Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

spit on my clit posted:

so is cyborg good in this game

I mean he's Cyborg so keeping your expectations low is wise.

He's...decent. His trait is garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is his trait that bad? I saw there were some cool zip-line crossup setups you could do with it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I've literally never seen his trait used well

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I just tuned into Pig of the Hut's stream and he's talking about how he's going to show the world how annoying Cyborg is this Sunday.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is there another way to trigger meter burn besides R2? Because I seem to use it sometimes and I'm not exactly sure why

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also how do I deal with corner pressure? Is it just trying to MB 3 or MB roll out?

I am doing the same tower I did last night and I guess it stays the same because Wonder Woman is owning me again a dozen times in a row

Edit: Well I guess not exactly the same because now I'm losing to the next fight a dozen times in a row

And great it looks like they stuck that 12-level AI Ivy from the single player multiverse into this guild tower except she has a slide and can shoot projectiles from her hand as a normal attack or something

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 2, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Goddamn gently caress poo poo gently caress.

I spent literally three hours and lost literally 120 times to the boss of that multiverse guild tower. I was thinking I would make a joke post with a screenshot of my losses after I completed it, but I realized around loss 75 that was probably never going to happen. The boss did 20% more damage than me and took 20% less damage, and was just reading my inputs. I spent this much time on a boss in Nioh but at least that felt like a real accomplishment and was fair. Even if I succeeded here, it would just be another random mundane bullshit fight that meant little, and in this case meant nothing because I didn't even earn any guild points. Why is this in a level 1 guild tower

Edit: Then I went online while still on tilt and got completely wrecked by a Deadshot without even taking half a bar off. I have a pounding headache and my fingers are numb

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 2, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is there another way to trigger meter burn besides R2? Because I seem to use it sometimes and I'm not exactly sure why

Check your input timings in Practice mode. Meter Burn will go off if you even slightly depress R2.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I spent literally three hours and lost literally 120 times to the boss of that multiverse guild tower. I was thinking I would make a joke post with a screenshot of my losses after I completed it, but I realized around loss 75 that was probably never going to happen. The boss did 20% more damage than me and took 20% less damage, and was just reading my inputs. I spent this much time on a boss in Nioh but at least that felt like a real accomplishment and was fair. Even if I succeeded here, it would just be another random mundane bullshit fight that meant little, and in this case meant nothing because I didn't even earn any guild points. Why is this in a level 1 guild tower

Edit: Then I went online while still on tilt and got completely wrecked by a Deadshot without even taking half a bar off. I have a pounding headache and my fingers are numb

Just tried the boss myself, didn't get in a single proper hit before getting KO'd :(

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Cyborgs trait is good, once its started even hitting him out of it won't stop it.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also how do I deal with corner pressure? Is it just trying to MB 3 or MB roll out?

I am doing the same tower I did last night and I guess it stays the same because Wonder Woman is owning me again a dozen times in a row

Edit: Well I guess not exactly the same because now I'm losing to the next fight a dozen times in a row

And great it looks like they stuck that 12-level AI Ivy from the single player multiverse into this guild tower except she has a slide and can shoot projectiles from her hand as a normal attack or something

Well the big thing about corner pressure is its meant to be hard to deal with, its your penalty for getting cornered. Gotta block a lot, learn some of your quicker moves but if all else fails use your d1 for almost everyone its a good tool to take pressure off. If you can nab in a d1 the hit stun on it is such that its still your "turn" and you can attempt a throw to put them in the corner, jump out, try another move etc etc.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I've been watching my lvl 18 Joker fight the same lvl 20 Batman for the last hour and a half. You'd think I'd get lucky by now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think I might try to learn Atrocitus as a second character, both the rage and the cat are really speaking to me right now

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think I might try to learn Atrocitus as a second character, both the rage and the cat are really speaking to me right now

He's an incredibly strong character with tons of options for just about everything, you can't go wrong with him.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Any specific tips for getting combos to land after a J3? I've been playing both Supergirl and Canary and for whatever reason I seem to have the most trouble trying to keep their juggles going past the J3 following their B3 launchers.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Evil Canadian posted:

Feel like im shilling but playing ranked right now

https://www.twitch.tv/rooflemonger

come bug me about my thought process or whatever, mostly gonna play grodd/harley/wonder woman.

Ahhh I wasn't home last night. I hope the video is up!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You're supposed to team up with your buddies to fight multiverse guild bosses.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.

Jimmy Hats posted:

But how useful is it if you yourself (ie me) can't even manage to hit the boss in the first place?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sucks this and trekker came put so close to each other :(

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Prygelknabe posted:

But how useful is it if you yourself (ie me) can't even manage to hit the boss in the first place?

