Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah the Junkrat thing is also funny because it also translates to "just poo poo grenades everywhere and never aim isn't as viable, and folks will actually shoot your tire if it drives straight at them from the chokepoint." People are always surprised to see Junkrat actually hit a moving target with his gun. I'm not saying he's viable in the top-tier pro games, but most characters and team comps aren't.

It's also just weird to see goons (who usually aren't in master) bitch about gold and plat players or otherwise pretend advice that applies to well over 50% of the playerbase is bad, and advice that only holds true to the top 10% is the word of god.

You can top 500 with any character in Overwatch, there are top 500 Sombra mains when she has the verifiably worst winrate in the entire game at all ladder ranks bar none. Saying "well you CAN win with this" is kind of a meaningless statement, you can win with whatever, it's a question of how much work you're going to have to put into things in order to get there and there are frequently options which will allow you to rise quicker with less onerous effort than trying to force a specific character-shaped peg into a progressively more challenging series of holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm friends with one of those sombra mains. He had a lot of stories.

Kyrosiris posted:

Not available as a skin though. :negative:

Just get the genie skin

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Wonder if they'll go the overwatch route of only dropping fromspecial crates, or make the craft prices obscenely high. I started stockpiling crates a bit after opening D.Va, so hoping it'll carry over here.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Just get the genie skin

Already have it, obviously. :v:

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich
So the loot boxes in this game get rolled when you open them, and not when they are created, right? So if a guy had a Tracer box and he wanted some of the upcoming Tracer stuff, he could hold on to it until it came out for a better shot of rolling it?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

EdRush posted:

So the loot boxes in this game get rolled when you open them, and not when they are created, right? So if a guy had a Tracer box and he wanted some of the upcoming Tracer stuff, he could hold on to it until it came out for a better shot of rolling it?

Yep.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

EdRush posted:

I'm definitely not opening any loot boxes until this new content drops because it decreases my likelihood of dupe items.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I had an idea for a Hogger hero, the trait would be "Guard Killer" or "Wanted!" or something and when activated would let hoggers abilities and auto attacks hit friendly minions and make them become hostile only to hogger. Killing friendly-turned-hostile units would yield only 1/4 of their exp. Would that be broken as gently caress? Kind of an inverse Xul. Maybe make Hogger pay out extra exp on death as needed.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

I had an idea for a Hogger hero, the trait would be "Guard Killer" or "Wanted!" or something and when activated would let hoggers abilities and auto attacks hit friendly minions and make them become hostile only to hogger. Killing friendly-turned-hostile units would yield only 1/4 of their exp. Would that be broken as gently caress? Kind of an inverse Xul. Maybe make Hogger pay out extra exp on death as needed.

No joke, I have friends who would absolutely never play another MOBA again if they could deny XP to the enemy team while they feed XP to their own team.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That cloud mount is incredible

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Let's not make the game more like dota

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Sounds like a sweet new griefing method, instead of feeding just turn a whole wave against your own team and let them kill your own poo poo.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Now if only Tychus wasn't in the gutter.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Power Bottom posted:

but he's not? I mean Malthiel will probably kill the two tank meta for a while but his drill is still great at zoning and he can still shred and zone decently.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Power Bottom posted:

He is squishy but fine?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Also I think someone mentioned it earlier but the Tass buffs were wild. Just played him with a Valla and Cassia and watching their health bar skyrocket when shielded was hilarious.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Coolness Averted posted:

but he's not? I mean Malthiel will probably kill the two tank meta for a while but his drill is still great at zoning and he can still shred and zone decently.

Last I checked, a 45% winrate wasn't the sign of a healthy hero.

Edit: Actually I shouldn't be such a salty bitch about Tychus's winrate given that two of his best maps are missing from the rotation and that's part of why his winrate and popularity are so far down.

Kith fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 2, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Power Bottom posted:

Last I checked, a 45% winrate wasn't the sign of a healthy hero.

Current hotdogs 47.9% overall, hops up to 48.6% when you head up to Master/Diamond. He's a niche pick who does fine in his role.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

For the Azmodan laser build, is there anything sweeter than waddling up to their core and melting it from full to zero when their team doesn't have any stuns to stop you?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Nephzinho posted:

Current hotdogs 47.9% overall, hops up to 48.6% when you head up to Master/Diamond. He's a niche pick who does fine in his role.

