Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Polio Vax Scene posted:

it was jimbo wasnt it

I didn't recognize the name (and I wasn't about to ask, I was already weirded out enough), otherwise I would've outright said who it was. I'm inclined to say it was not, given his response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henker
May 5, 2009

Still holding out hope for a Blood Raven hero, but Blood Raven Sylvanas is an acceptable substitute.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao im the dude googling for hots power bottoms.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Midnightghoul posted:

Big ups to Blizzard Entertainment for confirming that Tychus Findlay has a big ding dong

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

Stop going through my google alerts.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Turtlicious posted:

looks like we're having a Spartacus moment for power bottoms

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Henker posted:

Still holding out hope for a Blood Raven hero, but Blood Raven Sylvanas is an acceptable substitute.

Jimmy's red master skin is a reference to the 40k Blood Ravens, if that helps.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Sir Murkot you say...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Snacksmaniac posted:

Sir Murkot you say...

For Hongrglrl.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Oh hey bikini stitches is back

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Show of Force is still a insultingly low amount of damage compared to the other choices at 4. Pure Malice I might actually consider taking occasionally now. I don't think Rite of Rak'Shir is very good.

Ranger increasing width is bigly bigly bigly needed. Trying to snipe long-distance owls was a loving pain in the rear end, and many times I'd clip heroes but it didn't register as a hit.

Booster fatfinger duration being halved is good but I wish they'd extend that to other abilities too.

Ablative Armor going from 5% to 4% is actually a BIG nerf and I'll need to run the numbers on that later. I'm pretty sure it trips a threshold for a lot of heroes' basic attacks.

The secret is to put Rite of Rak'Shir on a tank, not somebody you plan on killing frequently (because it's easier to keep landing Q on a tank than it is to kill someone who presumably is trying not to be killed).

The damage you can get really fast is insane.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

Oh... wow... umm... wow... just... wooww.... I'm gonna need a minute....

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I kinda admire Blizzard's relative restraint with their summer skins on the female cast.

Do Braxis/Warhead Junction's Goliath mercs differ in any practical way from standard-issue Knight bruisers? Goliaths are ranged and the Raven has detection but those are pretty minor, especially compared to the Fallen camp on the Diablo maps.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

The issue with it's hitbox is that the skill has essentially 2 cast times. Its got the time where you actually cast it (until now this was interruptable) and the longish time before it actually lands. The hitbox itself is fairly narrow. So when you add the significant wait time before the skill lands and the weird thin hitbox it means you either have to be god-tier at predicting their movements or have some incredible cc on your team.

It also means you didn't take taz'dingo which is a really essential piece to Zuljin's gameplay gimmick. He's got no escapes so if you take guillotine you're removing your one defensive ability. I get the concept of guillotine: use it either as a finisher to get someone running or throw it mid fight while you've still got a bunch of life and then by the time it lands someones blown you up so it does a million damage. In practice though with the really lengthy impact time of the skill plus the wonky hitbox you end up giving up so so much to take it over tazdingo and in exchange get a really unreliable nuke for someone who doesn't really need help farting out damage.

I really wish they would either buff the hitbox size or cut the impact time because I really like the ult in theory and have probably tried making it work more than anyone else.

I always assumed it had a really long range too but nope, it's got a pretty normal range.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Why on earth is malthael's title not 'reaper of souls'???

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cuntellectual posted:

I kinda admire Blizzard's relative restraint with their summer skins on the female cast.

I, for one, was really hoping for Thong Song Zagara.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Snacksmaniac posted:

Sir Murkot you say...

I was hoping for a Silver Hand Murky, like from that one Hearthstone Card.

edit: Quick, someone take all those sprays and edit it into the cover of GTA: Vice City

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 3, 2017

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Tychus got no butt on him!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lifeguard Johanna should have been a skin.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GenericOverusedName posted:

Tychus got no butt on him!

That hardly matters for a man of his "stature".

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oh Snapple! posted:

Lifeguard Johanna should have been a skin.

I'm hopeful we'll get a second round of summer skins with ones inspired by the Chromie, Johanna, and Kael sprays.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Cuntellectual posted:

Do Braxis/Warhead Junction's Goliath mercs differ in any practical way from standard-issue Knight bruisers? Goliaths are ranged and the Raven has detection but those are pretty minor, especially compared to the Fallen camp on the Diablo maps.

I always assumed it had a really long range too but nope, it's got a pretty normal range.

Global range on it would be a really sweet change and I'd slam pick that ult every time if this happened.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Johanna for real needs an actual fun skin, because all of her current ones are essentially indistinct from each other and the best one is still her default.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Spellbreaker Johanna owns tho

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Power Bottom posted:

A'ight, so someone from this thread (or reading this thread) tracked down my Discord and messaged me asking for better winrate percentages.

