Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Blacula posted:

Thanks, love these kind of guides. Any advice on getting all artisan workers to make the rest of the advice work? Having a hard time telling how many to put where and figuring out how much and which lodging properties to have...

Getting artisan workers just takes time and some luck. Every 10 levels, a worker becomes eligible for a promotion test. This test takes 24 hours and you can only have 1 worker taking it at a time. If they succeed they go up a tier. Supposedly the level of the worker increases their chance of succeeding the test, but I have not seen anyone run tests to see if this is true. Personally I wait until my workers hit level 20, then attempt 2 promotions. If they fail I'll sell them and try to get a replacement. They do get a 3rd promotion opportunity at level 30 but getting to level 30 takes a very long time. If they fail all 3 promotion tests they are permanently stuck at that tier. You can hire professional and artisan tier workers directly from the npc if you get lucky, but they are very very rare. Make sure to have at least 90,000 silver in the bank when rolling workers in case you hit an artisan.

You can also buy workers from other players off the worker exchange market, but this is a pain. The game does have notifications for when artisan workers are put up for sale, but it doesn't say what city. They actually appear on the market 10 minutes later after the notification. Pricing depends on their level and skills, a level 1 is cheap, a level 30 decked out artisan can be like 13 million.

Regarding how many workers to put where, and what lodging properties to take, that is something you'll end up fiddling with a lot over time. Your node network will grow and change as you learn the game and figure out what resources you want, and what activities you want to do in the game. When you click on a town in the top right there are drop down menus you can use to filter buildings by purpose. Select lodging and start looking around and see which buildings offer the most lodging spaces per CP.

Note that any decision you make with CP in this game is not permanent, you can always get a 100% refund. Feel free to experiment.

Afgad posted:

So far my game experience has been like this:

The lifeskills part of this game is super fun and incredibly time consuming. I'm loving it.

:) That is pretty much how I started the game out as well. I just messed around learning how all those systems worked for the first month or two when the game came out. Even once you get an understanding of how it all works for the most part, you'll still find yourself learning new things and being surprised. I also really enjoyed laughing at all the pvp sperglords who got caught up grinding 18 hours a day to be ~competitive~ and yelled about how the game sucked as they burned out and quit.

Harrow posted:

That does actually sound kind of nice. And watching some videos, I'm impressed with how fluid the movement controls seem, too. Most MMOs have really limited or floaty movements but in videos it looks Black Desert's movement tries to feel like a single-player game, with climbing over fences, skidding on horses, and cool stuff like that.

I've bought too many games recently but this does look like a fun way to spend some time.

The movement and controls are all very fluid. A vast majority of your character skills are done with some combination of WSAD, left or right mouse button, Q, F, or E, with shift as an input sometimes. You can put some skills on the hotbar if you want, but not all of them. It seems daunting as first but feels so much better than pressing 12345 once you figure it out. You can jump on or over most objects and climb rocks and walls to some extent. Horses do have momentum and take time to accelerate and brake, and there are horse skills that influence their mobility or give them more movement options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I haven't played this game since mid last year. Overwatch yanked me from the game hard. Do I need to rebuy the game since its on steam now? I read somewhere that my characters don't transfer over to the new servers, is that true?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Revolver Bunker posted:

I haven't played this game since mid last year. Overwatch yanked me from the game hard. Do I need to rebuy the game since its on steam now? I read somewhere that my characters don't transfer over to the new servers, is that true?

If you already have an account you can just keep using it. Steam is just another way to have the game. If you want an account tied to steam, you would need buy a new account through steam. Everyone accesses the same servers with the exception of the steam specific olvia (beginner/returning player double xp) channels currently available

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If you're new to the game like me, is buying it on Steam the best option? I don't really care about Steam as a platform, but since everyone's excited that it's on Steam I guess it's worth asking.