HOTSLogs is missing a huge chunk of information because not everyone uploads their replays. The actual winrate is closer to 45.6%, I believe.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Power Bottom posted:

HOTSLogs is missing a huge chunk of information because not everyone uploads their replays. The actual winrate is closer to 45.6%, I believe.

Wait, how do you know the actual percentage?

Tychus is still good on pro teams that understand how to position and stuff. He's bad for everyone else who tries to walk up to someone, get dogpiled, and explode into a million pieces.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

When they do have stuns and you kill it anyway.

Tychus feels worse since I played before. The nerf to his heal talent is a big deal and the new character land scape has me feeling zoned out way more. In general fights are much quicker than they used to be, at least for me. Of course there's the odd 8 minute death ball over a tribute

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Power Bottom posted:

Is there anyplace else that reports on stats more reliably? It is missing a ton of poo poo, i think its missing like a third of my games when I looked this past week, but its not like there's anything else to check.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

bamhand posted:

Wait, how do you know the actual percentage?

My uncle works at Nintendo.

Edit: Also, the Actual Winrate™ was 45.8%.

Nephzinho posted:

Is there anyplace else that reports on stats more reliably? It is missing a ton of poo poo, i think its missing like a third of my games when I looked this past week, but its not like there's anything else to check.

Until the API gets released, your best bet for stats is either knowing a guy who knows a guy or just eating the over/under on HOTSlogs being off by a couple percent. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kith fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 2, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Lol this brawl sucks rear end

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Hotslogs sample sizes are plenty large enough to reliably represent the population (select multiple weeks for lesser picked heroes and talents), though there is likely some skew from self selection bias based on the type of player/level of player that uploads games, but it helps that all 10 people in the game get included when just one player uploads.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

So nobody else really likes the new non-protoss Zeratul?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

Every skin in the video is great, craft them all. Hopefully that Zera skin doesn't cost 3k shards or some poo poo.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Macaluso posted:

It gets really silly when both teams have hit level 20 and the rockets just keep endlessly flying. I had one game where the other team just couldn't take a tower because they would get blown up just defending the place.

Also, 3 man stealth Hammer ganks!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

BrianBoitano posted:

It looks super cool, but I'm not that big of a Zeratul player, so I haven't really cared about it.

Honestly, what I'm most interested in is the sheer volume of variants being added for the new skins, like the Golden Demonic Tyreal and the Gilded Baron mount. I really hope those aren't the only variant additions we're getting.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

A'ight, so someone from this thread (or reading this thread) tracked down my Discord and messaged me asking for better winrate percentages.

First of all: Do not do that, you creepy loving weirdo.

Secondly: I do not work for Blizzard, I'm just good buddies with some folks that do. We like to BS about HOTS from time to time because we play it together every now and then and that's where I got the Tychus Winrate from. I do not have a secret red telepone wired directly to Alan Dabiri's rear end in a top hat, so please do not play Internet Detective on my poo poo just so you can beg me for Secret Winrate Deets. HOTSlogs, while not perfect, is close enough.

Thank you.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Everything in that video is amazing and I need them all.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Power Bottom posted:

A'ight, so someone from this thread (or reading this thread) tracked down my Discord and messaged me asking for better winrate percentages.

Secondly: I do not work for Blizzard, I'm just good buddies with some folks that do. We like to BS about HOTS from time to time because we play it together every now and then and that's where I got the Tychus Winrate from. I do not have a secret red telepone wired directly to Alan Dabiri's rear end in a top hat, so please do not play Internet Detective on my poo poo just so you can beg me for Secret Winrate Deets. HOTSlogs, while not perfect, is close enough.

Thank you.

it was jimbo wasnt it

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Power Bottom posted:

Thank you.

I'm the dude desperately searching the internet for "power bottom contact info" then leaving messages asking about hots, secret percentages, and making inky.
On the plus side I did find a dude offering to carry me hard to the payload until I'm a master. Gotta meet him down by the docks tonight to get some playtime, guess he only does stuff local to avoid voicecom input delays or something

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Big ups to Blizzard Entertainment for confirming that Tychus Findlay has a big ding dong

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Macaluso posted:

I feel like this brawl is what Hammer mains wait for all year so as to justify their bad decision.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I lost it at Smug Snorkel Xul surrounded by dead fish.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

Polio Vax Scene posted:

it was jimbo wasnt it

It sounds like something I'd do but it wasn't me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

I feel like this brawl is what Hammer mains wait for all year so as to justify their bad decision.

She's one of my most played and I'm never playing this brawl again, it's plain awful.