Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Night10194 posted:

I kinda got to say, much as I lust for Donald going down in flames, I'm not really hype for watching entire communities get devastated like Katrina did to New Orleans.

Yeah, sorry, not disaster-hyped.

Let's all hope his dumbass golf course gets washed away instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

TildeATH posted:

And their favorite Red Pill thing comes from a pair of transgendered filmmakers. Truly, the MRA Alt-Right Sad White Remnant is the most compromised of the resurgent social movements.

OMG I hadn't paid enough attention to their movement to even realize that they were pulling that from the Matrix until I read this. That's loving Awesome and further support for my theory that the universe runs on irony.

Sadly Sense8 was cancelled because we apparently can't have nice things.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Lightning Lord posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/870745699503267842

I'm sorry if you're living in an area prone to hurricanes :stare:

Yeahhhh this is a concern. A lot of us (FEMA, NOAA, etc) have been without administrators but the mechanisms for response aren't really affected. My concern would be if something really big happens and significant resources are needed and no one in the White House is interested in listening to a Dep/Acting Admin when requests for support are made. (same goes for new initiatives and programs, but those wouldn't be as critical, anyway)

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Snuffman posted:

He couldn't find someone to head FEMA that also doesn't believe Federal-level emergencies happen and/or Hurricanes exist, I take it?

EDIT: Wasn't it Katrina that tanked Dubya? And FEMA was just incompetently led then, not completely leaderless.

:getin:

Presumably both have an acting director who is hopefully competent, but operating with that sort of organizational uncertainty isn't ideal. NOAA is probably better off than FEMA though.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

axeil posted:

Nah, you got it because you said there were literally no mountains anywhere in the US except for the Rockies. It was really funny though! No hard feelings :)

That's really not the weirdest part of that derail. This was:

glowing-fish posted:

Arkansas? No. Arkansas is almost totally flat, which is why they had plantation agriculture, which is why the people there are weak. Like, isn't this a basic fact that everyone knows?

Geography is destiny: mountain make people stronk!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/brianstelter/status/870771740489723905

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Lightning Lord posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/870745699503267842

I'm sorry if you're living in an area prone to hurricanes :stare:

:rip: Montana's east coast

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

what will trump's base say when a hurricane obliterates southern coastal states and there's no leader in FEMA or NOAA.

will he try to blame it on the dems? something like "they keep blocking my picks!" will he make no statement and then send spicer out to not answer questions about it?

this madness ends somewhere. it might end on glowing-fish's front lawn as floodwaters draw deep into montana and threaten his mountain-top log cabin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.85b6549ac25c

probably mostly silent, though by the comments here some will bring up gender neutral bathrooms in response.

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 2, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think (hope) anyone's actively rooting for tragedy and devastating. We've just all known that the Trump Administration's disregard for staffing the government is probably going to be a serious problem when one of these natural disasters eventually happens.

I mean, I'm sure some rear end in a top hat will pop in now to wish death on people because they voted red. But I think most of us are just commenting, not rooting for it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Considering that he's probably about to lose his job, that seems accurate.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I am going to tonight's taping of Lovett or Leave it. Any requests for questions I should try and ask the Crooked Media folks?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

The Glumslinger posted:

I hope it wrecks Mar-A-Lago (but leaves the surrounding area untouched)

lol trump would find a sleazy way to make taxpayers pay for rebulding it

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

axeil posted:

I am going to tonight's taping of Lovett or Leave it. Any requests for questions I should try and ask the Crooked Media folks?

Get him started on a Joe Lieberman rant.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Lube banjo posted:

there's no way he doesn't do exactly this. didnt he also try to exploit 9/11 for personal gain?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

They don't care.

Remember after Sandy when the GOP was demanding that hurricane relief for NY/NJ was paid for and they held that hostage for some time?

Or how the Trump admin has denied hurricane relief to NC from last year?

Regressive Congresspersons/senators when nature disasters hit a blue state : No fed. spending. Also gently caress NYC and gently caress 9/11 first responders if it's not 9/11. (if it is 9/11 still no money for them)

When a nature disaster hits their state : Free money noa please.

edit : 1st world problems/low nature disaster risk area problems : I'm surprised weather.gov still works I'm going to miss it when it goes down it's the best weather website.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 2, 2017

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

(EDIT) sorry, no content posting, thought better of it

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

axeil posted:

Ask about the Politico piece on the Dem split between "focus on Russia/no, focus on health care." I'd like to hear his response.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Skex posted:

Sadly Sense8 was cancelled because we apparently can't have nice things.

Trump's America can only support Netflix shows about political corruption nostalgia, 80s nostalgia, prison nostalgia, suicide nostalgia and Full House Reboots.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

This is like 12 hours old now, looks like, but I didn't see it so I'm posting it anyway

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/870593363422085120

poo poo is getting real hosed up

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

axeil posted:

Get me Katie Nolan's number

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Lube banjo posted:

Not if he was in it at the time...