Also: is Wizard as fun as it looks? I was kind of bummed that Sorceress is female-only because I like fast, mobile mages, but the Wizard also looks surprisingly mobile, versatile, and fast-paced, but also with a lot of big explosions, and I do like big explosions. And pointy hats.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I've only played one character, a wizard, and I'm having a blast.

Fireballs are a good fast ranged AOE, the magic arrows shoot fast enough that it's a non-stop stream of death.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Witch/wizards aren't terribly mobile as far as classes go. They get a teleport spell but it's not much compared to the dashes some other classes get. Witch/wiz is more about teleporting into/near a group and nuking them, you're unlikely to need to do input more than about 1 action per second because most of the good skill have a decent windup. Since you don't have to have a super high input rate, it makes it easier to grind for longer periods of time. Just try out the classes or watch vids on them. Every class's, except for striker since it is new, skillset changes at 56, so that's the more important part.

As far as buying it on steam, buy it wherever you want. I think the price on the website is the same as on steam, so if you want it on steam get it on steam. There are currently beginner channels that are exclusive to steam users, so maybe that might interest you but all the beginner channels are probably super crowded. I don't know if there are any other promotions via steam right now.

EDIT: the prices on the website are back up to normal. If steam still has the discounted packages ($28 explorers bundle), buy it there

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 31, 2017

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Me and my two best friends jumped into this over the weekend, because we saw it on steam for 6 bucks and recognized it as "that gorgeous game I stopped hearing things about a few years ago". So I made the grumpiest wizardman and have been zapping imps to death.

What the gently caress is this game? The combat is cool and I like it, but everything else is just way more in-depth than I was prepared for. There's property investment and like twelve different profession skills, and the game tracks humidity and groundwater and....

I need like sixteen tutorials the game doesn't want to give me, but overall I'm very intrigued.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Rainuwastaken posted:

What the gently caress is this game?

my best mmo experience in a long while was the first month of BDO when it just came out, joining a guild and trying to find an answer to this question together

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Rainuwastaken posted:

Me and my two best friends jumped into this over the weekend, because we saw it on steam for 6 bucks and recognized it as "that gorgeous game I stopped hearing things about a few years ago". So I made the grumpiest wizardman and have been zapping imps to death.

What the gently caress is this game? The combat is cool and I like it, but everything else is just way more in-depth than I was prepared for. There's property investment and like twelve different profession skills, and the game tracks humidity and groundwater and....

I need like sixteen tutorials the game doesn't want to give me, but overall I'm very intrigued.

That's exactly how I felt last year when I bought this game for $30. Its beautiful and has so much depth to it. Almost TOO much. I started speccing to go into cooking and its like actual cooking in that I need a full kitchen, ingredients, seasoning, a spoon. I found myself running off into the mountains to go get meat and milk and then hunting down herbs in fields. It was fun but if you get yourself too deep into it the grind can burn you out quick.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Along those lines, if I wanted to focus mostly on PvE for the near future, does house buying / fishing / life skilling / etc.. help significantly with that part of the game more than others?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Gilg posted:

Along those lines, if I wanted to focus mostly on PvE for the near future, does house buying / fishing / life skilling / etc.. help significantly with that part of the game more than others?

Life skilling helps PvE and PvP in that it is one of the best forms of income that requires relatively minimal active time. PvE benefits from better gear, and better gear is acquirable with more money/resources. Gathering is also the main source of end-game upgrade materials. You could go grind for something like 8m/hr (you won't be able to without already being somewhat geared) and get your money that way, but it's also fairly simple to set up mostly afk life skills that rake more than 8mil every day as long as you're willing to leave your game running in the background.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Been playing again, started a Dark Knight and it is a sure way to get into the fun fast.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/2042/bdo-kr-patch-notes-june-1st-striker-buffs-and-new-events-to-gain-additional-exp

Currently patched into KR.

Guild welfare.. small guilds, with 10 people online @ 00:00AM every monday will get 1 billion silver. :aaa:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Who the gently caress cares

give me this

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Thinking of trying this out today. Are any classes particularly great/poo poo compared to others at being able to level and do things solo at a decent pace?

