Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
just looked up Great Pyrenees and I have never wanted to hug something/someone so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am genuinely surprised you have not yet expressed a strong opinion about the best kind of goat

african pygmy goats barely edge out fainting goats

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh and due to deerborn ticks carrying a bunch of diseases that kill llamas / alpacas / mules, my sis is now getting guard ostriches.

Her husband is also getting an ostrich riding saddle.

Ostriches apparently kick significantly harder then horses and if you don't socialize with them enough they'll just attack you and try to murder you, so that'll be cool.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

just looked up Great Pyrenees and I have never wanted to hug something/someone so bad

He is such a good dog. Like a giant fluffy cloud that turns into a giant fluffy cloud from hell when predators come around.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kalli posted:

Oh and due to deerborn ticks carrying a bunch of diseases that kill llamas / alpacas / mules, my sis is now getting guard ostriches.

Ostriches apparently kick significantly harder then horses and if you don't socialize with them enough they'll just attack you and try to murder you, so that'll be cool.

I am now thinking about that episode of King of the Hill where Dale gets murdered by Emus

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

african pygmy goats barely edge out fainting goats

They've got 3 rescue pygmy goats on the farm now. Some rear end in a top hat abandoned them in the suburbs, and animal control spent like three days trying to capture them, and then once they did, they realized they couldn't keep them at any pound because it made the dogs freak out over them, so my sis got the call and the goats pretty much instantly.

They're kept in the pen with the pregnant / nursing goats and their babies, and are cute as heck.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

One of my favorite news stories ever is the Chinese zoo that shaved a Pyrenees and called it a lion

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Nah, the protector animals stay on the farm. Trips are just for the work crew

I offered to pay to get the van pained up like the Mystery Machine with a psychadelic goat on it, but sis declined :(

This would be better:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kalli posted:

They've got 3 rescue pygmy goats on the farm now. Some rear end in a top hat abandoned them in the suburbs, and animal control spent like three days trying to capture them, and then once they did, they realized they couldn't keep them at any pound because it made the dogs freak out over them, so my sis got the call and the goats pretty much instantly.

They're kept in the pen with the pregnant / nursing goats and their babies, and are cute as heck.

They're incredible escape artists so maybe "abandoned" was actually "got away from someone?"

I hear male goats are basically free because normal goat farmers only ever really need one, and they butt everything constantly so they're a huge pain in the rear end to keep. Does your sister keep the males?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Speaking of weird awesome animals, I have recently discovered fruit bats are cute as hell and I want to dedicate my life to rescuing and nursing orphaned fruit bats

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ok Mel Ross

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, the males are what are primarily used for goatscaping.

Male goats are dirt cheap, they're like $25-$50, while females are about 10x that. There's a bunch of side costs aside from that, like $50 for a vet title and ~$100 per for chipping them if you want to take them across state lines.

Their herd is about 70 goats right now, and they have so much land they can expand for a long while. They've got 3 pens currently, though that's of no concern for the males, since they can easily leap over the fences. But they're herd animals and since some of them can't, they just hang around the area. Basically their farm is down a dirt road maybe 100 yards where they have their greenhouse and are building their house, then down a ways from that they have the actual farm with all the animal pens. I think right now it's 3 horses, a pony, the goats, a handful of cats and dogs, and I think one of the geese and a few chickens are still alive.

They're in the process of building a pen that encircles all the other pens, which will be for the ostriches, since they apparently need a large, circular pen with a circular house because they're very uh.... Baylor-esque.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Goat meat is delicious btw. It was Christian Okoye's favorite kind of meat

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I wish I had a dog that was like Barkley from Sesame Street. He'd be the best dog.

I also got to hug a Great Pyrenees last weekend. It was great.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am genuinely surprised you have not yet expressed a strong opinion about the best kind of goat

Barry Bonds is the best GOAT

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
"Pyrenees.....I could hug a Pyrenees for hours"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

I want to start one of those businesses where you just let your goats eat all the brush off of a property

That is my brother in laws dream job. Just hang out on his property, fiddle around with hobbies, and raise goats.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kalli posted:

One step from the Swiss Family Robinson ostrich race.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys here's an article to get you through the rest of the end of the week

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/local/2017/06/02/generations-disabled/?utm_term=.3042a7306caf&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
My lottery dream is buying land to have a herd of goats and a senior dog rescue. That would be the life.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Let's all go see Wonder Woman together

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I've heard nothing but good things about it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm contractually obligated to encourage you to see Captain Underpants instead.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

When's there gonna be a superhero movie about a MAN huh?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm superheroed out tbh

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Kalli posted:

They're in the process of building a pen that encircles all the other pens, which will be for the ostriches, since they apparently need a large, circular pen with a circular house because they're very uh.... Baylor-esque.

I interpreted this to mean that ostriches are very rapey.

Nov 6, 2002

Blitz7x posted:

I'm superheroed out tbh

I'm just sick of every Super Hero movie having the equivalent of a dozen 911's.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Vulture review of Wonder Woman is hilarious.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/CFPetrella/status/870678157715582977

Nov 6, 2002

22% of black households in America live on $15k or less a year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Maybe their dads should have given them better jobs idk y this is so hard
#whitecollegekids

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I don't get why they don't just borrow money from their parents.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Nothing since upper class tax cuts can't fix

Nov 6, 2002

Thankfully for those folks there's a strong safety net in placeHAHAHHAHA

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Those drat asians are getting a little too close for comfort imo

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Eat the rich

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/870724961576652800

:discourse:

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Hot Diggity! posted:

Eat the rich

yessssssss

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Wouldn't want to ruin this guys life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Maybe their dads should have given them better jobs idk y this is so hard
#whitecollegekids
The first response is a guy that not only asks what percentage of people listed are actively looking for jobs, but also tags Kaepernick in his response.

• Locked thread