Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Was Ryu's cousin in attendance? I'm sure he swept the field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68tl-O-EQHQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Thanks!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the fact that you can give anyone a gun feels like it should be broken but it is balanced by it taking goddamn minutes to pull the gun out...

Also how the gently caress do I do stage transitions?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
For those of you who were worried about the PC scene dying:

Obviously day one numbers have no indication of who's going to stick around or not, but I'd say that doing 1.5x SF's all time high on PC is a pretty good indication that a shitload of people own the game and it'll probably have a decently populated scene stick around.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

attackmole posted:

For those of you who were worried about the PC scene dying:

Obviously day one numbers have no indication of who's going to stick around or not, but I'd say that doing 1.5x SF's all time high on PC is a pretty good indication that a shitload of people own the game and it'll probably have a decently populated scene stick around.

Yeah that all-time peak is pretty great, good job everyone.

I dunno why people are so worried about a dying scene already. Are people just nervous after what's happened with SF5?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
SFV scene isn't even dead, you can hop on and find a match any time. T7 will be fine.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

DizzyBum posted:

I dunno why people are so worried about a dying scene already. Are people just nervous after what's happened with SF5?

Yeah I thought it was a silly thing to worry about too but there were a handful of people posting about it so uh, there's some numbers. I think y'all are fine.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh man are all the side character story modes just one fight long? That is a bummer.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There are over two dozen of them at least

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lmao, is that the dude from American Pie? Also Rookie of the Year?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Had to turn Gigas into The Maxx

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
So I just entered a tournament, made it to the semi final when the host got eliminated and just left, causing the tournament to cancel. Seems like that might be a pretty common problem, hopefully it won't ruin tournaments.

Also, Leather Daddy Paul says: stay hydrated, kids!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I cannot wait to play this game.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Otakufag posted:

If you get this on PC I advice deactivating chromatic aberration and film grain filters, unless you like your games to look blurry and dirty. Users/*user*/AppData/Local/TekkenGame/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor/ and open up ‘Scalability.ini’. In the blank file paste:
[PostProcessQuality@2]
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0

[PostProcessQuality@3]
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0

save and set file to read only.

I highly recommend doing this, some stages really crank up the CA and it makes things look really low res in my opinion. If you want a preview of how turning it off looks you can look at the infinite azure stage and compare to others.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Booyah- posted:

I highly recommend doing this, some stages really crank up the CA and it makes things look really low res in my opinion. If you want a preview of how turning it off looks you can look at the infinite azure stage and compare to others.

since this is just editing a .ini file for graphics settings this shouldn't cause any harm online, like getting people banned (does Namco even do this idk) will it

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Story mode is good because I can fire off like 50 EWeGFs in a row without being some kind of transcendent execution god.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Luna Was Here posted:

since this is just editing a .ini file for graphics settings this shouldn't cause any harm online, like getting people banned (does Namco even do this idk) will it

No you aren't changing any of the game code, it's just a finer control over graphics options that already exist.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

ROFL Octopus posted:

Story mode is good because I can fire off like 50 EWeGFs in a row without being some kind of transcendent execution god.

What is the deal with EWGF? Is there a one frame window to getting it or anything like that?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Booyah- posted:

What is the deal with EWGF? Is there a one frame window to getting it or anything like that?

I don't think it's 1-frame but it's tight. If you mess up you get a weaker version of the move without the lightning effect, which has less block advantage and worse combo followups.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Do I need to forward some ports or something? Literally can't connect to anyone.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WarEternal posted:

Do I need to forward some ports or something? Literally can't connect to anyone.

A lot of people are having this issue - not sure if there's a fix.

E: harada san says try playing via warmup mode rather than looking at the match list, not sure if that's helpful.

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/870322538877829120

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

A lot of people are having this issue - not sure if there's a fix.

E: harada san says try playing via warmup mode rather than looking at the match list, not sure if that's helpful.

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/870322538877829120

Same thing, still seems like a port forwarding issue or something, can't connect to anyone on my friend's list or whatever if I try either.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Unlucky7 posted:

EDIT: Also, forums poster Gavok made a ranking list of all the Tekken characters up to 6. I always liked his stuff, so take a look and argue amongst yourselves if it is right or not.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/tekken/265358/tekken-ranking-all-the-characters

Thanks, fam! I'm also working on a piece on the history of Tekken comics.

Marhachi Mishimanhunter

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Was stuck downloading for quite a while and couldn't finish before going back to work. That bitch with a tiger is a real mother fucker.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
This playlist has combo videos for every character in the game, extremely useful stuff here

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Atp said that the steam version is the best version of the game. Doubt it'll die on PC apparently the online play is better as well as the loading times are shorter.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Gavok posted:

Thanks, fam! I'm also working on a piece on the history of Tekken comics.

Excellent pick for number one my man. Always enjoy reading your articles!

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
why did they decide to lock almost all the customization stuff behind one player modes

tag 2 did that a lil bit but it feels like I have way less options, not that I really need any besides floral shirt/beach fun akuma

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
def something screwy with netplay on this game. I can't get a single game to launch online in without connection being lost on pc or xbone. Nat is open so that's not the issue. I can get a game running between two devices on the same network but after one round the game desyncs and dumps us back to the lobby. Not too mad since I got the game for free but it would be nice to have a working product to review.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Been playing through the character episodes and it's really making me wish that they'd done something with the main story similar to the last Dead or Alive. InnDoA you've got the big dramatic storyline with the ninja clan, or in this game, the drama with the Mishima's and G Corp on one side and then a few more light hearted bits from the tournament showcasing the characters that aren't involved in the main story.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

darealkooky posted:

why did they decide to lock almost all the customization stuff behind one player modes

tag 2 did that a lil bit but it feels like I have way less options, not that I really need any besides floral shirt/beach fun akuma

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm okay with Tekken 7 being all silly and accessory-crazy like TF2 if the game is still fun.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
This is probably the best Elize combo video I've seen so far: https://youtu.be/4LJJuR0fp6w

Also Elize is like the best addition by a mile, taking naps mid combos is extremely hilarious.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

DizzyBum posted:

I'm okay with Tekken 7 being all silly and accessory-crazy like TF2 if the game is still fun.

Dressing everyone up to look as goony as possible is vital to the Tekken experience actually.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Skjorte posted:

I got the game today on PS4, and I can only get into matches by joining tournaments at the moment. That works every time without fail, thankfully. I wanted to try out some of the new characters, but the waiting and loading time in tournaments is a bit much, especially when you're no good with any of the new characters and you get beaten in the first leg of the tourney. I've since then switched to the one character I don't suck at (though with no bound, I'm doing super low damage) only to run into someone who's one step ahead of me in the finals.

While it would be nice to get some consistent matches going so I could actually learn how to play against people again, I'm really happy with how the game feels, and I've had fun trying out the new characters. :)

Add my PSN: Demmonaz, see if we can connect, maybe. Having the same problem you are.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

darealkooky posted:

play tournaments, you can earn unlocks there

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
also just play tournaments in general depending on tourney size and placing you can net like minimum 300k fight money and if you win the prize scales with number of fights, we just ran a 5 man double elim in the discord and first place was 2 million

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

the only problem with tournaments is you can't set the matches to best of 3, its stuck on best of 1

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

Oh I think it's one of the best things about Tekken. Doesn't make the image any less true or awesome though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone else get a weird brighter circle shape in the middle of the screen during the reporters monologues in story mode? Looks weird