Also is anything in the explorer's bundle a must have for QoL starting out or is it all still playable at just the $10 entry point.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Zerilan posted:

Thinking of trying this out today. Are any classes particularly great/poo poo compared to others at being able to level and do things solo at a decent pace?

Also is anything in the explorer's bundle a must have for QoL starting out or is it all still playable at just the $10 entry point.

I just got the game last week and I love it. All the classes I've played, Ninja, Musa, Striker, and Wizard have all been super fun and murders everything. Especially Striker. Everything I've done up to level 26 has been solo and it's drat fast. If you can get the Travelers Pack, it's a deal. You get 30 days of VIP and a free horse, inventory space, a character slot and other goodies. I highly recommend it.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Zerilan posted:

All classes breeze through all content until level 50 with quest rewards. After 50 some classes do need a bit more gear than others but by this time you can easily afford the bare minimums gear.
Leveling to 53 is really fast, then it slows noticeably down every level until 56 when it starts to actually get fairly slow. At 56 is also when you "awaken" and your class changes radically. This is also when the differences in PVE ability starts becoming noticeable.
Since the grind is so real and even a tiny % boost to your experience gain will mean hours and hours of less grinding to get to the next level the classes with a good array of AOE skills are the ones that level fast.
Wizard/witch are in a tier of their own, then most other classes follow suit. At the very bottom you have Maehwa and Valkyrie who have very little AOE skills after awakened and are generally considered the worst for PVE.

Just play a bunch of characters to 50, watch gameplay videos, learn the game (it is surprisingly deep and complicated) and make a decision on 1 or 2 main characters to take further once you know more about the game. There are a ton of account wide unlocks you want, such as knowledge (which gives energy) and contribution points, so leveling multiple characters is not a waste. In fact some prefer this over say crafting things over and over and over to level contribution points.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Since it's not on sale anymore, the $50 package isn't a braindead best purchase (was $28 on sale). The package gives you:

2x Value Packs (30 Days): These are technically ~$15 and nice to have but basically none of us buy these with cash shop purchases
10x Elion's Blessing: Resurrection item. Same as above. These are given out in events a lot.
1x Tier 5 Horse: Nice to have, but tier 5 horses are much more attainable than they were at release.
1x Pet of Choice: If you play for any length of time you will end up getting at least 4 of these. $10
2x Character Slot Expansion Coupons: Nice to have, the game encourages having alts. You can buy them with loyalty slowly, but it competes with weight and inventory expansions. $6 but I've never bought slots with pearls
1x Inventory Slot +16 Expansion Coupon: You will probably want more inventory than what you can get from quests. You can also buy slots slowly with loyalty, but the best deal right now is the 100 slots for ~$50, but you need to be set on characters before you do that. +100 slots is mostly useful for afk fishing. $15 normally, currently $11.50 for this particular item.
1x Horse Flute (Permanent): Nice to have, by no means necessary. $15 if you buy it later
5x Housing Decoration Coupons: lol
1x Silver Embroidered Life Clothes Exchange Coupon: This isn't worth anything

All that being said, if you're getting the base game and don't care if it's on steam, a couple of us are willing to buy the game for you if you will get a character to level 30 since it gives us a pet (~$10 value though pet isn't available for purchase) and you get the base game for free.

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jun 2, 2017

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I picked up just the base game and played a striker for a bit since I tend to gravitate a lot to punching/fist weapon classes in MMOs. Then noticed how just much poo poo their is, tried to look for some info on striker skills and poo poo to learn more about the class, and realized it's like brand new and no one really knows what they're doing on it yet anyway.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Zerilan posted:

I picked up just the base game and played a striker for a bit since I tend to gravitate a lot to punching/fist weapon classes in MMOs. Then noticed how just much poo poo their is, tried to look for some info on striker skills and poo poo to learn more about the class, and realized it's like brand new and no one really knows what they're doing on it yet anyway.

