Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Why did I [20M] cheat on my very attractive SO [19F] with an ugly woman [19F]?
12 points 95 comments submitted 4 years ago by WhyDidICheat to r/relationships

Despite pulling the last hair out of my body, I cannot solve the mystery.

Clarification: It was a handjob.

Me - 20M, SO - 19F, Woman (lets call her ABC) - 19F.

I've been dating my SO for about 2.5 Years (broke up once due to a misunderstanding, got back stronger than ever). I believe she's the most genuine person I have known and I find her very attractive (And I do not say this out of guilt).

4 months back: On a bus journey with ABC, who then was just a normal friend I had met about a month back then, made a move, gave me a handjob. What kills me is why I didn't resist then and throw her hand away.

I did learn from the incident. About a month back, I rejected a girls' advances despite knowing that nobody would ever find out if I did anything with her. I broke my friendship off with ABC. (And I'm still deliberating over whether I should let my SO know, because 1.She didn't deserve to be put through that 2. Not being able to tell her something is the worst feeling ever).

The problem lies in the fact that I degraded the woman I love more than anything else and I cannot figure out why I did it. The guilt kills me.

Tl;dr: Cheated on very attractive SO once by not resisting a handjob from an ugly woman. Cannot figure out the reason behind my actions

Edit 1: Please feel free to judge the kind of a person I am.

Edit 2: I know what I did was wrong. I want to keep the relationship going IF I can keep up with staying faithful for the rest of it. Selfish as that might sound.

Edit 3:

Conclusion

I agree I was wrong and that physical attractiveness played no role. However. what some people need to understand is that WHY physical attractiveness played no role is exactly what I couldn't understand, because to a large extent, I do love how attractive my gf physically is. And that I took an HJ from an ugly girl shows how physical attractiveness didn't matter. Right?

I know my gf, and she'd have accepted me despite my mistake, but it wouldn't have remained the same. At the same time, I'm doing what she'd have asked me to do. However, telling her would entail her never having the same trust in me again, which solely comes out of emotions & not logic (despite logically being the person who she wants me to be). It would also scar her & make it hard for her to trust anyone again. So, the net negatives of telling her are more.

I did NOT intend on getting it on with ABC. I was in the same but as her simply because we were both going to the same place for different purposes. I did NOT know she was physically attracted to me or that she was horny as gently caress.

I completely get your story about "honesty". But honestly, as principally bound as one wants to be, I don't think you can be a 100% with a woman and still keep her happy unless you're perfect. May be, on your scale of morality, not telling her the woman you just jacked off to would be very wrong, but on mine, white lies are alright (after much deliberation). However, I have decided to reduce the possibility of such situations coming up where I'd have to white-lie to her because even though it seems right, it isn't good.

I also don't understand how not cheating again & keeping it going healthy is a bad idea in the long run. It was a loving handjob. I'll correct it, not let such things happen again. If I fail, I'll end the relationship with her. But to let one stupid mistake ruin what is worth a lot more doesn't sound beneficial when I do a cost-benefit analysis.

I suppose there are two schools of thought here. One that says you tell her, take the heat. The other that says you don't tell her, keep it going, don't do it again. The first one is justified with reasons such as "She deserves to make a call now". And I've told you how I was not the person she loved ONLY while the HJ lasted, as I had never imagined myself cheating on her. However, humans being emotional creatures, that 5 minute thing would cloud her judgement for the rest of my life and the assumption would be based on my behavior for those 5 minutes. The logical school of thought here says that if I am willing to not repeat those 5 minutes again, things would be fine. I go with the second one.

Don't downvote me because I'm voicing an honest opinion.

I see a lot of people getting angry because they put themselves in the position of the person not getting to know this happened, i.e., my SO. What they fail to see I believe, is how it is beneficial to not be told this if it just happened once and wasn't a very serious affair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

What she doesn't know won't hurt her

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bamabalacha posted:

Like, not to be gross, but owing to his sometimes wheelchair status, was he hypothetically able to gently caress even if he hid under a truck when you approached him?

I'm way to involved with the Hugh/Pick saga.