First of all: Do not do that, you creepy loving weirdo.

Secondly: I do not work for Blizzard, I'm just good buddies with some folks that do. We like to BS about HOTS from time to time because we play it together every now and then and that's where I got the Tychus Winrate from. I do not have a secret red telepone wired directly to Alan Dabiri's rear end in a top hat, so please do not play Internet Detective on my poo poo just so you can beg me for Secret Winrate Deets. HOTSlogs, while not perfect, is close enough.

Thank you.

I mean, you're correct here. But are you really surprised that you posted something like that and then someone gooned out on you for it? Is that really a thing you didn't expect to happen?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Bogart posted:

I really like Gluttonous Ward. One of the few group mana regen talents. Lets Azmo pretend to be a support.

It only restores Azmodan's, at least according to the description.

Midnightghoul posted:

Theres a spray of Chromie in a bikini

the game is complete

:raise:

Nephzinho posted:

Every skin in the video is great, craft them all. Hopefully that Zera skin doesn't cost 3k shards or some poo poo.

It will.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 3, 2017

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

I'm BLUE da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee...
I'm curious as to where the "Don't play with tcjimbo" meme came about. I've played with him for probably 10-ish games now through QM and I ranked but had no issues with him.

He's knowledgeable about the game and doesn't tilt if you make a mistake. Honestly the advice he gives is actually quite helpful but I do have to admit I can only play so many matches in unranked where there's bans and drafting before I have to stop before my blood pressure gets me irritated.

The other T-name person however, serves no purpose but to complain in chat. Not to mention how said person claims not to have a microphone but another Goon said he had played with him before where he was using one.

tcjimbo, you ain't such a bad guy. Maybe you're different in ranked play where you don't want your actual ranking ruined but I'm always up for an unranked or QM match. Ranked is a different story because I'm NOT the greatest HotS player.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

He used to be worse. Early in my time playing he used hammer lecturing how the guy was playing her wrong the previous match. He went 0/8/1 it was kind of funny though.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Big Shot D va is fun as gently caress. You rack up a lot of mech deaths but you never stay dead for long

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
don't play with tbogart

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

I'm BLUE da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee...

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

He used to be worse. Early in my time playing he used hammer lecturing how the guy was playing her wrong the previous match. He went 0/8/1 it was kind of funny though.

Eh, we all mellow out eventually.

Bogart posted:

don't play with tbogart

But...wait, that's you :P

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

If you have friends at a company and they give you non public info don't make the info public. Just a tip.

Edit: I played with tcjimbo once in like beta and he was making GBS threads on my hotslog mmr before the game even started. That was enough for me. I didn't even say anything I just joined the party and readied up.

beejay fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 3, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ronnie posted:

Back in middle school German class, a section on differing cultures mentioned that speedos are the most common swimwear in Europe (as opposed to swim trunks here). One girl in my class breathlessly gasped "you can see everything in a speedo!"

Looking at the gif, I keep hearing her say that on repeat.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mind over Matter posted:

I mean, you're correct here. But are you really surprised that you posted something like that and then someone gooned out on you for it? Is that really a thing you didn't expect to happen?

Yes, because I thought being that goony died out because the internet on the whole had matured. I now realize I am an idiot for thinking this.

beejay posted:

If you have friends at a company and they give you non public info don't make the info public. Just a tip.

Blizzard does not give a poo poo about minor things like that - there's a ton of stuff I caught wind of before everyone else back when I was working on Arcade mods and I was free to talk about it with whoever. It'd be a different story if I said there was an indev video coming and what was in it because that's a marketing thing, but miscellaneous statistics like that are kosher to share. If they weren't, I wouldn't have been told about them in the first place.

Switching gears a bit (and in doing so going back to how all of this poo poo started), this guy is trying to create a better/more accurate/less ad-choked HOTSlogs. Might be in some folks' interest to help out by uploading replays.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Ronnie posted:

I really enjoy how there's just, just the slightest amount of physics on that package.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Stupid sexy Tychus...

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Can someone do a gif of the tychus spray with animated pecs?

Asking for a friend.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Everything about that owns

It's gonna be a timed exclusive isn't it?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Cuntellectual posted:

Why on earth is malthael's title not 'reaper of souls'???

Reaper from OW incoming

e: I hope not. Kinda boring probably.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Is there a rule of thumb for how early you can do bosses? Or, I guess, how early is too early / "this will obviously take so much time & cost us so much health+mana its not worth it"? Or is it just gonna depend entirely on team comp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

That surfboard mount looks dope too. That whole video was awesome