Maybe try berserker if that's your thing. They use an axe pre-awakening and an "iron buster" after, but the important part is they have a lot of grabs

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
That 100 slot inventory bundle, which is 6x 16 slots and a 4-slot, can i spread those around on my characters or is it a single consumable with an odd name? (If the latter, will it bind to the character i am logged on to when i buy it?)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ineptitude posted:

That 100 slot inventory bundle, which is 6x 16 slots and a 4-slot, can i spread those around on my characters or is it a single consumable with an odd name? (If the latter, will it bind to the character i am logged on to when i buy it?)

I was wondering this myself.

Ended up going "gently caress it" and decided to make another alt for my casual scum self (never played a ranger before) and just gave it the discounted weight upgrades since I understand it to be a potion chugging black hole.

Loads of inventory space is really more a fishing thing and I already have a master fisher character I can't be arsed even using anymore.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

gwrtheyrn posted:

All that being said, if you're getting the base game and don't care if it's on steam, a couple of us are willing to buy the game for you if you will get a character to level 30 since it gives us a pet (~$10 value though pet isn't available for purchase) and you get the base game for free.

This is true and I am one of them. Use the 7 day trial, get level 30, get base game for free. I want a drat polar bear

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

So my wizardman is cool and fun but I've been told alts are great to have, so I'm looking at the other classes. How do Warrior and Maehwa stack up, and what are they good at?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

All inventory upgrades are locked to the character you buy them on

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Rainuwastaken posted:

So my wizardman is cool and fun but I've been told alts are great to have, so I'm looking at the other classes. How do Warrior and Maehwa stack up, and what are they good at?

Try Musa. The most fun I've had grinding so far. Great mobility and great clearing speeds. No reliance on pots.

d-liquor
Aug 18, 2009

Now Tayne I can get into!

gwrtheyrn posted:

All inventory upgrades are locked to the character you buy them on

Are pets character bound as well?

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Rainuwastaken posted:

Warrior is surprisingly fun for a sword-n-board class. Lots of counterattacking and quick side/back-stepping. Makes you feel like you're real hot poo poo if you're comboing well. Don't know how they do in PvP or post-Awakening, haven't grinded that far yet.

Musa and Maehwa are really fun, too. At first some of their combos and skills feel a bit clunky because they don't flow quite as fast as the ninja classes or the ranger, and their inputs are a bit weird. Lots of forward/backwards directional input for certain skills. However, once you get the hang of making sure you don't go dashing off in a random direction, they're fast as hell and really really good at jumping from group to group to clear zones quickly, at least pre-awakening. Again, haven't grinded to 56 with either yet. Maehwa has the cooler class skills as far as I'm concerned but they're both pretty neat.

J
Jun 10, 2001

d-liquor posted:

Are pets character bound as well?

No, pets can be used on any character.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I haven't followed this since the first (inevitable) goon guild dramaplosion about a month after release. Last US/EU patch I was aware of was when they actually implemented the desert and the thread title changed.

Since Dark Knight is now released, does that mean the other continent thing was released too? Are the pirate islands and that one coastal fort still the end-game?

J
Jun 10, 2001

boho posted:

I haven't followed this since the first (inevitable) goon guild dramaplosion about a month after release. Last US/EU patch I was aware of was when they actually implemented the desert and the thread title changed.

Since Dark Knight is now released, does that mean the other continent thing was released too? Are the pirate islands and that one coastal fort still the end-game?