He's suggested multiple times that he is not well-endowed, including specifically telling me not to look at his penis when he was peeing when we were camping. There's also a guy he knows who told me he has a tiny penis when Hugh was not there, but I do not like this guy and he is clearly an attention whore weirdo who I have no interest in listening to. However, I have managed to work into conversations that penis size is not a big deal, including by mentioning that when I've had sex with women there was no penis but orgasm, so the requisite penis content for fulfilling sex is zero, and therefore every man has enough penis.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Did this ever strike you as a weird thing to mention apropos of nothing?

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I love how that guy construed the self-serving option as 'logical'.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

Did this ever strike you as a weird thing to mention apropos of nothing?

He's specifically asked me questions about how I gently caress so that was part of answering questions posited.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

My [22F] boyfriend [26M] of two years wants to move in together. The problem is, I don't want him to see what I look like without makeup on.

Man, it must be so unarousing and unappealing to be with a girl who refuses to take all of her clothes off and is scared of the lights on during sex. It's even worse when OP's boyfriend is 99.9% chance very attracted to her body, yet she's still too insecure to be nude around him. Dude definitely wants to see your boobies, legs, thighs, and vagina, girl. Just take it off for him!

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 2, 2017

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Pick posted:

He's specifically asked me questions about how I gently caress so that was part of answering questions posited.

drat, this guy was really shooting out a lot of mixed signals to ya; huh?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jim Barris posted:

She obviously answered incorrectly

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jim Barris posted:

She is too ugly to gently caress, therefore I could not have cheated on you with her. Q.E.D.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Skip 1,000 posts and Pick is still talking about cupcake guy?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Can't stump you, huh?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Can't Trick the Pick!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Can't Trick the Pick!

There it is. I came up with "stick" but that made it sound like I was propositioning her.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Jim Barris posted:

"I never before considered that I might end up cheating on her, therefore the person whomst I was acting as when I got a bus-ride handy from that uggo was and is not the same person that I was and am before and after said public transit handjob. Hence, my girlfriend wouldst be remiss to find out about it because I am back to not being able to imagine cheating on her, because obviously I know I won't give in to any potential temptation I will find myself amongst. It is only logical that my girlfriend stay with me and never find out"

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

If Pick was a dude i think the whole Hugh thing would go from hilarious to super creepy.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

ranbo das posted:

If Pick was a dude i think the whole Hugh thing would go from hilarious to super creepy.

Would go?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

ranbo das posted:

The climax where he finally gifts Pick with a dusty old energy drink he didn't really want will always be funny no matter the gender

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jim Barris posted:

Every broke brained nerd does this. They are obsessed with logic and reason because they think they will always be "right" if they are logical and rational but like every other human being they just do whatever they think will benefit them the most

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

purple death ray posted:

Every broke brained nerd does this. They are obsessed with logic and reason because they think they will always be "right" if they are logical and rational but like every other human being they just do whatever they think will benefit them the most

Logically, all of them should kill themselves because we're all born to die and living is the least efficient way of dying

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

purple death ray posted:

I know a broke-brained nerd like this and he told me that my interest in the arts was a waste of time and effort so I asked him how his alcoholism benefited him materially and he got really angry at me and told me to leave his home.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jim Barris posted:

God, no kidding.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I miss him terribly. I think I hurt him. :(

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Pick posted:

Some people are married to their misery, that isn't something you should blame yourself for. You gave it your best Pick but you can't wring blood from a stone.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I love how much Red Lobster chica self-owned. We've already been over the classy restaurant part...But my favorite is "Im slightly overweight" later contradicted with, "I have triple E boobs"

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Drunk Nerds posted:

THAT'S THE ONLY 'TANG HUGH EVER SATURATED

this justified every single Pickpost in this thread.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Pick posted:

From everything you have described about him I don't think you did. More seems that you are blaming yourself for things out of your control.

