up in five seconds.
Yeah it forces you closer to the action so if your team crumples or you rub up on a fort at the wrong time you're dead as hell.

I spam q and w on cool down in team fights and rarely hit below 50% Mana. Level 1 talent basically removes the Mana cost from laser.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cheers lads. I'll take the big boss man for a spin soon~

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I might not know enough about dunk build but y'all clueless about laser build in turn. Boring is an opinion I'll grant, I find dunk boring myself. But getting stunned is whatever. It's back in five seconds. That stun didn't hit vallah. Azmo has a massive health pool so if they follow up that stun with damage you're basically chen while your team gets to fight freely. It's back up in five seconds.
Yeah it forces you closer to the action so if your team crumples or you rub up on a fort at the wrong time you're dead as hell.

I spam q and w on cool down in team fights and rarely hit below 50% Mana. Level 1 talent basically removes the Mana cost from laser.

You're not Chen because you don't have infinite shields or any mobility. Nobody takes laser build to team fight.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Froghammer posted:

Tassadar's lifesteal is broken as gently caress. Tell your friends.

I QM'd and got 3x MVPs with this build the other night after the patch/changes (also Tassadar is one of my all-time most played characters):

http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/tassadar#kg91

The lifesteal shield buff to 90% you can put it on a heavy melee hero and you can literally watch their health bar go from 0 to 100 if they have a long set of attacks. I had to explain how good this shield was in every game and usually the melee understood after the first fight. Like "if you get a shield attack a lot because your lifesteal is going to be insane" and they were like "oh wow oh WOW"

This build empowers your beam in several ways and the synergy with oracle is great. He makes melee characters infinitely better, wave clears like a boss, and is virtually impossible to kill unless you really gently caress up.

When it comes time for late/end game team fights, if the enemy team gets stacks up and engages on your team in a pile, you pop Archon and literally light them all up so fast with lightning/splash auto-attacks it's disgusting.

Libertine fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 2, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I take laser build to team fight. It's good in team fights. It zones out and gets kills.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You're objectively wrong but you do you.

Everyone else who wants to do well and win with Azmo should take globe build to team fight and laser build to push.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Dunk build lets you point and click to eliminate a minion wave from across the entire loving map. And your D is global so your poo poo should be pushing up constantly. Also dunk on the red team dudes, dunk on everything. Always be dunkin'

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

bamhand posted:

You're objectively wrong but you do you.

Everyone else who wants to do well and win with Azmo should take globe build to team fight and laser build to push.

You can just ask the people I was playing with last night :shrug:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

You can just ask the people I was playing with last night :shrug:

Lots of stuff works great against Beginner AI.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

E: ^^^ We're on different sides of this disagreement but :golfclap:

bamhand posted:

You're not Chen because you don't have infinite shields or any mobility. Nobody takes laser build to team fight.

:airquote: objectively wrong :airquote:

Laser build melts buildings, sure, but as stated before it can disrupt team fights by soaking stuns or chasing DPS or heals away. It's an ultimatum that must be dealt with. Don't take it vs a 5 stun team but otherwise it is very much viable.

Even a split push modan needs some team fight sense. When to join, who to laser.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 2, 2017

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The real issue isn't being addressed. Aren't they more like three pointers than dunks most the time?

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Snacksmaniac posted:

The real issue isn't being addressed. Aren't they more like three pointers than dunks most the time?

Asking the real questions. This is one of the great unsolved mysteries of the universe.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Lots of stuff works great against Beginner AI.

Lol I might even win with you on the team if that was the case

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

BrianBoitano posted:

E: ^^^ We're on different sides of this disagreement but :golfclap:

:airquote: objectively wrong :airquote:

Laser build melts buildings, sure, but as stated before it can disrupt team fights by soaking stuns or chasing DPS or heals away. It's an ultimatum that must be dealt with. Don't take it vs a 5 stun team but otherwise it is very much viable.

Even a split push modan needs some team fight sense. When to join, who to laser.

I didn't mean that it can't team fight at all. But dunk build is better for team fighting. If you want to concentrate completely on split pushing and have mediocre team fighting capability you go laser. If you want to have strong team fighting and weaker pushing you go dunk.

Everything you said was correct, I'm just saying you don't go laser if your main priority is to have a strong team fight capability.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

Snacksmaniac posted:

All I know is "dunking" is a basketball reference and he looks like he's throwing a basketball

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Depends, though. If you need to take the pressure off one of your other DPS, being a big fat laser dude is the right choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

bamhand posted:

I didn't mean that it can't team fight at all. But dunk build is better for team fighting. If you want to concentrate completely on split pushing and have mediocre team fighting capability you go laser. If you want to have strong team fighting and weaker pushing you go dunk.

Everything you said was correct, I'm just saying you don't go laser if your main priority is to have a strong team fight capability.

I don't even know if dunk build is worse at pushing. With sieging wrath you can clear all 3 lanes without going out of position, and if you take the general talent at 20 you will constantly be causing a lot of pressure. I guess it kills a fort slower since you can't use the minion ult and laser the fort down super fast, but the trade off is you push all 3 lanes at once and don't have to put yourself out of position to do it.