Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
That's probably for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I bet if we did once a year testing we are going to see a increase in failures. It's hard enough at times to get people to pass the test every 6 months, give them an extra 8-9 months to ignore working out seems like a great way to get them fail numbers any higher.

I don't really give a crap in the long run that test is retarded and stupid easy to score 90+ on.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
but how will you fly, fight and win?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How are we going to know who to give quarterly awards to without PT scores???

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

At this point just make your PT Score count towards your promotion, score a 95 you get 95 points towards your rank test.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Rythe posted:

At this point just make your PT Score count towards your promotion, score a 95 you get 95 points towards your rank test.
Apparently that "isn't fair" because of people with waivers.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Rythe posted:

With all the changes in the EPR and promotion system, I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a thing

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

After nine years in the Air Force, I'm finally working outside a SCIF. I can carry my cell phone. My room has a window. There are no SIPR or JWICS terminals in my building. The highest ranking dude here is a Master Sergeant. No officers.

I'm... happy?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Arc Light posted:

After nine years in the Air Force, I'm finally working outside a SCIF. I can carry my cell phone. My room has a window. There are no SIPR or JWICS terminals in my building. The highest ranking dude here is a Master Sergeant. No officers.

I'm... happy?
When I do UCA interviews the guys who work in the vault are the most disgruntled by far. Years ago one of them resigned his GS-11 job after disappearing for a month, then a few years later he gets arrested with a dead owl in his trunk.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

A dead owl?

Like..

There has to be a bigger story here. Its the same thing as the headline Scooby Doom: Dog Blows up House With Can of Deodorant.

It warrants further explanation.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Genocide Tendency posted:

A dead owl?

Like..

There has to be a bigger story here. Its the same thing as the headline Scooby Doom: Dog Blows up House With Can of Deodorant.

It warrants further explanation.
He completely lost his mind and got out. Nobody hears anything about him for a couple of years until he has a relapse and did a bunch of crazy poo poo in rapid succession. Our commander at the time owned a business and he was put front screaming poo poo at it. The police let him off with a warning for that one. Then he gets the cops called on him because he's parked on the side of the highway acting weird. The cop shows up and finds him playing with roadkill in the ditch and he mentions that there's a dead owl in his trunk. This gets him locked up in the mental health section of one of the local hospitals on 72 hour hold. While was in there he called the help desk and asked for our commander who was in a meeting at the time. He took the call and said he'd call him back after he was done. This was apparently the wrong answer and the guy starts screaming at him, so he hung up on him. They said something at a commander's call about how we should call security forces if we see or have any contact with him. I was on TDY at the time so I missed most of it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Working night shifts for almost a year at the Travis command post was pretty sweet, in that I turned into a crazy person who talked to myself from the sleep problems

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Arc Light posted:

I'm... happy?

You sunnovabitch.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr
I almost got kicked out of my PT test yesterday since I wore gray socks. I also got a talking to about getting a 76. That is my USAF story.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Casimir Radon posted:

I was on TDY at the time so I missed most of it.

Oh... Well thats a let down.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
One of the Good Ones just picked up O-5 1BTZ. :3: Not bad for a guy who did Top Gun instead of Nellis.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Larry Parrish posted:

Working night shifts for almost a year at the Travis command post was pretty sweet, in that I turned into a crazy person who talked to myself from the sleep problems

I don't think I've still recovered from working night shifts on the other side of the country, even after a year out.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ive done night shift for 15 years now

you guys are pussies

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ive done night shift for 15 years now

you guys are pussies

Going on 8 here.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Three years of nights in Alaska irreparably hosed with the brains of myself and everyone I know from there, I couldn't imagine doing 15 loving years.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Are these consistent night shifts, or were switching between nights and days every month? Because there's no way 5 years of that can be good for your health.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Night shift is super bad for your health.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Softface posted:

I couldn't imagine doing 15 loving years.

i work 9pm-6am right now. i work from home though, so that helps.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Night shift is super bad for your health.

yeah. Sleep is the worst. You're always counting how many hours you got.

