Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Sixers gonna trade for Klay and the Warriors will have a nice young wing on a rookie contract (Josh Jackson) to replace Iguodala

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ive got a pretty good scoop fellas. a hell of an n:

kevin durant is a bitchmade idiot

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

(crabbe is valuable)

Yea he played off the bench and still got 10 ppg on 60% TS, he probably would have averaged 20 for Brooklyn

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Bold prediction: the Cavs will shoot better than 35% in the rest of the Finals.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Kevin Durant let Javale get his first Finals dunk.

KD is all right with me.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
You guys should chill out for a minute and watch this:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/870663877524107264

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

wandler20 posted:

You guys should chill out for a minute and watch this:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/870663877524107264

hosed up that JR is the turtle instead of Jeb.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
So during the game the announcer kept saying Curry was 'showing' on pick n rolls. I am dumb and have no idea what this means.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

BitterAvatar posted:

So during the game the announcer kept saying Curry was 'showing' on pick n rolls. I am dumb and have no idea what this means.

I believe it means he strongly moves towards the ball-handler to cut off a potential drive to the basket and then quickly retreats back to his man.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Fast Luck posted:

Honestly, Kevin Durant's legacy will be worse having won 12 championships with the Warriors than it would be if he never made the finals in Oklahoma City.

I was looking for that youtube of the 2 guys on a tree limb, then on the moon and the one guy says to the other "biiiitch" (edit- he's talking about his wife)

It seems appropriate every time Durant's name is posted. Someone help a brotha out

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/870672710485016576

Has there ever been another NBA player deemed an enemy of a state that is actively terrorized like this?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Presti coming up new ways to clear cap space

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Metapod posted:

No way in hell he gets forgiven like that

Correct. The way he would get forgiven like Lebron would be if he wins a couple of rings and then goes home like Lebron did.

Home for Durant is DC, which has a Bullets errr.. Wizards fanbase that has suffered for decades. If he went there he would be forgiven, and if he managed to get them a title, he would ascend to God-King status overnight.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Mr. Mambold posted:

I was looking for that youtube of the 2 guys on a tree limb, then on the moon and the one guy says to the other "biiiitch" (edit- he's talking about his wife)

It seems appropriate every time Durant's name is posted. Someone help a brotha out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LGEiIL1__s

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

BitterAvatar posted:

Here is a good article that talks about P&R defense.
http://www.sbnation.com/2014/4/18/5601402/nba-pick-and-roll-defense-playoffs-2014

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

BitterAvatar posted:

If you are guarding the screener you dive quickly up to the ball handler whilst still trying to keep in contact with the roller, giving time for the player guarding the ball handler to fight over the screen and get back on his man. Then you quickly drop back to your original man who is now rolled into the paint. It's a way of guarding the pick and roll without having to switch it, but it requires excellent defensive coordination and a lot of effort.

Chris Bosh shows here on this PnR at the end of this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR8fkYZ6S3w

Cleveland got a lot of joy in the first quarter because Curry was showing aggressively to avoid Lebron switching onto him, but there were a few times he lost his original man and couldn't get back to him quick enough and then another time I remember where he fell back to pick up his man before the original defender had got back to Lebron, giving him a wide open three. But then the Cavs started to self destruct with turnovers and lazy poo poo so didn't really exploit much in the second half.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 2, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TipTow posted:

Has there ever been another NBA player deemed an enemy of a state that is actively terrorized like this?

Wilt in Philadelphia .

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

euphronius posted:

Wilt in Philadelphia .

beat me to it, but I was going to say Bill Russell in Boston

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

This is one of the most unintentionally funny post I've eve read

TipTow posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

And that's the father who even disowned him because of the political poo poo. drat.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

euphronius posted:

Wilt in Philadelphia .

BWV posted:

beat me to it, but I was going to say Bill Russell in Boston

Fair enough.

Paperback Writer posted:

And that's the father who even disowned him because of the political poo poo. drat.

Yeah, I'm sure it's not about the father at all and about getting at Kanter.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

tanglewood1420 posted:

If you are guarding the screener you dive quickly up to the ball handler whilst still trying to keep in contact with the roller, giving time for the player guarding the ball handler to fight over the screen and get back on his man. Then you quickly drop back to your original man who is now rolled into the paint. It's a way of guarding the pick and roll without having to switch it, but it requires excellent defensive coordination and a lot of effort.