Extremely useful: While one guy fights the boss the other two use assist abilities like you see in other multiverse events: You have an attack, a support item, and an instant support that are all on fairly short cooldowns. You can use your attack while buddy is being punched in the face and it`ll gently caress up the bosses`combos, and you can throw health and meter at your buddy to power him up. It makes the boss fight really trivial.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

Jimmy Hats posted:

Extremely useful: While one guy fights the boss the other two use assist abilities like you see in other multiverse events: You have an attack, a support item, and an instant support that are all on fairly short cooldowns. You can use your attack while buddy is being punched in the face and it`ll gently caress up the bosses`combos, and you can throw health and meter at your buddy to power him up. It makes the boss fight really trivial.

Awesome, thanks :hfive:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

That was a follow-up the post immediately before that where I talked about the rest of the tower. I actually did better trying to solo against the skull boss tower than what I was talking about, which was one of the other towers which has 7 fights and you can only do solo. I just called it a boss because it was the last fight in the tower and also a wrecking ball of a fight.

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 2, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FINALLY got my neon whip hell ya. Thanks catwoman event.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Empress Brosephine posted:

Ohhhh is that the reward? Nice, time to level up Catwoman.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
But do any of the shaders turn her into Halle Berry?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They have the catwoman movie gear in the game so sure.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken

MrJacobs posted:

because you can do both? Cast field, chill in field while throwing orbs and poo poo. Get very tiny amounts of health and cause damage to/annoy the other guy.

The amount you heal or deal with them is just so small they're not worth using. You can't really fire them off when the enemy is in your face and when the enemy is far away, it's better just to fling stuff to keep them there.

Unrelated, but every time I think a character is useless I see a vid that changes my opinion. I always thought cyborg was useless but seeing him shut down some pretty strong characters changed my mind. Ivy's pretty deadly once you understand how she works (space control and relentless pressure). Even seen some Bane play that was pretty impressive.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Grem posted:

Ohhhh is that the reward? Nice, time to level up Catwoman.

This is a good event. Catwoman's free combo trait seemed pretty boring to me, but considering I drop combos all the time it actually seems pretty useful! I need five epics to finish this objective though. I guess I should open the 200 lootboxes I have lying around and hope for the best

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah can't wait to do it tonight and finish it. Catwoman has boring gear but she's my fav character and she looks cool now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh wow, I just noticed that the rewards for the other towers in this event are a full set of Catwoman epic gear.

This is actually a Great event

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

NarkyBark posted:

The amount you heal or deal with them is just so small they're not worth using. You can't really fire them off when the enemy is in your face and when the enemy is far away, it's better just to fling stuff to keep them there.

Unrelated, but every time I think a character is useless I see a vid that changes my opinion. I always thought cyborg was useless but seeing him shut down some pretty strong characters changed my mind. Ivy's pretty deadly once you understand how she works (space control and relentless pressure). Even seen some Bane play that was pretty impressive.

Do you have links for good Ivy play, I'm trying to main her (will be sticking mainly to single player since I suck in MP) but I can't really get a feel for her.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

gently caress this lights out modifier, I can't even watch the AI with that strobe effect.

And yeah hot drat time to get Catwoman up to par

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
There was an Ivy player in top 8 at combo breaker. You can find the videos on NRS's Twitch Channel.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dragon took Ivy to top 8 at the last big tournament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUPfJA5McW0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDban1OY0eg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL36x3ktybs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MukDJQZPm7U&t=710s

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
brainiac : the illusive kara zor-el

powergirl: your princess is in another castle, brainiac.

Evil Con Carne
Nov 30, 2004
Joo go back to burger king where you came from

Holy gently caress, how am I suppose to beat this green latern boss if I barely do any drat damage to him and he's constantly doing 9 hit combos on my rear end. Has anyone done this no will power mission? It's the only objective I need left for the fueled by hate event.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I didn't play for 2 whole days so going to the guild page brought up like 30 pages of announcements and boxes.
Which correspondingly take like 10 minutes to open one by one.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Saint Freak posted:

I didn't play for 2 whole days so going to the guild page brought up like 30 pages of announcements and boxes.
Which correspondingly take like 10 minutes to open one by one.

I like when games give me weed/beer break opportunities.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

codenameFANGIO posted:

I like when games give me weed/beer break opportunities.

Letting WW's ai get me her movie set was already going to be my break though :/

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Poison Ivy is one of the most bizarre and interesting characters in the game so I'm happy she's being taken far. That Ivy v. Grodd series is really good and I'm glad both are fun to watch at high level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

Empress Brosephine posted:

But do you have the neon claws to go with it? Because they look drat good together.

Also, is there any way to intentionally choose 0 bars during clashes, or do you have to let the timer run down?

• Locked thread