Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

No you see, in a world where most countries currency is pegged to the dollar, they want to really gently caress us cause it's funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Peg everything to the euro

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

awesome-express posted:

this unironically

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Lightning Lord posted:

Pretty sure the rest of the world wants the US economy to be good and cool because it's a huge marketplace for their products

when the only thing you want is to hurt your opponents, that's all you think everyone else is doing

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

awesome-express posted:

an unironically good idea except it would further enable world powers to gently caress over small countries with no global influence

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

awesome-express posted:

as a European, that is an awful awful idea

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theflyingorc posted:

when the only thing you want is to hurt your opponents, that's all you think everyone else is doing

Yeah, this. He's projecting hard. Trump doesn't see this or any other issue as real and he doesn't know anything about them. He doesn't know what climate change is, he doesn't know what the paris accord is. He is upset that Macron alpha-dogged him and he retaliated by pulling out of the paris agreement because he thought it would re-establish his alphaness. Instead it just means that everyone looks at him like "really dude? you're loving dumb goddamn" and the US will never be trusted the same way for several generations.

If someone can look you in the face and tell you they believe trump understands what climate change is then they are lying sacks of poo poo, I simply don't believe anyone on this earth actually believes that trump knows the first god drat thing about it.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

I have trouble telling what stupid things the administration actually believes and what are just lies for the benefit of the rubes. Is there really any distinguishable difference anymore?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

awesome-express posted:

Oh god no, the euro has been lurching from crisis to crisis for years now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Peg everything to Bitcoin

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Peg everything to CAD, aka the Party Dollar.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Lord posted:

I have trouble telling what stupid things the administration actually believes and what are just lies for the benefit of the rubes. Is there really any distinguishable difference anymore?

Trump doesn't know or believe anything. He acts out of petty instinct and his administration says whatever stupid bullshit they have to to agree with and try to justify his petty retard decisions. It's that awful and that simple.

Some of them have policy goals of their own, and they try to influence his broken retard brain towards those goals. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ThePeavstenator posted:

an unironically good idea except it would further enable world powers to gently caress over small countries with no global influence

isn't the eu made up of small countries with no global influence?

:iceburn:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Lightning Lord posted:

Things I'm sure Trump believes:
Trickle Down economics is good
Regulation strangles businesses

Things I'm completely sure he doesn't believe:
Climate Change exists
God Exists

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Lightning Lord posted:

Conservatives exist outside morality and have no concept of truth or lie.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

theflyingorc posted:

He knows that regulations strangle his business, I don't think he cares about anyone else's.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

haveblue posted:

He knows that regulations strangle his business, I don't think he cares about anyone else's.

Ask your average voter if they can name a regulation that has kept them from getting a job.

Then ask them what 'small government' means to them

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

Oh there's not even a chance he's ever thought of it such simple terms. It's more like:
"I'm awesome and deserve to feel good."
"gently caress anyone who doesn't agree that I'm awesome and agree to assist me in feeling good."

He doesn't know or care a drat thing about climate change, the Paris accords, or any other policy issue. He knows that Macron and Obama and Merkel all like the accords and that he hates them all and that he needs to lash out right the hell now to get the immediate gratification that he craves. Add in some nudging from people who understand how to stroke his ego just right, and that's how the story begins and ends.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 2, 2017

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
I'm late. Has spicer been on yet or did he run away and Pruitt hatched out?

Quotey fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 2, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

empty whippet box posted:

Yeah, this. He's projecting hard. Trump doesn't see this or any other issue as real and he doesn't know anything about them. He doesn't know what climate change is, he doesn't know what the paris accord is. He is upset that Macron alpha-dogged him and he retaliated by pulling out of the paris agreement because he thought it would re-establish his alphaness. Instead it just means that everyone looks at him like "really dude? you're loving dumb goddamn" and the US will never be trusted the same way for several generations.

If someone can look you in the face and tell you they believe trump understands what climate change is then they are lying sacks of poo poo, I simply don't believe anyone on this earth actually believes that trump knows the first god drat thing about it.

like. i know the GOP is loving awful and lovely/selfish/etc. but how the gently caress do they not see trump as a massive detriment. he will kill the GOP hard in the long term.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Sloober posted:

Ask your average voter if they can name a regulation that has kept them from getting a job.

