Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Knifegrab posted:

Pubbies never want to group up. It bums me out.

i get followers all the time in pub games. some folks aren't going to be chill, but my general setup is to start off with a question or two, like have you seen gas/keys/the fuse, where'd you run into jason last, etc and then tell them 'my plan is to do x y and z', and then invite them to tag along.

probably 80% acceptance rate from solo survivors. people have an outside idea that they need to team up, so if you sound like you've done the thinking for them they'll follow you pretty readily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
When rolling for perks, does it seem that certain characters get a bias towards certain perks? Does keeping your perks prevent them from being re-rolled?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Scalding Coffee posted:

When rolling for perks, does it seem that certain characters get a bias towards certain perks? Does keeping your perks prevent them from being re-rolled?

Doesn't matter who I roll for perks with, I always get Aquanaut.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
One time as Tommy I ran into a cabin just in time to stun Jason while he had a counselor in his clutches, so this guy just kept following me around after that. Eventually I get grabbed by Jason and he starts to run away but then he turns around and yells into the mic, "Noooo I can't let you die Tommy, you saved my life!", and he ran back down the road towards us but he was a few seconds late and I died. He said a quick thank you to my corpse and ran, I think he ended up escaping too!

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Scalding Coffee posted:

I got a second, shittier version of a perk I already had, so keeping a perk doesn't help.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is it the same rarity?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

no and no, seemingly. i've been rolling my perks exclusively while selecting buggzy recently and i continue to get nothing but level headed, night owl, etc. no combat perks at all.

the latter, it definitely doesn't care. i've had three gray versions of my dad's a cop while having a yellow one slotted on most of my repair characters.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Coffee And Pie posted:

The more I think of it, the more a Jason X map sounds great. Plus it gives Jason more to do, set up a scenario to become Über Jason.

A Jason X map will require them to make a lot of new assets, no trees on a space station.

Have they said they are going to make more maps post launch?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Spacebump posted:

A Jason X map will require them to make a lot of new assets, no trees on a space station.

Have they said they are going to make more maps post launch?

excuse me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF629C5WRqU

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
The wrenching pain of realizing that with stun chance, damage reduction, and weapon durability perks Buggzy becomes Chad but better.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Everyone in this thread that loves the Friday the 13th movies and hasn't seen the Final Girls should check it out. (Think Friday the 13th mixed with a bit of Last Action Hero and Cabin in the Woods.)

good point

edit: does the car only have a first person view?

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 2, 2017

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mister Bup posted:

The wrenching pain of realizing that with stun chance, damage reduction, and weapon durability perks Buggzy becomes Chad but better.

Except missing the most important ingredient of Chad, smugness.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
I still play him cause he's great but if you're trying to win and get points Chad is outclassed by Buggzy with the right perks.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Basebf555 posted:

This would make them easy prey in a way that's totally in line with what would happen in the movies, so I'd be cool with it.

Oh believe me, it would be hilarious, not only because it would be accurate to the movies, but the unholy down pouring of screeching when they get murdered on voice chat would be delightful :kheldragar:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
People talking up other counselors other than Adam....

Where's Snatch Duster to put these people in their place?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I love that according to the book of that film, Jason briefly considered not attacking those two hologram girls because he initially thought they were mentally retarded.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The Jason X map would definitely have to have either the Crew Captain or the Android be the TJ of the map.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Only Tommy Jarvis can force Jason into atmospheric reentry.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
They could probably get Cronenberg to let them use his likeness in the game for Jason X. Not that it would make any sense for him to be on the spaceship but whatever if it gets me a video game version of Cronenberg to play as it would be 100% worth it.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
Why do I keep getting put in European servers? It sucks to not be able to communicate with anybody and to get grabbed from ten feet away.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Basebf555 posted:

By the time it goes on sale you're gonna be rolling the dice on whether or not there will still be anyone playing. This is a game where the most fun is to be had now, so by the time they're selling it for $15 it may not actually be worth that if you can't find a game.

For me what it came down to was the nostalgia factor and the fact that this is a game that is basically once in a lifetime. I mean, the premise is so good that people have been playing it as a simple card game since the 80's. If I told 12 year old me that this game was gonna be $40 but I was going to pass on it because of a few bugs, he'd punch me in the face.

Don't they actually play a Jason card game in Part VII?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Coffee And Pie posted:

Don't they actually play a Jason card game in Part VII?

I think you're right, yea. But that card game actually existed and was pretty popular at one time.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

MacheteZombie posted:

The Jason X map would definitely have to have either the Crew Captain or the Android be the TJ of the map.

The robot lady would be good if you get to roll around as a head on the ground talking to people over voice chat after you die.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I actually don't even care that much if they do a whole new Jason X map, just throw in the cyborg chick and a Jason X skin and let them run around Crystal Lake. Call it a simulation.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I just wasted like four minutes of a Part 7's time by constantly jumping in and out of one of those really big cabins. When I finally ran out of health spray I had two pocket knives for him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Basebf555 posted:

I actually don't even care that much if they do a whole new Jason X map, just throw in the cyborg chick and a Jason X skin and let them run around Crystal Lake. Call it a simulation.