The limits to which we can influence others emotions is the actions that we take and nothing more. How the other person reacts is all on them. So if someone refuses to return affection, either through unwillingness to do so or due to not having the capability, that is on them and no one else.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Pick posted:

lol if you think he cares enough about you for you to have the power to hurt him

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lol if you think he cares enough about you for you to have the power to hurt him

ice cold

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

xmenyourweaknessisstairs.png

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Jim Barris posted:

Some people are married to their misery, that isn't something you should blame yourself for. You gave it your best Pick but you can't wring blood from a stone.
You can pretend to if you gore someone with it. Given the obscene quantity of pretending with the Pick+Hugh situation, this seems especially relevant.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

I love how much Red Lobster chica self-owned. We've already been over the classy restaurant part...But my favorite is "Im slightly overweight" later contradicted with, "I have triple E boobs"

:confused:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My boyfriend [27] is having a meltdown over the fact that I [F/27] have cut back on housework

quote:

This is a mess, so my apologies upfront if this gets too long. About three months ago I made the move to Boston without having a job lined up to be with my long-term boyfriend. While I was job-hunting I spent a lot of my time in our apartment just sitting around all day.

My boyfriend was bankrolling both of our lives while I was finding somewhere to work. Since I was home already during my job hunt, it felt unreasonable not to maintain the house, keep things clean and have dinner ready when he got home. And it was nice while it lasted! He enjoyed having things in order and having a hot meal ready.

I suppose I set myself up for this to happen because I ended up getting a job that keeps me away a full 45/hr a week. I work just as much as he does now and on occasion, more than he does because my position requires me to coordinate fundraiser events and attend functions.

Our relationship has not been the same since I got my job. He's complaining about the house not being as nice as it used to be when I was unemployed. It started off very casual and mentioned in passing but now he brings it up any chance he gets. It's like he's looking for a fight with me.

To be clear: the apartment still looks nice. I still fold his laundry and aim to make him dinner on the nights that I'm home from work at a normal time. It's just not as thorough as it was when I was home all day.

Technically (but barely) he makes enough that we could afford for me to stay home full-time but that's not what I signed up to do. I had a job before the move and he knows that my independence and career are important to me. Plus without my income, we would have to adjust our lifestyle, see friends less and budget more than we do with two incomes. Those are things I'm not willing to do especially in a new city with so many exciting things to do.

He seemed fine with how things were until he got a taste of me being a stay at home "wife" type and now he's fixated on that arrangement. He's not taking my feelings into consideration.

We've been dating for three years. We've talked marriage. How do I make him understand that these comments and his behavior is making me resent him without tanking this relationship?

Personally, if I was in a dual income household I'd be like "hey, I don't really like doing housework, *you* don't like doing housework, how about we split the cost of a maid, but I'm sane.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WoodrowSkillson posted:

But was that recent picture of him, him laughing on the inside? Or just on the outside where I could rarely if ever make him laugh or smile?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think the only time I ever made him genuinely happy is when I left a quesadilla on his porch and texted him "quesadilla on porch" and he texted back "thanks" and then when he actually got home and saw it was restaurant-quality and not just some taco time quesadilla texted again "thank you !!"

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
dude are you sure he wasn't a cat tho

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

I think the only time I ever made him genuinely happy is when I left a quesadilla on his porch and texted him "quesadilla on porch" and he texted back "thanks" and then when he actually got home and saw it was restaurant-quality and not just some taco time quesadilla texted again "thank you !!"

What would he have done if you made him come to the door and greet you to get the quesadilla?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
My personal theory is that he thought pick was a literal demon or witch and was trying to steal his seed for nefarious reasons that would leave him dead. Since trucks are made of iron it would be great protection against such a foe, and denying her gifts would only be natural if he thought they would be poisoned or enchanted. Did you ever notice salt lines drawn on his porch? Or maybe a copy of the Malleus Maleficarum on his bookshelf?

dudeness fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 2, 2017

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Pick posted:

But was that recent picture of him, him laughing on the inside? Or just on the outside where I could rarely if ever make him laugh or smile?

He was happy out with his mom and not being weirdly aggressively pressured by someone he is not into who wouldn't take no for an answer. Stop stalking him.

Edit I'm not trying to like be mean or get a "Pick Own" but if you flip the genders it becomes a pretty familiar sounding story and even a bit scary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

maskenfreiheit posted:

My boyfriend [27] is having a meltdown over the fact that I [F/27] have cut back on housework

Personally, if I was in a dual income household I'd be like "hey, I don't really like doing housework, *you* don't like doing housework, how about we split the cost of a maid, but I'm sane.

Split the cost? poo poo my wife works from home and I pay for a maid because gently caress cleaning bathrooms.