Then ask them what 'small government' means to them

Well those darn wage regulations have kept lots of people from getting employed. I mean if we didn't have pesky wages we could have 100% employment! Let's not forget all the unemployed children due to child labor laws. That's millions of lost jobs right there!

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Dapper_Swindler posted:

like. i know the GOP is loving awful and lovely/selfish/etc. but how the gently caress do they not see trump as a massive detriment. he will kill the GOP hard in the long term.

I've thought about this a lot, and as far as I can see, there are basically three possible explanations, all equally terrifying.
1. They know and don't care because they will do anything and everything for immediate temporal power. Nothing matters.
2. They are literally that stupid.
3. They know and don't care because who cares about the ability to win elections if you don't plan on holding elections?

Obviously the first two are the most likely explanations, but still loving terrifying. Trump's already shown us that you don't need to be competent to do enormous damage.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Capitalism doesn't look beyond the next quarter so why should the GOP?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does anyone know anything about Bannon's daughters? It seems weird that they haven't surfaced as public figures yet. I would imagine they either cut him out of their lives years ago or they are traumatized wrecks in abusive relationships.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

Capitalism doesn't look beyond the next quarter so why should the GOP?

I like this because it also works if you just literally mean 25 cents

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Why would they be public figures? Are they active in politics? I get why it happens, but I really dislike family members of politicians being brought up as cudgels on either side, unless they're doing something directly relevant.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Is he really that much of a detriment? I mean he pretty much gave every Republican lawmaker a happy ending today by leaving the Paris climate agreement. They got the most evil FCC head ever who's about to destroy net neutrality. There's plenty of other awful things trump has and will do before he's impeached so he's working out pretty well for Republicans even if they are having a hard time Killing Obamacare and tax reform

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

business hammocks posted:

Does anyone know anything about Bannon's daughters? It seems weird that they haven't surfaced as public figures yet. I would imagine they either cut him out of their lives years ago or they are traumatized wrecks in abusive relationships.

I don't really know much about most government staff's daughters

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I've thought about this a lot, and as far as I can see, there are basically three possible explanations, all equally terrifying.
1. They know and don't care because they will do anything and everything for immediate temporal power. Nothing matters.
2. They are literally that stupid.
3. They know and don't care because who cares about the ability to win elections if you don't plan on holding elections?

Obviously the first two are the most likely explanations, but still loving terrifying. Trump's already shown us that you don't need to be competent to do enormous damage.

possibly. it honestly depends. i have various pretty conservative relatives including my godfather, who is great guy and is mostly conservative because fiscal stuff and abortion and mix of other reasons but is pretty left wing sorta forign policy wise(he isnt a neocon.) he is basicaly a Paleoconservative without the weird race poo poo. he doesnt like trump, but he hated Clinton more and basically (at least from my interpratation) that trump is a "a blow for the greater good" or some stuff.

Truancy-Bot
May 9, 2012

eat a dick, truancy-bot

business hammocks posted:

EDIT: this post previously had a photo of bannon's daughters but I deleted it after people pointed out it's intrusive

Truancy-Bot fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 2, 2017

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Truancy-Bot posted:

This is them apparently.

i would very much like to not talk about these people, it seems very, very weird to do so

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 2, 2017

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
Yeah, I don't see the point of talking about Bannon's children. Trump's kids outside of Barron are one thing because they keep poking their noses into politics, but Bannon's haven't done anything so it's just gross to bring them up

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I thought they were much older. I hope they're not crazy and that they were able to go to a school that had jews.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Hot take: Lets not try and talk about a dude's kids who've chosen to not involve themselves in this poo poo

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Think we would do the peso or rmb before we got that desperate.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
us all

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Jaxyon posted:

Hot take: Lets not try and talk about a dude's kids who've chosen to not involve themselves in this poo poo

It is the smartest decision they have ever or will ever make in their lives and yes.

Truancy-Bot
May 9, 2012

eat a dick, truancy-bot
My bad guys, I pulled the image. That was weird, should not have posted that.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Thanks for taking it down. And yeah, don't do that stuff. Thread rules updated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

• Locked thread