"I don't believe in climate change, I don't believe in climate change, ugh, these hands are too small to swim with!!!"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

This is like 12 hours old now, looks like, but I didn't see it so I'm posting it anyway

Putin's a monster, but NATO should never have expanded after the Cold War. That made this madness inevitable.:smith:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ReidRansom posted:

Headline is sensationalistic, IMO. Putin saber rattled a bit and that IS disturbing but he clearly chose his words to not actually make the threat that headline is claiming he made. Otherwise it certainly would be the headline story on every news hour.

IMO Putin playing games since he had a very soft interviewer in Megyn Kelly and knew he could get away with it.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
If the beautiful Swedish are threatened Trump might do something.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ReidRansom posted:

they are saber rattling hard. the Trump trump card fizzled and the alt/hard right europe take over did as well. Russia economy is still hosed. invading sweden/europe/poland would be suicidal.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Majorian posted:

Putin's a monster, but NATO should never have expanded after the Cold War. That made this madness inevitable.:smith:

alternatively, it should have included russia as part of a bridging of relationships, presented alongside a new marshall plan for post soviet states instead of the selling off of state assets to private contractors and oligarchs in a fire sale.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

AsInHowe posted:

Get me Katie Nolan's number

I kinda miss Garbage Time. It wasn't very good, but it was charming.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they are saber rattling hard. the Trump trump card fizzled and the alt/hard right europe take over did as well. Russia economy is still hosed. invading sweden/europe/poland would be suicidal.

Trump may have fizzled on lifting the sanctions ASAP (though he apparently is still trying to do so), but it has 100% succeeded in weakening the US's power abroad which is still a huge win for Putin. Not as big of a win as no sanctions and super expensive oil, but its not nothing

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

STAC Goat posted:

I kinda miss Garbage Time. It wasn't very good, but it was charming.

It was the best thing on that channel, somewhat by default

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

ReidRansom posted:

Related: Russian index fingers: delicious AND nutritious? Our reporters investigate.

Seriously though, that's sufficiently suicidal that you can't really take it seriously in my opinion. I'd expect this nonsense from North Korea, but it's a little disappointing coming from Russia.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah because the alt-right is going to support someone who is invading a nation of blond haired blue eyed people

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

AsInHowe posted:

It was the best thing on that channel, somewhat by default

In retrospect its kind of weird and fitting that one of its last episodes was the one after the election when she couldn't hold it together enough to make bad jokes about sports. Trump broke a lot of stuff.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Majorian posted:

Yeah, so we'd be even further on the back foot when putin came around. That's a brilliant plan!

Never try and appease countries like Russia, only be ready for the next time to fight them.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

TildeATH posted:

Not if he was in it at the time...

"I don't believe in climate change, I don't believe in climate change, ugh, these hands are too small to swim with!!!"

Donnie won't say those words while in FL because Scott Walker banned them.

Also reminder Rick Scott is the tall skinny bald of evil cartoon stereotype.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

The Glumslinger posted:

Trump may have fizzled on lifting the sanctions ASAP (though he apparently is still trying to do so), but it has 100% succeeded in weakening the US's power abroad which is still a huge win for Putin. Not as big of a win as no sanctions and super expensive oil, but its not nothing

Presumably the next (D) President will be running on a platform of strengthening the middle class and also restoring America's standing abroad. Ironically, the next President will MAGA.

Boon fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 3, 2017

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Boon posted:

Presumably the next (D) President

Donald Jr?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Yeah, so we'd be even further on the back foot when putin came around. That's a brilliant plan!

Never try and appease countries like Russia, only be ready for the next time to fight them.

That's idiotic. Part of the reason Putin is in office is because we expanded NATO and ratfucked their economy.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I just stuck my head in over at T_D for no reason. I'm wondering - did libs dickride this hard for Obama? Maybe during the election but months later? It's staggering.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Hellblazer187 posted:

I just stuck my head in over at T_D for no reason. I'm wondering - did libs dickride this hard for Obama? Maybe during the election but months later? It's staggering.

Speaking completely anecdotally but I had 2 teachers in highschool literally jump up and down when he won and rub it in the face of the conservative students that were pro-Mccain and made it a very hostile environment for the rest of the school year to the point a couple kids dropped the class completely (law and policy).

It made me really hate the left for a few solid months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Hellblazer187 posted:

Obama wasn't a disaster and liberals didn't have to circle the wagons instead of confronting their own horrible decisions.

Instead liberals got to nitpick the President or criticize him where he rightly deserved it and then not show up for midterms because they don't matter and the Democrats are a disappointment for not immediately changing everything in a system designed to not change quickly.

• Locked thread