Pirates are the best solo exp and money in the game. The coastal fort (Sausans) is also really good money but the experience falls off for people who care about going to level 59+. in the desert, there is an area called pila ku jail with level 60 enemies that is quite a bit more difficult that is still a really solid solo spot for those who have the gear for it. Then there are these portals that spawn randomly out in the desert that take you to 1 of 2 dungeons, called aakman or hystria. Aakman is the best exp in the game in a good group. Hystria is the hardest content in game, the enemies in there are level 65 and are mostly ranged. People don't really go in there except for shits and giggles since nobody has the gear or level for it to be ~efficient.~

They also did a big ocean expansion called margoria that added this giant ocean northwest of pirate island. You can build a huge boat now called the epheria boat that takes a gently caress ton of logs and a ton of worker time to build, but is a lot faster and can carry more cargo than a fishing boat. It also has cannons on it to shoot sea monsters or other players with, although there is almost no reason to shoot players with it currently. Sailing across the ocean takes like 45 minutes, (it's freakin huge and empty) although there is an NPC ferry as well you can use if you want to AFK it. Across the ocean is a town called port Ratt, which has a few story quests but the continent behind it is locked out for now. People with really high trading skill can buy some fancy trade goods from port ratt that sell really well on the mainland if you have the means to get them across the ocean. That's the only real reason to go to Ratt at the moment. Sea monsters and hurricanes will attack you, you can't really do it with just a fishing boat. Ocean fishing is really good, the best fishing spots in the game if you have enough inventory spots to hold a good amount of fish. You don't have to sail very far out to get to the ocean fishing areas either.

d-liquor
Aug 18, 2009

Now Tayne I can get into!
I just started this past weekend with the sale, so I'm new 'round these here parts. Is there an official goon guild? Awful lonely killin' goblins by my lonesome.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
So hopefully lewtt sees my PM and adds this onto the OP:

Things to consider before playing BDO: The $10 base game (or less if on sale) gives you only access to the game. If you're actually going to play the game and want to enjoy it, you're going to have to dump $100 into it. For new players: Buy the top tier one if you can afford it, the items from it are far better value than individually.
Why do you need to spend $100?
1.) Horse whistle (comes with the higher tier pack). This lets you call your horse from further range, it doesn't sound useful until you play with it then without it.
2.) 4 pets (you will need more but you'll find out why later). Pets will autoloot for you and this game is all about genocide. If you stop to loot everything, your grind speed drops. If you don't pick up loot, you're going to be forever poor and unable to upgrade.
3.) Weight/inventory increases. Maxing out your weight and getting decent inventory will cost a pretty penny but the quality of life improvement is so huge. These two upgrades also directly correlate to more efficient life skill gains.
4.) Maids. The more you can afford the better. Maids let you access the closest regional capital bank (Veila, Altinova, Heidel, Calpheon, Valencia) and you can drop off an item (or stack) up to 50 lt every 20 minutes.
5.) Non-combat outfits. Gather faster, cook faster, fish faster, you get the idea.
6.) Horse skill coupons/breeding resets etc. Realistically, to get a fast horse with the holy trinity, you need to use a few horse skill coupons. Ask anyone who has had a slow horse and a fast horse. There's a big difference.

VALUE PACKS: DO NOT USE THESE. SAVE THEM UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.
This point cannot be emphasized enough. If you need inventory space or weight, buy the loving weight or inventory upgrades. Those are permanent.
Unless you're rich and don't care about money at all, Value packs serve one purpose: Boost your money from selling on the marketplace.
You have 30 items you can store on the MP at any given time. Without the VP, you get 65% of the selling price. With the VP, you get 84.5% of the selling price.
Selling an item doesn't impact how much you get, it's whether you have the VP active at time of money collection that determines how much you get.
Any higher value items you sell should be left uncollected until you max out your sales queue. Always sell the items with fluctuating prices first. Then after you max those out, pop the VP, collect money and then dump all your value consistent items (Memory Fragments, Black stones, etc.)

What guild to join?
Parks And Rec is casual and we have some guild buffs. Always join a guild because of the guild buffs.
We don't own any land so most guilds can't declare war on us.
You can join another guild or join PNR, it doesn't matter. We'll run scrolls usually weekly or sometimes more than once a week depending on how many scrolls we need to burn.
Leeching scrolls is a great way for a new player to make money.
Hop in discord and we'll usually spam both guild chat and discord for scrolls but if we have too many people that want to go, I'm going to take the guild goons first.
PNR discord:
https://discord.gg/tXJYW48

edit: Also, I haven't been posting here as much, but you'll see me sperg out plenty on discord or guild chat about how to be efficient with your money or MAKE $5000 A WEEK FROM HOME WITH THIS ONE EASY TRICK.