I want more maps.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Duster is correct in asserting that Adam is the best counselor. He hits hard enough to reliably get stuns, he's faster and has more stamina than the other two counselors who specialize in repair. To top it off, he himself is good at repair. Not only can he juke Jason, he can hit Jason, and he can get objectives done. This results in an effective play style and a massive amount of points.

That being said, Jenny for life.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah the only thing that is keeping me from heading to Adam full time is a good damage reduction perk. Adam is great, but he kind of needs the extra health with how much noise he makes and how much he gets prioritized. experienced jasons HATE adam players and i get targeted a lot more often as Adam than AJ.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Xbox patch did not fix quick play for me, searched endlessly two times in a row. Will be excited for whenever this game works 100%.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Coolguye posted:

yeah the only thing that is keeping me from heading to Adam full time is a good damage reduction perk. Adam is great, but he kind of needs the extra health with how much noise he makes and how much he gets prioritized. experienced jasons HATE adam players and i get targeted a lot more often as Adam than AJ.

I have a 25% one which is nice, but I think 50+ is what Duster rolls.

I'd like to try this on Vanessa, actually. Imagine +% chance to stun Jason, +50% damage reduction, and either 2 med sprays or a stamina perk. You could be a constant Jason harassment character.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Duster is correct in asserting that Adam is the best counselor. He hits hard enough to reliably get stuns, he's faster and has more stamina than the other two counselors who specialize in repair. To top it off, he himself is good at repair. Not only can he juke Jason, he can hit Jason, and he can get objectives done. This results in an effective play style and a massive amount of points.

That being said, Jenny for life.

I'll never not play Jenny

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah, even 25% would be enough, honestly. the big problem is that the axe-wielding jasons (especially 3) can do a horrifying amount of damage.

of course i haven't even seen a 1% one so far.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Carebearz posted:

I'll never not play Jenny

Tiffany thinks she has the best rear end. She is incorrect.

Chad does

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Scalding Coffee posted:

Pubbies make it more of a Friday game with them being in it for themselves. Them following me around means Vanessa can get a shot at Jason while he grabs their battered body.

There's nothing more Friday the 13th than a terrified idiot running up to you while you're Chad and your immediate instinct is to leave his rear end as Jason fodder.

And reminder if you're Tommy: it's critical to teabag Jason

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Tiffany thinks she has the best rear end. She is incorrect.

Chad does

I love that Chad has become what he is. I need to get him in my rotation more and stop trying to help the filthy plebes. There is only the Chad.

Chad did net me my first sleeping bag death so that was pretty cool.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Goon Tales The Lowtax Murder

Just got done with a few rounds with Duster, RedGlare, Doctor Dog and Lowtax. Others as well though we had some rotating people while I was on.

So first and foremost, I didn't get to Chad too hard. I was The Chad once and found gas and the keys but was unable to Chad my way out. So instead I just parked my rear end in the car while everyone else did all the other work.

Some of that work might have included running over Lowtax, who was desperately trying to get in. After a few hiccups, Duster got us out.

After that Lowtax got to be Jason, and we mildly clowned him with the car, getting out again- only this time I came back as Tommy. Right as the police arrived and everyone else died, including Duster in a rare moment. So I ran around Lowtax a bit, then I think he got lost, and waited at the police line for him. I really wanted to shoot him just to be an rear end in a top hat, but he shift grabbed me right as I shot.

In between these, Duster was Jason which resulted in some total party kills. As you do when Duster is murdering. I got to call Tommy to begin with but did dick all, and the other time I did even less, though Duster did respect the rules of combat and we traded blows equally. Sadly I had a character who was rear end at fighting and I couldn't even stun him.

Also during all of this he was playing two goddamn songs the entire time and it was hard as poo poo to hear people. Jesus In Your Heart and I Want To Be Like You.

I recommend Total Eclipse Of The HEart for the record.

My final round I got to be a hero. I was Bugsy, and I went toe to toe with Doctor Dog Jason to buy the others time to fix the car and get the gently caress out. I stalled him just long enough for them to get on the road before biting it.

Then I respawned as Tommy RIGHT on the road above them and the car as Jason had just smashed it and was about to kill one of them. So I took a long shot and sniped Jason with the shotgun, still cannot believe I got him from that distance. Everyone piled into the car and we got the gently caress out.

I think I was on the map as Tommy for 30 seconds.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Never not teabag.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
Hey, you know that animation where Jason gets his weapon stuck in the environment and has to pull it free?

Did you know you can't hit him during that animation?

WHY? WHY CAN'T I HIT JASON ANY TIME THAT HE ISN'T ALREADY SWINGING AT ME?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Mister Bup posted:

Hey, you know that animation where Jason gets his weapon stuck in the environment and has to pull it free?

Did you know you can't hit him during that animation?

WHY? WHY CAN'T I HIT JASON ANY TIME THAT HE ISN'T ALREADY SWINGING AT ME?

My weapon gets stuck in counselors all the time, nevermind the environment. Sticky punks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Spacebump posted:

Everyone in this thread that loves the Friday the 13th movies and hasn't seen the Final Girls should check it out. (Think Friday the 13th mixed with a bit of Last Action Hero and Cabin in the Woods.)

good point

edit: does the car only have a first person view?

I really don't think there's much in common between the two at all other than that they're both slashers. A major negative of The Final Girls that makes it not worth watching is that it's PG-13. That rating really hamstrung the movie.

• Locked thread