Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SonicRulez posted:

So what's everyone doing with tomes? I'm saving the Poetics to gear SAM up once I get it, but I'm not really sure what to do with Lore or Scripture. I've been sort've contemplating a second anima for my PLD, so I dump Lore into that when it's full. But I don't really care to start dumping Shire gear on it or my SMN this close to an expansion.

Buy lore tome crafting mats and sell them on the market board. If you have no more current classes you want to gear with scripture, save up 2000 and buy 20 scripture tokens to immediately buy sam and rdm weapons when they get to 60.

Unless poetics will be the catch-all tome for both ARR and HW content and scripture will just cease to exist on the 16th. I'm not really sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Huh, I've never actually sold anything on the market board before. Which stuff is most profitable?

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Along the same lines, when can I trade my remaining lore for fewer scripture?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fister Roboto posted:

Let me tell you about my zero damage fell cleaves on Cruise Chaser.

There have been so many too. :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

Huh, I've never actually sold anything on the market board before. Which stuff is most profitable?

Varies by server, where you are in the patch.
Nothing from Poetics is going to be valuable. Seals may be but probably not, Lore mats could be but also probably not.

On Gilga, Materia V is a pittance of what it was during 3.4, even crafter ones.

I'm pretty sure the market's kind of dead until Stormblood, at least on Gilga.

TheRagamuffin posted:

If you have a bunch of defunct tomes, you do it in Mor Dhona at those tome vendors.

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Unless poetics will be the catch-all tome for both ARR and HW content and scripture will just cease to exist on the 16th. I'm not really sure.

Yoshida pretty much said that poetics will gain all the current tomestone gear, but they've never completely deleted a tomestone without first putting it unobtainable and convertible for a patch cycle.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

i am tim! posted:

I've been spending my Poetics on a full set of augmented ironworks for my Red Mage, but now that I have it I'm not sure what else to get. I'm still gearing out some jobs at 60 so scriptures are going to that. Lore I'm mainly dumping into crafting materials because there really isn't anything else I can think to do with it. I already have two Anima and it's too late to start a third.

augmented ironworks for sam of course!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Leal posted:

augmented ironworks for sam of course!

Do we actually have an idea of what ilvl SAM/RDM starts with? It's very feasible they have i130 or better to begin with.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

TheRagamuffin posted:

you'll be able to come expansion

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
NoClip teaser for FFXIV docu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyzM6ZAe6JE

Danny O'Dwyer does really, really good poo poo.

edit: No word on series air date still, I just checked my patreon. Full trailer out next week, and air dates will be in there.

edit edit: gently caress, beaten, by an entire page.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 2, 2017

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?

Thundarr posted:

Buy lore tome crafting mats and sell them on the market board. If you have no more current classes you want to gear with scripture, save up 2000 and buy 20 scripture tokens to immediately buy sam and rdm weapons when they get to 60.

Also, if crafting mats aren't selling on the MB, buy demimateria and sell them to a vendor at 3500 gil a pop. It's 140k gil per full stack of lore, which, I mean, it's not a lot, but it's also a decent chunk of change.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

There have been so many too. :allears:

if you haven't dumped a zerk'd fell cleave on cruise chaser for zero damage approximately 0.07 seconds after limit cut goes off, you aren't really a warrior

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

World War Mammories posted:

if you haven't dumped a zerk'd fell cleave on cruise chaser for zero damage approximately 0.07 seconds after limit cut goes off, you aren't really a warrior

Or a tornado kick and seeing a big 0! pop up.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yay comics!

https://twitter.com/Damphotomas/status/870105468668186624

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
Surprised no one else has admitted to LB'ing around Limit Cut and having it do zero damage. I'm not alone, right?

Fister Roboto posted:

250 weapon, 255 armor, 220 head, belt and jewelry. This puts their ilevel to 235, which is enough to get into anything that's not EX or savage. I don't make the sky rat head piece because they all require an item that only comes from treasure maps, so it's a little expensive.

Thanks! This is actually more than I thought. I hope the market on my server is forgiving for mats.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ruta posted:

Surprised no one else has admitted to LB'ing around Limit Cut and having it do zero damage. I'm not alone, right?

I was told to burn our lb after the first time he destroys the platform. LB1 went off fine, but when we had an lb2 well it took slightly too long...

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Do we actually have an idea of what ilvl SAM/RDM starts with? It's very feasible they have i130 or better to begin with.

It's feasible, but since the only requirements will be have a level 50 and likely complete the 2.0 MSQ, I wouldn't be shocked if Samurai and Red Mage are given 2.1 MSQ reward equipment options.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So if you're in one of the Goon FCs on Excalibur and you're looking for a raid group for the new Stormblood content, I never was able to find one during Heavensward and, being the idiot I am, thought I might as well just make one from scratch with no experience whatsoever

You can find it and sign up if you're interested (god, why would you be) on the new offsite forums, here: http://catgirl.bargains/topic/17-new-squad/

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Based off of what DRK/MCH/AST got, they might get i130 gear, but only chest/pants and weapon. I'd be surprised if they got lower than i115 though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SonicRulez posted:

So what's everyone doing with tomes? I'm saving the Poetics to gear SAM up once I get it, but I'm not really sure what to do with Lore or Scripture. I've been sort've contemplating a second anima for my PLD, so I dump Lore into that when it's full. But I don't really care to start dumping Shire gear on it or my SMN this close to an expansion.