TVDinna fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 2, 2017

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Inventory and weight upgrades only apply to one character though, right? So it'd probably be a good idea to level up a couple of classes and find the one you want before going nuts I'd imagine.

What's the difference between Musa and Maehwa? They both seem to get pole weapons later on, but I keep hearing that Musa is godlike whereas Maehwa is terrible. Which is unfortunate, because I wanted to play pretty polearm princess dress-up at some point.

Is there a general point where I should be stopping and figuring out life skills? My wizard is level 26 and I've got around 60 energy and CP, so it's not like I can't invest in stuff, but I'm wondering if there's a particular city or something I should get to and base my operations out of.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You get one free lodging in each city, so I would use the videos or guides to find a good moneymaking node near each city and hire a good worker to get started. You can expand from there as CP grows and when/if you decide to manufacture things.

And yes, I don't really agree with the $100 thing, but certainly don't start putting money into characters unless you are sure it's the class for you. I am thinking about ditching my sorc for DK and it's a tough decision because my Sorc has some decent money invested in it.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
updated OP with various tidbits and nonsensical picture headers. hopped back in the game a day or so ago since I saw it explode up on the steam charts. Don't know poo poo about hunting so someone write me something I can shove in the op.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

gwrtheyrn posted:

2x Value Packs (30 Days): These are technically ~$15 and nice to have but basically none of us buy these with cash shop purchases

Are you guys actually able to snipe these off the marketplace? I never see any listed.

softcorps
May 25, 2005

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes

Ineptitude posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/6d9r5b/100_inventory_bundle_can_be_split_between/

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/inventory-slot-expansion-bundle.4371/#post-45559

You can share them between your characters, which is something I wish they'd be more explicit about on them various pearl store items. I bought them myself, so I'm not talking out of my rear end, and there's a screenshot on the BDO forums as additional proof. They go into your separate Pearl inventory, and can be taken out, banked, and transferred to alts. Not sure if this is a rare exception to a rule or what; I've noticed other pearl items can be banked and transferred too, like combat or life EXP scrolls.

It's a pretty solid purchase if you're really into the game and have an alt problem. An extra two rows of inventory slots makes life-skilling or fishing much less of a headache by bumping up your base free inventory from 55 to 71, which is more than enough to comfortably use, especially if you don't want to rely on sniping Value Packs all the time.

Great deal if the 20% coupon thing is still going, and it stacks with any existing discounts, but not with other coupons. Note that you have to purchase an item directly to use a coupon (stack of coins icon), rather than putting it in your cart.

softcorps fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 2, 2017

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

softcorps posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/6d9r5b/100_inventory_bundle_can_be_split_between/

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/inventory-slot-expansion-bundle.4371/#post-45559

You can share them between your characters, which is something I wish they'd be more explicit about on them various pearl store items. I bought them myself, so I'm not talking out of my rear end, and there's a screenshot on the BDO forums as additional proof. They go into your separate Pearl inventory, and can be taken out, banked, and transferred to alts.

Great deal if the 20% coupon thing is still going, and it stacks with any existing discounts, but not with other coupons. Note that you have to purchase an item directly to use a coupon (stack of coins icon), rather than putting it in your cart.

Wow, I assumed that they were character bound since they don't show up in the pearl inventory across characters like many other items. Guess these expansions aren't wasted after all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

lewtt posted:

Map/Nodes – This is complicated
  • You can INVEST in a node after you own it. Investing takes energy, not contribution. This will increase the drop rates further, and is worth it if you intend to do anything there for a long period of time. Investing in a town makes it easier to persuade NPCs in it.

Can I get a clarification on this? Just a few pages ago the consensus was that it did nothing or, that it was totally ???