Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Username/post combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Use igni to destroy those. There's usually blue or red mutagens in there for loot.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
i feel putting tomatillo sauce on mashed potatoes is disrespectful to the inherent essence of bothe the tomatillo sauce and the potato, well thanks for listening.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

My dad is in Korea for work right now and sent me a picture of...this with the label "I have no idea what the gently caress".

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Could be tofu, or almond flavored pudding, or compressed souls? :confused:

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Mmm...metroids

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Sociopastry posted:

nevermind, I am not a guy or a he, but I am a tired idiot. TIME FOR BED.

edit: in order to apologize for my :downs: moment, here's a monstrosity from my facebook feed.

CAN YOU GUESS WHAT IT IS?

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Oh so that's how loose corn are made

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Sociopastry posted:

edit: in order to apologize for my :downs: moment, here's a monstrosity from my facebook feed.

Mashed cauliflower and salsa verde?

Content:

It's rye bread stuffed with fish, pork, and bacon

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Sociopastry posted:

Looks like mashed potatoes and green chili sauce, which I imagine is easy to find in Colorado/New Mexico/Utah.

I had an omelet with green chili sauce in Utah, which was a less good idea than I had expected.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

That's a lot of twins/triplets.

:barf:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
cleavage, cleavage, blastula is the new duck duck goose now.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Elizabethan Error posted:

Octopedes aren't invertebrates though.

durr i am smrt. exoskeletons and invertebrates aren't related.

Scientists have officially classified octopi as honorary vertebrates! :eng101:

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

HukHukHuk posted:

Could be tofu, or almond flavored pudding, or compressed souls? :confused:

I just got a text from him that said "I now know why they have robo toilets in Korea and Japan, pray for my bowels for now and I will buy the most futuristic toilet I can find when I get home".

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Use igni to destroy those. There's usually blue or red mutagens in there for loot.

:discourse:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

Looks like mashed potatoes and green chili sauce, which I imagine is easy to find in Colorado/New Mexico/Utah.

I had an omelet with green chili sauce in Utah, which was a less good idea than I had expected.

Correct!

Green Chile is very common here but man, there's no way to make it look nice.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I cannot parse this at all. Egg yolks somehow carved into patterns? Some kind of berry aspic floating in a pan of water? What is the stuff to the left? I am so confused and upset right now.

EDIT some of them have hair, I am so angry and bewildered

EDIT EDIT:

Cool Dad has a new favorite as of 23:34 on Jun 2, 2017

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Tunicate posted:

Scientists have officially classified octopi as honorary vertebrates! :eng101:

And I have classified octopi when properly prepared as delicious.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

These look like yellow raspberries suspended in gelatin. Would totally devour.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Jellied volvox was what came to mind first, but this is probably actually correct:

Lackey posted:

These look like yellow raspberries suspended in gelatin. Would totally devour.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bees on Wheat posted:

Jellied volvox was what came to mind first, but this is probably actually correct:

I still haven't seen a volvox after almost a year. Do they only hatch from 10km eggs?

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°

CannonFodder posted:

I still haven't seen a volvox after almost a year. Do they only hatch from 10km eggs?

That is one long-rear end egg :stare:

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

AlbieQuirky posted:

Your mistake was getting it in Utah. Probably some bullshit Colorado chiles.

And those mashed potatoes need at least twice that much green chile

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
my doritos are broken :/

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I'm not sure whether to report this as a bug or not. I mean, it's technically correct, but that sure wouldn't have been my guess.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The Mycogenian yeast vats have put out quite the bounty. The Emperor shall be pleased to hear of this!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Juffo-Wup fills in my fibers and I grow turgid. Violent action ensues.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

do it on my face posted:

That is one long-rear end egg :stare:
It's the chicken I feel sorry for.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

p-hop posted:

A sushi place near me has salmon roe sometimes, it's like tobiko but the size of a tic-tac instead of tiny grains. When fresh and in season it's amazing. Would I like uni? I've had the chance but never tried it yet. The only thing I've not liked on sushi is octopus. It's just really rubbery and chewy.

From last page, but I don't think anyone answered this yet. The salmon roe is called ikura, and it is the loving bomb and one of my personal favourites. If you like this, you might like uni--they have a similar briny-ness, but the texture is pretty different. Like that other goon said, uni is sweeter and also slightly bitter, whereas ikura is more just briny/salty. I think uni is definitely more of an acquired taste. I loved ikura right off the bat, but it took me a few tries to appreciate uni. That being said, I loving love it now and am sad because very few places around me have it on the reg.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Salmon roe sushi is always part of my plate. If you like caviar or any fish roe you should try it.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I have never been a huge fan of salmon roe but flying fish roe is my jam, I love that stuff.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Grand Fromage posted:

I have never been a huge fan of salmon roe but flying fish roe is my jam, I love that stuff.

yeah thats fantastic stuff.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
When I got sushi in japan the sea urchin one was alright even if it just tasted like ocean, but the truly god-awful thing was giant conch. It was like a giant thing of snot but as chewy as gristle, and also tasted bad.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Those orange balls look like big cloudberries.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Juffo-Wup fills in my fibers and I grow turgid. Violent action ensues.

Pro ref droppin

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

yeah I eat rear end posted:

When I got sushi in japan the sea urchin one was alright even if it just tasted like ocean, but the truly god-awful thing was giant conch. It was like a giant thing of snot but as chewy as gristle, and also tasted bad.

I don't mean to sound racist but Asian people have taste buds that work like a random number generator

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't mean to sound racist but Asian people have taste buds that work like a random number generator

That wouldn't have sounded racist if you didn't preface it with "I don't mean to sound racist but"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It could also be the av

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

That wouldn't have sounded racist if you didn't preface it with "I don't mean to sound racist but"

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

It could also be the av

gently caress