Chris Bosh shows here on this PnR at the end of this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR8fkYZ6S3w

Cleveland got a lot of joy in the first quarter because Curry was showing aggressively to avoid Lebron switching onto him, but there were a few times he lost his original man and couldn't get back to him quick enough and then another time I remember where he fell back to pick up his man before the original defender had got back to Lebron, giving him a wide open three. But then the Cavs started to self destruct with turnovers and lazy poo poo so didn't really exploit much in the second half.

Those are both super helpful!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bigass Moth posted:

hosed up that JR is the turtle instead of Jeb.

Agreed

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Lol, thank you.

I said beeeiiiitch

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Paperback Writer posted:

Erdogan- "That was a soft disown."

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Paperback Writer posted:

To be fair his dad probably disowned him for fear of what might happen to his family still in Turkey.

Absolutely terrifying situation. Can't even imagine what Kanters family is going through right now.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

To be fair his dad probably disowned him for fear of what might happen to his family still in Turkey.

Absolutely terrifying situation. Can't even imagine what Kanters family is going through right now.

He did. If he hadn't, this would have happened a long time ago.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

predicto posted:

Talk about revisionist history.

OKC was a 55-27 win team. GSW was 73-9.

Yes, OKC played their asses off in a playoff series against GSW and almost pulled off a massive upset, but they were not equal teams.

The difference between a 55 win team and a 73 win team is much smaller than the difference between a 55 win team and a 37 win team; the Thunder weren't that far removed from contention and as was previously stated almost beat the 73 win team and were up 3-1. A massive upset but not luck or anything like that. They also beat the #2 seed in the West. The Thunder weren't some scrub team hoisted up by Durant either.

WhyteRyce posted:

On thing I enjoy about the Warriors winning right now is that they can plug anyone in as a head coach and the team still looks like one of the greatest ever...anyone except for Mark Jackson

Please do not discount Mike Brown's ability to gently caress the Cavs

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
If David Stern was still commissioner he would already have some of those Jersey Mob guys headed over to Turkey to assassinate Erdogan and take care of this problem for Kanter.

He knows where the bodies are buried because he buried them.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Libertine posted:

If David Stern was still commissioner he would already have called Kizer Soze in Turkey to assassinate Erdogan and take care of this problem for Kanter.

He knows where the bodies are buried because he buried them.

ftfy

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Declan MacManus posted:

The difference between a 55 win team and a 73 win team is much smaller than the difference between a 55 win team and a 37 win team

No, it's not

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

TipTow posted:

iverson?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Glen Davis by Austin Rivers' tight rear end. I mean, rear end pants. Tight rear end pants.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

No, it's not

It's much harder to go from 55 to 73 wins vs 37 to 55, but I think Declan's point is at that level things like match-ups, health, etc become a lot bigger factors than if you look at a 60 win 1 seed vs a 42 win 8th seed.

I also think the Thunder were absolutely a contender or very close to it. I can tell because they were in a game 7 in the WCF.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

It's much harder to go from 55 to 73 wins vs 37 to 55, but I think Declan's point is at that level things like match-ups, health, etc become a lot bigger factors than if you look at a 60 win 1 seed vs a 42 win 8th seed.

I also think the Thunder were absolutely a contender or very close to it. I can tell because they were in a game 7 in the WCF.

Yeah I can agree with that interpretation, I was just going by the fact that there has been one 73 win team ever.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
What are the five best NBA player tweets of all time and is there one better than the glazed donut rear end face?

Also Phil Jackson's 11 Championship Rings tweet is Top 3 all time from anyone.

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 2, 2017

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

euphronius posted:

(crabbe is valuable)

FOR ME TO POOP ON

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Bigass Moth posted:

What are the five best NBA player tweets of all time and is there one better than the glazed donut rear end face?

I'm not sure if it was instagram or twitter but Danny Green's holocaust selfie is the best piece of NBA social media. Also this

https://twitter.com/paulpierce34/status/618860245025030144

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah rumour is that Tolliver was a great veteran. Wasn't there some report about him working with the young guys and telling them something like "my job is to teach you how to take my job"? That kind of frankness, humiliate and willing to teach while being putting up solid minutes as a stretch four off the bench seems like it would be worth the 6 mill he was getting paid in this economy, but I ain't Vivek.

• Locked thread