Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

A couple reports from reliable sources are saying that Milan are going to sign Lucas Biglia, which...fills a need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Troy Queef posted:

A couple reports from reliable sources are saying that Milan are going to sign Lucas Biglia, which...fills a need?

* midfielder
* not Montolivo

Yeah, fills a need.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Cool teams Parma, Lecce and Livorno (and some other teams I don't care about) are in the running to go up to B in the Lega Pro promotion playoffs quarterfinals. I want one of those 3 to go up, but not sure which one.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Parma going up would be sweet. The only reason they didn't go up directly was because of the whole Venezia being really good and well funded for once thing.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Kessie owns and is a good signing

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Lookit that new av!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

If you want some exciting text lemme know, haha

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Ah crap, I forgot about that. Let's go with the evergreen Dai dai dai!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Juve's stadium naming rights holder finally found a sponsor. As of July 1st Juventus Stadium will become one of the many Allianz Stadiums in existence. Juve sold the naming rights to a broker when the stadium was built 6 years ago, but they didn't find a taker until now.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Uncle Pat is the best https://www.instagram.com/p/BUyWtQbhjrT

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Ascoli has hired Enzo Maresca as their new manager, because recently retired players always work out well as managers.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

He played for Juve under Lippi though, that's the magic formula

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Probably some weird kickback for Orsolini.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

Kessie owns and is a good signing

Isn't he *rolls dice* 28 or something?

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Congratulations, you've now signed for the greatest club in Italy, AC Milan

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Woodenlung posted:

https://twitter.com/IFTVofficial/status/870662647485792256

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Woodenlung posted:

lmao

Buona Festa Della Repubblica, stronzi

e: Kessie is on a 2 year loan with option to buy, that's some Galliani money laundering level poo poo right there

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Love it

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

lmao

Buona Festa Della Repubblica, stronzi

e: Kessie is on a 2 year loan with option to buy, that's some Galliani money laundering level poo poo right there

Old habits die hard

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Chesny to Juve is a thing now? WHY?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Chesny to Juve is a thing now? WHY?

Backup obv. I'm surprised he's not going somewhere where he'll start. Maybe Neto wants to leave for that reason. You could do a lot worse!

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I've seen this mentioned in our papers as well, but I can't quite believe it. It seems insane to go to a club to be a nailed on bench warmer. A very odd choice to say the least. Then again, it's obvious Arsene doesn't want him back, and there are very few clubs willing to shell out Arsenal's asking price or his wages. It's better to be a backup to Buffon than playing reserves in a third rate English club.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

mackintosh posted:

I've seen this mentioned in our papers as well, but I can't quite believe it. It seems insane to go to a club to be a nailed on bench warmer. A very odd choice to say the least. Then again, it's obvious Arsene doesn't want him back, and there are very few clubs willing to shell out Arsenal's asking price or his wages. It's better to be a backup to Buffon than playing reserves in a third rate English club.

Out of the three who do you rate? Sczc, Fabianski or Skorupski?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Gigi Galli posted:

Out of the three who do you rate? Sczc, Fabianski or Skorupski?

It's actually very difficult to rate them. Fabiański has consistency on his side. He's predictable and capable. You expect him to save everything that a good keeper would save. Szczęsny isn't particularly consistent, but he's a miracle worker. He's very much like young Boruc was. On a good day his goal is impenetrable. He'll save seemingly unstoppable shots and single-handedly win the game. But then he'll commit a monumental blunder and ruin everything in the very next game. Skorupski is somewhere in between these two. I still rate Fabianski first, with Sczęsny and Skorupski a close second. Szczęsny still needs to work on his consistency. He's slowly getting there though. Perhaps a stint as Buffon's back up would do him well. Skorupski needs a transfer to a better side to really test his mettle.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
With the contract numbers being rumored for Szczesny, he'd have to be viewed as Buffon's backup for one season and then taking over as the starter when Buffon retires next summer.

I will admit that Szczesny has proved to be a much better keeper than I ever thought he was capable of, like mackintosh said, when he's at his best he's truly excellent. I still want to see him get punched in the face every time his mug is on the tv screen though, so I'm not sure that I'd be happy with him at Juve.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I'm making GBS threads bricks rn

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I spent the night cleaning and restringing my guitars, cleaning and adjusting my bike and having a couple beers to curb the nerves, still nervous and not ready for sleep so it didn't work that well but at least I got a lot of poo poo done.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I'm going to watch the match in a canadian pub of all places, where the ratio should be 1:1 Juventus and Real Madrid fans. With me, a Bayern Munich, Liverpool and Chelsea fans; considering bringing my Pepito Rossi purple jersey for maximum trollage.

If I don't post tomorrow I've been stabbed probably.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

canepazzo posted:

I'm going to watch the match in a canadian pub of all places, where the ratio should be 1:1 Juventus and Real Madrid fans. With me, a Bayern Munich, Liverpool and Chelsea fans; considering bringing my Pepito Rossi purple jersey for maximum trollage.

If I don't post tomorrow I've been stabbed probably.

I'm glad you'll die with the best avatar.

We'll miss you.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
I'm tree planting in backwoods Alberta and we have a four hour camp move tomorrow and I'm going to "get lost" and sneak off to a Tim Hortons to use their wifi to maybe catch 30 mins of the game

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I'm going to watch at a nearby bar with about 150 Juve lads and it's gonna own. The scary looking Italians who show up sometimes are definitely gonna be there and I'm sure that they were real drughi back in Italy, they are responsible for teaching all the songs to the fake drughi group we have here.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I'm on my umpteenth beer tonight on my couch and I'll be in the same place in 13 hours yelling dai dai dai

The NY Times had a good article about Juve in the CL yesterday

https://twitter.com/NYTSports/status/870849921360044032
And an even better profile on Buffon
https://twitter.com/RorySmith/status/870544822188355584

trem_two fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jun 3, 2017

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017
I'm still trying to find my jaw after that goal. Unreal.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Shame they didn't get it this time. That Mandzukic goal was fully loving sick though

Especially if they don't make it next season. I was watching for Buffon to get it finally :(

Soulex fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 4, 2017

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Update: didn't get stabbed. Ratio was 10:1 Real/Juventus fans after all.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Wore my Inter jersey, people still seemed to think I was a Real fan.

Extremely good result and evening imo, 8/10

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
It was a great day for all the ABJs.

That stampede in Turin was a proper clusterfuck. 1500 people were injured, luckily only 3 are considered serious.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

trem_two posted:

That stampede in Turin was a proper clusterfuck. 1500 people were injured, luckily only 3 are considered serious.

I just read about this, sounds absolutely terrifying. Glad most people are alright though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Christ, that's doubled since yesterday. We're lucky nobody was killed.

Sorry about all the ribbing yesterday, I genuinely felt bad for Juve fans in the second half after that really great first half. And I know something about terrible second halves in a champions league final!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Sorry about all the ribbing yesterday, I genuinely felt bad for Juve fans in the second half after that really great first half. And I know something about terrible second halves in a champions league final!!!

wouldn't have it any other way :discourse:

• Locked thread