Making a consistent schedule and keeping to it keeps you from going crazy. I usually crash early friday nights so i can be up with the family for the weekend.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kuroyama posted:

Are these consistent night shifts, or were switching between nights and days every month? Because there's no way 5 years of that can be good for your health.

Constant, gently caress switching.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We had a new E8 come in and swap to that month by month poo poo and after about a quarter most of the shop threatened mutiny

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Been doing 5 years of 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off over here. If you can force your brain to give up on having a consistent sleep schedule, this shift style fuckin' rocks

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
I did nights when I was deployed, 7pm to 7am, and it rocked. Most of the leadership went to bed by midnight and we had the night for ourselves. I was exempt from the Army's dumbass PT, I could go to the bathroom in peace, and the gym was empty if I felt like lifting at 2 am. My meals were backwards, but it wasn't too bad once you got used to having cereal for dinner.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Got off five weeks of 2-10. Owned.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Hamlet442 posted:

I did nights when I was deployed, 7pm to 7am, and it rocked. Most of the leadership went to bed by midnight and we had the night for ourselves. I was exempt from the Army's dumbass PT, I could go to the bathroom in peace, and the gym was empty if I felt like lifting at 2 am. My meals were backwards, but it wasn't too bad once you got used to having cereal for dinner.

this was my life at the CSH at Speicher for 1/2 my deployment. Sleep through the bullshit, work when it's not 130 degrees outside, leadership is a no-show

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I did nights while deployed and it was great, I wouldn't want to do it at home station though because most of the base does not know or care. Life was bad enough for the poor maintainers, one of whom got yelled at once for not shaving (because he had to stop by finance after working 12 hours overnight)

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Prop Wash posted:

I did nights while deployed and it was great, I wouldn't want to do it at home station though because most of the base does not know or care. Life was bad enough for the poor maintainers, one of whom got yelled at once for not shaving (because he had to stop by finance after working 12 hours overnight)

My favorite thing at Meade was working a 6p-6a shift, then being told I needed to show up to a 10am squadron PT. And then lectured because I wasn't trying hard enough.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

xsf421 posted:

My favorite thing at Meade was working a 6p-6a shift, then being told I needed to show up to a 10am squadron PT. And then lectured because I wasn't trying hard enough.

6:45-6:45, plus staying an extra 45 minutes so drug testing can open for your piss test.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Where the gently caress yall work where night workers reenlist? That's some stockholm syndrome poo poo right there. Unless someone got an 8 or 15 year contract in which case :confused:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I worked nights at Target for 7 months before getting in. The main thing that git to me was that I was on a completely different schedule from everyone else and making plans got difficult.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Our deployment schedule was 12 pm to 12 am or 12 am to 12 pm. Management was 6 am to 6pm. I was 12 am to 12 pm and passed out the second I got back to my bed. It was some of the best sleep I've ever gotten

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Friar Zucchini posted:

Where the gently caress yall work where night workers reenlist? That's some stockholm syndrome poo poo right there. Unless someone got an 8 or 15 year contract in which case :confused:

I worked with a cross trainee from fuels who said working the epic 6 on 1 off schedule where you do two days, two swings, and two mids was the best schedule he's ever had and wished he could go back to it

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Who do I need to call to make sure the general preening in his service dress with his bitch chief at a crowded airport reaccomplishes his Force Protection CBT? Because I'm under the impression that failure to thoroughly study and comply with all CBTs is tantamount to crimes against humanity and treason.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Derek Dominoe posted:

Who do I need to call to make sure the general preening in his service dress with his bitch chief at a crowded airport reaccomplishes his Force Protection CBT? Because I'm under the impression that failure to thoroughly study and comply with all CBTs is tantamount to crimes against humanity and treason.

They'll never catch him, you know he'll sprint for the gate the second they say "uniformed military members are welcome to board," scattering A1Cs like bowling pins in the process. You might have a chance if you wait at the service counter - it's p. much guaranteed he'll stop by to ask for a business class seat.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr
Hey guys, I went to mental health today and didn't want to kill myself more afterwards. Success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AkrisD posted:

Hey guys, I went to mental health today and didn't want to kill myself more afterwards. Success.

Congrats! Keep it up.

• Locked thread