If you're wanting to gear SAM at 50, you don't need to save poetics. It shares monk gear at that level. Ironworks monk gear will be sam equippable, just grab a set. Likewise you can just craft the i115 monk gear and that will be sufficient armor for starting at 50.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Velthice posted:

the funny part about people whinging about neverreap in the current day is remembering yesteryear when we found out it was non-insignificantly faster to run than fractal

I would much rather have an 19 minute dungeon run I enjoy than a 15 minute dungeon I hate. Also Fractal has better aesthetics overall, but that's much more subjective.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ruta posted:

since i play blm and thus almost never get to actually use LB for boss fights the worst i get is poo poo like trying to show off and LBing the 4x adds on Lava Scorpion but having the LB go off too early and not do anything. WHICH IS SOME REAL BULLSHIT btw, if the adds are on screen i should be able to kill them, they shouldn't get half a second of spawn invulnerability or some poo poo!!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Let me tell you about how many melee LBs I've seen disappear even though I got to watch the full animation.

When you hit it right, though, and all four die the moment they pop out it feels really great, doesn't it? Like there are definitely parts of this game that are extremely satisfying when they work out right.

A nifty animation thing we found that I don't know if anyone else noticed, but if you war LB3 at 3 seconds of the A12 divine judgement countdown it looks like the laser chops through the wall. It looks really awesome and you can't get quite the same out of PLD or DRK.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

When you hit it right, though, and all four die the moment they pop out it feels really great, doesn't it? Like there are definitely parts of this game that are extremely satisfying when they work out right.

The most satisfying version of this is caster LB3ing the three orbs that show up during the Could of Darkness fight.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Countblanc posted:

since i play blm and thus almost never get to actually use LB for boss fights the worst i get is poo poo like trying to show off and LBing the 4x adds on Lava Scorpion but having the LB go off too early and not do anything. WHICH IS SOME REAL BULLSHIT btw, if the adds are on screen i should be able to kill them, they shouldn't get half a second of spawn invulnerability or some poo poo!!

The caster LB works like any mob aoe, they need to be inside the blue circle when your LB cast finished for it to do anything.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Axle_Stukov posted:

The caster LB works like any mob aoe, they need to be inside the blue circle when your LB cast finished for it to do anything.

Yeah I'm aware, but I've definitely had times where I made sure to time it so that my LB cast finished roughly .2-4 seconds after the summon (since it has a cast time you can predict it easily), and it doesn't ice them. I assume it's just cutting it too close and either there's some minor spawn invulnerability or i just cut it slightly too close, but either way drat it makes you feel dumb.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Speaking of, it'll be nice to play RDM for those few times I do LB because the change to Enochian will actually make it pretty hard to LB without dropping it as BLM. Like yeah you can refresh astral/umbral first and then do it but it's just one more thing to think about or where you have to postpone the LB for an extra GCD. Compared to RDM whose procs have pretty decent durations so you aren't immediately pressured to use them if you get one, and even dropping one isn't a HUGE dps loss unless you really needed to imbalance your mana ASAP from what I can tell.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Countblanc posted:

Speaking of, it'll be nice to play RDM for those few times I do LB because the change to Enochian will actually make it pretty hard to LB without dropping it as BLM. Like yeah you can refresh astral/umbral first and then do it but it's just one more thing to think about or where you have to postpone the LB for an extra GCD. Compared to RDM whose procs have pretty decent durations so you aren't immediately pressured to use them if you get one, and even dropping one isn't a HUGE dps loss unless you really needed to imbalance your mana ASAP from what I can tell.

You could just recast Enochian after LB, so all that happens is that you'll push back your next Polyglot.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Leal posted:

Well....

My main problem is they just snap. They'll face the tank then BAM, they're looking right at you. Or to the left. Or slightly less left. If they actually turned rather then snapped to different directions it wouldn't be that big of an annoyance.

What pants are those?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

For low hp mobs just saving a Foul for when they spawn might be all you need. 650 potency is pretty drat strong.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The LB talk reminds me: we've seen the SAM LB3, but do we have any idea what the RDM one could be?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Is there a good guide for when, where, and on whomst (I.E. what classes) to use AST cards? I've been mostly playing it by intuition which mostly works but I'd like to start optimizing who I Balance, for example. I pretty much only do dungeons, but raid advice is nice too I suppose.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Wasn't it the thing Alisae used in 3.4?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

The LB talk reminds me: we've seen the SAM LB3, but do we have any idea what the RDM one could be?

I thought we saw it in an earlier trailer, it was a big ol' sword of light.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Meldonox posted:

Wasn't it the thing Alisae used in 3.4?

I hope it isn't because that aether sword wasn't very impressive. :v:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

MechaCrash posted:

What pants are those?

They're the Tantalus Breeches, part of the 3 year sub reward.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Whats the deal with Summoner summing Bahumut, a loving raid boss in the trailers. Am i going to be seeing a lot of bahumuts floating around?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Lemon-Lime posted:

I hope it isn't because that aether sword wasn't very impressive. :v:

It's the same spell effect as the Green Circle Single Charge that Lamebricks Strikebox uses in A10 and she had GLD placeholder animations so I doubt it's the exact same animation.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Whats the deal with Summoner summing Bahumut, a loving raid boss in the trailers. Am i going to be seeing a lot of bahumuts floating around?

Summoners also summon trial bosses, so nothing new really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

it requires using skills on enemies to trigger and has a short duration so at most you'll see it in areas with training dummies for 20 seconds at a time

• Locked thread